♫ Eldemore Disney Fan Club ♪ ♩

Form clubs, armies, and have discussions centered around your favorite subjects.

Re: ♫ Eldemore Disney Fan Club ♪ ♩

Postby phan trash » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:49 pm

Username ;; moral.
      Favorite Movie ;; the lion king, by far!!
      Favorite Color ;; hot pink ^-^
phan trash

Postby Silverhart » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:16 pm

Welcome everyone! ^^

Patch wrote:
Disney Challenge, anyone?

Sure thing! ^^

Mind if I fangirl over The Hunchback of Notre Dame for a bit? It's just so underrated and amazing. The music's great, especially the villain song, which might be my favorite Disney song of all time. Plus, it's got most the stuff I've heard fans asking for a lot, like a main character who is definitely not supposed to be beautiful and the main guy and girl actually do end up as just friends. And so what if it's not at all historically accurate? It's better than Pocahontas.

Oh yes! I have to agree. 'Hunchback of Notre Dame' did take some incredible risks. It's somewhat of a bizarre movie, because on the one hand, you have some very serious, mature themes, and some intense scenes. Like when Quasi gets strapped to the wheel - I always found that sort of scary and confusing as a child. Or the Court of Miracles, or when Frollo kills Quasi's mother, or tries to set an innocent family on fire. And of course, Frollo's generally creepiness over Esmeralda. Urgggh. *shudders* (His song is incredibly epic though - one of my favorite villian songs as well). But then you have all the comedic side characters, like Djali the goat, and Achilles, and those wacky gargoyles with that stupid song... I always hated their song. It is pretty weird, when you step back and look at it. For the most part, I think it strikes a wonderful balance between the heavy dark stuff, and the light comedic stuff. But then that songs comes and just ruins the whole thing for me. XP I just remember liking the gargoyles a whole lot more as a kid for some reason, and now that I'm older I can't seem to stand them.

Still, I would wish Disney took more risks like that, but I don't believe it's ever been a very popular movie compared to the other Disney classics. Despite what everyone says about wanting characters and storylines that are different or more mature, they never seem to perform well. Unfortunately, much as we might want to blame Disney and other major animation studios for the lack of something different, we don't seem to actually like when they give us something different. XP

Changing the subject (because I'm curious XP), has anyone been watching the new Lion King show, 'The Lion Guard'? It's so cute! I mean, it's simple, but it's got nice designs, and great voice acting, and some interesting ideas that I'd like to see explored more, but which probably won't. XP I've found it very enjoyable, and I don't even care that I'm a young adult watching a show for toddlers. XP Most of my complaints boil down to 'that's not how nature works, and lions don't befriend other animals, they eat them, blah-de-blah.' But whatever - 'Lion King' was always set in a world different from the real world, anyway, and it's a little kid's show, teaching about wildlife, and nature, and how awesome it is, and it's not talking down to it's audience so I will easily forgive it, and just enjoy the adorable songs. I do actually really enjoy it, and I'm not even a huge 'Lion King' fan. Kovu, Nuka, and Vitani appear to have voice actors for the series, so I am eagerly awaiting their introduction.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Patch » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:20 pm

moral. wrote:
      Username ;; moral.
      Favorite Movie ;; the lion king, by far!!
      Favorite Color ;; hot pink ^-^

Welcome! (:

~***~

Okay, Disney Challenge underway!

