Bazaar Options Poll

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

New Bazaar Options (read the announcement before voting)

Option 1
19%
Option 2
34%
Option 3
27%
I like them all!
20%

Total votes : 226

Re: Bazaar Options Poll

Postby ElijahWilkes » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:07 pm

I'm of the belief that bazaar pets should never be rereleased in any shape or form. There's always someone out there who will be upset by it because they spent their money on it originally, and probably bought extras to save for when they're worth more. Its not fair to the people who originally bought them to lose out on the worth for the ones they saved, as well as lose out on people who would possibly be interested in trading for it from them.

For example, I bought 4 extra glitch ancients, which will rise in value over time. It would not make me happy for someone to be able to get any at less than 100 baubles, whether they had to buy that stone multiple times or not, because I did spend 100 baubles each. But its also not fair for anyone to spend any number of baubles on a pet that was a recent, common monthly adopt for free. It'd be unbalanced from both angles and you'll have people upset no matter what way you price it.

Bazaar pets should be special and limited to however many were bought while they were available. If you weren't around or you lost out on being able to buy one, then build up fodder and trade for it. I spent 600+ baubles to trade for my Elderwind Ancient with a fellow player because it's so rare now. If they allow people even just the chance of getting it for 50 baubles, I will be a most unhappy customer.
Last edited by ElijahWilkes on Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ElijahWilkes

Postby Skeseth » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:12 pm

I think people also misunderstanding that this poll and options are for Eldemore's future. The costs in hosting an increasingly growing site will continue to rise and if the team wants to continue to improve Eldemore for the players on here, they have to try different things to raise money to keep the site growing.

I voted the stone because it is a gamble and an interesting way to use baubles and perhaps may lead to a different idea/items besides just purchasing a new pet every so often. I am certain that the kinks will be worked out that it is useful to players and not have any connection to the Cave or Thorn's Cottage (which is not confirmed anyway to ever be implemented) and to make it the most fair. These are just one of many ideas, but please do not be rude about why you dislike the idea. Simply focus on why you believe your choice is a better option. Keep things positive, people. Remember, this is for the sake of Eldemore's future, and not simply thinking about yourselves :)
Please PM if you have questions or need help
Skeseth
Global Moderator

Postby Novadragon » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:22 pm

Skeseth wrote:I think people also misunderstanding that this poll and options are for Eldemore's future. The costs in hosting an increasingly growing site will continue to rise and if the team wants to continue to improve Eldemore for the players on here, they have to try different things to raise money to keep the site growing.

I voted the stone because it is a gamble and an interesting way to use baubles and perhaps may lead to a different idea/items besides just purchasing a new pet every so often. I am certain that the kinks will be worked out that it is useful to players and not have any connection to the Cave or Thorn's Cottage (which is not confirmed anyway to ever be implemented) and to make it the most fair. These are just one of many ideas, but please do not be rude about why you dislike the idea. Simply focus on why you believe your choice is a better option. Keep things positive, people. Remember, this is for the sake of Eldemore's future, and not simply thinking about yourselves :)

I don't feel concern over older bazaar pets being re-released counts as people thinking only of themselves. It's kind of a narrow view to take on it. Look at it this way, you have an old bazaar pet that is only going to go up in value prompting people to purchase baubles to be able to afford to trade for it as well as purchasing more baubles to buy a stockpile of current bazaar pets /BECAUSE/ they will never be released again and will go up in value.

If you re-release them people will not be as willing to buy baubles to trade for them from other users and/or it severely hamstrings the trading scene because the dubious chance of being able to get them on your own will keep them from rising in value quite as much because people will throw 50 baubles every so often at a stone and hope they get lucky.

That's my two cents at least.
Novadragon

Postby Skeseth » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:59 pm

Stating it in that way and using reasoning to back it up, Novadragon, makes sense as to why it wouldn't benefit the site for what they are looking for: more donations. It's a good opposing view for the stone!
Please PM if you have questions or need help
Skeseth
Global Moderator

Postby ElijahWilkes » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:00 pm

Novadragon wrote:
Skeseth wrote:I think people also misunderstanding that this poll and options are for Eldemore's future. The costs in hosting an increasingly growing site will continue to rise and if the team wants to continue to improve Eldemore for the players on here, they have to try different things to raise money to keep the site growing.

I don't feel concern over older bazaar pets being re-released counts as people thinking only of themselves. It's kind of a narrow view to take on it. Look at it this way, you have an old bazaar pet that is only going to go up in value prompting people to purchase baubles to be able to afford to trade for it as well as purchasing more baubles to buy a stockpile of current bazaar pets /BECAUSE/ they will never be released again and will go up in value.

If you re-release them people will not be as willing to buy baubles to trade for them from other users and/or it severely hamstrings the trading scene because the dubious chance of being able to get them on your own will keep them from rising in value quite as much because people will throw 50 baubles every so often at a stone and hope they get lucky.

