Rara Avis

You may post adoptable art in here.

Rara Avis

Postby Redsparrow » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:07 am

~Rara Avis~

Dark trees loom over head, the air thick with a kind of suffocating magic. This is Darko Forest and you've come to find and capture a legendary creature for reasons only you know. The forest is thick and dangerous, many have lost their way to never return. In order to find these creatures you must find the man who walks among them, Darko..He is a zoologist that discovered this dark land's hidden secrets and the only one who can navigate these unforgiving woods. Stumbling along a path you, perhaps by fait or perhaps by chance, come to a clearing. There sits a man who is franticly writing in his notebook, He doesn't take notice to your presence however the creature next to him dose. A Gryphon with large golden eyes stairs you into the ground, letting out a low growl. It brings the man's attention to the newcomer and without taking his eyes off his work he acknowledges you.

"So you are here to find a legendary creature?" His voice is gruff and strange. "Very well, what do you have to offer?" For a price the man will take you to the places of the forest that he knows the creatures reside, no questions asked. While he is willing to get you to the creatures its up to you to woo or capture them. He will not stop you, nor will he aid, your life is truly in your own hands. Will you turn away, will you pay the price and will you be come the partner of the legendary Rara Avis?
Last edited by Redsparrow on Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Redsparrow

Species (WIP)

Postby Redsparrow » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:22 am

Species

There are two major species of Rara Avis, they are Gryphons and Hippogryphs. There is also a third rarer species called the Simurgh. While each of these species is extremely different and can not inter breed they are all considered Rara Avis. So all fall under the broad terminology.

Gryphon

Physical:
~These creatures have a avian head and wings with feline hindquarters.
~Ranging from the size of a house cat to the size of Bengal Tigers.

Subspecies:
Gryphon Subspecies are determined by their cat half and are as follows:
~Domestic
(Domestic subspecies are the smallest group of Gryphons, they usually have the body of a domestic cat.)
~Feral
(Feral subspecies are the average size Gryphons, they usually have the body of small to medium wild cats)
~Wild
(Wild subspecies are the largest of all Gryphons, they usually have the body of large cats)
~Exotic
(Exotic subspecies break the norm of Grphyons, they can have any head with any carnivore body. They are extremely rare)

Longevity:
Unknown.

Diet
All Gryphons are carnivores, some may eat small amount of plant matter but rarely.

Note:
With a bird head and cat body this creature is a crowd favorite. Any cat lover will tell you that their cat chose them, well same goes for the nature of the Gryphon. Sticking to its cat side these creatures refer to themselves as the owner of a person, granting that individual the right to feed, brush and clean up after them, but only on their terms of course.
Mostly solitary creatures, Gryphon females stake out territories to protect. While males tend to wonder around, passing though many female territories and only stay long enough to feed and if the season is right mate. Some species are more social then others and will create prides with many extended family members.
Once bonded these animals will stay with their pet human for the rest of the human's days. While longevity is unknown for sure, it is known that most will outlive their human counter parts, returning to the forest once more. Gryphons are extremely territorial and often the human counterpart will be unable to chose an human partner without the Gryphon's approval.

Hippogryph

Physical:
~These creatures have a avian head and wings with equine or cervidae hindquarters.
~Ranging from the size of small Deer to the size of Draft Horses and Bull Moose.

Subspecies:
Hippogryph Subspecies are determined by their equine or cervidae half and are as follows:
~Equine
(Equine subspecies are characterized by their horse hindquarters and come in all sizes that are common to their horse and pony counter parts)
~Cervidea Minor
(Cervidea Minor subspecies are characterized by their deer hindquarters, these are the smaller deer species.)
~Cervidea Major
(Cervidea Major subspecies are characterized by their deer hindquarters, they are the larger of the deer species.)
~Legendary
(Legendary hippogryphs are rare and can be any head with any herbivore body)

Longevity:
Unknown.

Note:
There is no prouder human then a human with a Hippogryph mount. These creatures are tricky to find despite their large size. Natural prey to Gryphons, Hippogryphs use the protection of a herd to keep safe. Herd sizes range from family units to thousands during migration from the upper woods to lower wintering woodland areas.
Mostly exclusive herbivores, some have been found scavenging dead bodies or hunting small prey during the dry or cold seasons when food is harder to find.
When bonded with a human these creatures are loyal to the death, and do not like to be left alone. Many humans must revert so sleeping near their Hippogryph to keep them calm during storms and moonless nights.

Simurgh

Physical:
~These creatures have the head of a dog, cat or deer or other animal and the body of an avian species.
~Ranging from the size of sparrows to elephants.

Subspecies:
Simurgh Subspecies are classified by their head, but are unlike other species are known to interbreed with all other Simurgh regardless of head species.
~Caine
(Caine subspecies are characterized by their Caine head)
~Feline
(Feline subspecies are characterized by their Feline heads)
~Cervidea
(Cervidea subspecies are characterized by their deer head.)

There are many more classes not mentioned or yet to be discovered....

Longevity:
Unknown.

Note:
Note missing, few recordings of these species exist, leaving little known.

