General Helper Applications #2

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

Re: General Helper Applications #2

Postby W o n d e r l a n d ; ; » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:44 pm

Name: W o n d e r l a n d ; ;

Timezone: I am currently in Eastern Standard Time.

Description: Since my joining this site roughly five months ago, I have read the Eld lore countless times. I enjoy helping others, and have had limited experience on Chicken Smoothie for some time. I would always look for new members and give them a couple pets, as well as welcome them to the site. I am very familiar with the sites layout, having previously been on CS. I am a social person that loves chatting with others, as well as helping along the way. ^^
    I am extremely active on eldemore, having switched from CS to here. Most days I can be on 6 plus hours, often staying up well past 2 A.M. in my timezone. I can answer any questions about the sites rules, being a rule guru myself. I do not actively participate in many trades myself, but I have a great sense for what a fair trade would be, and how to work the system. I do keep up with the glitches that people post, and try to think of answers to why they may have occurred. I always anticipate new updates to this website, and have enjoyed watching it grow and improve since I had joined.

Extra: In my own personal life, I do volunteer at multiple different places. I offer help to a soup kitchen every Saturday morning, and that is the only time I wont get on. I also am a helper at a horse riding academy for disability children every other Wednesday afternoon I can do. I am practically bulletproof, and it is virtually impossible to anger one like myself. I am used to many questions from concerned parents, and have dealt with almost all types of people out there. I am always available in PMs, and check any recent ones I get. I always reply immediately, regardless of what I may be doing at the time.
    Being a GH here would mean so much to me, knowing I can help others learn the ways of this amazing site. I would also like to wish everyone else good luck! ^^ And thank you for this great opportunity.
Thou art not lost, weary traveler;
For the way lies only beyond your sights.
Go, go now--your fate awaits;
but beware, the predator of death prowls the gates.
-me

If you need any help with getting around Eldemore, don't hesitate to Pm me~ ^^
W o n d e r l a n d ; ;

Postby HornedDragon » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:39 am

Name:
Horneddragon

Timezone:
Eastern standard time, but i'm up almost 24/7.

Description:
I've been with the Eld team since just slightly after it began as nothing more than a picture on the CS Okekai forums. I've watched it pick up interest, grow a fandom, and branch off into its own community with all the strength and love of that original group who fell in-love with a picture on a site.
I remember back before the lore was even a thing, and I drank it up hungrily as Bena and Jen slaved over each piece, though some of the Runes and Elkrins would never interest me I'l sit there and read the blurbs and little add-ons you all posted on their pages just so i could get a better view of Eld.
I know I've been gone for a very long time, life happened and some of you may think I had forgotten, but I came back because I missed the community the people, and knowing I was part of something great. I love Eld, i love seeing what it has become and I love knowing I was a part of it's humble beginnings.

But you may be thinking, "HD, what the heck is up with the squishy opening?" Well, its true that is a pretty squishy opening, but hey I'd like people to know were I am coming from.

As for the general requirements, yes I know a lot of the lore, I've been with this team since the beginning. I remember back when Bena used to drive herself silly over the stories behind each rune and Ancient, and I remember when we first saw just how complex and beautiful of a thing Eldemore was becoming. I check through the section dedicated to lore every so often, and I've never forgotten a part I've been told.
I know the basics of coding and the way the phpBB forums work, I can give help and insight into most if not all general problems a normal user would encounter. Though I do have my moments I am generally a level headed and well kept person who can look at a problem from many sides. I try to stay friendly and am always welcome to answering any questions one would have about things both pertaining to and beyond Elemore.

Extra:
I've been around th block a few times with managing and helping different sites and adoptables, I've worked on many threads and forums on Chickensmoothie, and even managed a few of my own. This would be my first time ever really seeking out a 'general helper' position, but I love to be useful and be helpful so I feel that this would be a good way to get my 'foot in the door' so to speak. Not to mention it would give me an excuse for the unneeded amounts of tiem i already spend on Eld.
Life Asked death
" Why do people love me, but hate you? "
Death responded,
" Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth. "

Even when Earless
Remember, always stay Fearless

||||
HornedDragon

Postby kiel » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:01 am

Is it not too late to submit an application? I would have posted sooner if I had not been a little busy ^w^
kiel

Postby Startedraining » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:09 am

Skye~ wrote:Is it not too late to submit an application? I would have posted sooner if I had not been a little busy ^w^

Applications ended at the server turnover, I'm afraid you're a few hours too late D:
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Benathorn » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:07 am

Thank you to everyone who took the time to fill out and submit a form for this position. I will now begin to review all applications and will soon announce our two new general helpers within the next day or so~
Benathorn
Administrator

Previous

Return to Announcements