New Site Development Update - January 25, 2021

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

Re: New Site Development Update - January 25, 2021

Postby Trick Or' Treat » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:54 pm

I joined just before the close (I think) and I forgot my login until today ): I'm glad to see this update. I have been wondering if Eldemore is still being renovated or if the project was abandoned. I honestly thought it might have been abandoned because I found out about this site on a different pet website and they said it got abandoned, but I was always looking in this site for updates. I was stalking this website since I joined but hadn't logged in.

How long do you think it'll be until the site is up? I'd love to see new pets and see this community active once more (though I joined when no one came online, or so I think.)
Trick Or' Treat

Postby Salem » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:11 pm

I think it'll be years, if at all. I only check here because I'm just used to it being in my hotbar and I haven't removed it. I think the sites fallen too much into disrepair for it to get going again without extensive work. The devs never really come online anymore, and their work on the backend is sluggish. While once the main overhaul of the site is done that would free a ton of time for other things, but I think so much time has passed since the hiatus started that there would probably need to be an overhaul of moderators and artists. I'm sure not all of them are still around at this point. That's even more work on Zayins plate, which it seems like he just doesn't have the time for anymore. Which is a shame, but it happens. And thats not even touching the issues like the loss of userbase trust. It would take a lot for Eld to come back, and I don't know if it can do so, loathe as I am to admit it. I love Eld, but I don't think there's any coming back from this.
Salem

Postby Andromeda » Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:55 pm

Hey ya'll! Been a couple weeks, just checkin in <3
Andromeda

Postby // kzry » Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:26 am

spooky month yet again!
// kzry

Postby Akronite » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:25 am

im so glad to see that there are still people checking in here, it's still the first thing on my bookmarks bar so I log in at least once a month to see if there's anything new, and appreciate the gorgeous pet art. I miss this place so much, I hope everyone is doing well!! it's sad to think that elde has now been inactive for pretty much as long as it was active...

I understand that life is busy and exhausting and overwhelming and throws unexpected things at you, but I wish the admins would post any kind of public announcement regarding the development/state of the site.
Developing any kind of game or website is a massive undertaking and I'm sure the community here would be more than understanding of that, but the radio silence for literal years has been so disappointing, and I don't think playing Chinese whispers with elde staff members that are still in contact with with the admins on discord is really any kind of acceptable substitute for an actual announcement/update. I guess I feel a bit foolish for even daring to hope that it will ever return at this point (even though i still really do hope it make a comeback somehow) I invested so much into this site, it was basically my entire life during the time it was running. If it ever shows signs of stirring again I'll be here with bells on but idk it's definitely frustrating

anyway, happy halloween for later this month ❤ (I'm definitely missing the all hallow's eve events rn haha)
Last edited by Akronite on Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akronite

Postby LLHBBB » Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:09 pm

Akronite wrote:
im so glad to see that there are still people checking in here, it's still the first thing on my bookmarks bar so I log in at least a month to see if there's anything new, and appreciate the gorgeous pet art. I miss this place so much, I hope everyone is doing well!! it's sad to think that elde has now been inactive for pretty much as long as it was active...

I understand that life is busy and exhausting and overwhelming and throws unexpected things at you, but I wish the admins would post any kind of public announcement regarding the development/state of the site.
Developing any kind of game or website is a massive undertaking and I'm sure the community here would be more than understanding of that, but the radio silence for literal years has been so disappointing, and I don't think playing Chinese whispers with elde staff members that are still in contact with with the admins on discord is really any kind of acceptable substitute for an actual announcement/update. I guess I feel a bit foolish for even daring to hope that it will ever return at this point (even though i still really do hope it make a comeback somehow) I invested so much into this site, it was basically my entire life during the time it was running. If it ever shows signs of stirring again I'll be here with bells on but idk it's definitely frustrating

anyway, happy halloween for later this month ❤ (I'm definitely missing the all hallow's eve events rn haha)

Well put & I completely agree!!!
Not trading while the site is down - Sorry.

Image 7/4/16
LLHBBB

Postby // kzry » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:27 am

^^^ seconded!
very well put thoughts
// kzry

Postby FoxFlame » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:29 pm

Akronite wrote:
im so glad to see that there are still people checking in here, it's still the first thing on my bookmarks bar so I log in at least once a month to see if there's anything new, and appreciate the gorgeous pet art. I miss this place so much, I hope everyone is doing well!! it's sad to think that elde has now been inactive for pretty much as long as it was active...

vey well put, totally agree. I always feel a bit meloncholy around october checking in, the all hallows eve event used to be my favorite of the year, so many great memories
ImageFoxFlame

I STILL CHECK IN OFTEN, FEEL FREE TO SEND A TRADE OR MESSAGE!
FoxFlame

Postby .Patches. » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:47 am

Holy OLD!!
I didn't hear about this site being closed until 2020, but was never able to figure out my info and completely forgot this place existed until tonight. Crazy to see it so desolate when I remember the forums being very active.
I hope everyone enjoys the upcoming holidays, and hope that when/if I remember this site in another few months, or even years, it's back up.
ImageJiinglerothion Image Image
Image Image
Was rummaging through my pets and figured I'd share some cuties while I was here, I've missed out on a bunch but I'm happy I was here to experience some of this site<3
.Patches.

Postby // kzry » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:50 am

OMG THEMMM they so cute sdfsdlfjsdf
i miss so many of these fellas
// kzry

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements