♫ Eldemore Disney Fan Club ♪ ♩

Form clubs, armies, and have discussions centered around your favorite subjects.

Re: ♫ Eldemore Disney Fan Club ♪ ♩

Postby remnants » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:56 pm

Username ;; Kaden
Favorite Movie ;; Zootopia, Bolt, The Lion King, Lilo and Stitch, the Hunchback of Notre Dame
Favorite Color ;; Lime green
remnants

Postby Firedance101 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:25 pm

So
I read today on msn entertainment that we may be getting a live action lion king movie. The same guy that directed the live action jungle book is overseeing it.

Thoughts?
I am kind of excited. I like seeing new takes on things. I really enjoyed the jungle book.
Firedance101

Postby Sphye » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:47 pm

Firedance101 wrote:So
I read today on msn entertainment that we may be getting a live action lion king movie. The same guy that directed the live action jungle book is overseeing it.

Thoughts?
I am kind of excited. I like seeing new takes on things. I really enjoyed the jungle book.

"Live action Lion King" had me a bit concerned, but if it would be the same director as The Jungle Book, I could see that turning out very well. I would hope that that would mean a similar feel of the animation to the animated parts of the film! The Jungle Book was just. so good.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Firedance101 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:42 pm

I agree Sphye, when I first saw the headline I was like ohhh gawddddd don't kill my childhood :( as a lot of "live actions" have been steaming piles of dissapointment for me. Jungle book was a beautiful movie to look at and I liked what they did with it, so once I found out it was the same guy, bam, instant wave of relief. I must say I am super intrested to see a "live" scar as his design in the animated one is just so unque to him. I will be so sad if it is litterally just a lion with a scar, and not the angular sinister design I have grown attached to.
Firedance101

Postby Silverhart » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:55 pm

Sphye wrote:

Thoughts?

"Live action Lion King" had me a bit concerned, but if it would be the same director as The Jungle Book, I could see that turning out very well. I would hope that that would mean a similar feel of the animation to the animated parts of the film! The Jungle Book was just. so good.

Live action as in... with live people? Like the play? With people in costumes? That would be super interesting! I'd be into that.

Unless they mean like the 'Jungle Book', in which case I would be the first to point out that it would not be 'live action' by any definition. Even the recent 'Jungle Book' is more animation then live action. And if that's the case I would ask - why..? Part of what made 'Lion King' so great was the expressions and acting of the characters. If they were made hyper realistic they would lose every ounce of that charm. I don't know about you guys, but I can't see Bagheera or Aslan breaking into a rendition of 'Hakuna Matata' and swinging from a vine into a jungle pool. I'm not saying realistic animation can't have animals that express emotions, but it will never hold a candle to the emotions on display in the original. The modern 'Jungle Book' worked because it focused on a more action based plot, compared with the original Disney film, which focused on character. The modern Baloo, Bagheera, King Louie, and Mowgli are devices in a story, but as standalone characters they aren't charming, and they could never hold the story together on their own. Whereas in Disney's original version the characters could all have whole scenes of pure character development that did nothing to advance the actual plot - but even during these many 'breathing moments' you were always spellbound because the characters and animation were so strong.

I don't see how they can pull off such an emotional and charming film as 'Lion King' in a better way (or even come close) without that subtlety that comes from caricature. They would need to focus the attention on other things like the plot. But the plot of 'Lion King' is mostly character driven. So... then what?

But if by live action, they mean actual live action with people acting it out - then that would be amazing! I would fully support that. A human face is far more expressive then a CGI lion's. Not to mention I could totally see the songs being used. I just can't see anyone taking a hyper-real lion singing 'Be Prepared' seriously.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Firedance101 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:45 am

Silverhart wrote:
Sphye wrote:

Thoughts?

Live action as in... with live people? Like the play? With people in costumes? That would be super interesting! I'd be into that.

Unless they mean like the 'Jungle Book', in which case I would be the first to point out that it would not be 'live action' by any definition. Even the recent 'Jungle Book' is more animation then live action. And if that's the case I would ask - why..? Part of what made 'Lion King' so great was the expressions and acting of the characters. If they were made hyper realistic they would lose every ounce of that charm. I don't know about you guys, but I can't see Bagheera or Aslan breaking into a rendition of 'Hakuna Matata' and swinging from a vine into a jungle pool. I'm not saying realistic animation can't have animals that express emotions, but it will never hold a candle to the emotions on display in the original. The modern 'Jungle Book' worked because it focused on a more action based plot, compared with the original Disney film, which focused on character. The modern Baloo, Bagheera, King Louie, and Mowgli are devices in a story, but as standalone characters they aren't charming, and they could never hold the story together on their own. Whereas in Disney's original version the characters could all have whole scenes of pure character development that did nothing to advance the actual plot - but even during these many 'breathing moments' you were always spellbound because the characters and animation were so strong.

I don't see how they can pull off such an emotional and charming film as 'Lion King' in a better way (or even come close) without that subtlety that comes from caricature. They would need to focus the attention on other things like the plot. But the plot of 'Lion King' is mostly character driven. So... then what?

But if by live action, they mean actual live action with people acting it out - then that would be amazing! I would fully support that. A human face is far more expressive then a CGI lion's. Not to mention I could totally see the songs being used. I just can't see anyone taking a hyper-real lion singing 'Be Prepared' seriously.

Silverhart

I think they mean the cgi animation. They did use the term "live action" in the article that I read,and honestly that isn't the term I would have used either. There were no people in the lion king so it wouldent even be a mix of live and cgi (I don't think) so I am a bit confused as well, as to why it was described as such. The details are still pretty sketchy. I actually really hope by live action that they don't use real lions, as that would take any bit of charatrization out of it that made the lion king charming. While it isn't the same as pen to paper atleast CGI is more expressive than the real animals but by no means a replacement for what was there before.In short, I agree with you on the characters and the dissapointment in possibly losing what made them awesome. I can't think about two realistic lion cubs singing I just can't wait to be king and jumping on prey animals heads to do it lol! I would laugh, no way I could take that remotly seriously either.
I am excited as far as wondering what they will do with this;but, like you I have many of the same concerns.
Firedance101

Previous

Return to Fans, Clubs, and Armies