That's my two cents at least.

Thank you, Novadragon, you were able to voice my concerns in a way I could not figure out how to and have it make sense.

I know this isn't one of the options but the site needing to increasingly make more money as it gets bigger is one reason why I would love to see something like items released, even if it is just little animal companions like I've seen mentioned as a possibility. Items are something you can put up for a fairly cheap amount, like 5-10 baubles or something, depending on the item. And the items could stay in the bazaar forever because people will always be willing to buy them. The more pets that get released, the more pets people will have that they will want to dress up, and therefore the more items they will need. Even if they're just little animal items to keep the pet company, it will still be something people would always be willing to buy. A lot better option, in my opinion, then pretty much adding gambling with currency that costs real to the site. I guess that's another way I see the stones that makes me not like the idea.
ElijahWilkes

Postby Scar » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:11 pm

I agree with you point of view, Novadragon-- it would prove contradictory behind the reasoning, as Skeseth stated, for more donation.

BUT...

Either way, whether or not the Stones are applied; either someone's going to be unhappy and or it'll have some sort of repercussions in the future.

I'd love to be able to get a chance at the last few pets on my WL; since I can't buy baubles and I don't have the fodder to trade for them. So another way would be wonderful.
But I have to agree that I'd hate to see their value go down, as it defeats the purpose of that great accomplishment feeling you get when you get one of those rare pets. Like when I traded for my Silverleaf, I was so ecstatic- I was squealing and hopping around my house, making my parents wonder what the heck was wrong with me.

The only problem I have with this, is that this is the exact thing that has caused the greed and chaos on CS to be both unbearable and unfixable... CS is beyond the point of no return, I'd really love to see Eldemore NOT get like that. And you can't deny, once this place reach thousands upon thousands of members, this is going to happen. It almost inevitable, but if we take some form of action ahead of time, this can be avoided.

- - - - -

I agree with the thought of items, and I realize unlike CS, the line edits would make that near impossible.
But I'd be content with stuffed animals/animal companions, as Elijah as stated. Or maybe even background/foreground items; you don't need line edits for those.
That could prove as some form of constant revenue needed to keep the site running.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE
ɪᴛ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ ❞

ImageImage
text text text text text text t
Have questions?
Feel free to drop a PM! c;
Have an great day!

"Scar- the Ancient of Destroying Evidence"
"I like big men and I cannot lie~"

text text text text text text t
✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby KisaWolfz » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:43 pm

I voted for option 3.
I like the idea of the 'Stone", but if I can Id like to throw this in their.

Dont have the option to offer the 50 Baubles on the stone, have it every OTHER release of pets. So its not as common, and users cant click just when they want.
(If this has been said sorry)
Theres a lot to read still.

I just wanted to point that out, before I lost my train of thought.
Also, when clicking you can make the more recent Bazaar Pets more 'common' outcome when clicking the random.
The older Bazaar Pets are a lower chance rate.

Just throwing out things.
I just like the idea of option 3, a lot.
KisaWolfz

Postby Aralas » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:22 am

I really like option one, however I think it would be better if you would lower the availability rate significantly. I think if it's in the bazaar for a whole six months, it will be worth a lot less than other bazaar creatures. Sure the price is high and it will take a little bit to obtain the amount of baubles needed for the purchase, but six months is an extremely long time for a few reasons.

First, 200-250 baubles is really not that high of a price to pay. I mean sure ... it's a lot compared to the other pets, but when you think about it, more and more people are joining which means more users who are willing to purchase from the bazaar. This means that more baubles will come into circulation even more than they already have. It's not like it's October 2013 when the first set of creatures were released and barely anyone could get them because there was such a small fraction of users who actually purchased them to begin with.

Second, if they are available for six months, I fear they are going to become extremely common. Since this pet will be a one time thing, and since it's so expensive, people are naturally going to try and get several to hold onto for the future. Six months is just too much time.

I'd suggest a lower availability time such as four months or even three and a half. ^^ However this is just my humble insight and I really don't have that many facts to back this up.
Aralas

Postby Falsanthin » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:52 am

Before i give my opinion i will say do spend in the bazaar monthly and usually purchase multiples of creatures when i can afford to before anyone says oh your just complaining about change and we need to force people to spend and if you don't like it your not supporting the site *I think its highly unlikely it will happen here from what i've seen but that has happened on other sites from both players and admin and that lack of listening to players opinions and stubborness led to those sites shortly losing funding and closing down*

First off i do like all these ideas but i picked the 1st and 2nd option because i would probably actually use these but i'm not likely to use option 3 *see below for reason*.

Only problem i have with option 1 is i'd prefer it if it was kept at 200 baubles (or variant amounts that we can buy 100/200/400 etc..). I absolutely hate having to buy an extra 100 baubles just to use the odd 50 because that extra 5$ pushes it past affordable and into why am i spending this much on pixels territory imo especially if you plan on buying multiples.

Hopefully the colour variant option (option 2) means its ALL the colours up for sale separately so we don't have to keep trying and trying for the colour we want randomly. If thats the case i'm 100% for it as long as its not an insane amount of variants (2-4 is a good number but at 30B each anything more is pushing it if its released along side regular bazaar releases)

The stone option is obviously random so i accept that as long as the odds of getting anything good isn't stupidly low (maybe a 40% chance of getting a bazaar/birthday creature and maybe a 20% chance of getting a really old one) since its a real life cash thing. In a way its nice to get a surplus of creatures back into circulations for those of us struggling to find certain wishlist creatures *cough*elderwind*cough* but at the same time it would be horrible wasting 50 baubles on a go and getting an ultra common monthly you could buy off another player for 3-5baubles multiple times in a row, so personally i won't be using that option since i only have 2 things on my wishlist (not including the beta) so odds are i'd lose out pretty much every time (getting 2 particular creatures out of hundreds of past creature outcomes not even factoring in the chances of doubles/triples) i'd be better off trading for what i want.

Also the point given above about the glitch ancient costing 100B whereas the stone only costs 50B. That would need to be taken into consideration like maybe make the glitch not obtainable from the stone or release a special stone that costs 100B a try like once a year or something that has a higher chance of obtaining a bazaar creature than the 50B stone does and also has a chance to give glitches. Or just totally remove glitches from the 50B stone and have them as a ultra rare chance from the Bastion's Heart "cave" feature or thorns cottage instead.

I would be all for a stone type option with a 100% chance to receive a past bazaar/birthday creature. Maybe if it cost like 100-150B a go BUT to keep raritys pretty much intact have that option limited to like 2-5 trys per month or something.

*don't even get me started on how much i am totally against having "dress up" items for eld creatures*
Last edited by Falsanthin on Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Falsanthin

Postby Silverhart » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:33 am

ElijahWilkes wrote:Thank you, Novadragon, you were able to voice my concerns in a way I could not figure out how to and have it make sense.

I know this isn't one of the options but the site needing to increasingly make more money as it gets bigger is one reason why I would love to see something like items released, even if it is just little animal companions like I've seen mentioned as a possibility. Items are something you can put up for a fairly cheap amount, like 5-10 baubles or something, depending on the item. And the items could stay in the bazaar forever because people will always be willing to buy them. The more pets that get released, the more pets people will have that they will want to dress up, and therefore the more items they will need. Even if they're just little animal items to keep the pet company, it will still be something people would always be willing to buy. A lot better option, in my opinion, then pretty much adding gambling with currency that costs real to the site. I guess that's another way I see the stones that makes me not like the idea.

I know this isn't an option, but I really like this idea. ^^ If and when we get do items for pets, I think they should be available for premium currency, and be in the Bazaar either permanently, or for a full year.

Anyway, I'll give my two cents on the actual poll now. I like all the ideas, but voted for the first and second. As much as I like the Random Stone, and the chance of getting an older store pet I missed, I'm not much of a gambler, so I doubt that I would use it. I can't buy baubles myself, so I sort of value them pretty highly and can't really see spending 50 baubles on a small chance of a rare pet. That said, if the majority is willing to take that risk, and it helps Eldemore, then I am all for it. But it does raise questions of how it will effect rarity and demand if too many people use it, and if that's fair to the users who originally bought them. I personally have no opinion on the subject - I don't really value a pet because of it's rarity, but I know many people do, and they like that aspect of the game.

I think it's fair to those buying it, since they know they are taking a chance and while it'd feel unfair to get a common, the member will have accepted that risk when they bought the stone. But at the same time I don't like the idea so much. It seems like a waste. As a suggestion, and I don't know if this will be possible, but if the stone idea is decided upon, why not up the price of the stone and then guarantee that using it gets you a pet from last year - 2013-early 2014? It may be a Bazaar pet, or not, it may be worth more or less then what you're paying for, but the purchaser will have a better idea of what to expect. A lot of those pets are rarer now, so while they may not be worth 50 baubles, it'll at least be putting more of those pets out there for players to trade. I think it might entice users to try it out more often if they know there's an increased chance of getting a pet they're missing or a rare. And then I think it should be limited somehow so the rarities are somewhat controlled.

Once we get the Cave, that'll probably release a lot of common pets from this year, so I suspect they may eventually balance each other out. At least, I hope that will be the case. XP I don't really know, and I guess no one will until it's put into practice.

Either that or maybe lower the price, maybe to ten baubles, and then make it very very rare to get a previous bazaar pet. More people might be willing to spend a lesser amount, even if it's a very rare chance.

But anyway I like the first two options better. Random stones seem rather complicated to work out. And well, I like seeing new pets. XP
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements