Exploitation & Trade Downtime

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

Re: Exploitation & Trade Downtime

Postby Novadragon » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:03 pm

Valice wrote:Aw man I am missing a bunch that I traded Cross-Site XC
That means that I am out on this~
Very ashamed of the users who did this!

Talk to the players you traded with, if they arn't willing to work with you to fix it then report them for scamming on the other site. About all you can do.
Novadragon

Postby odin » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:35 pm

Novadragon wrote:

Talk to the players you traded with, if they arn't willing to work with you to fix it then report them for scamming on the other site. About all you can do.

Yeah, the trade will still be in your previous trades. Unfortunately, one of the trades I got had glitched ancients in it and it was reversed. I lost 3 ancients from my hoard. D: I went back through my trade history and found the old trade. It said "reversed" next to it, screenshot it for evidence, and contact them on the other site, if they won't give your things back, contact an admin or mod over there and, link them to this thread and that trade screenshot with that person. It's all you can do, sadly. :(

Benathorn <3

Pets in ungrouped are NOT for trade.

*Small note: If I have monthly, still growing, pets in my trades folder, sometimes I wait to make sure there are no splits before I trade my extras away. You're free to offer, however I might not accept straight away, until I know the outcome doesn't have a split. ^^" *
odin

Postby Valice » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:45 pm

odin wrote:
Novadragon wrote:

Yeah, the trade will still be in your previous trades. Unfortunately, one of the trades I got had glitched ancients in it and it was reversed. I lost 3 ancients from my hoard. D: I went back through my trade history and found the old trade. It said "reversed" next to it, screenshot it for evidence, and contact them on the other site, if they won't give your things back, contact an admin or mod over there and, link them to this thread and that trade screenshot with that person. It's all you can do, sadly. :(

Okay thank you very much this should help out a lot~ ^-^b
The Gazette wrote:The marble wall is highly covered in dirt
A pain like I have been beaten up won't release me
Imperfection peeked through in large quantity
Expression swallowed in perfection
I who sings black again. I who dyes black again.
Insult that smashed my head many times
Let's send a gallows in the
last scene which you hope for.
Don't hush up a mistake.
Take responsibility.
Your whereabouts which I can't see yet,
something I can't know is that what
you show off is only the surface
What sold off is forgery of thought
Without any uneasiness you approach again
Can you hear the counting song of pain, baby?
The president.
[I want to scatter your face.]
Depicting the answer reflected in your eyes
[I want to scatter your trick]
Can you hear the counting song of pain, baby?
The president.
[I want to scatter your excuse.]
The black day still won't fade
A prosecute. Your luck will run out someday.

Valice

Postby odin » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:55 pm

No problem, I hope it gets sorted out for you! Greedy people are no fun, they should know it would be discovered and the extra pets taken away.

Benathorn <3

Pets in ungrouped are NOT for trade.

*Small note: If I have monthly, still growing, pets in my trades folder, sometimes I wait to make sure there are no splits before I trade my extras away. You're free to offer, however I might not accept straight away, until I know the outcome doesn't have a split. ^^" *
odin

Postby Ai00x » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:11 pm

will the people who used this glitch be banned?
I'm hoarding all adult jackalopes that are rarity uncommon or less :)

My trading thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1907
Ai00x

Postby Benathorn » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:54 pm

All of the glitched ancients have been removed. This means that all trades with glitched ancients in them have been reversed. This doesn't effect everyone who traded an Illusion Ancient, just the ones that were earned unjustly.

If one of your offsite trades was reversed, you should talk to the other person to try and work out a return, or just trade them something else. If one of your trades was reversed, you will get a trade notification (a little glowing number next to the trading post). Both sender and receiver will see this, so any decent person who was in an offsite trade should work something out with the other user.

But, if they do not cooperate with you, and you can't work out another deal, you need to contact an admin on the other site. Send them a link to this topic, or if they want proof, ask them to email us at info@eldemore.com. We prefer they send us an email from their domain email account (in other words, info@eldemore.com, @chickensmoothie.com, @dragcave.net, etc). This way it's official and we know who we're talking to. Anyone could create eldemore@yahoo.com and pretend to be us, so those accounts are less trustworthy.

The only people who were banned were the ones who obviously abused the glitch. Punishment to these users has already been handled. I want to personally thank you all for your amazing support towards us in your comments here. It is always great to see how much our community cares for the staff team and we want to do everything we can to be both open with you about these sorts of situations and upfront with any problems that effect you all as a whole. I apologize again for all the trouble this has caused many of you, but we will do everything we can to make sure that the last few remnants that this problem has caused are cleaned up and taken care of.

Thank you again everyone for being such a great community and supporting Eldemore! <3
Benathorn
Administrator

Previous

Return to Announcements