~Fire Flitlings~ (Closed)

Postby KittyCatKita » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:50 am

Table Of Contents!
Welcome! You are here!
Species Information
Current Adopts
Species Breeding
Archive

Welcome to the world of the Fire Flitlings, the small, secretive creatures who inhabit your gardens and meadows. Distantly related to dragons, the only features that the 'Flits' (as they are fondly referred to) still retain from their distant ancestors is the ability to fly, and the ability to breath fire. It is here that the Flits have been carefully captured and raised and are ready to find a new home, perhaps with you?

My Flitling Ren and I would be more than willing to help show you around and introduce you to the various Flits that we might have available for adoption. Please come in and sit down, just watch where you step! Flits are rather tricky little creatures!

Adoption Rules
~ Be polite and no arguing with staff
~ Do not beg staff to give you a Flitling
~ Please fill out the forms as fully as you can
~ There is no adoption limit at this time
~ Please link back here if you happen to use them off of Eldemore
~ No claiming the species/copying the species or altering designs/remove signatures

Our Staff:

KittyCatKita: Creator of the Flitlings + primary artist
~~ Kita works on getting Flitlings into a new home or helps to make sure that Flit nests are taken care of.
She gets help from her two flits, Ren and Lina though it is debatable how useful they actually are in most situations.
Last edited by KittyCatKita on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:39 pm, edited 7 times in total.
KittyCatKita

Species Information

Postby KittyCatKita » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:55 am

Species Name: Fire Flitlings
Average Height: 1 - 3 Inches
Average Length: 3 - 6 Inches
Average Wingspan: A very large range, 4 inches up to 16 inches
Lifespan: 70 years to 120 years
Food: Omnivorous; they often eat fruit, vegetables, nectar, bugs, small mammals, small birds and eggs

Appearance: The Flitling's wing colouration are based on any moth or butterfly. The body's coat colour can match the wing colour or can be unique. They have a short, rounded muzzle with a very powerful bite. They have sharp canines and grinding teeth. Their ears are relatively large but not very sensitive, they use scent and sight primarily as their preferred senses. Their short powerful legs are useful for climbing and a long tail used for balance and steering when flying. They have large, powerful wings used for flight. When landed the wings can fold down against the body or be held up behind the body
Flitlings can breath fire, and while their fire tends to generally match their wings, it can be any colour.

Habitat: Flitlings typically live solitarily or in small colonies. They make nests and shelters in small holes or crevices in trees and rocks, in ducts, old barns and bird houses. The territory of colony groups doesn't tend to overlap neighbouring colonies, but solitary Flits will often pass between territories. Flits are closely connected with not only nature, but also with humans and often take advantage of them. They are commonly found in gardens, forests, meadows, cottages and cabins, and within towns. They have a broad range of habitat they enjoy settling, however Flitlings cannot stand extreme cold.

General Biology: Flitlings reach sexual maturity at 15 years of age. Flits may can mate for life but otherwise they will come together for the mating season and once the young are independent they will go their own way. Flitlings impress a prospective breeding partner or mate by presenting what they consider to be "treasures" that they had collected, for example things like buttons, candy wrappers and marbles have been recorded. The more flashy the treasure the better the suitor's appeal. After breeding females will lay 1-2 eggs in the nest and will keep them incubated for 2 weeks until they hatch. The hatchlings are already self sufficient but often remain with one or both parents until a few weeks old when their wings have strengthened to the point of being able to fly.

Flight Mechanics: Flitlings have hollow bones like birds as well as a small 'gas bladder' which allows them to decrease their weight. On average they can fly from 2 to 4 hours before they are forced to rest, but some have been clocked at about 6-7 hours when doing distance flights. Their gas bladder is filled with what is speculated to be most likely a hydrogen or a helium based gas that serves to help increase their lift as well as spark their fire. This gas is created by small bacteria which live in the rugae of the gas bladder. They also have very powerful muscles in their wings which help to produce a great deal of lift when flying.

Diurnal or Nocturnal: Flitlings can and have be spotted out and active at any time of the day. Some Flits appear to be more drawn to nocturnal activities while others are seen more often through the day.

Communication: Flitlings communicate both vocally and through physical cues. Vocally they express themselves through clicks, chirps, chattering and screeching. Physically they make use of their eyes, lips and teeth, ears, 'feather' crown, wings and tail.

Behaviour: Flitlings are often little tricksters. They enjoy 'stealing' stuff for their collections that they deem are shiny or a treasure. They are a relatively curious creature that enjoys exploring and aren't easily frightened by curious on looking humans. Due to this they can sometimes end up getting into a little bit of trouble and have to try to get themselves out. They are very smart creatures despite their small size and the common association with the bug. They retained some of the brilliant mind of the dragon and while they are incapable of producing human speech they can be easily taught many tricks and have a form of written language, though the translation has not yet been tackled by scientists.
Last edited by KittyCatKita on Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KittyCatKita

Current Adopts

Postby KittyCatKita » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:33 pm

Here is what you guys really came to see, the Flits that are currently up for adoption. Ren and I carefully select each of the Flitlings out of our stock to make sure that they are ready to go to a good home. If you would like to try to adopt a Flit please fill out the form at the bottom of this post after you take a peek at the Flits available for adoption.

This current adoption round ends: August 24th

A3M

Kita's Files wrote:Sex: Male
Height: 1.5 inches
Length: 4 inches
Wing length: 5 inches
Wing Inspiration: Gold-Banded Forester Butterfly

A4F

Kita's Files wrote:Sex: Female
Height: 1.3 inches
Length: 4 inches
Wing length: 3.5 inches
Wing Inspiration: Blomfild's Beauty Butterfly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please use this form when trying for a Flit!

Code: Select all
[b]I am trying out for:[/b] Please put the Flit's Title # Code
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Flit's Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Where might this Flit set up home?[/b] (where is it's habitat?)
[b]Any extras or add ons:[/b] Optional (can  be art, a story, a picture, etc.)
Last edited by KittyCatKita on Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.
KittyCatKita

Breeding Nests

Postby KittyCatKita » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:35 pm

BREEDINGS ARE NOT YET AVAILABLE. MORE INFORMATION WILL BECOME AVAILABLE WHEN WE GET CLOSER TO HAVING THIS IMPLEMENTED

Are Flitlings able to breed? Yes of course! At the time it is not offered however as we have not enough Flits adopted yet (oops XD)

When is the Flitling breeding season? Flitlings are breedable through the warmest, summer months (Approximately May through August-September) still working out when exactly

Can same-sex Flit couples breed? No, they are unable to breed. However it has been seen that these couples will take in an abandoned egg and raise the orphaned young as their own.

More to come here as I work it out, sorry!
Last edited by KittyCatKita on Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KittyCatKita

Archive

Postby KittyCatKita » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:42 pm

A-M

C:
Crestalia
Fellis

K:
KittyCatKita
Ren
Lina
N-Z

N:
NyteFyreWolf
Shimmer

R:
RainbowFinch
Locke

T:
teacat.
Chestnut

~~~~~~~~
Please note: These Flits were created on CS before I decided to move the Flits to Eldemore instead. The lineart here was used there, that is why it is different than our official lines now. I am not very good on Oekaki, please excuse me.
Floofy Owned by Softballpup12 on CS
Calvin Owned by Ezai on CS
Dimanji Owned by LeapingWishes on CS
Unnamed Owned by Firedancer77 on CS
Adeline Owned by felidae89 on CS
Last edited by KittyCatKita on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.
KittyCatKita

Re: ~Fire Flitlings~

Postby KittyCatKita » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:45 pm

Reserved just incase
Last edited by KittyCatKita on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KittyCatKita wrote:I don't have a lot of time for this site anymore due to real life,
but feel free to send trades. It may just take me a
while to get back to you (months realistically so
please be patient). I recently disbanded my
complete collection, so there's lots for trade!
Anything in my locked groups are being kept
since they are my favourites <3
~Kita

~ Eldemore Artist Dec 2013 to Nov 2017 ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
KittyCatKita

Re: ~Fire Flitlings~

Postby KittyCatKita » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:46 pm

Reserved also, now open! Hopefully I will have a couple of Flits up soon! <3
KittyCatKita wrote:I don't have a lot of time for this site anymore due to real life,
but feel free to send trades. It may just take me a
while to get back to you (months realistically so
please be patient). I recently disbanded my
complete collection, so there's lots for trade!
Anything in my locked groups are being kept
since they are my favourites <3
~Kita

~ Eldemore Artist Dec 2013 to Nov 2017 ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
KittyCatKita

Re: ~Fire Flitlings~ (Open! Working on First Adopts)

Postby Firedance101 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:44 pm

-watching. Glad to see these around
Firedance101

Postby SilentObserver » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:50 pm

*sets a loafing cat on thread* Just.
    Setting this here so I don't forget

These are adorable
SilentObserver

Postby cjr09 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:57 pm

These look adorable, Kita!

Marking for future reference~
cjr09

Next

Return to Adoptables