Canine Kennel Club: dog competition sim

You may post adoptable art in here.

Postby DragoGirl00 » Thu May 28, 2015 4:28 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Information

Welcome to Kanine Kennel Klub! This is a realistic canine sim where you can buy, train, breed, and compete with your own dogs. Competition victors will be decided by statistics, attitudes, and responsible breeding; if you play your cards right, you could get several bonus points that could easily turn the tide of a show. You can also create kennels and rescue organizations -- the choice is yours!

Joining

Don't be shy -- we're all very friendly here and would love to have you join! To do so, simply head down to the "Rules and Forms" section (right below this post), copy the kennel form, and paste it into a new post. Most of it should be pretty self-explanatory, but if you're wondering about the kennel type, just scroll down a couple sections on this post to read a bit more about the types of kennels you can have. (Note: It is possible to be an all-purpose kennel; just be aware that you will not receive the additional points other types might receive.) The owner doesn't have to be anything special; I just need a name, age, and gender. Everything else is entirely optional, but I strongly encourage you to develop your character if you've got the time! After posting the form, you can begin searching for your first dog and I'll add your information to the front page.

Adoption

Dogs can be acquired through a variety of different ways, including straightforward purchases, auctions, rescues, and prizes. In a purchase competition, forms are submitted to vie for the purchase of the dog, the price of which will be listed on the dog's information; however, these will not be first come, first serve. The forms required will typically include something involved with the purchase of the dog, such as the best name, a short story about the first time the dog and owner met, the first time the dog was brought to the owner's kennel, the best personality, etc. Occasionally the kennel best equipped to care for the dog will be chosen; however, any pre-existing friendships and such will be fully ignored for the sake of dog adoptions. Auctions do not require that you submit a form, and the dog is simply given to the highest bidder by the end of the time allowed. Rescues are first come, first serve; however, in order to adopt a rescue, you must be able to pay the vet care that will be listed on the dog's page, and the stats of a rescue dog will not be revealed until after the dog has been purchased. Dogs can also be adopted as prizes by submitting a form that includes some sort of creative aspect, such as a short story, a poem, a drawing, a funny gif, etc. The desired extra will be disclosed at the beginning of the competition. Customs may never be requested and can only be won as prizes from a Level X dog show.

Kennels

In order to adopt a dog, you must have a kennel. You may have up to three kennels; the first one is free, and each subsequent kennel costs $25,000. While there are no rules as to how many or which types of dogs you may keep at a kennel, there are several different types that you may choose to have your kennel be:

Breed-Specific: All dogs within this kennel that are the same breed will receive a bonus during shows and breeding, though they don't have to all compete in the same event. Dogs kept at breed-specific kennels will receive a two-point bonus for breed-specific shows, which are hosted by breed associations, and a two-point bonus for pups during breedings.

Type-Specific: All dogs within this kennel that are the same type (herding, working, sporting, etc.) will receive a bonus during type-specific shows, which are hosted by type associations, and a one-point bonus for pups during breedings.

Rescue: All dogs within this kennel must be rescues or the offspring of rescues. Although the user must pay a vet bill when adopting the dog, all dogs in the kennel will receive free vet and weekly care from that point forward.

Breeding: In order to be recognized as a breeding kennel, the majority of the dogs must be available for breeding to the public, and all should be available for breeding after certain specifications are met. Females will be able to breed twice a week (but must have a two-day cool down period in between breedings; weeks will officially start on Sundays for females to make keeping up with this easier). Males will give a three-stat bonus to the pup that the owner may distribute at will and females will offer one additional stat to the pup. While breeding kennels may also be breed-specific, they cannot start out as both breed-specific and discipline-specific. Once it has been proven to me that the breeding kennel is truly being used as such (and not just an excuse to breed your female twice a week), I will allow that kennel to be both breed-specific and discipline-specific if the user desires.

There may be breed-specific rescue kennels if a user would like, but this would be relatively difficult to accomplish. To start off one's kennel, it is recommended to focus on acquiring good dogs and purchasing separate kennels to sell dogs to later. Additionally, in order to set up a kennel, one must come up with not only a name but a kennel owner. The only necessary information for the kennel owner is the name, age, and gender, although a he or she may be expanded upon if you would like. The minimum age for a kennel owner is 22. Although the kennel owner is the only required character, other characters may be made as well. However, additional characters do not affect anything and are purely for entertainment. Please note: The character created for this sim will be used for events in the dog's life, especially training. If you would rather not have someone else writing for a particular character, please do not use that one and come up with a different character.

Stats

Each dog's page includes a variety of stats belonging to the dog. These are used to determine the winners of a competition and the stats of a dog's offspring. The first set is basic info, like age, gender, ect; the second set is always out of ten, and includes your dog's skill levels.

Additional Information

Dogs age a year every two weeks.

Dogs bred from a breeding kennel will receive two additional stats per parent at the breeding kennel that can be added to any physical trait at the discretion of the owner.
Last edited by DragoGirl00 on Thu May 28, 2015 5:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DragoGirl00

Postby DragoGirl00 » Thu May 28, 2015 4:32 pm

Rules

-You may own as many dogs as you can afford.
-You may not claim another user's dog as your own.
-You must be polite and respectful to all users at all times.
-You may not ask for customs; these are given out as prizes of top-level competitions or at my discretion only.
-You may not complain about losing a competition or adoption.
-You may not sell your dogs for any currency other than the currency used at here ($). This includes Eldemore pets and baubles.
-You may not request that particular colors and/or patterns in pups show up; however, this is exclusively for breedings, and any color/pattern/breed suggestions are openly welcomed.
-All colors are to be natural dog colors.
-Non-rescue kennels may only adopt up to three rescues a month.
-All dogs created are the property of this sim and, if neglected or otherwise mistreated, may be taken away and readopted. Don't worry -- this will only be the case if a user quits or has been banned from the sim.
-Please only post a breeding form once -- just because it hasn't been completed doesn't mean that I've overlooked it, and bumping a form actually makes it more difficult for me. If you bump/repost a form, your breeding will only be completed after all others have been; if you are legitimately concerned that I may have overlooked your breeding, please PM me.
-You may only request up to five of your dogs to be trained in one day.
-Links must be included on forms requesting breedings, items, and other such things. If you can't link at the moment, please just wait to post the form -- I'm already pressed for time, and having to track down a bunch of dogs by searching their names is quite a bit of a hassle for me ^^'
-You may only enter your dog in up to two events for show. If this seems unclear, just remember that the maximum entry fee per dog in level I is $400.
-No complaining or whining on entry forms for dogs. Anything such as "I know this is terrible and that I won't win" or "I hope I win this because I never win any" is not appropriate -- if you need to rant, my inbox is always open, but doing so on a form makes it seem like you're guilt-tripping me and that's not very fair <3 Forms that appear to be clearly guilt-tripping me will be ignored.
-No more than two breedings per user per page, and you may not double-post to get around this rule.

Kennel Form:
Code: Select all
[center][b]I'd like to create a kennel![/b][/center]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Kennel name:[/b]
[b]Number of kennels currently owned:[/b]
[b]Type of kennel:[/b]
[b]Kennel owner:[/b] (name, age, gender at minimum; you may go into more detail if you would like)

Association Form:
[center][b]I'd like to create a breed association![/b][/center]
[b]Breed:[/b]
[b]Dogs owned of this breed:[/b]

Kennel Affiliation Form:
[center][b]We're creating a kennel affiliation![/b][/center]
[b]Name of affiliation:[/b]
[b]Kennels and users involved:[/b]

Everything must be approved before anything may be done. After an association and/or kennel is accepted, I will add it to the archive to link back to.

Breeding Form:
[center][b]I'd like to breed these dogs![/b][/center]
[b]Female:[/b] (please include link to dog)
[b]Breeding fee:[/b] (if applicable)
[b]Male:[/b] (please include link to dog)
[b]Vet fee:[/b] $200

Breedings

In order to breed a dog, the recipient of the pup must post the form and fill in all information. If the recipient owns either the female or the male, the owner of whichever dog the recipient does not have must quote the posted form and write that the breeding is approved or the owner must give permission somewhere on a post and the person requesting the breeding must link to it in the form. If the recipient does not own either dog, both owners must quote the post and write that it is approved before the breeding can be completed or give permission that can be linked to by the requester of the breeding. Pasting a quote from a PM or even from a post (and not linking to it) is not sufficient. Breedings are always open unless I say otherwise.

Please note that breeding two dogs together does not mean that you will necessarily get a differently colored dog, nor does breeding a solid-colored dog to a spotted dog mean that the foal will have spots. I use a dog coat generator to determine the possibilities and then use a random number generator to determine the likelihood of that coat out of one hundred and select one randomly -- it's not as simple as mashing two dogs together. Additionally, there is a 1% chance that there will be birthing complications -- the pup and/or female may not necessarily die, but vet bills may be higher (it's actually going to be pretty difficult to lose a female or pup). This is, like the coat colors, entirely random. Also, when two dogs of a different breed have a pup, the pup with not be mixed breed, but instead be either the breed of the father or mother.

Dogs may be bred as many times as the owner would like until they are too old. Females and males can begin breeding at three years of age, and females may only have one baby per week unless owned by a breeding kennel. Males can be bred as often as the owner would like to breed them. Once a female reaches age 20, there is only a 50% chance of her actually being able to carry a pup, and a breeding may be attempted once every three days. After age 30, females and males can no longer breed.
Last edited by DragoGirl00 on Thu May 28, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DragoGirl00

Postby DragoGirl00 » Thu May 28, 2015 4:34 pm

Bank

Each user gets $20,000 to start with and will receive $500 each week (every Friday) in addition to any competition earnings. Care for a dog costs $1,500/week total, although rescue kennels don't have to pay for dog care. Occasionally an emergency vet bill will pop up; this is entirely random but must be paid or the dog may be seized due to neglect. Rescues don't need to pay for this, either.

Last Updated: May, 28th 2015

If you have earned money, spent money, or joined before the "Last updated" date and your information has not been updated, please PM me and I will fix that as soon as possible.
Last edited by DragoGirl00 on Thu May 28, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DragoGirl00

Postby DragoGirl00 » Thu May 28, 2015 4:36 pm

Dogs for Sale:

Please PM the owner of the dog about the sale and agree on the sale first. The buyer will then copy the below form, fill it out, and post it. The seller must then quote the post and write "Accepted" beneath it. At this point, the sale is final and the seller may not demand the return of their dog unless the buyer agrees.

[center][b]I'm purchasing a dog![/b][/center]
[b]Kennel:[/b]
[b]Dog:[/b] [url=x](link to dog, please)[/url]
[b]Former owner:[/b]
[b]Price:[/b]

Sellers should also submit the form below upon deciding to sell their dog:

[url=x]Dogs name (please insert the dog's page link into the url)[/url] for sale by [url=x]owner's username (please insert your page link into the url)[/url]; asking (insert price)

Please note that dogs up for adoption will not be listed under Dogs for Sale. However, if a user no longer wants a dog, it may be listed here. Dogs offered for free or forcibly taken due to neglect will count as rescues.
Last edited by DragoGirl00 on Thu May 28, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DragoGirl00

Postby DragoGirl00 » Thu May 28, 2015 4:37 pm

Kennel Affiliations

Kennels can create affiliations with other kennels, which allows them to create local shows and an additional point is given in a competition to dogs belonging to the barn hosting the competition. Local shows do not cost money to attend, but a user can only attend if his or her kennel is a part of the affiliation. Additionally, the quality of the dogs will determine the prize money paid to first, second, and third place. There may only be up to five original kennels of an affiliation. Any additional kennels must be first approved by me. When an affiliation hosts a show, I am to be notified in order to determine the prize money, and each kennel can only host a show once a month. The cost to create a local show is $1,000.

Breed associations can create shows specific to the breed they represent. Additionally, breed associations keep a ranking of the top males, females, and overall dogs within the association, making it easy to find the best ones to breed and/or buy. Each dog admitted into the breed association must pay a fee to register, which is decided upon by the president of the breed association. This is a source of money for the breed association, as well as competition fees, and breed associations start with $50,000. Once this money runs out, it's up to the association's president to get more money. The cost to create a breed-specific show is $2,500, and in breed-specific shows, the association's president's dogs receive two additional points. The founder of a breed association must serve at least one month's term as president. After that time, another user may step up or the founder may choose to stay on as president. If more than one user would like to be president, a poll will be set up and the association members will vote.

If you are the one creating an association, you may choose the official name, such as "Husky Dog Association," "Husky Dog Breeders Association," "Husky Dog Registry," "Husky Breeders Association," etc. I simply included the number of terms that I did to give you a wide variety to choose from -- you don't have to use them all, or even any.

Breed associations must first be approved by me; barn affiliations may be created independently.
Last edited by DragoGirl00 on Thu May 28, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DragoGirl00

Postby DragoGirl00 » Thu May 28, 2015 4:43 pm

Upcoming Shows

None yet!

Past Shows

None yet!

Hall of Fame

None yet!

Show Information

Shows are divided into low, high, and top-level shows. They are as follows:

Low: I, II, III. Level I shows are for dogs who have never won a show before. They are highly profitable for second and third placers, but once a dog has won first place, he or she is not eligible to enter any longer. Level II shows are for dogs who have won their first show but are not ready to move on to Level III, where there is a minimum skill level. Level II shows can be divided into IIA, IIB, IIC, etc. depending on the skills of the horses involved. The difference between the highest and lowest skills in a competition can be no greater than 20 at any point in Level II and III shows. In later levels, there is no skill minimum or maximum, and a player may choose to retire a dog if he or she is no longer winning against the other dogs. IIA would encompass the first 20 skill gap, IIB the second, and so on. Level III shows are set with a minimum skill level of 50. There is no maximum, but a dog may not compete after earning a grand total of $15,000 within the level. (Immediately upon reaching a trainable age, a dog is considered grade C. After moving on into high-level shows, the dog is grade B. Top-level dogs are considered grade A, and after winning three grand championships, a dog is given the title of grade X. Grade X dogs are highly valuable, as females will produce a pup with 4 additional stats to be distributed at the owner's discretion and males will offer their pups 7 additional stats, again to be distributed anywhere the owner would like.)

High: IV, V, VI. Level VI shows have an earning limit of $25,000 and is the first show to put an emphasis on attitude. Dogs with proper attitudes will have three points added to their scores; dogs with improper attitudes will lose three points. Level V shows will have an earning limit of $35,000 and put a five-point emphasis on attitude. To enter Level VI, a dog must have won a minimum of 10 shows or reached its earning limit for all eligible shows. Level VI has no earning limit and dogs may continue to compete in Level VI shows until they retire.

Top: VII, VIII, IX. To enter VII, a dog must have won at least a third of all shows entered throughout its lifetime. There is no limit to how long a dog may compete in each top level, but winnings are significantly higher at each level. To compete in VIII, a dog must have won at least three VII shows and can only have placed lower than third a maximum of ten times. To compete in IX, which is a championship round, a dog must have won three VIII shows and can only have placed lower than third a maximum of five times in those shows. Additionally, there will occasionally be competitions reserved only for dogs who have won the title of champion at a show. These are considered Level X shows.

A dog must be at least three years old to compete in low-level shows, five to compete in high-level shows, and nine to compete in top-level shows. A dog is mandatorily retired after 18 years of age.

Training
Dogs may be trained once a week, and the amount they gain from the training varies from dog to dog. Training is free.

[center][u]Training![/u][/center]
[b]Dog(s):[/b]
[b]Event:[/b]

Events

There are several different events you may choose to train your dog in:

CONFORMATION - “Conformation” is the official name for “dog shows.” While they may seem glamorous, the true purpose of conformation showing is to evaluate breeding stock. The dog’s conformation—his overall appearance and structure—is an indication of the dog’s ability to produce quality purebred puppies, and that is what is being judged in the ring.

OBEDIENCE - Obedience trials showcase dogs that have been trained and conditioned to behave well at home, in public places, and in the presence of other dogs. Obedience trials allow exhibitors and their dogs to enjoy companionship and competition as they proudly earn titles.

AGILITY - Even if you don't recognize it by name, you have probably seen an agility competition. Designed to demonstrate a dog's willingness to work with his handler in a variety of situations, agility is an athletic event that requires conditioning, concentration, training, and teamwork. Dogs and handlers must negotiate an obstacle course while racing against the clock. Agility is a great form of exercise for both dog and handler, and a fun way to bond.

TRACKING - Dogs have a very keen sense of smell—100,000 times stronger than humans! That’s why dogs are often used to find lost people and animals, drugs, avalanche and disaster victims, and even to detect cancer and oncoming seizures. Tracking is a canine sport that demonstrates a dog’s natural ability to recognize and follow a scent, and is the foundation of canine search and rescue work. In tracking the dog is completely in charge, because only he knows how to use his nose to find and follow the track. For many, the greatest pleasure of tracking are the hours spent outside, training and interacting with their dogs.

HERDING - The purpose of herding tests is to offer owners of herding breeds a standardized gauge by which a dog’s basic instinct and trainability are measured. The judge is looking for the dog’s ability to move and control livestock by fetching or driving. The purpose of the competitive herding trial program is to preserve and develop the herding skills inherent in the herding breeds, and to demonstrate that they can perform the useful functions for which they were originally bred.
Last edited by DragoGirl00 on Sat May 30, 2015 2:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DragoGirl00

Postby DragoGirl00 » Thu May 28, 2015 4:49 pm

Get A Dog

Dogs For $ - In a purchase competition, forms are submitted to vie for the purchase of the dog, the price of which will be listed on the dog's information; however, these will not be first come, first serve. The forms required will typically include something involved with the purchase of the dog, such as the best name, a short story about the first time the dog and owner met, the first time the dog was brought to the owner's kennel, the best personality, etc. Occasionally the kennel best equipped to care for the dog will be chosen; however, any pre-existing friendships and such will be fully ignored for the sake of dog adoptions.

None

[center][u]I'd like to buy this dog![/u][/center]
[b]Dog name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b] ...
[b]Age:[/b] ...
[b]Height:[/b] ...
[b]Breed:[/b] ...
[b]Event Specialty:[/b]
[b]Breeding fee:[/b]
[b]...[/b]

Dogs For Auction - Auctions do not require that you submit a form, and the dog is simply given to the highest bidder by the end of the time allowed.

Stats

Height: 15 cm
Breed: Chihuahua
Attitude: Amiable
Conformation: 10

Sociability: 10
Intelligence: 2
Agility: 3
Obedience: 2
Tracking: 2
Herding: 5

PM me to submit a bid. Current running bid is ___. Auction ends Saturday, June 6th, 2015, 2:30 PM (my time).

Rescue Dogs - Rescues are first come, first serve; however, in order to adopt a rescue, you must be able to pay the vet care that will be listed on the dog's page, and the stats of a rescue dog will not be revealed until after the dog has been purchased.

[center][u]I'd like to rescue this dog![/u][/center]
[b]Gender:[/b] Female
[b]Age:[/b] 3 years
[b]Height:[/b] 25 cm
[b]Breed:[/b] Scottie
[b]Vet Price[/b] $94

Prize Dogs - Dogs can also be adopted as prizes by submitting a form that includes some sort of creative aspect, such as a short story, a poem, a drawing, a funny gif, etc. The desired extra will be disclosed at the beginning of the competition.

None

[center][u]I'd like to try to win this dog![/u][/center]
[b]Gender:[/b] ...
[b]Age:[/b] ...
[b]Height:[/b] ...
[b]Breed:[/b] ...
[b]...[/b]

Line Credits

http://wyldeelyn.deviantart.com/art/Fre ... -217027688
http://wyldeelyn.deviantart.com/art/Fre ... -265543295
http://wyldeelyn.deviantart.com/art/Fre ... -203925485
Last edited by DragoGirl00 on Sat May 30, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.
DragoGirl00

Postby DragoGirl00 » Thu May 28, 2015 4:51 pm

Open for posting! Feel free to bookmark and create a kennel! PM me if you spot any inconsistent information or mistakes as I've used this for other adopts on other sites. Will try and get the first dogs up soon!
67 Pages of Eldemore Wishlist Pets To Go!
When trading, please only ask for pets from my X-tras Group.
Chicken Smoothie | Magistream | Flight Rising
DragoGirl00

Re: Canine Kennel Club: dog competition sim

Postby Erythro » Sun May 31, 2015 9:21 pm

Marking! I will definitely be reserving a kennel but I'm headed to work soon so it will be later tonight.

Always trading for VG Graphic Rune Drakes and Windigo Rune Drakes!

Send me a PM and we'll work something out!

Eldemore Account - ChickenSmoothie Account - FlightRising Account
Erythro

Re: Canine Kennel Club: dog competition sim

Postby DragoGirl00 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:22 pm

bump
67 Pages of Eldemore Wishlist Pets To Go!
When trading, please only ask for pets from my X-tras Group.
Chicken Smoothie | Magistream | Flight Rising
DragoGirl00

Next

Return to Adoptables