DimensionTraveller - Game

Here you can discuss other virtual pet sites.

DimensionTraveller - Game

Postby Chouhesi » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:35 pm

My boyfriend and I are working on developing a game for quite a while now and as it slowly gains actual gameplay (instead of moving around black dots) I somehow had to spread my own hype.
So welcome to the information/later beta tester search/ whatever topic about the game!

Of course this topic will grow in size in the same way as the amount of code lines increases xD

The game will be available for beta test on a website as soon as we manage to get the website up and running and the game has enough gameplay that there is actually something to test.
(The reason why this is located in other websites xD)

http://www.randomgamedevelopment.com

Update box!
The website is up! And much more updates because I haven't updated this in a while

In the following sections I'll show you the pogress of the game and tell you what we are aiming for in the future:

-Table of Content-
      Genre
      Gameplay
      Story
      The world
      Graphics
      Sounds
      Current Features / Website Status
      To-Do
      Last Words
Chouhesi

Genre

Postby Chouhesi » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:35 pm

Genre

We call it a fantasy, adventure, roguelike-like game.
While we focus on some features of the roguelike genre in our gameplay (but not all therefore the specified term 'rougelike-like' sometimes also called 'rogue-lite'), the Fantasy/Adventure part especially takes part in our story and setting.

The main influence of the Rougelike genre in our game is permadeath and random generated, tile-based 'Dungeon' Levels.
If you have litterarely no clue what I'm talking about this Wikipedia article might help c:
Chouhesi

Gameplay

Postby Chouhesi » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:36 pm

Gameplay

You are looking down onto the world via a top-down-perspective. The camera always centers the player.

Your attacks only consist out of skillshots (nothing like auto-aim here!) and every single enemy attack is dodgeable.

Of course there is more to come here but coding epic special attacks, different classes like Hunter, Warrior, Mage etc, implement item drops and weapons that give your attacks special effects and so on really takes it time and we have to focus on the basics of the game at the moment.
Chouhesi

Story

Story

-still in developement- We have some ideas worked out and trust me it is going to be awesome xD
Chouhesi

The world

The world

The world will consist out of different, random generated 'isles' for the player to explore. There will be different kind of 'isles' depending on what kind of biom is asigned to them (also randomly xD) before the generation. So on one try you might find yourself in a desert and in the next you will be caught inside a deep forest.

Each of these bioms will have asigned unique textures, objects and of course enemies ('isle'/biom boss included!)
Chouhesi

Graphics

Postby Chouhesi » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:37 pm

Graphics

All grapics are made by me and ... well I'm more a programer person. Thought I'm still working on everything so it won't look as bad as it looks right now xD

Current examples:
Chouhesi

Sounds

Sounds

Sounds will be added into the game if we manage to produce them properly and get the coding done.

So sometime in the future. Sometime xD

But of course you will be able to hear examples as soon as we get some done!
Chouhesi

Current Features

Current Features

The random world generation is up but needs to be reworked as there are still bugs. Currently only running with one biome but coding more only needs graphics and maybe a day per biome as soon as the generation is fixed.

Hitboxes are working and as of our current knowledge completely bug-free.
(This part consumed most of the time spent on this project as it consists 99% out of math and it is incredibly easy to create bugs and incredibly hard to find the reason for bugs and fix them.)

We are shooting fireballs \o/
Projectiles are added into the game and we are currently testing for bugs while we are correcting hitboxes and some other stuff.
Chouhesi

To-Do

Postby Chouhesi » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:38 pm

To-Do

! Insert Monsters/Enemies !

*huge List to be added here soon*
Chouhesi

Last Words

Postby Chouhesi » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:38 pm

Last Words

My compliment if you read through that whole text wall xD

The name 'DimensionTraveller' is only a WIP name we aren't satisfied with but at the same time we are horrible in coming up with names so feel free to suggest something! c: Thought it would maybe be better if you wait until I fleshed out the story xD

Beside that feel free to leave your thoughts/comments/suggestions whatever. We would love to hear some other peoples opinions althought we are in an early state of the developing.

Thanks for reading~ c: And feel free to post now.
Chouhesi

Next

Return to Other Websites