Bazaar Options Poll

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

New Bazaar Options (read the announcement before voting)

Option 1
19%
Option 2
34%
Option 3
27%
I like them all!
20%

Total votes : 226

Re: Bazaar Options Poll

Postby Ai00x » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:39 pm

rose; wrote:
I don't really like the idea of the stones at all, not because it's a bad idea but because it just doesn't appeal to me much. Especially if the option of a cave that allows you random adopts is going to be implemented, giving the chance of finding pets.
I kuch more like the idea of the higher cost one staying for six months over another new species being added every two months. I spend enough time/baubles/money keeping up with the amount that are released now.

I think that, at least once eldemore has gained some age, the idea of stones would be good, even if we get the cave as well. At the moment, it's not impossible for even the newer members to gain all the pets in existence, but over time it will just keep getting more and more difficult, and at some point even the cave won't be able to help you with getting all the pets you want.

I also like the idea of having stones of different "quality", the cheaper ones having lower chance of finding something valuable, and the more expencive ones having a better chance ...but since they would be items that actually cost real money, it would be, in my opinion, nice if even the cheaper ones would have a better chance of finding uncommons rather than commons for example (unless they cost like 1-5 baubles each or something)

EDIT: also, if the stone will be made, I'd personally prefer the idea of it either being permanent in the store, or being found often in the store ...this would be fairer to those who can't follow eldemore every day :) and if there was only certain number sold at a time, it would become one of those fast-eat-the-slow -things, and I don't really like that either.. x'3
I'm hoarding all adult jackalopes that are rarity uncommon or less :)

My trading thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1907
Ai00x

Postby ElijahWilkes » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:51 pm

I'm going to have to say that I completely dislike the stone of random idea. First off, I would never even think of buying one if I knew that I would more than likely pretty much be spending real money on a common/uncommon pet that really has no value. And while I would love to be able to get an old bazaar pet for somewhat cheap, I don't think the people who did buy them originally would really appreciate the idea of someone getting one of the more expensive ones for less than they spent, even if there was a high chance of a recent common when buying it.

Imo, I just don't see any good way to go about it. Just looking at the basic idea costing 50 baubles, the large majority of people would be spending about $2.50 on a pet they either already have and/or is less than 10 baubles in trading value. And the large range of prices this site has for bazaar pets to begin with would just make it all the more complicated.
ElijahWilkes

Postby Ai00x » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:55 pm

ElijahWilkes wrote:I'm going to have to say that I completely dislike the stone of random idea. First off, I would never even think of buying one if I knew that I would more than likely pretty much be spending real money on a common/uncommon pet that really has no value. And while I would love to be able to get an old bazaar pet for somewhat cheap, I don't think the people who did buy them originally would really appreciate the idea of someone getting one of the more expensive ones for less than they spent, even if there was a high chance of a recent common when buying it.

Imo, I just don't see any good way to go about it. Just looking at the basic idea costing 50 baubles, the large majority of people would be spending about $2.50 on a pet they either already have and/or is less than 10 baubles in trading value. And the large range of prices this site has for bazaar pets to begin with would just make it all the more complicated.

...how about sort of merging the idea of stones with the idea of bazaar-only pets? Like, buying a stone would give you a good chance of getting a current bazaar pet? there could be only a slight difference in the cost, with the downside that you can't choose which pet you get ...but with the upside of a chance of getting an older, rarer pet instead ...am I making any sense? :'D

Ai00x

Postby AquilaFuga » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:13 pm

The stone sounds nice - though I don't know if I personally would buy it if Bastion's Heart is still in the works. ^^
I've got most of the pets I want from past months bar one so getting more isn't that much of a priority - but still, I'd support it being implemented for others. c:

I really like option one, ooh. But both one and two sound really cool. c: In general, I think bringing anything new to the bazaar would be an exciting development!
AquilaFuga

Postby the black swordsman » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:03 pm

it looks like number three is loseing the battle thats th one i voted for thay are all good though
the black swordsman

Postby rose; » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:39 pm

Ai00x wrote:
rose; wrote:
I don't really like the idea of the stones at all, not because it's a bad idea but because it just doesn't appeal to me much. Especially if the option of a cave that allows you random adopts is going to be implemented, giving the chance of finding pets.
I kuch more like the idea of the higher cost one staying for six months over another new species being added every two months. I spend enough time/baubles/money keeping up with the amount that are released now.

