Any Zoo Tycoon Fans?

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

Your opinion on the new Xbox 360 Zoo Tycoon?

It's great! Much better than the original!
No votes
It's okay.
100%
It's horrible! Not like Zoo Tycoon at all!
No votes

Total votes : 2

Any Zoo Tycoon Fans?

Postby Fea » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:19 pm

Any Zoo Tycoon Fans?

So has anyone here played Zoo Tycoon before? It can ZT1 or ZT2, it doesn't really matter to me. I still love ZT, and it makes me sad that nobody really talks about. So I've decided to create a place where anyone can talk about ZT!

Radical Remake

For those of you who want a Zoo Tycoon 3, check out Aurora Designs! They are working on a project known as Radical Remake, where all the ZT2 packs are being refurbished. New animals, plants, items and more will be added to the pack! You can already download certain animals and packs from Radical Remake, so if you want you can download certain things from the remake.
Fea

Re: Any Zoo Tycoon Fans?

Postby Silverhart » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:34 pm

I love Zoo Tycoon! I have the original, as well as the two original expansions. I also have ZT2 with all the expansions except for the Dinosaur one. I used to have that one, but I strangely lost it a few years ago. As I still haven't found it I suppose I should just buy a new copy. XP I miss the fun mini games in that one.

I've also heard of Radical Remake, and I have some of their stuff on my old computer. Are they still working on stuff? That's great to hear! Their work is amazing. My old computer was starting to slow down and RR was slowing down my game even more, so I didn't get to truly enjoy it. But it certainly piqued my interest in the games again. I can't wait to get the game reinstalled on my new computer! I love making beautiful zoos, and playing challenges.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Polly44 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:11 pm

Zoo Tycoon is awesome!!!!! I have been a huge fan of it for years and i own every single game. Though i don't play the original anymore, as it's got nothing on Zoo Tycoon 2, which i don't play as much as i used to mind. I don't really know why, though every now and again i do go on it and build an awesome zoo.

The new(ish) one for the Xbox is okay. It certainly has some awesome aspects to it that the PC version never had, but at the same time it does kinda suck. Mostly on the animal aspect, as there are hardly any animals at all really and you can't really build a decent zoo with some lions, tigers and elephants and their various sub-species for example. (I only have the version on the old Xbox 360, so i don't get quite as many animals as is one the new Xbox.) I love the randomly coloured ones that get born every so often though. Getting an Albino cub or a Melanistic one is awesome!

I've also heard of the Radical Remake and i've got all of their downloads. They are all really awesome, though they don't seem to do much anymore. But when i got sorta bored (and dying to get more stuff) with their MODs i downloaded a ton more from various sites and now my game struggles to run when i build a large zoo, which is a bit of a pain. And i kinda fluffed up the Modding too, as now i don't know which ones suck, so i can't find them to remove them. xD But on the upside i have a ton of extra animals/buildings...etc to play with and many of the old animals have been re-skined so they look awesome.

Actually........i kinda want to go on it now. :P
ImageImageImage

My Chicken Smoothie Account:
Polly44
My UK & International Howrse
Account:

Polly4 (UK) Polly4 (International)

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby Fea » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:04 pm

It's great to see other ZT fans! I have the main game, along with the African Adventure and Endangered Species packs! I also have various downloads from certain websites, most from Aurora Designs. Recently I found my games and tried to play them, but they don't work on the computer I currently have.

Does anyone else find it really hard to get the games these days? The last time I saw one in a store was 2010, and they can be pretty pricey on Ebay. So if anyone wants to get the game for free, you can get the main game here. The only requirement for the download is a Windows computer!

Don't look for happiness.
Create it.
Fea

Postby Silverhart » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:19 pm

So I just went and downloaded Radical Remake again, and also Aves, Carnivora, and geez... I don't even know what else. A lot of stuff though, and holy cow it's like a whole new game! XD I love it. Love, love, love, love, love! And my computer seems to be working just fine with them all! Yay! I have like double the amount of animals now, and tons of new items to play with, so I'm super happy about that. Especially love all the aviary stuff, since I love birds. ^^ I can't wait to start crafting some beautiful aviaries for all the birds I got.

I also had a question. I seen to recall there being a downloadable hack or something, that allowed you to move objects up and down? Anyone know what it was called, or where I can find it?
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Silverhart

Postby Polly44 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:43 pm

Silverhart wrote:So I just went and downloaded Radical Remake again, and also Aves, Carnivora, and geez... I don't even know what else. A lot of stuff though, and holy cow it's like a whole new game! XD I love it. Love, love, love, love, love! And my computer seems to be working just fine with them all! Yay! I have like double the amount of animals now, and tons of new items to play with, so I'm super happy about that. Especially love all the aviary stuff, since I love birds. ^^ I can't wait to start crafting some beautiful aviaries for all the birds I got.

I also had a question. I seen to recall there being a downloadable hack or something, that allowed you to move objects up and down? Anyone know what it was called, or where I can find it?

Awesome! I love having new stuff to play with too- though often i just don't know what to pick now. xD The aviary stuff is really awesome. Aviaries just look so realistic and add a whole level of realism to the game for me. :)

Reading your post made me want to go on it, so i did and i created an "Aviary" for the people the other day, with all the food and stuff in there.....not really sure why, but it looks quite cool and it had two extra aviaries on it, which had Bald Eagles and Snowy Owls in. (Though the Snowy Owls all died off the other day, so there are now a few Red Foxes in there.)

Hmmmm, that sounds sorta familiar. Have you found it? Cuz if you haven't i could see if it's on any of the old mod sites i have bookmarked.

Does anyone know how to create a show for the seals? I tried doing one, but i couldn't get it to work. I had a tank for their water (as i don't think having the natural water allows for a tank next to it? and then i had the show tank next to it, but they refused to go into the show tank and do the show. xD

And my brother found a cool Mythical animal mod yesterday. I'll get him to send me a link, so i can post it in here. (Or he can post it, as he is on here too now.)
ImageImageImage

Polly44
Account:

ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby Silverhart » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:25 pm

Haven't found it yet, no. But then, I haven't been actively looking for it. XP It's possible I'm confusing it with some other game, but I seem to recall it being for Zoo Tycoon 2. You made an aviary for the people? XD Wait - did you trap them inside with the amenities, and then have the animals come and watch them? :lol: I think I'm going to try that.

Did you make sure to add a Tank Portal between the two tanks? The seals can't get to it otherwise. Also can I ask which seals you're talking about? Maybe they aren't show animals? The original Zoo Tycoon doesn't have seals, just Walruses and Sea lions. The only other show animal seal I have is a Fur Seal (which actually isn't a true seal). I also have a Harbor Seal, but that's not a show animal.
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Polly44 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:53 pm

Silverhart wrote:Haven't found it yet, no. But then, I haven't been actively looking for it. XP It's possible I'm confusing it with some other game, but I seem to recall it being for Zoo Tycoon 2. You made an aviary for the people? XD Wait - did you trap them inside with the amenities, and then have the animals come and watch them? :lol: I think I'm going to try that.

Did you make sure to add a Tank Portal between the two tanks? The seals can't get to it otherwise. Also can I ask which seals you're talking about? Maybe they aren't show animals? The original Zoo Tycoon doesn't have seals, just Walruses and Sea lions. The only other show animal seal I have is a Fur Seal (which actually isn't a true seal). I also have a Harbor Seal, but that's not a show animal.

Ah fair enough. I'll have a look tomorrow and see if i can find it or one similar. Yeah i did. Kinda like a massive building made from glass. I didn't trap them inside though, it was just a building with all the amenities in for them, to go in and out of before or after walking around the rest of the zoo. Hehe, trapping them inside sounds fun though- i might do that too. :) I've trapped them in an area before and then made them go in a vehicle tour to see the rest of the zoo mind.

I did, yeah. And i deleted it and added another, just in case. Hmmm, i am fairly certain they were Californa Sea Lions, but i cannot quite recall, so i will check. (Sorry, should have said Sea Lions, not Seals. And i think they are a remake of the originals too.) But they definately came under the "Show Animal" filter and i did train one so they definately can do the tricks. xD Just not in the show tank, lol.
ImageImageImage

Polly44
Account:

ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby rose; » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:59 pm

Oh man, I remember these games. I loved playing them. We got rid of our old computer though, a while ago, which they were on, and I haven't played one of them for years!
Is there somewhere online where you can download them or something?
just gifting out my collection. no longer really have time.
rose;

Return to Entertainment