Euraia Orb Dragons || Venture inside the Forgotten Forest!

You may post adoptable art in here.

Euraia Orb Dragons || Venture inside the Forgotten Forest!

Postby Aralas » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:17 am

░ ♦ ▒ ♦ ▓ | | Archives[/color] | | Trading Market | | Species | | Chatzy | | Rules | | ▓ ♦ ▒ ♦ ░

Legend tells of ancient dragon riders who would be up in the sky from dawn till dusk, soaring through the wispy clouds with nothing but their flying companion. Stopping only for occasional breaks, these legendary riders seemed to care only about flying high into the heavens and reaching faster speeds. With the wind on their face, they would close their eyes, settling into a state of contentment and happiness, which was to them, the only way they wanted to spend their lives. During these such dreams, both their mind and their dragon's mind seemed to connect and they united to be one...
Last edited by Aralas on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
Aralas

Re: Euraia Orb Dragons || No posting WIP

Postby Aralas » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:21 am

Euraia Orb Guardians, also known as orb dragons, are a peculiar specie of dragon. In their lifetime, each one spawns a brilliant orb containing a mysterious element which excels a particular skill. Their life centers around their orb and without it, they would perish. These orbs have the power to destroy anything, no matter how big or how strong, however for the good of their masters, they choose to only use these powers for good. Stranger still, the dragons seem to gain strength from their orbs because to them, spawning an orb is a great accomplishment and it gives them a great sense of pride. They are so proud about their orbs that they won't let anyone, not even their own masters touch them unless a high level of trust has been made between the two. There is not a better feeling in the world for the master who trains their dragon to trust them like this. Unfortunately, these dragons will only seek a master at the end of their lives because the beginning is used to explore the surrounding world. When they are ready to settle down and aren't so independent, they will fly to wherever they sense their destined master, whether he or she wants a dragon or not. Usually once this occurs, a strange connection begins between the two and they instinctively want to fly together.

Some interesting details about the dragon other than the orb include their little feather on the end of their tail. The feather is made out of small little scales and as petite as it looks, can be rather sharp and scratch through human skin which in any case is not very enjoyable. Dragon riders always use caution when climbing on their companion's back as to not touch the dreaded feather. Putting the dangers aside, this feather contains some mysteries of its own; the strangest being it glowing under twilight. The only humans who understand the cause of this are the ones who have connected with their dragon and have obtained the ability to touch and receive understanding from their dragon's orb.
Last edited by Aralas on Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aralas

I. Art theft is not tolerated.
I've worked hard on this thread and on this specie. Theft of any of my art will be dealt with strict consequences. This also applies to the concepts of this adoptable. Ideas are original so please refrain from copying.

II. Please do not take your dragon offsite.
This specie is meant for Eldemore alone, so please be respectful and act accordingly.

III. Be respectful of others.
If someone else is applying for the same dragon as you, please be respectful.

IV. Do not abuse other's art
You must have the dragon's owner's EXPRESS permission before using their dragon.

V. Please do not ask to be apart of staff.
When I'm looking for staff I will definitely post in the thread. Until then, please do not ask to be apart of the staff.

Thank you for taking time to read the rules! :)
Last edited by Aralas on Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aralas

Welcome to the adoption cave. Dragons of all sizes are milling about, doing this and that. If you're looking to adopt one for yourself, please fill out the form! Dragons will choose who they want to be their new owner so it may be your lucky day.

Name: Unnamed
      Identity Code: 002

Skill Set:
      Agility: 7
      Speed: 10
      Defense: 5
      Magic: 2
    What a lovely dragon! Her orb glows with a steady warmth and emanates a soft light.

Time left: 2 days

Code: Select all
Username:
Name for this dragon:
Characteristics of the dragon listed here:
Last edited by Aralas on Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:01 am, edited 5 times in total.
Aralas

Postby Aralas » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:22 am

This forest isn't really forgotten, in fact, it's one of the biggest tourist destinations in this side of the world. The legend behind this forest is said to have happened centuries earlier. In this legend, allegedly two colonies were regularly trading different resources between each other and the forest was a popular route between the two destinations as it provided a quick and relatively easy road. Unfortunately, a third colony located to the north of the forest were comprised of evil thieves who loved to intercept the travelers and loot their resources. They were a fast growing colony and the smaller colonies were no match to them, so it was a huge risk each time they traveled through the forest. Ultimately, the name "Forgotten" comes from the many who disappeared after venturing into the forest. They were forgotten after they were murdered and looted and their bones lay deep underground, forever encased in the earth.

The reason why this forest is so popular is because the thieves often didn't have enough space for all the resources they looted, so they had to leave some behind in clever hiding places. They were extremely greedy, so they often went after the traders since they had more loot than the leftovers of a previous raid. Because of this, it is estimated that millions of gold pieces lay scattered around and thousands and thousands of bottles of different potions and elixirs can be located in mysterious hiding spots. Excited tourists are forever trying to find more resources to get rich off of however the forest guardians do not allow visitors just whenever. The announcment of the Forest Opening is a very special occasion and only the fastest are able to enter.

- When the announcement is posted in the thread, the fastest three people will be allowed to enter. They may come back empty handed or they may receive awesome prizes.

- After entering the forest, whether you find something or not, you are not allowed back in for a week.

Such lovely prizes indeed! Listed in order from best to least, you have an opportunity at each of these.

