Now Hiring- Artist Applications!

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

Now Hiring- Artist Applications!

Postby Benathorn » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:37 pm

- Become a part of the Eldemore Artist team -
(Create official site pets, get to know the staff, and add your talent to the world of Eld!)

Hello everyone, I would like to address that recently we have had one of our artists step down due to personal issues, and another who is currently unable to create pets at the moment. Though we thank them both for their services and wish them well, we are also left with only a few artists to aid us in our monthly adopts currently and are in need of more team members to create official pets for Eldemore.

We are looking for a few new artists to join our team, and will give everyone ample time to fill out applications. Most of the same rules from the last artist job posting will apply to this one, but be sure to read through them before applying. Some things have been added or changed.

Simply fill out the form to the best of your abilities and I will review all applications that are submitted here at the end of the month. We can't wait to have more wonderful members join and help us build this site and look forward to all your great works of art!

Now on to the applications: We are searching for just a few artists to be added to our team this round. Our requirements for such will be very specific and forms will be found below to give more detail on what we are looking for in both artistic ability and quality of work.

We will only be taking applications from April 25th through May 15th. This should give everyone enough time to turn in their forms and ask us questions if need be. We may also extend the time if not enough apps are sent in or meet the requirements. A few days after all applications are submitted, we shall review and inform everyone of who we have chosen. We look forward to having new additions to our artist team. Thank you all for your wonderful support for our site! <3

Requirements:

- You must have ample time to devote to both the art and the site. This is the number one requirement. Do not apply if you believe you would be unable to do this! We understand very well the pressures of life, work, and school, so we ask that you do not strain yourself if you know you will be busy. Remember, real life comes first, but also understand that you are joining a team of other artists and staff that will rely heavily on your support and art for the site.

- You must be 16 years or older.

- You must have been a member of Eldemore for at least a month or more, and in good standing.

- You must know the species you will be working on and a bit of the lore behind them. It will not do to join our team and not know what a Liger, Elkrin, or any other creatures here are.

- You must have Photoshop CS3 or higher, FireAlpaca, or SAI (free program). Any other form of art program just means extra work on our part, as you must be able to open, edit, and save PSD files with no issues. There will be no exceptions to this.

- Any sort of experience with other pet adoptable sites or art sites in general should be stated within your form. We would love to have an experienced artist join us to help with our more larger event projects and the like.

- Please fill out all parts of the form to the best of your abilities. If you have any questions please PM either me or Jendalie.

- All forms must be submitted here on this thread for review and qualification for the current position.

Code: Select all
[b]Eldemore Artist Application:[/b]

[b]Name:[/b] (Only your Eldemore site username should be placed here.)

[b]Examples:[/b] (attachments and/or links of your works of art.)

[b]Former Experience:[/b] (Worked as a pet artist/designer before?)

[b]Do you agree to devote a steady amount of time to being an artist for this site?[/b] (Please state how many hours a day and how many days a week you visit this site on average. If you are not active or have limited time to offer please do not apply.)

[b]Do you know the Eldemore species and lore?[/b] (To be an artist here you must know what species you will be working with and have an interest in the lore and the site itself.)

[b]Why do you wish to join our team?[/b] (Please state what has inspired you to join as an official Eldemore artists and why.)

[b]Extra:[/b] (Any extra information that you would like to add? Any other experience or information you need to share?)
Benathorn
Administrator

Re: Now Hiring- Artist Applications!

Postby Silverfang » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:41 pm

Just wanted to ask...

Last time Artist applications came around, you asked for one but took in a handful. Is it only going to be two or three this time, or more?

[EDIT: Changed the 'and' to a 'but.' I'm such an English freak.]
Last edited by Silverfang on Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me, for my dreams.

You, for your dreams.
Silverfang

Postby Benathorn » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:54 pm

Silverfang wrote:Just wanted to ask...

Last time Artist applications came around, you asked for one and took in a handful. Is it only going to be two or three this time, or more?

We are not stating specifically how many we need this time besides just a few. It may be anywhere from two to three artists that we are looking to take in, but for the most part it depends on the applications we receive and how many we feel we would like to have join us once we review them.
Benathorn
Administrator

Postby wolfmii » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:16 pm

yay im excited to see more people become artists :3

in the mean time if you need help, dont hesitate to ask!
Always looking to trade so i can complete my collection!!

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR BETA!

Sites i visit!
flightrising
Alacrity
petadoptables
wajas
aywas
chickensmoothie
verpets
wolfmii

Postby LunaHydreigon » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:39 pm

Eldemore Artist Application:

Name:
LunaHydreigon

Examples:
More at - http://lunahydreigon.deviantart.com/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Former Experience:
Does owning a successful Art Shop on Chickensmoothie answer this. x3

Do you agree to devote a steady amount of time to being an artist for this site?
Yes I agree! I am online all week. I can manage my homework and doing art requests/commissions at the same time. On Weekdays I have time after school from 3:45 - 6:00 and then on weekends; Almost all day long. :) When school ends I am online all day like the weekends. :)

Do you know the Eldemore species and lore?
Yes I do! I'd like to work on making designing on all of them.
    Rune Dragons are friend small dragons that live with many people in Eldemore. The creatures have a rune mark on their wings with a bit of magic within them in which is shared among their Rune Bearers.
Rune Drakes are quite larger than Rune Dragons but are also deadly. Sadly these mythical beings are always being stolen as an egg or killed for greed. There are quite few gentle Bearers who own them enough to make them great allies.
    Ancients are like the Runes but quite big! They are very rare in sight because they usually disguise themselves as humans until they can find a summoner to be with and share their powerful magic with.

Elkrins are half deer and half dragon but are nearly extinct. These deer are hoping to imprint with humans to save their race. They do hold some magic but not as much as the Runes and Ancients.

Glasswork Dragons are very small dragons, as big as a dragonfly in fact. They are the Masters of Arts and scarfs of metal and glass and so help smiths. Though these small beings may fight for their own needs if necessary.
Dire Wolves are two tailed furious wolves who have a rivalry with the Ligers and makes Elkrins nervous from their sight. These wolves were fight for their Warden and are very loyal. They give Wardens magical spells that can be casts.
    Ligers are very powerful and intelligent creatures who have better magical powers than the Runes! These creatures can speak using their magic but are very haughty and 'claim' their Keepers as their's. Though they tend to stay in the mountains.
Sea Servals are medium sized felines with an eye for a skillful thief or rogue. These cats despise dire wolves and most likely keep their stolen treasure for themselves.
    Finally Otterlings are otters with a forked tail, since the site doesn't seem to have much info on them. Thy are most likely skillful swimmers and very playful.

Eldemore is a land of Eld in which many people live and thrive with the creatures but not all the creatures are known in the area though slowly thy are being discovered.

Why do you wish to join our team?
I would like to help out Eldemore besides being a member and trying to spread the news of Eldemore because it's a great website and I'd like to help even more by making people happy to 'find' and adopt these cute to keep and treasure forever. :) Also Eldemore is a great site and the pets are fantastic, I'd like to add my own ideas to help out. ^^

Extra:
My art is very satisfying to many people, especially on Chickensmoothie and Deviantart. ^^ No customer never left with a complaint!
The programs I use are Gimp and Paint Sai, though I am using Paint Sai for drawing and Gimp for adding a few touches like filters. They both support PSD files and can open them. :)
I'm a person who also gets along with people very well. ^^

There is something else I wanted to add but it slips out of my mind before I catch it. >.< I'll edit it in when I catch the thought! ^^;
Last edited by LunaHydreigon on Sun May 11, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.

--------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage
Founder of Choro-Q Universe | July 16 | Proud Artist
"To Watch & Protect"
~Necro-Plazam, God of Plasma~
--------------------------------------------------------
LunaHydreigon

Postby gunpowder. » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:45 pm

Name:
gunpowder.

Examples:
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/i ... 1398518994
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/i ... 1397428029
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/i ... 1397399886
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/i ... 1397361366
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/i ... 1397274534
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/i ... 1397260063
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/i ... 1396829084

Former Experience:
on chickensmoothie I run an adoptables called Prism keepers. I have been artists and GA's for plenty other species.

Do you agree to devote a steady amount of time to being an artist for this site?
i do. i would start visiting this site more often as i already have been, and i'm sure i could make a bunch of whatever you like. <33

well yes I do. ouo

well cupcake.doge is a good friend of mine haha and she thought i should try <33 love this site, too; i figured it'd be fun.

Extra:
well i just would like to say i'm not hard to get along with at all!<33
gunpowder.

Postby kiel » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:26 pm

Name:
Hello! Nice to meet you! My name is Silverstar

Examples:
Designs and CS
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=1922529&size=75&format=auto&rev=1398314966
(Only design belongs to me)
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=1917555&size=75&format=auto&rev=1397881574
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=1907557&size=75&format=auto&rev=1397186134
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=1884553&size=75&format=auto&rev=1394858933
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=1885805&size=75&format=auto&rev=1395266469
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=1916496&size=large&format=auto&rev=1397796763

~Edited to add more art pieces~

Traditional Art
http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/242/f/1/awesome_wolfie_edited_by_silverstarredwall-d6ke472.jpg
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/242/8/0/awesome_squirrley_edited_by_silverstarredwall-d6ke460.jpg
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/242/1/2/awesome_mergansers_by_silverstarredwall-d6ke44t.jpg
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/243/3/8/awesome_bar_headed_goose_by_silverstarredwall-d6ke004.jpg

Digitals using paint program
http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2014/108/a/d/entry_transparent_by_silverstarredwall-d7ez915.png

Former Experience:
I currently own an artshop and a design shop, and I can keep up with both of them. I have worked at an adoptable site before and have experience as staff in more than 4 different sites. I am also a designer in multiple places in real life, and worked(and still working!) as artist in countless CS adopt threads.