Last edited by Redsparrow on Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:59 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Redsparrow

Rules

Postby Redsparrow » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:22 am

~Rules~

I. If you didn't win it or buy it, its not yours! Art theft is not allowed on this site or others and will be dealt with harshly. Each creature is unique and took hours to make, do not attempt to steal these creatures from me or the person who won them.

II. You are free to use these creatures in stories and draw art of your creature, but if they leave the site they must link back to this thread.

III.
Be respectful of artists and other users.

IV. Do not ask to be an artist, staff or if you can have a custom or when the next set of pets will be coming out. I can't stress the last part of that sentence enough. I have a full time job and am a full time college student. These creatures take me hours to make, so they will be released when I have time to make them. Be patient!

V. Do not hold actions without going though this thread and me. If you no longer want a creature let me know, you many not sell your creature without my permission.

VI. As of right now you may only own 3 first generation creatures. (Three of each species, so three gryphons, three hippogryphs etc.) You may own an unlimited number of second generation-on. You may also only have one custom pet at a time.

Failure to fallow rules will result in warnings, after three warnings members will be banned for a suitable length of time. Abusing me, my staff or my creatures will result in immediate banning for a suitable length of time.
Last edited by Redsparrow on Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"We are going to die...... That makes us the lucky ones."
Redsparrow

For Adoption

Postby Redsparrow » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:24 am

~Adoption~
You have payed your price and are being lead to the location of the creatures you seek. Time will pass while you wait and Darko may leave your side to lead others to your spot. Some wait for years to acquire a creature, some wait only minutes. Only time will tell how long you must stair into the forest waiting...

Rules:
-Apply by filling out form, do NOT edit the from.
-Application must be PMed to me, unless specified.
-Payment is listed above pet and must be sent as acceptable trade.
-Once I have accepted the trade you will be sent an adoption certificate, do NOT share this with anyone else. Each creature will have a unique ID code that is how I determine ownership. If creature is sold it will be issued a new ID number.

To adopt a creature fill out the from below the individual.
Creature #
Note:

FORM
Code: Select all
Username:
Creature Name:
Species:
Subspecies:

~Custom~
Each player may have one Custom pet at a time, unless you trade for one from another user. Customs are unique because they can be a mix of any bird with any mammal. This means that you can cross a herbivore with a carnivore, which dose not happen naturally. You are also allowed to auction off your custom pet, once it is auctioned off you may order another Custom pet.

Rules:
1. You may only have one custom pet at a time.
2. Custom pets cost a Legendary pet.
3. PM me the application form, slots fill on a first come first serve basis.

Form:
User name:
Creature Head: (Image or name of species)
Creature Body: (Image or name of species)

Payment:
Other:

~Slots~
-
-
-
Last edited by Redsparrow on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:04 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Redsparrow

Breeding/Auctions

Postby Redsparrow » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:24 am

Breeding
Below are the slots for breeding.

Breeding Rules:
1. Breeding requests are only accepted when slots are open.
2. Slots open every other month.
3. Breeding costs is one Ultra Rare per egg.
4. Each species can only breed with itself ex. Gryphons can only breed with Gryphons and so on. Subspecies can interbreed ex. Domestic Gryphons can breed with Wild Gryphons.
5. Each female may only be breed once every 3 months and have up to 3 eggs in one clutch. Eggs take two weeks to hatch.

Slots: CLOSED
-
-

Auctions from Owners:

Share the Wealth:
After receiving the adoption certificate for each creature you may put your creatures up for action. In order to do so you must Pm me and I will post them up for auction on this thread. PM for details.

~Auction Application~
Username:
Creature ID number: (found on adoption certificate).
Start Date:
End Date:
Minimum Bid: (ie one very rare or seven rare hoard pets)

Instructions: PM me the "Auction Application" and after getting permission to auction, you will post the "Owner's Auction Form" and run your own auction on this thread. I will also post an image of the creature and a link to the page that the auction is on from the front main page.

[b]~Owner Auction Form~[/b]
~Send auction offer to (Your Screen name).~
Creature Image:
Start Date:
End Date:
Minimum Bid:

~Bids~
-
-
-

Secondary/Owner action Rules:
1.Auctions will have a set end date and cannot exceed 2 weeks.
2.Auctions may not be closed with out a winner.
3. There are no trade backs, all auction are final.
4. If the auction reaches the end point without any bids it may be restarted in a month.
5. You may set a minimum value (ie. One very rare, or seven rare hoard pets), if that value is not met then the auction will end without a winner.

[center]
Creature Image
Page #:
Last edited by Redsparrow on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:01 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Redsparrow

Q and A

Postby Redsparrow » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:25 am

This area is for commonly asked Questions and Answers

Q: Why dose everything cost so much?
A: Two reasons: One is because each creature is unique and can be viewed as a custom. Because of this each takes hours to make and so I have deemed them worth more. Second, I am lazy and busy, but mostly lazy. From past experience of running adoptions I know that I need a lot of motivation to keep making creatures. Ultra Rare and Legendary pets are the minimum motivation needed.
Last edited by Redsparrow on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"We are going to die...... That makes us the lucky ones."
Redsparrow

Re: Bird of Prey (WIP)

Postby Oriel » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:04 am

So bookmarked. You don't even know. ._.
Oriel

Return to Adoptables