Image Image Image
500-700 Coins, Diamond Elixir, Diamond Potion x2

Image Image Image Image
100-300 Coins, Diamond Potion, Fire Potion, Moondust Potion

ImageImage
10-30 Coins, Elixir x1-3,

[b][u][color=#BF8000]Is the forest actually open for once?[/color][/u][/b]
[b]Full Username:[/b]

[size=80][i]Should I look under that rock, in the stream, or inside that cave?[/size][/i]
Last edited by Aralas on Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aralas

Welcome to the coin treasury. If trading is not going well for you, and it seems like you can't seem to find anything great in the forest, you are allowed to purchase coins with Eldemore creatures or baubles. You are not required to buy anything here, which is why you are able to visit the forest. Coins bought here can be used in our store to buy extra boosters for your dragons.

*Please note, offers can change without notice.

1 Bauble = 2 Coins
OR use more baubles and get more coins with these offers:

30 Baubles = 70 Coins
50 Baubles = 130 Coins
100 Baubles = 300 Coins
200 Baubles = 750 Coins

Last edited by Aralas on Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aralas

Welcome to the Euraia Orb Store! Nestled in between a sparkling river and the Euraia mountain, this store holds quite the enchantment. They carry all potions and elixirs known in this region. Restocking occurs every 20 days so make sure you travel back over these parts to grab what you need in that time.
Well, feel free to look around!

|| F i r e - P o t i o n ||
This potion is supposedly extracted from the earth's mantle which might explain the reason why it never stops burning and is too hot to touch. No matter how hot the potion, your dragon will guzzle it down and be strengthened for his next battle.

Abilities:
Adds (5) bonus skills to any skill set of your choice
(Only compatible for one battle)

*If used, potion will wear off in three days.

Price:
50 Coins
Stock:

|| M o o n d u s t - P o t i o n ||
The origin on this potion is unknown, but greatly speculated. The creators swear on their very lives that this potion has actual moon dust mixed inside which creates a powerful spell, however buyers are not so sure. Nonetheless, people who purchase this potion have claimed it does help their dragons in battle, so it must be good for something?

Abilities:
Adds (2) bonus skills to stealth, speed, and defense.

*If used, potion will wear off in three days.

Price:
60 Coins
Stock:

|| D i a m o n d - P o t i o n ||
This rare potion is made from a special instrument which only accepts 54 karat diamonds which are grounded into a powder The diamonds don't help the dragon, but they give a huge bonus to the owner if he wins a battle. However even with the special bonus, this might be the most wasteful invention ever created.

Abilities:
Doubles a battle winner's prize

*If used, potion will wear off immediately after the battle. Regardless if you are the winner or not.

Price:
250 Coins
Stock:

|| D i a m o n d - E l i x i r ||
The legendary item, the diamond elixir! A very rare item indeed. This item can only be obtained from mixing regular elixir and a diamond potion.

Abilities:
Adds 125% to all skill sets for 3 battles.

*If used, potion will last for the extent of three battles. You can not choose when this will go into effect except when you use it before your first battle.

Price:
Cannot be purchased

|| E l i x i r ||
Left in the deep underworld for centuries, this "liquid" has fermented into a lovely elixir. The smell is pungent but it's very popular with the dragons.

Abilities:
Mix with the diamond potion to create the valued, "Diamond Elixir".
Can be used on a dragon to add (1) extra skill to any skill set of your choice.

*If mixed, this item along with the diamond potion will be removed from your inventory and a Diamond Elixir will take their place.

Price:
15 Coins
Stock:

Want to buy something? All you have to do is fill out this small form and your items will be delivered to your doorstep-er I mean wherever you might be on your travels. Heh heh.

Purchasing Form
[center][list][list][img]http://txt-dynamic.static.1001fonts.net/txt/dHRmLjYwLjAwMDAwMC5VSFZ5WTJoaGMybHVaeUJHYjNKdC4w/montez.regular.png[/img][/list][/list]
[list][b]Username;[/b]
[b]Item/s Desired;[/b]
[b]Amount of Coins;[/b]
[b]Anything Else?[/b][/list]
Last edited by Aralas on Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aralas

You've been traveling, on foot, along a dusty road jam-packed with noisy travelers for the past several hours, but when you arrived at your destination, you saw the most astounding sight. Deep in a lush, green valley is an immense arena that looks centuries old! The structure instantly reminds you of a Roman Colosseum with it's stone archways and beautiful architecture and it seems to take your and everyone else's breath away. You came, like many others, to witness an unforgettable dragon battle...

Welcome to the battle arena! Built only a few centuries ago, this incredible structure is home to some of the fiercest dragon battles in history! In this region, the Battle Arena is the only fitting place for two or more dragons to compete as all other land is dedicated to farmers and other simple life like such. Master and dragon, no matter how big or how small, come here from all over the lands to compete in many different competitions. Why not give it a try?

When a new competition is issued, there will be a description concerning what skill sets are going to be judged. For example, there might be a competition requiring speed, so dragons who excel in speed would enter as their chances of winning are higher. The dragon's success is based on luck and skill as the higher their skill points are, the higher chance they have of winning a specific battle. If your dragon doesn't have very high skill points but you still want to enter him into the competition, then have no worries! He still has a slight chance of winning. For example, a dragon with a (5) in a skill would have five times a higher chance of winning a battle than a dragon with a (1).

There are no battles running right now.

I. Only one dragon can be entered in a competition
II. Please treat other competitors with respect and kindness
III. If a dragon wins a battle, the master may not enter them in until a week has passed.
Last edited by Aralas on Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Aralas

Aralas

Postby Aralas » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:23 am

Dragon Lineart: created by Aralas and Liirarwen
Thread Organization and Art: Aralas

Aralas - Owner/Artist/Thread Moderator

Liirarwen - All Thread Moderator

Saphira344 - Archivist
Aralas