Unwanteds Book Series Chat V.1

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

Unwanteds Book Series Chat V.1

Postby valiant-quest » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:56 am

Hello, fellow Eldemorians!
Here we can discuss about the book series Unwanteds by Lisa McMann.
Or just ship, fangirl/fanboy over fandom crap, mourn over character deaths, and rant about the twins' stupidity.
Face it. They're both idiots, in their own way.
Or whatever, if it's Unwanteds related.
Have fun, and I hope you get Purged! (That sounded rude, but you should know what I mean.)
Rules:
-No bashing over opinions.
-No flame wars.
-Respect people opinions.
-Don't touch Simber's ears.
Mewmewmew.
Note: There may be spoilers. Read at your own risk.
valiant-quest

Re: Unwanteds Book Series Chat V.1

Postby ErulasseAranel » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:59 pm

Aww, only the one post on this thread... anyways, I read the series and liked it enough to name some of my Chicken Smoothie pets after the characters. Excited for the final book!
I'm not really sure who my favorite character is. Probably Lani; I was really mad for a while when the author introduced Sky and Alex instead of Lani and Alex. I mean, I like Sky, but I like Lani better. I got used to it eventually, though. (But seriously: "Alex had always felt more like a friend to Lani" or whatever they said - that was not at all the impression I got from the first book.)
Also, the series is probably the most tragic of all the ones I've read. It's like: bad thing, bad thing, more bad things, terrible thing, oh! A good thing! aaand back to bad. At least it doesn't seem like it will end sadly, though I can see the author doing that after what she's done to her characters so far.
I have quit Eldemore because I'm a Baptist and the lore of it, and the creatures, have to do with magic and I'd like to stay on the safe side. I have loved this community while I've been here!
ErulasseAranel

Postby valiant-quest » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:28 pm

ErulasseAranel wrote: It's like: bad thing, bad thing, more bad things, terrible thing, oh! A good thing! aaand back to bad.

You summed it up very well.
I didn't read Island of Graves yet, but I'm looking forward to it. And the next book.
Is it bad that I like Aaron more than Alex?
Pity train chooo chooo
He's one of those characters who I at first hate their guts, but then I end up just wanting to cuddle them and feed them doughnuts.
But Aaron probably doesn't even know what a doughnut is.
I find it funny that people always think Aaron is Alex. :p
"Hi, Alex!"
"gjxfd,evduencgjdv"
I kind of hope that the bros will get along and be friends again. But knowing Lisa, that probably isn't going to happen. :c
Anyway, I hope that the next two books will be good.
mewmewmew

Edit:
I read Island of Graves. In less than twenty-four hours.
Heck, less than twelve.
I read fast. o.o

"Peel back your husk and admire your deliciousness."
Well then.

It's funny that Gondoleery raises hell and causes so much havoc, and then she's just killed with a scatterclip.
A scatterclip.

And yay! Aaron metamorphosed from a little *hole into a civil human being.
I actually wasn't expecting that.
Now I need Island of Dragons. ;o;
Did you hear there's going to be a second series? :D
Last edited by scmarshtacky on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please remember to edit your previous post rather than double posting. ^^
valiant-quest

Postby ErulasseAranel » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:39 pm

Clembot wrote:
It's funny that Gondoleery causes so much havoc, and then she's just killed with a scatterclip.
A scatterclip.

True.

And yay! Aaron metamorphosed into a civil human being.

Yeah!!! I sort of felt sorry for him during that process (I can't deal with hunger or discomfort very well at all so I feel really bad for any character in such a situation), but he was behaving terribly, as I kept reminding myself.
And yes, second series! It should be good.

Edit:
Heck, less than twelve.
I read fast. o.o

I had a similar experience with Island of Dragons. It was a weekend - I think - and I got up in the night/very early morning, felt awake, decided to read something on my Kindle for a bit to get to sleep, saw that the book had been delivered to me, couldn't wait until morning to start it, and ended up reading the entire thing. Have you read it, by the way?

I read too fast and thus have terrible reading comprehension. But it was really fun ^u^
I have quit Eldemore because I'm a Baptist and the lore of it, and the creatures, have to do with magic and I'd like to stay on the safe side. I have loved this community while I've been here!
ErulasseAranel

Postby valiant-quest » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:12 am

ErulasseAranel wrote:
Clembot wrote:
It's funny that Gondoleery causes so much havoc, and then she's just killed with a scatterclip.
A scatterclip.

True.

And yay! Aaron metamorphosed into a civil human being.

Yeah!!! I sort of felt sorry for him during that process (I can't deal with hunger or discomfort very well at all so I feel really bad for any character in such a situation), but he was behaving terribly, as I kept reminding myself.
And yes, second series! It should be good.

Edit:
Heck, less than twelve.
I read fast. o.o

I had a similar experience with Island of Dragons. It was a weekend - I think - and I got up in the night/very early morning, felt awake, decided to read something on my Kindle for a bit to get to sleep, saw that the book had been delivered to me, couldn't wait until morning to start it, and ended up reading the entire thing. Have you read it, by the way?

I read too fast and thus have terrible reading comprehension. But it was really fun ^u^

I didn't read Island of Dragons yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
And I made a CS dress-up of Alex:
Pet's name: Alex Stowe
It's a work in progress. He needs hair. And a cloak that's actually the right color. xD
He also needs to shave.
valiant-quest

Postby ErulasseAranel » Tue May 03, 2016 1:12 pm

Clembot wrote:I didn't read Island of Dragons yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
And I made a CS dress-up of Alex:
Pet's name: Alex Stowe
It's a work in progress. He needs hair. And a cloak that's actually the right color. xD
He also needs to shave.

Ooo, you need to read it; it's really good.

XD so beautiful :')
In theory, all of my CS pets should be named after characters (sometimes I can't find someone to name after but the pet is really pretty) but I don't dress them up too much because I don't have that many items.
ErulasseAranel

Postby valiant-quest » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:33 pm

Eeee
I read Island of Dragons in less than a day. :0
Thisbe scares me.
I really loved that series, and I'm sad that I have to wait a year for the next one.
Poor Al. His doodle arm is broke.
In the next series, Alex and Aaron are probably like,
in their thirties.
They grow up so fast… ;-;
valiant-quest

Return to Entertainment