Any Percy Jackson Fans Out There?

Form clubs, armies, and have discussions centered around your favorite subjects.

Re: Any Percy Jackson Fans Out There?

Postby Uspar » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:37 pm

XD
I would be the one wanting to keep all the romance in and probably the best scenes that contribute most to the story. Cutting out the minor events that are mainly just getting from point a to b.

Percabeth fluff? Yep keep that in. Mindless travelling? Meh, chuck it. When's the next important part?
Hehe <3
I came back after over a year and there is still 0 commuication. Disgraceful behaviour
Uspar

Postby scmarshtacky » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:56 pm

Yep. XD Although you have to admit that Rick Riordan doesn't waste too much time on meaningless things. He's pretty good at keeping it all moving.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Postby Sky Wing » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:03 pm

yeaaahh CALEO FO EVAH YO and also Percabeth and lots others XD
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

xxE N D U R E

xxxxxxxxxxxąηɗ

S U R V I V E

xxxxNo matter what you

xxxxxxxkeep finding

xxxxxsomething to fight

xxxxxxxxxxxxxfor
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Sky Wing

Postby Silverhart » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:35 pm

Too bad die-hard fans aren't hired as like creative consultants or producers or something. That would be so amazing, and the movie would've been a thousand times better. I think I could do a pretty good job adapting the story - certainly no worse then they did. But Hollywood has their little 'formula' and they have to stick to it, because heaven forbid if they don't and it doesn't do well for an entirely unrelated reason...

I would've insisted on them taking a zebra to Vegas. In fact, I was thinking the other day if the first film wasn't made just so the crew could go to Las Vegas for free to shoot for a few weeks. XD

No romance though. I mean - all the Camp Half-Blood kids are related somehow, aren't they? I'm a bit rusty on my Greek mythology, but all the main gods are the children of Kronos correct? So they'd all be first cousins. Then there's Athena who is Zeus' daughter. And... that's it. That's all I remember. (Ask me anything about Celtic or Norse mythology and I'll most likely know it, but Greek I'm oddly not that good with remembering. Doubly pathetic as I've read 'The Iliad'. -_-)

Anyway, I realize I really have to read the last book because *ahem* I haven't yet. Probably shouldn't be talking about the series without having read that. X3 I feel like I should start them from the beginning before I move onto the last one, but I have so many other books to read first! I really need to make a list of all the books I need to read and put the highest priority ones at the top - right after I finish the three books I'm reading now. XP
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby scmarshtacky » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:45 pm

Silverhart wrote:Too bad die-hard fans aren't hired as like creative consultants or producers or something. That would be so amazing, and the movie would've been a thousand times better. I think I could do a pretty good job adapting the story - certainly no worse then they did. But Hollywood has their little 'formula' and they have to stick to it, because heaven forbid if they don't and it doesn't do well for an entirely unrelated reason...

I would've insisted on them taking a zebra to Vegas. In fact, I was thinking the other day if the first film wasn't made just so the crew could go to Las Vegas for free to shoot for a few weeks. XD

No romance though. I mean - all the Camp Half-Blood kids are related somehow, aren't they? I'm a bit rusty on my Greek mythology, but all the main gods are the children of Kronos correct? So they'd all be first cousins. Then there's Athena who is Zeus' daughter. And... that's it. That's all I remember. (Ask me anything about Celtic or Norse mythology and I'll most likely know it, but Greek I'm oddly not that good with remembering. Doubly pathetic as I've read 'The Iliad'. -_-)

Anyway, I realize I really have to read the last book because *ahem* I haven't yet. Probably shouldn't be talking about the series without having read that. X3 I feel like I should start them from the beginning before I move onto the last one, but I have so many other books to read first! I really need to make a list of all the books I need to read and put the highest priority ones at the top - right after I finish the three books I'm reading now. XP

Not all of them are directly from Kronos. Zeus, Hades, Poseidon, and Hera were. Athena sprang from Zeus's head and Dionysus came out of some other body part I think. Apollo and Artemis came from Zeus as well. Hephaestus was Hera's child and Aphrodite came from the severed flesh of Ouranos I think. Not so sure about the others and I'm too lazy to look them up. XD

I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Postby Uspar » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:32 pm

Well in the books, the former head Councillor before Piper took over told Jason that you were free to go after another demigod as long as they weren't from the same godly parent owo
I came back after over a year and there is still 0 commuication. Disgraceful behaviour
Uspar

Postby Polly44 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:18 am

Oh i love the Percy Jackson books! They are amazing. The first series was a bit better (amusing chapter titles) but i do like the second series too. And i just read the new Percy Jacksons And The Greek Gods a few days ago and it's very good. Especially if you want to brush up on your Greek Mythology. :) Can't wait for Blood Of Olympus though.......it better be good, lol.
ImageImageImage

My Chicken Smoothie Account:
Polly44
My UK & International Howrse
Account:

Polly4 (UK) Polly4 (International)

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby Patch » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:06 pm

*shuffles in awkwardly*

My people! :D

I've read the first series at least a dozen times. The second set I only read twice, since I really didn't get into them until House of Hades.
Wanna keep in touch with me? You can find me writing and derping around on Advanced Scribes:
[ Click here to view profile. ]
(If you like role playing or just writing overall, I recommend checking it out. ♥)
Patch

Postby Uspar » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:08 am

I actually just started the first series again in preparation for Blood of Olympus
Can't even begin to explain just how excited I am for it!
Uspar

Postby Patch » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:55 am

Queen Chrysalis wrote:I actually just started the first series again in preparation for Blood of Olympus
Can't even begin to explain just how excited I am for it!

Me too! Though I probably won't get to touch it until Thanksgiving/Christmas break. If my sister spews spoilers again... xD
Wanna keep in touch with me? You can find me writing and derping around on Advanced Scribes:
[ Click here to view profile. ]
(If you like role playing or just writing overall, I recommend checking it out. ♥)
Patch

PreviousNext

Return to Fans, Clubs, and Armies