harry potter!!!!

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

Re: Harry Potter - Welcome to Hogwarts

Postby Patch » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:07 pm

I always get close to tears when I read Lupin's story on Pottermore. He had such a crappy life, even when he was a child. His father really should've kept his mouth shut around Greyback. I'm not saying Greyback should've attacked Remus or anyone else, but his father's prejudice was pretty wrong in my opinion. You don't know what someone goes through then shun them because they're different... Greyback's a real creep, though it may be a result of him being shunned for his condition.

But when Remus left Tonks because she got pregnant, not cool... :/

Anyway, did anyone have a favorite background story from Pottermore?
Wanna keep in touch with me? You can find me writing and derping around on Advanced Scribes:
[ Click here to view profile. ]
(If you like role playing or just writing overall, I recommend checking it out. ♥)
Patch

Postby Polly44 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:23 pm

Patch wrote:
    I always get close to tears when I read Lupin's story on Pottermore. He had such a crappy life, even when he was a child. His father really should've kept his mouth shut around Greyback. I'm not saying Greyback should've attacked Remus or anyone else, but his father's prejudice was pretty wrong in my opinion. You don't know what someone goes through then shun them because they're different... Greyback's a real creep, though it may be a result of him being shunned for his condition.

But when Remus left Tonks because she got pregnant, not cool... :/

Anyway, did anyone have a favorite background story from Pottermore?

Oh that's my favourite backstory on Pottermore and is the only one i have actually favourited of anything if memory serves. I got into Pottermore really early thanks to a friend of mine who was stalking for the early access code things when it first came out. So i've pretty much been there from the begining and i was so excited for Prisoner Of Askaban, because i was practically praying that there would be a awesome backstory for Lupin and i was so excited when there was. I've read most of the extra things, but none were i quite as excited for as Lupin's. I was hoping for one about Tonks too when Order Of The Phoenix came out, but that didn't happen. :(

I was almost crying when i first read it and it still brings tears to my eyes now. Yeah, he did have a really crappy life (apart from a few things which were good- you know like James and Sirius when he was young and Tonks, Teddy and Harry when he was older) Yeah, his dad should never have said anything regarding Greyback. Lupins life would have been so different if he has stayed quiet. I love Werewolves, but Greyback is not very nice (to put it mildly) but yeah it might be just because of how he has been shunned for being a Werewolf. Although i am inclined to hope that he is just that horrible, as i hate him, lol.

Any yup. Totally not cool Lupin. xD But at least he went back to her eventually. I am still peeved over the fact that JK killed them off. Especially as i read something about Lupin being one of her favourites. I know it was a war and people die in war (actually at least she HAD the guts to kill people off~ yes i am looking at you Twilight (and another book i know of where it was a war i think, but nobody actually dies......might be the second Percy Jackson series i am thinking of), as if memory serves nobody actually died in that, though it technically wasn't a war i don't think.) but really, Lupin deserved to live!

And sorry for the really long post...........i got a bit carried away. xD
ImageImageImage

My Chicken Smoothie Account:
Polly44
My UK & International Howrse
Account:

Polly4 (UK) Polly4 (International)

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby Patch » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:33 pm

No, let the ranting/rambling fly. xD

I believe I read somewhere that Rowling originally was going to kill off Hagrid, but she changed it to Lupin... I mean, I'd rather her not kill off either of them, but I really like Hagrid. He's probably my favorite character apart from Snape (that was an ugly back story).

There's a video I liked on Facebook, and it showed all of the Snape scenes from the movies in chronological order. So, if you wanna good cry, click the link here:

{ Le video }

I also read in an interview that Rowling was going to kill off Arthur Weasly in Order of the Phoenix, but changed it so Ron wouldn't change too much. Losing a parent would've hardened him, I think, and Ron's part of the comic relief while issues revolve around Harry. :3
Wanna keep in touch with me? You can find me writing and derping around on Advanced Scribes:
(If you like role playing or just writing overall, I recommend checking it out. ♥)
Patch

Postby Polly44 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:02 pm

Hehe, yay let the ranting/rambling commence. :P

Actually now that you mention it that sounds familliar. I think i read that as well. Same here, keep them both alive. I like Hagrid sure, but i think she should have killed him off instead of Lupin. I just don't like Hagrid enough. xD

Ah poor Severus. Tragic back story or what. Ooooo, thanks. :) (Watched it before i replied, so at it's almost 15 minutes long, that's why i've taken a while to reply.) And damn, it really does make you feel sorry for good ol' Snape. I hated him to begin with. But after the first few books i kinda liked him. (That bit where he whacks Ron with some parchment or something in OOTP~Film. LOL!) But i couldn't decide what side he was on, so i sorta liked him and hated him depending on what side i happened to think he was on at that particular moment in time. But after the last book and especially after the last film i came to the conclusion i quite like him. :)

Yes i think i read that too. Yeah that would really have changed Ron a lot. And he is pretty much just there for Comic Relief. But FRED!!!!!!!!!!! Man that had me in TEARS!!!!! How can you kill off Fred!!!!! Fred and George were awesome.
ImageImageImage

Polly44
Account:

ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby Patch » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:30 pm

*stands firmly in front of Hagrid*
T-T
His love for animals is too much for me. xD

A character I thought I pitied for a while is Draco. I felt pretty bad for the fact Voldemort was forcing him to do dark deeds and his parents were just self-assured pansies who just did whatever they were told. However, on Pottermore, I read a section about the Malfoy family, and apparently it wasn't uncommon for them to be romantically involved with muggles, so the pure-blood thing is a lie for the most part. Tsk!

What's another one? Hmm... Oh! Dumbledore! It was said by Rowling herself that he was gay, having fallen in love with Grindelwald! Ahh, he got major heartbreak over that. So sad... :'(
Why'd Grindelwald have to be so corrupted? They would've just...It would've been cute just...
/retreats into corner of disappointment

And FRED! Ohmigosh, worst part! I cried over everyone from Cedric to Lupin (in the books, because most movies not involving animals don't hit me that hard), but Fred was just... He was so funny and uplifting for everyone. I always think fondly back to the twins trying to send Harry a toilet seat in Sorcerer's Stone or Fred dancing like a nut with Angelina at the Yule Ball in Goblet of Fire... Just drowning in happy memories when someone dies. :'(

Umbridge also had a muggle father. Another liar.

/still looking for rants
Patch

Postby Polly44 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:24 pm

Ah fair enough. ;) He does have an awesome Hippogriff though. ;)

Tut, tut, not a huge surprise though. Yeah Draco and his parents really do my head in, lol. They are just so annoying. I kinda felt a bit sorry for them i guess, but not much, lol.

Oh yeah i knew that. It is quite sad yeah, even though Grindelwald was a bit of a nasty piece of work. xD

Same here- in movies it's just not the same. (But the dog in I Am Legend......damn i was in floods of tears.) I know right, they were so awesome and they made everything so cheerful and funny~ they were just epic. But to kill one of them was so awful and so not cool.

Oh Umbridge. I utterly loathe Umbridge......probably because she made life so difficult for Lupin and she was just so damn evil! The actress who plays her is in "Maleficient" and i could not stop glaring at her the whole way through. xD
ImageImageImage

Polly44
Account:

ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby Sphye » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:24 pm

Polly44 wrote:Oh Umbridge. I utterly loathe Umbridge......probably because she made life so difficult for Lupin and she was just so damn evil! The actress who plays her is in "Maleficient" and i could not stop glaring at her the whole way through. xD

I feel you there. It took me probably all of three seconds to recognize her, and the association with her other character was impossible to unsee.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Patch » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:19 am

Sphye wrote:
Polly44 wrote:Oh Umbridge. I utterly loathe Umbridge......probably because she made life so difficult for Lupin and she was just so damn evil! The actress who plays her is in "Maleficient" and i could not stop glaring at her the whole way through. xD

I feel you there. It took me probably all of three seconds to recognize her, and the association with her other character was impossible to unsee.

I remember that. xD
    Freaky beyond belief, but they kept her in pink.

I remember cringing whenever they showed her office in the movies. (Sorry, I personally am not a domestic cat person, though I admire Rowling's words of "sickening cuteness" to describe those kitty plates... /shudder.)

She made me angrier than even Voldemort a lot of the time with her freaky voice (audio books are the bomb with Jim Dale narrating) and her overall "looking down upon" half-humans and other creatures just made my blood boil so much...which was Rowling's intention I'm sure. xD
Patch

Postby Polly44 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:58 pm

Patch wrote:
Sphye wrote:

I remember that. xD

I remember cringing whenever they showed her office in the movies. (Sorry, I personally am not a domestic cat person, though I admire Rowling's words of "sickening cuteness" to describe those kitty plates... /shudder.)

She made me angrier than even Voldemort a lot of the time with her freaky voice (audio books are the bomb with Jim Dale narrating) and her overall "looking down upon" half-humans and other creatures just made my blood boil so much...which was Rowling's intention I'm sure. xD

~Sphye~ Yup, it was impossible to ignore and i am sure she is in another film too, where i couldn't stop glaring at her too, but i can't remember what it was. xD The poor actress is going to have people glaring at her in whatever film she is in- even if she is playing someone really nice.

~Patch~ I know right. She is scary in pink. Oh gods, same here. Her office was really cringe worthy! Yeah- Voldemort didn't actually make me that angry to be honest. I've never actually listened to the audio version of any books, i am a die hard book fanatic. Yup and Rowling did a fantastic job making everyone loathe her. I was reading a topic on a "Worst Film (Or maybe book, i can't quite recall) Character Ever" and the amount of times Umbridge came up was funny.
ImageImageImage

Polly44
Account:

ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby Vyries » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:06 pm

Polly44 wrote:
Patch wrote:
Sphye wrote:

I remember that. xD

~Sphye~ Yup, it was impossible to ignore and i am sure she is in another film too, where i couldn't stop glaring at her too, but i can't remember what it was. xD The poor actress is going to have people glaring at her in whatever film she is in- even if she is playing someone really nice.

~Patch~ I know right. She is scary in pink. Oh gods, same here. Her office was really cringe worthy! Yeah- Voldemort didn't actually make me that angry to be honest. I've never actually listened to the audio version of any books, i am a die hard book fanatic. Yup and Rowling did a fantastic job making everyone loathe her. I was reading a topic on a "Worst Film (Or maybe book, i can't quite recall) Character Ever" and the amount of times Umbridge came up was funny.

Urgh, Umbridge was horrible :/ I personally don't really mind Voldemort, except for the fact that he was just a classic villian without much characterisation. But people like the Dursleys, Umbridge, Crouch and Peter Pettigrew really disgusts me.
Vyries

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment