Now Hiring- New Mods and Archivist

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

Re: Now Hiring- New Mods and Archivist

Postby musette » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:20 pm

-Moderator Application-

Name: Chateau

Description: Hi there! As I'm sure you can see, I've recently joined the Eldemore community, and I'd love to help out here by becoming a mod. I have what i think is a great understanding of Eldemore's rules, given that most if not all of them are simple to understand and based on common sense. I have a grasp on all the forum rules, and generally check over them once a week for updates and the like. I also adequately understand how to navigate the faq section of the site as well. As an avid roleplayer on many other communities, I understand all of the basic roleplaying rules, as well as Eldemore's specific rules regarding roleplaying. Navigating the forums here is extremely easy, and as a coder I could help members with many different types of coding problems as well.

How can i help? I was originally a moderator for the sss warrior cats proboards fan-site. The site back then used BBC coding, and so I learned to understand that fairly well during my time there. I've modded on a couple of other sites, co-admined with a friend of mine on her forum, and along the way I've owned a couple of my own roleplaying sites as well. At this point in time, I am one of four admins on a warrior cats roleplay site known as SSS The New Generation. [username chateau] I've been an admin for about three years now [admin position was transferred over from our old site], and due to years of coding practice I've become the sites main coder along with being an admin. As an admin/coder on SSSTNG, I do a great many things such as greet new members, move threads to the right sub-forums, and help solve disputes between users when they may arise.

What can i do? Well, as I've said a couple of times in the above paragraph, I can do a great deal of things using BBC coding. I'm an understanding person, though I tend to have a very straight-forward, no-nonsense personality. I'm very nice [at least that's what I've been told] and I genuinely like to help others when they need it. I try to make any situation/environment I'm in positive [this goes for the real world as well] and I tend to be a bit of a people pleaser. I want to make everyone happy, and will try to do so for all parties involved. Due to modding/admining for many years, I've developed the much needed ability to see a situation from many different points of view, and am always the person that checks and rechecks things to be sure i'm right before giving any information to others.

Extra? Currently I live in central time [UTC -6]. I can't be online 24/7, due to school, theater, and tennis. However, I try to step in during school hours on my phone whenever I get the chance. I have some knowledge in phpBB coding, but I have a bit to learn as I've never worked as staff on a phpBB coded forum.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
YOU SHOULD KNOW
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
hello there, i'm musette but feel free to call
me muse! i'm one of the moderators here o
n eld, here to help and assist you in any po
ssible way! if you ever have any questions,
concerns, or are in need of a friendly chat,
feel free to pm me! .for help, click the links!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
THAT YOURE TOXIC
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
musette

Postby maddyoll » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:42 pm

-Moderator Application-

Name:
    Maddyoll

Description:
    After reading thoroughly through this site's rules, I have favorited all of them for later use. My prior expierence in moderating things haven't been at a level such as this, only in smaller topics and websites I have created myself (now inactive). In creating my own websites I have some experience in phpBB forums and read a lot on the guide here. I mainly use BB code but I have used html many times before for tumblr layouts and a different adopt site (marapets). I really hope you consider me for this position, as I do have the free time to do it! ^^

Extra:
    Thank you for this opportunity! I live in EST and so I'm usually active from 5 am (when I get up for school) to about 11:30 pm, though I may be inactive for 5-6 hours in between. (So on average I spend about 7-8 hours online per day.)
Vespa
♥ first pet ♥
maddyoll

Postby alliure » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:07 am

Oh that age limit cx
Anyways~ I can't wait for the new archivist and mods ^u^
alliure

Postby kyojuro rengoku » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:57 pm

-Moderator Application-

Name:

Hello all, I'm britishcoffee!

Description:

In the past 6 months I've been here, I've learned much of the Eldemorian lore. I read all the rules, and understand them all. I have made quite a few small phpBB sites, using stuff like prophpbb to make sites. Though they never really worked, I learned a lot on how to navigate around and help. I am very experienced with navigating around forums. I know how to fix some stuff with technology, and I know how to work BBCode. I have much extra time that I don't know what to do with!

I can speak French, Spanish, some German, some Irish (Celtic), and Latin. My first language is, of course, English, though.

Extra:

Thank you for this opportunity! I look forward to what happens in the future of Eldemore!
Last edited by kyojuro rengoku on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxImage
xxxmy name is rat || she/they || nb lesbian
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxtwitter||cosplay ig||ao3
kyojuro rengoku

Postby Magnus » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:38 pm

Almost old enough. So close yet so far. I understand where the age limits comes from, though. Good luck to everyone who enters!
Magnus

Postby Mavric » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:49 pm

-Moderator Application-

Name:
Mavric

Description:
Since this site is basically like Chicken Smoothie(And I do believe that CS is Eldemore's father site) I know how to navigate this site very well. I am a very fast learner when it comes to computers so if there is anything I happen to have missed out on somehow I will learn it quickly. I Have a very slow temper and I have a very level head so that I will be able to handle anything. I have read and memorized the site rules and read terms of use. I am quickly learning trading, and everything else about this site. I believe that I would be a great contribution to your team since I also have a lot of free time and have been known as a very eager worker!

Extra:
I am decently fluent in German, Spanish, English, and French, so I would be able to help users whom only speak those languages as well
News from Mavi wrote:I am doing ok, some days it feels hard but I know
I am not alone. I know there is so much more to
Learn and there is so much more to see, so hopefully
life goes better this time, hope is all we've got at
the end of the day. I am always willing to lend an
ear and an open heart to those who need it. We
are all strong in our own way.
we've got this! c:
ImageImageImage
Mavric

Postby Undertale » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:11 pm

Only one more year and I could apply

Giving a bump to this thread, as well as a good luck to everyone who is applying.
{{status: trading all pets for art and flight rising stuff
{{goal: to trade my pets to good homes
Undertale

Postby Arowana » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:02 pm

-Moderator Application-

Name: Arowana

Description: Before I really commit my time into a site, I like to get a good understanding of the rules, policies, or other information needed to know to ensure the values of the staff and community. I believe I have a very good understanding of all I need to know to become a moderator. As for my experience with phpBB forums, I have joined many from fish forums, to pet adoptable forums, etc. who used this system, and so I know pretty much all the ins and outs of phpBB forums.

I have experience in moderating, one of my major past jobs including a roleplay site called Warrior Cats RPG. I started as what you guys would know as a general helper, then moved up to a moderator and moderated for probably about a year before retiring my job and joining other forums. I have dealt with a countless amount of drama and 'trolls' and although Warrior Cats RPG was not a phpBB forum, I believe it improved my knowledge in moderating all kinds of forums.

I believe this community is welcoming and kind, and I'd love to be a part of the team that keep all these awesome members happy. I'm ready for all challenges the moderating job comes with for the sake of Eldemore and I'd love the opportunity to do so.

Extra: Thank you for considering my application!
currently hoarding these pygmy drakes! Send me over a trade, I'm looking for lots!
Arowana

Postby Yaksha Corlere » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:51 pm

-Moderator Application-

Name: (Please only submit your username here.)
Tinnuvari

Description: Though I am fairly new to Eldemore, I learn quickly, and have picked up on a lot of the lore, the pets, and the rarity system. I have minor experience with phBB forums, though my experience with other forum hosts, and sites in general, is extensive. I know (basic) CSS and HTML coding. I also have a great amount of experience with crowd control. I really do not care what the populous thinks of my decisions, I had a viable reason to make them and will stand by it. That being said, I tend to be a rather friendly person, despite my tendencies to 'lurk' rather than post in a conversation. Of course, I am not afraid to step in should I feel the need to. (Or should an issue arise if I am a staff member to the particular site I am looking at)

Extra:I am not versed in any languages outside of English, but I do learn quickly and can learn if it is required of me. I am in the Central Standard Timezone, and have a bit of a habit of being on (And checking on) sites such as Eldemore, literally whenever I am near anything with internet (I have an internet enabled phone, so that is every time I have a spare moment) . I am a very organized person when it comes to matters that I, or someone else, would find important, and have the ability to either be relaxed or very formal within the same time frame. I tend to be a rather unbiased person, and will solve issues to the best of my ability. I don't make rash decisions, and think through the options that I will have, including the outcomes of each choice if I have the time to think on a choice.

Thank you for this opportunity. ^^

If you have any questions about my form, feel free to contact me. As far as the communities I have been a staff member in, I would ask you PM me for that list as well.
Yaksha Corlere

Postby Archer » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:05 am

-Moderator Application-

Name:
Archer

Description:
Upon first joining the site, I familiarized myself with the Terms of Service as well as the various rules. While they are easy enough to remember, I do refresh myself on them every so often so that I know I am not forgetting anything as well as to check for updates and changes. For the most part the rules and ToS are similar enough to other online sites that transitioning is quite simple and seamless.

As well, I am aware of all important topics that users, especially new players, will need during their time here as well as where to locate them. So directing users to the appropriate threads takes little time and helps to improve the overall user experience.

In regards to helping new users, I enjoy helping people in general. This includes anything from simply answering questions, to offering advice, to simply lending an ear. Helping new users can be especially rewarding, as you can help that person become accustomed to the site by providing them with information whether through links or by simply answering their questions and just generally making them feel comfortable. This first experience for a new user is often part of their decision of whether or not to stay on the site, and the more positive I can make that experience, the better. In turn, these users can go on to become more experienced members of the community which will benefit the site as well as contribute to the positive atmosphere of Eldemore.

I do have previous experience moderating, though the majority is limited to smaller sites and forum thread mini-modding. As well, I have experience owning smaller role play sites where I served as one of few moderators if not the only one. As I started this at a young age, I learned a lot quickly and it has proven to have been beneficial in my ability to handle peer mediation. While these sites were not nearly the size of Eldemore, they contained close-knit communities where matters had to be handled with care.

I do not have prior experience with the phpBB moderator tools or any of the behind-the-scenes aspects of phpBB; however, I have over five years of experience with phpBB forums and am a quick-learner so it would not take long to get an understanding of how everything works. As I am currently studying computer science, I do have knowledge in areas such as the Python, Java, and C languages, basic understanding of machine code and assembly language, and basic experience designing websites via HTML and CSS. Various aspects from these topics can be taken and used to better understand and quickly learn new computer-related concepts, I've found.

Extra:
I currently run on Mountain Standard Time for half of the year, and Central Standard Time during the remainder of the year. The only language I am fluent in is English. While I do not post as frequently as others, I spend many hours a day online and browse through the forums at least once a day so I'm aware of most threads and many of the active members of the community.

In general, I am a very patient person who enjoys helping others. I have real life experience working as a part of a team and in mentoring or assisting others when they are in need of help either academically or emotionally as well as minor experience with peer mediation.

I am currently in the application process for a job as an advisor within my residence community. I was selected alongside forty of my peers from a much larger pool of applicants for the interview process which has now concluded and we are awaiting the results. This job was recommended to me by my current and previous floor advisors as well as by our building manager. The job itself entails a great deal of peer mediation as, if selected, I would be in charge of 40-90 students either by myself or with a partner and we would be responsible for dealing with complaints and emergencies as well as running events and just generally helping the students on our floor. I felt this was important to mention, as, in my opinion, it is more relevant and current than my previous online moderating experience.

Hello! :)
If you have any questions
or concerns, or just
want to chat, feel free to
PM me.

Important Links and
Threads

Guides & Tutorials

To watch and protect.

Image Image Image
Archer
Global Moderator