♚ kaida adopts — closed / please lock ^-^

You may post adoptable art in here.

♚ kaida adopts — closed / please lock ^-^

Postby cheetah » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:20 am

---
Welcome to Genus Kallidona, a massive project I will be working on. Kaidas are only one species of many in the genus and only one piece of the story that comes along with this project. Be sure to check in with the events and lore section as the story unfolds!

CURRENT NEWS
The first kaida adopt is up! Check out the Adoptions section!

RULES
i. Respect is essential to everyone.
ii. These are a closed species, meaning you may not make your own.
iii. You may not edit your kaida in any way besides resizing the image.
iv. You cannot sell or give away your kaida without my permission.
v. If you do not wish to keep your kaida, please alert me, and I will take it off your hands.
vi. Everyone starts with four slots for four kaidas.
vii. I have the final say on this thread besides the site's staff.
viii. Do not steal kaidas that are not yours.
ix. You may take these offsite as they are officially yours, but please link them back to this thread.

INDEX
i. Intro - News - Rules
ii. Species Info
iii. Adoptions
iv. Lore
Last edited by cheetah on Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:41 am, edited 7 times in total.
cheetah

♚ species info

Postby cheetah » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:21 am

---
TAXONOMY
Kingdom Animalia
Phylum Chordata
Class Lumalia
Order Supravitus
Family Dracanidae
Genus Kallidona
Species Nexmori

APPEARANCE
A Kallidona nexmori, or Kaida, is best known for its thick and “feathery” fur as one particular individual would describe. They heavily resemble canines with a hint of dragon. Coloration is heavily varied and is affected by their subspecie. As much as scientists try, no two kaidas have ever possessed the same pelt verbatim. An adult is generally around the same height of a grown lion although much lighter.

ENVIRONMENTS
As the first kaida was discovered in 1968 by Dr. Deene, their has since then been ten different subspecies found and observed. Kaidas inhabit most of the earth and have recently come into the mass media. The history can be found more in the lore.

INTELLIGENCE
Kaidas are highly intelligent and have a mind much like that of a human's, capable of thoughts other than most animals.

SOCIETY
Kaidas are highly territorial and normally proclaim a expanse of land for themselves and their group. Groups are known as feathers.

BONDS
As named for by their taxonomy, Nexmori, kaidas have an inner mechanism that can produce a bondage. A bondage is a one of a kind mutual connection between a kaida and another creature. Bondages are irreversible and only one can be established for kaidas. When bonded, the two creatures experience a heightened sense of understanding of each other and can often speak telepathically. However, some kaidas tend to avoid bondage as it also means death. If a kaida's bond dies, it ensures the kaidas' death as well. They will experience the same type of death their bond did. Bonds are not always mates.

DIET
Carnivorous beasts, kaidas mainly consume meat. Their food palette depends on the environment they live in. Strangely, they avoid consuming birds if they can.

REPRODUCTION
Kaidas mate for life and normally don't take another if the first fails or dies. Cubs can only be conceived the first two weeks of every month. Any two gender of kaidas can conceive a cub. It is unheard of litters exceeding two cubs.

CUBS
The young of a kaida is known as a cub, and are rather plain in coloration at birth. As they grow, their pelts warp and from day to day, they might not even look like the same cub. When they finally mature, their fur sets in and stays.

LIFESPAN
Kaidas do not age after they reach adulthood, leaving them unable to naturally pass on from old age. They are largely immortal, and there are only three known ways one would be able to pass away. The most common death factor is through a fatal injury, a deadly disease, or by way of bondage.
Last edited by cheetah on Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
cheetah

♚ adoptions

Postby cheetah » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:22 am

---
CURRENT RELEASES
WETLAND KAIDA
[ kallidona nexmori candalustr ]

Wetland kaidas are best
recognized by their softly
glowing fur. Out of all kaidas,
these largely do not mind getting
wet considering the marshes
they inhabit. Coloration
compromises largely of teals
and purples and they enjoy all
things floral.
Code: Select all
[b]Username.[/b]

[b]Kaida Number.[/b]
[b]Kaida Name.[/b]
[b]Kaida Gender.[/b]
[b]Kaida Personality.[/b]

[b]Haiku.[/b]
This particular kaida seems to be a hybrid of a wetland and a cavern kaida, evident by the bioluminescent fur that only caverns possess.

To adopt, please fill out the form to the side. This will be an impress me adoption and will include you having to write a haiku! The haiku will have to pertain to the kaida in some way. Have fun! c:

End date : February 16

GRASSLAND KAIDA
[ kallidona nexmori minagra ]

Found in the tall vegetation of
large fields and moors, grassland
kaidas tend to be smaller in size
compared to others. Most
noticeably, these kaidas possess
short tails. They have very natural
colors with minimal vibrant
markings with warm colors, not
to be confused with forest kaidas.
Code: Select all
[b]Username.[/b]

[b]Kaida Number.[/b]
[b]Kaida Name.[/b]
[b]Kaida Gender.[/b]
[b]Kaida Personality.[/b]

[b]Hobby.[/b]
This kaida's natural pelt very much resembles that of a dik dik. The dark corner of their eye produces a secretion to mark their territory and possessions.

To adopt, please fill out the form to the side. This will be an impress me adoption and will include you having to include of hobby of the kaida.

End date : March 16
Last edited by cheetah on Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.
cheetah

♚ lore

Postby cheetah » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:23 am

---
BASIS
Light comes in many waves with only a fraction visible to humans. Kaidas are of the class Lumalia, creatures seemingly “invisible” as they are of colors off our spectrum. They coexist with the wildlife that are visible to us although we cannot see them. The majority of today's understanding of kaidas comes from Dr. Deene. As the tale goes, he discovered the first kaida, a strange cub on hiking trip. Deciding to raise it, he unknowingly plunged himself into a century long war. In the Ultraviolet Spectrum where Lumalian creatures hail from, species are vastly becoming wiped out by a dominating creature. In an attempt to survive, kaidas have evolved and shifted colors, allowing us to see their offspring.

Dr. Deene, a veterinarian, became the leading expert in the Genus Kallidona, creating a bondage with Moros, the kaida he rescued. Kaidas who can now be seen cannot see ultraviolet light nor can ultraviolet kaidas see visible kaidas. As Deene later realized, Moros was not alone when he was first found but rather with his parents who had to constantly feel around for their cub. They would fill him with stories, current stories and news of the war which he later on relayed to Deene. Deene became an avid explorer, scouring the world for other kaidas and raising awareness. Eventually he passed painfully from pneumonia, causing Moros to go through the same process. Thus came their Specie Nexmori, bond and death. However, he issued a very clear warning before his death: The dominating species the kaidas are seeking refuge from will eventually cross over the visible spectrum.
Last edited by cheetah on Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
cheetah

Re: ♚ kaida adopts [ genus kallidona ] open

res
Last edited by cheetah on Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
cheetah

res
Last edited by cheetah on Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
cheetah

Postby cheetah » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:24 am

posting is open!
c:

★★★
      previously acinonyx/vyvara

cheetah

Re: ♚ kaida adopts — open

Postby WereW0lf » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:56 am

Marking! <3
Sanguine

As mysterious as the moon
Black cat bawling,
Moon dripping blood.

Hey there! I'm WereW0lf, you can just call me Were.
Always up for trading and chatting, feel free to send over a PM my way!
The new moon comes through
Stone wall to darken lighted room.

So stop time right here in the moonlight,
'Cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes.
Curently in
: Edgecliff Estate Drakeriders
ImageImage
WereW0lf

Postby Spookly » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:56 am

Username.

Kaida Number. 001
Kaida Name. Sarcelle
Kaida Gender. Female
Kaida Personality. She is very curious. She is still looking to find herself and her personality. She always loves to try new things. She has a fear of being stuck in a thunderstorm and she absolutely loves the company of others.

Haiku.
The wind blows quiet
Not a soul dare to speak up
The earth is silent
Last edited by Spookly on Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~ TBF
Spookly

Postby cheetah » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:50 am

First adopt is up! Good luck!

★★★
      previously acinonyx/vyvara

cheetah

Next

Return to Adoptables