Doctor Who Fanclub

Form clubs, armies, and have discussions centered around your favorite subjects.

Re: Doctor Who Fanclub

Postby Polly44 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:02 am

Username: Polly44
I have seen up to: The new one on last saturday. Capaldi's first full episode.
My Favorite Doctor is: Matt Smith, though David Tennant is a very close second. (I'm too young to know the old ones before the reboot.)
My favorite companion is: Rose Tyler
My favorite monster/villan is: I like the Daleks, but they are not my favourite. Hmmmm, i've never really thought about this actually. Will think about it and change this when i have one.
My favourite quote is: Not sure on that one either. Will have a look later when i go on my laptop.
Code: proudtovotesaxon

Also i think Capaldi is a very good actor, but i am undecided on if i like him as the Doctor yet. I'll give him a few more episodes before i decide.
ImageImageImage

My Chicken Smoothie Account:
Polly44
My UK & International Howrse
Account:

Polly4 (UK) Polly4 (International)

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby KisaWolfz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:05 pm

Muahahaha, I got another one of my mates to start watching Doctor Who.
Hopefully he will like it.
Ive seen people quit Doctor Who after the first season...
Im just like,
"No! Its just getting good!!"

I only have a handful of Doctor Who friends.
KisaWolfz

Postby FrighteningAsuna » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:06 pm

KisaWolfz wrote:
Muahahaha, I got another one of my mates to start watching Doctor Who.
Hopefully he will like it.
Ive seen people quit Doctor Who after the first season...
Im just like,
"No! Its just getting good!!"

I only have a handful of Doctor Who friends.

Ya, no one really appreciates eccleston until after david... though I did, eccleston was great in his own way.
If a king doesn't move, how can his subordinates be expected to follow.

FrighteningAsuna

Postby revenant » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:06 am

Hello everyone! I was just wondering, what is everyone's opinion on what it would be like to have a female Doctor? I know there's a lot of differing opinions on this, and I think it would make an interesting discussion topic to get this thread a little more active ^-^ please, try to keep this friendly! It's just opinions, not an argument.
╔═══════════════════╗
reyes
male, bi
trying for a complete collection
(11 pages left)
trade me wishlist stuff!!
also offering CS pets for eld
╚═══════════════════╝

revenant

Postby Sphye » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:03 pm

Sound~of~Drums wrote:
Hello everyone! I was just wondering, what is everyone's opinion on what it would be like to have a female Doctor? I know there's a lot of differing opinions on this, and I think it would make an interesting discussion topic to get this thread a little more active ^-^ please, try to keep this friendly! It's just opinions, not an argument.

I think that that would be great! Or perhaps a Doctor of a different race?
It seems a little odd that an alien that changes bodies each time they regenerate, and cannot control this or can only minimally influence this, has always managed to be a white male. You'd think that the odds of that happening would be incredibly slim, right? Even River Song, whom we've only seen in three different bodies, was black once. Why not the Doctor?
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Silverhart » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:14 pm

Sound~of~Drums wrote:

If it was still the Doctor - like if they didn't make it weird (I'm not sure what I mean by that, but I guess if the character was made stereotypical or characters kept pointing it out or treating the character differently), then I think I would be alright with it. It might take some getting used to.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the show and the writers being awesome I'd be so against it. XP But every time a new Doctor has come around, I've been like 'you will never be like the old Doctor, new Doctor! You can never take my heart!' And then three new episodes later, I'm like 'I love you new Doctor! Don't ever leave us!' XD

I have a feeling that I'd be exactly the same way if we got a female Doctor. I'd be all, "No! This will ruin everything! Don't do this to me! The writers will never be able to pull it off!' and then they will, and I'll be saying: "Yes! Female Doctor is the best! Let's never go back!" XP

I think, if they're planning it, they should definitely ease viewers into the idea first. Like have the Doctor get stuck in a female body for an episode, or have another Timelord/Timelady (is it Timelady? I... really don't now XP) regenerate into a new gender or something. Just so everyone can get used to the idea, because people do not like change. XP And then as long as they didn't write the Doctor as a woman, but wrote them as the Doctor, I think I'd be fine with it.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby revenant » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:38 pm

I personally think Gina Torres would make a great female Doctor:
╔═══════════════════╗
reyes
male, bi
trying for a complete collection
(11 pages left)
trade me wishlist stuff!!
also offering CS pets for eld
╚═══════════════════╝

revenant

Postby FrighteningAsuna » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:41 pm

Sound~of~Drums wrote:
I personally think Gina Torres would make a great female Doctor:

Lol I think summer glau would fit it better.
If a king doesn't move, how can his subordinates be expected to follow.

FrighteningAsuna

Postby kyojuro rengoku » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:24 am

Sound~of~Drums wrote:

It would be quite nice, but at the same time, awkward xD it would be funny watching the Doctor flip out because he's regenerated into a female

My dad calls me the Doctor. I just look at him strangely. I call my dad the Great Intelligence.

He also won't let me get a kitten that looks like that kitten that David picked up in Gridlock

I also got TARDIS blue braces xD
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxImage
xxxmy name is rat || she/they || nb lesbian
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxtwitter||cosplay ig||ao3
kyojuro rengoku

Postby KisaWolfz » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:11 pm

I want a puppy... a boy puppy...
I either want to name him Stormageddon, Storm for short... or Trenzalore, Tren for short.

Im leaning more towards Trenzalore though.
KisaWolfz

PreviousNext

Return to Fans, Clubs, and Armies