I think that, at least once eldemore has gained some age, the idea of stones would be good, even if we get the cave as well. At the moment, it's not impossible for even the newer members to gain all the pets in existence, but over time it will just keep getting more and more difficult, and at some point even the cave won't be able to help you with getting all the pets you want.

I also like the idea of having stones of different "quality", the cheaper ones having lower chance of finding something valuable, and the more expencive ones having a better chance ...but since they would be items that actually cost real money, it would be, in my opinion, nice if even the cheaper ones would have a better chance of finding uncommons rather than commons for example (unless they cost like 1-5 baubles each or something)

EDIT: also, if the stone will be made, I'd personally prefer the idea of it either being permanent in the store, or being found often in the store ...this would be fairer to those who can't follow eldemore every day :) and if there was only certain number sold at a time, it would become one of those fast-eat-the-slow -things, and I don't really like that either.. x'3

It's not fair for the older users who were here and spent their money either. If you want those older pets, you're going to have to work for them with a little luck thrown in, just as on other pet adopt sites. The cave mimics the CS idea of a rerelease (as best an example I can compare it to) and that doesn't release old store pets but you can still obtain old, rare pets and work towards other pets you want. I also don't really find it quite fair to ask people to spend real money for pets that you aren't guaranteed to get, and end up getting a common/uncommon. There will almost always be those pets in circulation, you just have to have the effort to trade up for them
just gifting out my collection. no longer really have time.
rose;

Postby Startedraining » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:48 pm

I think these are all great ideas, but I think they're getting a bit complicated with the certain 'rules' that it would have to follow.

uwu I really like the bazaar the way it is, the new pets are simply gorgeous, and if you try hard enough you can manage to get all of them before they vanish into the void of the codex.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby KittyCatKita » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:37 pm

Perhaps if the stone idea is used, the old bazaar pets could be put into stones that are of the same prices as they had been? That way no one feels like they were being ripped off for buying them at a higher price earlier?

Like for example if you wanted to try getting a store pet that was 50 baubles originally you would have to buy a stone that was 50 baubles, not one that is like, 30 baubles for example?? Same thing for store pets that were originally 100 baubles, you would have to buy a stone that is 100 baubles, you couldn't end up getting it in a 30 bauble or 50 bauble stone? (or something along that line??)

I am uncertain if that would work and I don't know about common/uncommon/rare etc pets if they would be included maybe at a lower price level or something but maybe that would be a decent compromise concerning the old bazaar pets?
KittyCatKita wrote:I don't have a lot of time for this site anymore due to real life,
but feel free to send trades. It may just take me a
while to get back to you (months realistically so
please be patient). I recently disbanded my
complete collection, so there's lots for trade!
Anything in my locked groups are being kept
since they are my favourites <3
~Kita

~ Eldemore Artist Dec 2013 to Nov 2017 ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
KittyCatKita

Postby Ai00x » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:49 pm

KittyCatKita wrote:Perhaps if the stone idea is used, the old bazaar pets could be put into stones that are of the same prices as they had been? That way no one feels like they were being ripped off for buying them at a higher price earlier?

Like for example if you wanted to try getting a store pet that was 50 baubles originally you would have to buy a stone that was 50 baubles, not one that is like, 30 baubles for example?? Same thing for store pets that were originally 100 baubles, you would have to buy a stone that is 100 baubles, you couldn't end up getting it in a 30 bauble or 50 bauble stone? (or something along that line??)

I am uncertain if that would work and I don't know about common/uncommon/rare etc pets if they would be included maybe at a lower price level or something but maybe that would be a decent compromise concerning the old bazaar pets?

Well, it would work if they were cheaper too tho ..because remember; there's no 100% chance that you'll get a rare bazaar pet. One would most likely have to buy the thingy several times before getting something they're after, no? You'd probably end up spending more than they were originally worth, but at least there's a real honest chance that you might get one :)

Ai00x

Postby KittyCatKita » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:57 pm

That is why I said that I did not know how the regular pets would fit in there, I was only talking about the bazaar pets and how to keep the prices fair with what they originally sold for and what you would buy the stone for so that older users who spent full price on them don't get too upset over the prices. I wasn't trying to suggest something for the regular pets ^^;; sorry about any confusion, I sometimes have trouble explaining things
KittyCatKita wrote:I don't have a lot of time for this site anymore due to real life,
but feel free to send trades. It may just take me a
while to get back to you (months realistically so
please be patient). I recently disbanded my
complete collection, so there's lots for trade!
Anything in my locked groups are being kept
since they are my favourites <3
~Kita

~ Eldemore Artist Dec 2013 to Nov 2017 ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
KittyCatKita

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements