All Eldemore Musicians and Singers welcome here!

Form clubs, armies, and have discussions centered around your favorite subjects.

All Eldemore Musicians and Singers welcome here!

Postby Magnus » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:15 am

Calling all Musicians and Singers!

Why hello there. It seems you've found your way here. Is it because you play an instrument? Maybe you sing? or quite possibly you have an interest in music?

Well, look no further as the Eldemore Music Group is here. This is a place where you can discuss anything, from tips, tricks, stories, and ideas, to anything you wish. All you have to do is fill this out so other users can get to know you a little more, and you can join!

Code: Select all
[b][center]Username:[/center][/b]
[center]{username here}[/center]
[b][center]Instrument(s) you play or section(s) in choir (Or put what you'd like to be):[/center][/b]
[center]{enter instrument/singer/other here}[/center]
[b][center](Optional) What you see yourself doing in the future musical wise:[/center][/b]
[center]{future here}[/center]
[b][center](Optional) How long have you played/sang?:[/center][/b]
[center]{How long here}[/center]
[b][center](Optional)Anything else you want to say?:[/center][/b]
[center]{Everything else please put here}[/center]

Rules

1. Forum rules all apply here.
2. Don't heavily criticize someone's instrument(s), cover(s), work(s), dream(s), or anything they play/sing. (The only exception of this is if a user asks for a critique from other users. Even then, try to keep it uplifting)
3. Be respectful of everyone here. We are one big musical family!
4. Try to stay on topic, anything that has to do with music is good.

Members:

Duskfeather

(violin, recorder & piano)

kewlgurl

(piano, snare drum, bass drum, suspended cymbals, flute, recorder, trumpet & bells)

Sphye

(Violin)

Orion

(electric guitar, acoustic guitar, piano, singing, & bass)

SkieNight

(violin, singing, & piano)

Dauntless

(singing, guitar, & flute)

the.Marshmallow.Owl

(Guitar, and some singing)

Sarcophilus Harrisii

(Piano, Violin & French Horn)

Fluttershy

(trumpet, occasional percussion, singing)

If you don't see your name on this list let me know and I will add you. ^-^
Last edited by Magnus on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:53 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Magnus

Re: All Eldemore Musicians and Singers welcome here!

Postby Magnus » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:22 am

I'll go ahead and start ^-^
Username:

Jolteon

Instrument(s) you play or section(s) in choir (Or put what you'd like to be):

I play the Cello, Piano, and a teensy bit of Trumpet. I am also an Alto in choir.

(Optional) What you see yourself doing in the future musical wise:

I want and dream of becoming a better cellist, and play in a famous orchestra. Though, I wouldn't mind soloing with the cello either.

(Optional) How long have you played/sang?:

Played the Cello for about 5 1/2 years. The piano for about 7 years, and the trumpet 1 year in my 8th grade year

Anything else you want to say?

I'll add something here when something comes up <3
Last edited by Magnus on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Magnus

Postby Duskfeather » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:08 pm

Username:

Duskfeather

I play the violin, recorder and piano. I wish to be able to play lots more like the cello, the flute, the oboe, guitar... etc. xD (Unfortunately, we just have enough money to pay for my violin lessons)

Um... dreams: becoming a world famous violinist who travels everywhere to play with famous orchestras and teach masterclasses for the best.
Reality: probably I'll sit in a small orchestra or play in some tiny unknown quartet... Or I'll end up becoming some mad composer.

I've had piano lessons for 1 year and a half, (self-teaching myself now), the recorder I picked up because I was bored. I ended up getting pretty good at it, and the violin I've played for 7 years and a half.

Anything else you want to say?

--> I am proud of myself xD Last year (as in May 2012) I managed to get into the talent line at my music school. This means I still pay the same amount as I did before to get one 25 minute long lesson a week... but now I receive 50 minutes a week with a very professional violin teacher, one hours music theory, something called SSB (sang, spil og dans, in Danish. All in all just song, play and dance), where we learn quite a lot about rhythms and such. And we get one hour with a teacher who'll place us in groups and give us some notes so we can practice playing with others. Unfortunately we're so few, so we only have a cello, clarinet, piano and me... -.-
Now my parents don't have to say that their money went to nothing! =D
Therefore, if anyone wants to ask any questions, I would love to help answer them (as long as it's violin stuff, I suck at other instruments) and as long as I have the knowledge... xD
Duskfeather

Postby Magnus » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:53 pm

Accepted! I'll add you :D!

Also, is the violin difficult to learn? I've been thinking of playing it sometime for fun, but it seems a lot different in how you hold it. Do you think it'd be similar to a cello?
Magnus

Postby Duskfeather » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:36 am

[center]I've tried cellos, and since you play cello, learning the basic things with holding the instrument and such, shouldn't be too hard. Maybe you'll have to fight a bit with the bow (I tried holding my violin bow like a cello bow once, and I just couldn't xD)
Obviously, the main difference is where you have the instrument. While the cello gets to stay on the ground, the violin is held under your chin. You might have some difficulty remembering where the fingers should be, since you play a bowed instrument with larger intervals between the notes. That's the only downside, but if your a fast learner, and one who doesn't mix up the two fingerings, then it shouldn't be too hard.
Pretty sure learning violin shouldn't be too hard for someone who already play a string instrument. c:
Duskfeather

Postby Castiel » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:02 pm

Username:

{kewlgurl

{piano, snare drum, bass drum, suspended cymbals, flute and recorder are instruments I can play well.Though I can also play the Trumpet and the Bells. }

{...Nothing}

{Umm...Piano is at around 5 years, flute around 3, all the percussion above is 2 and Trumpet and Bells I started a couple years ago and dropped. -.-}

(Optional)Anything else you want to say?:

{Nope}
[list=][/list]
Castiel

Postby Magnus » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:34 pm

Accepted! Welcome!
Magnus

Postby Castiel » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:35 pm

^^
Hai.
Castiel

Postby Magnus » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:41 pm

Why hello there I'm glad you joined :D (That is also a quite impressive list of instruments. Very cool!)
Magnus

Postby Castiel » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:50 pm

I played piano for University credit, and continued because I'd already gotten so far. >.< I played the trumpet for fun, flute for school, and percussion for band.... Thanks though. ^^ I wish I had more interest in music. ;p
-kewl
Castiel

Next

Return to Fans, Clubs, and Armies