What creative are you currently creating?

Discuss the creative works of various art forms, or post your artwork for critique.

What creative are you currently creating?

Postby Vazchu » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:48 am

Yeah, I know, some add what they're currently working with in their art galleries and such. But I thought it would be fun to perhaps have a thread were we all can show/say what we're currently working with. ^^

I for one am currently trying to finish a Rainbow Dash plush for a classmate. And I feel like I'm in too deep with that, because I had never once drawn a MLP character before I started with it, so I had a really hard time making the pattern and such for it. I still have quite a lot to make for it. Right now I'm working with the mane, I've finished half of it at least. And after that I only have to come up with a proper way to make that mark (cutie mark? Dunno what it's called, I'm not into MLP and has never been into it), eyes, nose and mouth, make and attach the wings, attach the mane and attach the head to the body. After that it's done even though it ain't all too pretty.
I tend to be rather good with making plushies, but this horse has been the hardest one I've ever made (and it will not even have all that many pattern pieces in the end ... the Spyro plush, which was the first real one I ever made, had more than three times as many pattern pieces than the horse, and I still deemed him as a rather easy plush to make). But the anatomy and the part that I don't know the first thing about MLP are probably to blame for my failure with it. Unfortunately I haven't photographed any WIP pictures of it, nor have a photograph of its current state. But I can try to get one when I've finished the mane (and perhaps someone who's into MLP, and especially Rainbow Dash, will see this and perhaps be so kind as to tell me if it looks good or not, lol).

Other than that I'm currently drawing this;
Which takes forever and no matter how hard I've been trying to make the fur semi-realistic I find it very hard with such dark shades. It's much easier with brown, for example. But this is ... I don't know. Hard. To say the least. And the anatomy is probably a tad off as well (me and using references, looool. I seriously need to start doing that if I'm ever going to grasp canine-like creatures). I don't even know if I'll be able to finish it in time, the tryout will be closed for judging three days from now, and I still have a lot of things I want to write and draw. /: And you see the timer, it's only off by a few minutes, so let's say that the nine minutes should be removed from how much time I've spent on the picture this far.

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.
Vazchu

Return to Art Discussion