Looking for critique and opinions on my art.

Discuss the creative works of various art forms, or post your artwork for critique.

Looking for critique and opinions on my art.

Postby radicalhat » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:25 pm

I know I am new here, and I don't even know if I should do this so soon after joining, but oh well. *shrugs*

I would enjoy opinions on my art. Keep in mind that I am not great and my art is in no means wonderful. So be a bit gentle with critique? But It's still necessary for me to improve. Saying what you like about it as well would help a lot too.
I would also like to know if my art would be good enough to sell on here? I'm nervous about doing that since all the artists on here are SO good.

Here are my current best works I would like opinions on.

(I do know that the ear is messed up, though. No need to mention that. )

So, opinions? What could I improve? What am I doing right? Is my art good enough to maybe sell on here?

Thank you for reading!
radicalhat

Re: Looking for critique and opinions on my art.

Postby Lailic » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:49 pm

You're art is good! There is always room to improve even if you have something down pact. So if you want to improve start doing art studies! They are so much fun and definitely help in developing skills. You can't do anything wrong in art. It's art, its freedom of expression, creating something in your own image. Personally I don't buy art very often ^^" But if you want to sell art on here then do it! If it's what you want to do go for it! haha
Commissions wrote: Currently closed till farther notice

I love you, Avril L. wrote:I like your smile
I like your vibe
I like your style
But that's not why I love you

Lailic wrote:Pronounced: Lay-Lick
Mood: Happy (:
Preferred Pronoun: She/Her

The Sane One The Interesting one The Secretive one The Sassiest One The Quiet one

Lailic

Postby jezarae » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:28 pm

I think your art is great!

Hmm I'll add a tiny criique.

Your anatomy is very spot on. Your art is proportional and flows. I see you have some experience with shading and I find that's always the hardest part. I think your art would look even better if you worked on it and add more detail like fur-texture .

As the poster above me said, the only way to get better is to practice!

And you even know how to animate! Which I have been too nervous to try...
jezarae

Postby Zrcalo » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:40 am

You've got some really great dynamic poses going on! Really good grasp on toony style and a fine perspective grasp.
I think probably the best course to take next would be learning how to apply structure to paws. It'll add that extra oomph to the piece. It might also be best to branch out and explore how to draw hands in some more complex angles.

I think the next thing also would be to tackle backgrounds and play around with color and reflected lighting.
I know I always had fun with that.

Otherwise keep going strong with those poses man!
ImageImageImage
Zrcalo

Return to Art Discussion