Yes, no doubt. I am completely devoted to this site and I would not leave it behind. I can log on every day and can work on art at least three times a week, for about 4-6 hours each time, and occasionally I can be seen for 10 hours throughout the day, when I don't have much to do. I spend most of my time dsigning and drawing, which is why I am only seen for around 2-7 hours at a time. I will step down as artist in my CS threads and fully devote my time to Eldemore.

Eldemore's amazing species and lore have captured my attention since I joined the site during it's beginning. I am fascinated in every one of it's inhabitants, from the beautiful elkrin to the powerful Ancients to the majestic Sleipnir. To be able to expand on the wonderful creatures on this site would be an amazing experience.

From what I know of Eldemore's species(I read every detail of the description):
Rune Dragons are dragons that bear rune marks on their wings that have magic within them. They share this magic with their Rune Bearers, people who are paired up with these friendly dragons.

Rune Drakes are larger than Rune Dragons, and do not often pair themselves up with a Rune Bearer. They constantly are against people, and only those who raise a Rune Drake from an egg may form a bond with them. Rune Drakes are being killed and their eggs stolen to hatch by man, and this has driven a deep crevasse between the two beings. However, if a Rune Drake is recovered and raised with kindness and trust, the Rune Drake forms an unbreakable bond with their bearer.

Ancients resemble Runes to a certain point, but are different through their vast power and abilities. Ancients are undetectable in human form to the untrained eye, but wisps of their true form still appear through their eyes and markings. Ancients will seek a summoner, who will be either blessed or cursed by the Ancient. The Ancient can then filter their power through their summoner.

Elkrin are the elegant and beautiful steeds that once roamed in large numbers across the land of Eldemore. But sadly, most have vanished from these mythical lands. Although not as powerful as the Runes and Ancients, like all other creatures in Eldemore they posses a small bit of Eldemore's magic in them. Elkrin bond differently than Runes and Ancients do. Instead of having a Bearer or a Summoner, Elkrin bond by imprinting, or allowing a rider to mount the Elkrin. A series of races called the Elkrin Rider Race took place once, when the Elkrin roamed Eldemore in vast numbers.

Glasswork dragons are delicate creatures about the size of a dragonfly. They live in homes they build by weaving metal into small "houses" called pocket watches. Though they are very small, these creatures are very independent, and will fight for what is theirs. Glasswork dragons are excellent glass workers and smiths, using their fire to spin glass or craft tiny armor suits, which they wear. A Glasswork dragon chooses their paths; some may wish to stay in their workshops, and some will venture into the vast lands of Eldemore.

Dire Wolves are two-tailed creatures with a massive amount of destructive power. They despise the Ligers, but welcome the Runes and their Bearers. Dire Wolves bond with a human called a Warden, and are fiercely loyal to them. Dire Wolves are so loyal that they would die for their warden, but not before accomplishing their goal.

Ligers can only be seen at the Keeper monastery, and a very proud member of the felines. They are very proud and hold great power in their paws. A Liger seeks only one Keeper in their lifetime, and stay with them forever. Like Elkrins, a Liger's power can alter the appearance of their Keeper, thus granting them sharper senses and a slightly feline look.

Sea Servals, like Ligers, are also a part of the feline family. However these dog-sized cats are master thieves and robbers. They have the agility to escape nearly anything, and expect their "chosen" human to be at the same level they are on. They are rather self-centered sometimes, and probably won't share their treasure with you. They also deeply despise Dire Wolves, and are known for their "escape artist" skills.

Every one of these species with their unique habits and ideas has been truly amazing to discover and see. Whether it is the noble Ligers, the mystical Ancients, the hardworking Glassworks, or the sly servals, they all had a personality portrayed in the expressions and positions of the Eldemore pets.

I have a fascination with mythical creatures, I draw and study them in my free time, and I have a deep interest in them. I also enjoy drawing very much, and why not use those skills for a cause better than having no reason? I have lots of faith in Eldemore, and I have been trading away and semi-quitting CS for these amazing creatures. To be able to work with the friendly and talented staff would be amazing; I am sure everyone has a special talent to be shared with everyone. I believe that when working with others like you every artist learns from the others, and is inspired by the specific talents and abilities of the others around them. I am very easy to work with and get along well with new members, showing them around, introducing new topics to them, and such. There is nothing better than the feeling of helping out, whether by drawing pets for Eldemore or pointing the path for new members. I have much more time to spend online than I need, and I am flexible and agreeable. I can easily work around new obstacles and difficulties, having experienced a lot while working at various design places. Being positive and having belief in this site and everything in it is something I excel at. I am the kind of person that is focused on what I am assigned to do, and do it to the very best of my abilities, however tough it may be. I am the positive kind of person that is friendly to everyone and makes friends easily. Efficiency is one of my talents, and I work my hardest and do the very best I can on whatever I am doing, whenever I am doing it.

Extra:
I use the paint tools SAI and FireAlpaca, and I do have a version of PS, only it may be an older version. Thank you for this opportunity to become a part of the wonderful Eldemore team and to be able to watch and help the site grow in its years to come!
Last edited by kiel on Thu May 01, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kiel

Postby Ezai » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:20 pm

Name: Ezai

Examples:
My digital art examples. these are Equid (wild mountain equids) a species that belongs to Horsy1050 on Chickensmoothie and each design owned by the respective owners of the equids:
http://i.imgur.com/fye1DKz.png
http://i.imgur.com/roSFalb.png
http://i.imgur.com/6yMYGtG.png
https://i.imgur.com/eMmHtFR.png

My art traditional:
https://i.imgur.com/2lXSxww.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BciaMQp.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/EurU83N.jpg

Other peoples adoptable species on Chickensmoothie designed by me:

Volocara (owned by Mythic and Caneage):
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=2181598
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=2181720
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=2253919

Ainokoes (lines owned by Kimimaru, run by Schainukan):
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=2231329
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=2180718

Kallos (owned by Night.):
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=2190181
Unoffical non posted Kallos contest entries:
http://i.imgur.com/Yb0JYWo.png
http://i.imgur.com/NQVDNGk.png

Former Experience:

My former experience includes being involved as an artiest on two Chickensmoothie adoptables (Volcaras and Ainokoes). I've also done art here and there for people of their own characters, for competitions or for myself.

I fully agree to devote time and effort into being an artist on this site. My life when it comes to time is almost limitless as i have nothing too overbearing on my schedule. I easily spend hours on many sites doing nothing but scrolling around and reading. I easily spend on average 3 to maybe 4 hours spread out through the day here almost every day just scrolling through topics, trying to finish my collection and looking at the pets. aside from exams (which i only have one) my time is almost completely free.

I do know about the species and lore of Eldemore. one of the things about this site that first grabbed me other then the pets was the lore and story lines about the different creatures you can adopt. From the ancients to the otterlings and rune dragons, each one interests me and made me want to learn more about them.

I have more free time then i'd like to have. This allows me to spend a lot of time doing random things such as playing online games, taking art orders and even scrolling through a website for hours. I have more then enough time to waste that i believe could be used more productively here. Part of my want to help out as an artist comes from knowing one who works here and seeing all the creativity every artist here has. From the cool complicated designs to the wonderful and charming simple ones. Not only are the pet lines and concepts awesome and interesting, they often give me more ideas for different designs then adoptable on any other sites. Art for me is also a form of therapy, allowing me to cope with the stressful things of my life, which means i spend a lot of time just randomly doodling. Putting those doodles and even designs out there for others to enjoy would honestly, make me really happy.

Extra:
The programs i use mainly is Sai but i do also have a version of photoshop. I'm someone who works hard on what is assigned to them and i'm fairly easy to get along with. at least i think so. There is however something that i would wish to inform you about in private if i were to be picked as an artist. It is something i can easily work around and wouldn't affect the amount of designs and quality of them but it is something that i believe you and the staff should be aware of. However, it is something i want kept private and not brought up freely on here. Thank you for the opportunity^^
Last edited by Ezai on Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Always looking for wishlist pets.
Dragcave Scroll
Ezai

Postby Sentoki » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:20 am

When you say that we must be a member for a month or more, do you mean from the time you start the applications (April 26) or can we apply if we meet the month of joining any time within the accepted time period for applications?
Art by Zizan-Chan on deviantart

Art by Zizan-Chan on deviantart
Sentoki

Postby Benathorn » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:27 am

Sentoki wrote:When you say that we must be a member for a month or more, do you mean from the time you start the applications (April 26) or can we apply if we meet the month of joining any time within the accepted time period for applications?

Once you are member for a full month you may submit your application. As long as it is before May 15th and you've been a member for four weeks, you meet those requirements.
Benathorn
Administrator

Next

Return to Announcements