General Helper Applications #2

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

General Helper Applications #2

Postby Benathorn » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:14 am

General Helper Applications

Hello everyone, with our last two general helpers now full-time moderators for the site, we are in need of two more GH to meet and greet new users who decide to join Eldemore. Some new rules and requirements have been added so be sure to re-read everything and use the updated form provided to you below for your application.

Our site continues to grow each day and our previous GH were invaluable in keeping the site's new members well informed and welcomed to the site. Hopefully we will find two more as equally awesome members to join our team and wish you all luck in your applications!

What is a General Helper?
For Eldemore a General Helper is someone who helps the moderators and admins around the site as well as its many users in need of assistance. You will be tasked with meeting and greeting new people, providing helpful links and information, and answering any questions many may ask repeatedly on our forums. A General Helper is there to both aid you and the staff as best they can and are an important addition to any team running an up and coming site that is steadily growing like our own.

Requirements:
There are a few requirements that we are looking for in a general helper. Be sure to read below so that you may see if you fit the bill.

- Must be at least 16 years of age or older.

- Has ample time to devote to the site and others. (Please do not consider applying if you know you will not have the time to do so! We understand life and school must come first, so only apply if you believe you have the hours to give towards the site and its members.)

- Has a familiar knowledge of the site's lore, pets, and layout.

- Knows important links, site functions, and information that can be useful to new members. (Such as how to trade, create pet groups, explain how the Explore and Codex functions, ect.)

- Has been a member for more than two months and visits often or on a daily basis.

- And most importantly: Is kind and helpful to everyone they meet!

General Helper Applications:
As you can see, the requirements are not too difficult or extensive. We are mainly looking for at least two members that can offer both their time and support to everyone on the site. So if you believe you fit all these requirements and wish to help, please take the time to fill out the form below and post only in this thread.

You will have from July 18th till July 29th to submit your apps.

We will then take the time to review and contact the two members we feel will best serve the site and its many users. Any questions you may have can be PM'd to either me or Jendalie, in the meantime, we look forward to your forms~

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b] (Please only submit your username here.)

[b]Timezone:[/b] (Please tell us which timezone you live in. We wish to have various team members who live in different time zones so that our staff can moderate around the clock.)

[b]Description:[/b] (Please give a brief description of your understanding of Eld lore and important info/links here. We would also like for you to tell us of how you can be of help to new users and if you've had any prior experience to moderating for other forums or sites.

[b]Extra:[/b] (Any extra info you feel is relevant to tell us may be written here.)
Benathorn
Administrator

Re: General Helper Applications #2

Postby Startedraining » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:10 pm

Name: Startedraining

Timezone: Pacific Standard

Description: I enjoy getting to know and helping out members of the site as often as I can, many hours a day Eldemore is open on my laptop on the index page or some other specific forum, waiting for someone to say something interesting and get others thinking. As an avid participant in the forum I think I can welcome members and give them tips that will help them later, and help them ease into the site or launch full blast, like a couple new members have done.
I love talking to members either through PM or on the thread, and I am easy going, plus it's super fun to greet new members and see how happy they are by the wonderful attitude Eldemore has, I am so pleased when they thank me or when they come back asking a question.
I have plenty of time to devote to Eldemore, more than six hours a day on a very good day, and my message box is always open to questions.

Extra: When members post in the introduction forums I don't usually post on the thread a welcome, I private message them the links and helpful tips because I think it's more personal and they feel more relaxed by being told privately.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Aralas » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:59 pm

Name: Aralas

Timezone: Japan Time Zone (UTC+09:00)

Description: Well, since I've been on the site for a decent length, I've seen first hand many different events that have gone on through the year. I feel this might be helpful when answering new users questions. I also have extensive knowledge of the lore of Eldemore, the codex, and how the homestead and new groups work as I've had plenty of time to practice getting comfortable with them.

I'm an easy-going person and I would like the responsibility of welcoming new users to the site and answering their questions. I've got plenty of time to give to this site as I already spend more than six hours a day on Eldemore.

Extra: I have not yet moved to Japan; in fact I'm leaving on Aug. 3rd, but I should be there not too long after the forms are judged and the new General Helpers are chosen. While I'm there for the next several years, (most likely no other staff shares a time zone as mine) so I would be able to be present and logged on while the other staff are not. I can speak fluent Japanese as well as English so if the rare chance that a Japanese problem presents itself, I will be available to fix it.
Staff Member from 2014 to 2017.
This site will always hold a special place in my heart. Unfortunately, I'll no longer be able to remain an active member, but I wish you all the very, very best.
Aralas

Postby Lailic » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:24 pm

Name: Lailic

Timezone: Pacific Standard

Description: I am on Eldemore almost every day. I tend to pop in and out throughout the day and spend at least three hours online total. Although if I do become a general helper I'll certainly be on more. I absolutely love the lore of eldemore and I have read it too many times to count. The lore has to be one of my favorite things.

I love helping people and I am very patient. I don't get frustrated easily. I like to talk to the new members and help them out in any way I can. Giving them a friendly face to talk to or ask questions.

I love greeting the new members. I think a friendly atmosphere from the start helps the new members feel more comfortable and welcome. I'm really good at explaining things in multiple ways, so if someone is having a particularly hard time understanding something I can find many ways to help them understand.

Extra: I'm usually on an Ipad, although I don't see it being much of a problem, as I can do pretty much everything on it just as easily as someone on a computer. However I will be getting a computer in september.
Commissions wrote: Currently closed till farther notice

I love you, Avril L. wrote:I like your smile
I like your vibe
I like your style
But that's not why I love you

Lailic wrote:Pronounced: Lay-Lick
Mood: Happy (:
Preferred Pronoun: She/Her

The Sane One The Interesting one The Secretive one The Sassiest One The Quiet one

Lailic

Postby Silverfang » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:01 pm

Good luck, all of the applicants! :D May the best Eldemorian win. ;)

dat dang age limit
Me, for my dreams.

You, for your dreams.
Silverfang

Postby Spookly » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:29 pm

Name: Akira

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time

Description: Hello! I'm Akira. I love meeting and greeting new members. I usualy search around the Introductions thread and post any helpful information that I feel will help new users. I love to answer any to all questions, and help anybody I can out.
I know almost everything about Eldemore lore and info. I have read over the lore pages multiple ammount of times, because I find them really interesting and sort of like a book. I can also answer almost any question asked about eldemore, and its fascinating creatures.
I love helping new users because after they have been on  Eldemore for a while, most of them become great friends of mine. I love meeting new people, and that is one of the reasons I joined the Eldemore community in the first place.
Although I do not have any other modding experience on any other sites, my job in real life is alot like being a General Helper (I work at a information desk) so i guess welcoming and helping people, and answering lots of questions have just become a habit and something im good at. I also have been practicing helping out users on here because I just love to help everyone out. I'm very patient and outgoing, and I don't get frustrated easily. I feel I can take the task of being a General Helper well, and enjoy it while I'm at it.

Extra: I am usualy on for 6-8 hours, and can usually be found on at 7pm-10pm, and 12am-4am, but if anything happens and i won't be on for a while, I will make sure to inform you immediately. Becoming a General Helper has been a dream of mine for a while, and I hope it is one I can achieve! I would love to thank you all for this wonderful oppertunity, have a wonderful day!
Last edited by Spookly on Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
~~~ TBF
Spookly

Postby scmarshtacky » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:56 am

Name: scmarshtacky

Time Zone: I am currently on Eastern Daylight Time, and of course, Eastern Standard Time in the winter.

Description: I have been a part of Eldemore for quite some time and have read the lore multiple times, so I am familiar with the different species and with the lore associated with each of them. I am also aware of how humans fit into the lore of each species (Elkrin Rider, Wardens, Rune Bearers, ect.). Though Chouhesi has compiled a list of Important Links and Threads, I am more than capable of pointing users in the direction of specific threads they may want to look at depending on their interests. I am also able to track down older threads with posts that may answer more specific questions.

I have been open and friendly to any new users I happen to meet in the forums, and have answered questions that newer members asked me. I am currently serving as a General Helper/Storyteller on Safirina; however, this site only serves as a planning location for something more official and is extremely small. I cannot say that my knowledge of General Helpers is extensive, but I have watched the General Helpers both on here and on CS for a handful of years and would like to think that I am familiar with the basic aspects of the job.

Extra: Though I may lack experience on websites, I have been helping various individuals in real life from a young age. I work with both special needs and foster children, so I know what it means to be patient and understanding to those who are confused or must be reminded of something multiple times. I have been known to keep a steady head in all situations and have dealt with many different types of people over the years. I am adaptable to the needs of others and am easy to get along with.

I also keep Eldemore open every second that I'm on the computer, and I'm on a computer at least eight hours a day. I keep a close eye on many different threads and forums, and thus far, have never missed an announcement post or important piece of info.

(Good luck everyone else!)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
scmarshtacky

Postby rose; » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:35 pm

Name: rose;

Timezone: Central Timezone

Description: I have not been involved with eldemore adopts as long as some people have, but I was involved a few months before the site was made and joined the first day the site was open. I still have links to all the lore information on CS and all the ones that I've found here, along with important threads. I would consider things like the rules (obviously), the thread to post a bearer character with their creatures, monthly swap thread + monthly outcome chat thread, codex guide, Q and A thread, site suggestion thread, and the eldemore lore and info thread. Things like that would be included in an introduction for new users for ease of access.
I have never held any position like this on any site, but I am a quick learner, and would like to think I'm pretty kind and welcoming. I would make it a point to make sure my inbox is open and welcoming for any sort of questions that anyone might have and to answer quickly and correctly as much as possible.
I am starting school back up again and do have a job, but even during school hours I'm usually checking in decently often, and would have time to answer questions on threads or through messages, and mobile for me is used with as much ease as being on a computer. I work only 2 or 3 days a week and have time after and before work to stop in. All in all even on a school day + work + homework, I still manage at least an hour on the site, and on weekends that I don't have anything going on, I would be checking in quite often as I have a mobile and its easy to just stop in.

Extra: I'm a pretty relaxed person, and nearly nothing would make me overly mad or anything. I'm pretty patient also, and do think I have a wide range of knowledge on the different species and workings of the site, enough to be able to answer most, if not all, questions thrown my way.
just gifting out my collection. no longer really have time.
rose;

Postby Walnut » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:49 am

Name :Walnut

Timezone: Central Timezone

Description: Hello! I am Walnut. I am always scanning the introductions forum to see if anyone needs any help, because while I have been on Eldemore for very little time, I know Chicken Smoothie like the back of my hand, so understanding Eldemore was easy (to anyone who reads staff applications that isn't an admin or know much about this site, Eldemore and CS are powered by the same coding website.) I am active in the forums and have started 2 roleplays, play all the front-page forum games, and participate in some threads in Eldemore Discussion and General Discussion. Not to mention the Creative Writing forum, where I really like to be. I have 2 hours a day on weekdays to devote to Eldemore, sometimes more, and 3+ hours on weekends. I have a lot of patience and am very hard to anger. I try to always word things kindly. If I somehow did become a GH, I would make sure my inbox was wide open, and would try to stop people from thinking the staff were people who took pleasure in giving people warnings/suspending them/banning them/etc. I would be able to easily answer the simpler questions ("what is the codex") and also answer questions that are a bit harder ("where do I get a beta glasswork") or deal with annoying trolls ("why does my cat vibrate") I am also a quick learner, so I understand a lot about Eldemore, even though I joined 2 months ago. I have read the lore a few times, and understand the places and where humans belong in it. I could answer most, if not all, questions thrown at me.

Extra: Even though I probably won't become a GH, now or ever, it's still great to have a chance.

I also love to help out in real life. I might bring some of my homemade scones over to welcome the new neighbors, or help my little cousins make cookies. When I was little, I helped my parents cook dinner. Being one of the top students in my class, therefore finishing projects first, I would help the other students type and things like that. (There is someone in my class who still takes ten minutes to type a sentence.) I can also deal with problems in real life, like for instance the fact that the slow typer I mentioned before. Here is a conversation that we often have:
Girl (not saying her name) walks over to my desk.
Girl demands "Gina come help me with my project you're almost done."
I reply "No, Girl, the teacher told us to finish our projects before helping anyone. I will finish, then come help you."
Girl stands there with her lips pursed and she pouts. I feel her eyes boring into me angrily.
"Girl, go work on your project. I will help you when I'm done."
"No."
"Please, go away."
"No."
"Go away to your desk and WORK ON YOUR PROJECT."
"No."
This goes on for a while, until I realize that she won't be reasoned with and I resort to carrying her back to her desk. I gave this example to show it takes a lot to infuriate me.
(^Sorry if the above is a mess, my writing is always crazy and goes on tangents.)
Last edited by Walnut on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I may not be on Eldemore during the weekdays due to an extremely busy schedule! I am sorry to everyone who RP's with me, trades with me, or adopts from the Lovely Labrador AC! (I am still open to trades and will keep writing, but that may take a while.)

Animal Jam headdress, phantom plushies, nature arch and more for Eldemore: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2603
AJ Headdress UFA: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3460
Lovely Labrador AC: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2663&view=viewpoll
Walnut

Postby kyojuro rengoku » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:19 pm

Name:
Partners in Crime

Timezone:
Eastern Standard Time (EST)

Description:
Since I joined this wonderful site, I have gained a knowledge of the lore of Eldemore. I also love to help out in any possible way. I love meeting new players, as they often need help feeling their way around the site, unless, of course, they've gotten used to forums on CS. Any who, I just seriously love helping out, on and offline.

Extra:
I have been a helper on a few sites before, and I can navigate pretty well through Elde.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxImage
xxxmy name is rat || she/they || nb lesbian
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxtwitter||cosplay ig||ao3
kyojuro rengoku

Next

Return to Announcements