How to train your dragon chat

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

Re: How to train your dragon chat

Postby Erravi » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:06 am

Saw the movie the day it came out, and I think I liked the first one more, as well. A few characters seemed a little out of character and strange to me, Astrid in particular. Toothless was absolutely adorable, though, so I think it was definitely worth watching. I'm somewhat wary of the third one planned.

Also, is anyone here a Rise of the Brave Tangled Dragons fan?
pronouns: HE/HIM
flight rising || furry paws || chicken smoothie
getting back into eldemore (and similar games) after a 5 year break.
i'm a sucker for aesthetics.
i have 2 dogs and 1 snake.
Erravi

Postby Silverhart » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:10 am

Erravi wrote:Also, is anyone here a Rise of the Brave Tangled Dragons fan?

I've heard of it. I'm not a fan, but I think it's a fun crossover thing. I love seeing the creativity of fans of any media. ^^
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby interestingword » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:01 am

I have not seen the movie, and am in no particular hurry to.
ANYONE read the most recent book?!
still here, still here

howdy! my name is Sting
podcast fiend, dungeon master
and wildlife ecology major~
my fave pronouns are he/??

ask me about snakes!

mkairalla1 is my parabatai!
Gwen is my argent buddy!
interestingword

Postby Vlad » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:13 pm

You guys.
I'm jealous of you.
All of you.

For someone like me who likes the rain, the only downside to being in the UK is that movies/games get released later.

I have to wait for the 3rd of JULY to see the 2nd movie.

-grumbles and walks off-
he/him
signatures are for people that have motivation

Vlad

Postby Silverhart » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:33 am

interestingword wrote:I have not seen the movie, and am in no particular hurry to.
ANYONE read the most recent book?!

I haven't unfortunately. I've still only read the first.

Foxesrule wrote:You guys.
I'm jealous of you.
All of you.

For someone like me who likes the rain, the only downside to being in the UK is that movies/games get released later.

I have to wait for the 3rd of JULY to see the 2nd movie.

-grumbles and walks off-

That does stink. But it's only a month. We in America have to wait usually one or two years (or sometimes more) before we get movie releases from Europe released on DVD, if we get them at all. XD (alright, so the majority of Americans aren't interested in foreign films, but for those of us that are, it's really frustrating) I don't understand why it takes so long, I mean, the movies are already in English or have an English dub. It's the same with books also, which is weird.

It's kind of baffling why they would release it so much later for you guys though. I mean the movies' done. It's not like they even have to ship film reels or anything, because everything's digital nowadays. And even if the film was physically shipped, it'd only take like a week at most. That doesn't make sense to me. It's stupid marketing or something.

I'm sure you'll love it when you see it though! Just be sure to avoid spoilers!
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Silverhart

Postby Saphira344 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:09 am

i loved it, and almost screamed out timberjacks when i saw them at the star :P
I hoard any and all griffons.
I use saphira344 on every sight I am on, other then Youtube and Flight Rising where I am Saphira3441, so you might of seen me around.
Samhain, All Hallows' eve event
[center]Dralon Flock||Asperger Syndrome||Ask me || Icarus ||Athena||Moon Frost(Frost)||Tilly's story||
Saphira344

Postby Silverhart » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:51 am

Huh, apparently the sequel is doing worse then the original at the box office... which isn't really good news for Dreamworks. It's still making money, but it's not doing as well as they were expecting.

Hopefully this doesn't ruin the chances of a third film. Much as I rant about it's flaws I still want it to do well. I prefer a poorly executed story with a lot of heart and passion and spectacular art then... well, something like 'Penguins of Madagascar', which I'll probably forget about a day after I watch it (not that the first 'Madagascar' film wasn't good, but the Madagascar sequels are just getting more and more generic and dull).
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Saphira344 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:28 pm

Silverhart wrote:Huh, apparently the sequel is doing worse then the original at the box office... which isn't really good news for Dreamworks. It's still making money, but it's not doing as well as they were expecting.

Hopefully this doesn't ruin the chances of a third film. Much as I rant about it's flaws I still want it to do well. I prefer a poorly executed story with a lot of heart and passion and spectacular art then... well, something like 'Penguins of Madagascar', which I'll probably forget about a day after I watch it (not that the first 'Madagascar' film wasn't good, but the Madagascar sequels are just getting more and more generic and dull).

have you seen the tv serise? I own the first seson and i ive watched the 2nd online, my favert ep in seson two would be:Race to firewyrm island, becuse of the fact its mostly about hookfang(who i adore) but it really makes me hate Snotlouts dad, if it wasnt for his voice acter i would hate him so much!!! He cares nothing for hookfang, he sees dragons as just tools!!! just omg i just hate him, though they are probably planing for a future ep for him to change.

Edit:Its called Dragons defenders of berk!
I hoard any and all griffons.
I use saphira344 on every sight I am on, other then Youtube and Flight Rising where I am Saphira3441, so you might of seen me around.
Samhain, All Hallows' eve event
[center]Dralon Flock||Asperger Syndrome||Ask me || Icarus ||Athena||Moon Frost(Frost)||Tilly's story||
Saphira344

Postby Silverhart » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:00 pm

I saw one episode of the series once I think, but it didn't really catch my interest. Maybe I'll give it another watch sometime.

Oh, and I love Hookfang! I just love the design for the Monstrous Nightmare, and I loved the animation on Hookfang in the two movies. He looks really sweet - you know, as sweet as a Nightmare can look. ^^
Also, isn't Snotlout's dad voiced by David Tennant? In the movie at least. I'm assuming he didn't sign onto the show (but it'd be awesome if he did!) That's like my one piece of HTTYD Trivia, that David Tennant did the voice for one of the background Vikings. XP I think it was Spitlout he voiced... although someone please correct me if I'm mistaken. I really haven't watched the movie in a while.
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby interestingword » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:01 pm

Silverhart wrote:I saw one episode of the series once I think, but it didn't really catch my interest. Maybe I'll give it another watch sometime.

Oh, and I love Hookfang! I just love the design for the Monstrous Nightmare, and I loved the animation on Hookfang in the two movies. He looks really sweet - you know, as sweet as a Nightmare can look. ^^
Also, isn't Snotlout's dad voiced by David Tennant? In the movie at least. I'm assuming he didn't sign onto the show (but it'd be awesome if he did!) That's like my one piece of HTTYD Trivia, that David Tennant did the voice for one of the background Vikings. XP I think it was Spitlout he voiced... although someone please correct me if I'm mistaken. I really haven't watched the movie in a while.

Spitelout. ^^
I was so excited when I saw his name in the credits. *fangirls away*
still here, still here

howdy! my name is Sting
podcast fiend, dungeon master
and wildlife ecology major~
my fave pronouns are he/??

ask me about snakes!

mkairalla1 is my parabatai!
Gwen is my argent buddy!
interestingword

PreviousNext