Day 7 ► Your Favorite Sidekick

~~~ **** ~~~

Timon & Pumbaa
from The Lion King / Lion King II / Lion King 1 1/2

Image Image

Sidekicks in my case. (;
These two have been making me laugh since I was a baby. I watched Lion King obsessively every single time I went over my grandma's house, and I never could wait for the part where Timon and Pumbaa come in (though honestly, who doesn't want to get Mufasa's death over with?). Murdered parents aside, I really sat up and started laughing every time they made their entrance charging into that pack of buzzards for the fun of it. They had the funniest lines ever! Just to name a few:

"He looks blue."
"I'd say a brown-ish gold."
"No, no. I mean he's depressed."
"Oh..."

----

"As my buddy Timon, here, says- 'You gotta put your behind in your past'."
"No no no! Amateur. Lie down before you hurt yourself."

----

"What, you want me to dress in drag and do the hula?"

And this song!

My best friends and I sang this in the car one time when it came on my Pandora. I never felt so united in our Disney nerd-ness before. I sang Simba's solo alone and wasn't bad. xD

Anyway, I just love this pair

Fun fact: Nathan Lane (Timon) and Ernie Sabella (Pumbaa) worked so well together, they got to perform/record their lines together- which doesn't happen very much at all. They also played their characters in all three Lion King movies. They're fantastic. ♥
Wanna keep in touch with me? You can find me writing and derping around on Advanced Scribes:
[ Click here to view profile. ]
(If you like role playing or just writing overall, I recommend checking it out. ♥)
Patch

Postby phan trash » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:25 pm

@Patch
      thank you!! c:

Patch wrote:
      Okay, Disney Challenge underway!

would you count simba and nala as sidekicks? <3 i love them so much, and the reunion was adorable.

Zazu: Just look at you two. Little seeds of romance blossoming in the savannah. Your parents will be *thrilled*, what with your being betrothed and all.
      Simba: Be-what?
      Zazu: Betrothed. Intended. Affianced.
      Nala: Meaning...?
      Zazu: One day, you two are going to be married.
      Simba: Yuck.
      Nala: Ewww.
      Simba: I can't marry her. She's my friend.
      Nala: Yeah. It'd be so weird.

oh, how they were wrong - so adorably wrong.
phan trash

Postby Patch » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:53 pm

They're adorable together- I agree! ^-^
I loved when they tortured Zazu and sang and danced just to distract him and get away to invade the Elephant Graveyard. xD

And Simba was always doing his best to protect her when they were cubs. Nala was sassy and her own lioness. Watching them fight when they were adults scared me as a kid. o-o

Wanna keep in touch with me? You can find me writing and derping around on Advanced Scribes:
(If you like role playing or just writing overall, I recommend checking it out. ♥)
Patch

Postby KittyCatKita » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:32 pm

Meeko from Pocahontas

He was just such a loveable, cuddly little guy that wasn't really there per say to help, in fact he got into trouble more often than not, but he was a great comedy relief. I can't say that I really have a favourite sidekick but he would be up there I think lol Flit makes part of the duo even better, but just man, that racoon, I just wanted to squish him.
KittyCatKita wrote:I don't have a lot of time for this site anymore due to real life,
but feel free to send trades. It may just take me a
while to get back to you (months realistically so
please be patient). I recently disbanded my
complete collection, so there's lots for trade!
Anything in my locked groups are being kept
since they are my favourites <3
~Kita

~ Eldemore Artist Dec 2013 to Nov 2017 ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
KittyCatKita

Postby Silverhart » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:44 am

Maximus from Tangled!

I really had to think about this one for a bit... (for anyone curious, Koda from 'Brother Bear' was my second choice, but while he is technically a sidekick, he's almost a protagonist in and of himself), but I kept coming back to Maximus. I think a great sidekick is one that provides a good contrast to the hero, or heroes, and also plays an active role the plot without taking away too much from the characters. Max is definitively that! Not only is he a wonderful contrast to Flynn in every way - and their interactions are some of the funniest in the whole film - but he plays a very large and active role in the plot itself, working to advance it either by thwarting or helping our heroes. I love his personality - a stalwart defender of the law, but as we learn later one with a soft spot, and a weakness for treats. He's able to be noble and comedic at the same time. And his animation is fantastic. Every movement is bursting with energy and personality! He walks into a scene and you just know it's going to be great! Pascal, while adorable, just doesn't have the same presence - he's really never active in the plot, and Maximus being there just makes it even more obvious.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Patch » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:17 pm

I don't think I've watched Pocahontas all the way through before...maybe it's just been a while, though I entirely agree with its messages. Anyway, cute little raccoon baby. ♥
    I do remember him being a trouble-maker and messing with Percy, the pug. xD

---

Maximus! Baby! My love for horse puppies it endless! *.*

He's sassy, too, so he's just fantastic. xD
Patch

Postby phan trash » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:17 am

Patch wrote:
They're adorable together- I agree! ^-^
I loved when they tortured Zazu and sang and danced just to distract him and get away to invade the Elephant Graveyard. xD

And Simba was always doing his best to protect her when they were cubs. Nala was sassy and her own lioness. Watching them fight when they were adults scared me as a kid. o-o

Zazu is amazing xD i remember playing the lion king with my friends in primary, and whoever played as zazu was "so lucky" xD

i loved it when they fought as adults, and honestly, i still do. that was my favourite reunion in all disney movies, i think. the slow realisation... *shivers* ah, i need to watch it again now!!
      was previously moral. ^-^
phan trash

Postby Patch » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:30 pm

Day 8 ► Favorite Villain

I'll get to mine later. ^^;
Patch

PreviousNext

Return to Fans, Clubs, and Armies