Exploitation & Trade Downtime

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

Exploitation & Trade Downtime

Postby Benathorn » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:07 pm

Hello everyone, I wanted to inform you all that some of you who have recently traded Illusion Ancients will be having your trades reversed. This is due to some users who thought that they could get away with abusing a glitch in our anniversary event and producing hundreds of ancients to trade away for selfish personal gain.

I can not begin to express how disappointed I am in these individuals and how much this both hurts us and our users who do try to play fair. Though we have taken proper measures to punish these accounts and delete these excess ancients, I'm afraid many of you may find that some of these ancients are now gone from your homesteads as well. This is to protect the rarity of this pet. All pets and/or baubles which you traded for these exploited ancients should be returned to you soon.

Out of all of those users who came upon this exploit, only one of them came forward to inform us of this glitch. This was probably the saddest part of all since we rely on our user base to tell us immediately if they find anything wrong, and because some of these users have been devout players who should have known better. The staff works hard to make sure we can prepare events like this for everyone to enjoy and we hate to see how much this could have potentially hurt our fair playing users and the economy of this site. So if anyone ever runs across a crippling glitch like this, please be sure to inform myself or one of the other admins as soon as possible so we do not have to go through all the trouble of reversing trades and deleting extra ancients which consumes time that we should be spending elsewhere on the site. We don't currently have a "reverse trade" button, so it all has to be done manually.

Now, I want to personally apologize to all of you for having to disable our trading system today in order to stop these people from sending out any more exploited ancients. I'm so sorry that this happened and that so many trades are having to be reversed due to a few selfish user's actions. Rest assured we are going through now and returning all pets and baubles traded to these people to the users who got an exploited ancient. The glitch has been fixed, and all effected trades are being reversed. Once more, I'm very sorry for all the trouble this may have caused you. The staff will do all it can to make sure this is cleaned up and avoided in the future.
Benathorn
Administrator

Re: Exploitation & Trade Downtime

Postby Startedraining » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:13 pm

I never even knew there was a glitch
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby interestingword » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:20 pm

Had I known of this, I would have gone straight to you or another admin, I'm so sorry this happened! And to be honest, I can't believe this happened, I never expected people of Eldemore to exploit a glitch like this. *sighs*
Hopefully the repairs won't take too long! *sends in dire wolves to help despite knowing they won't be of much help with this very serious problem that I shouldn't be making jokes about*
still here, still here

howdy! my name is Sting
podcast fiend, dungeon master
and wildlife ecology major~
my fave pronouns are he/??

ask me about snakes!

mkairalla1 is my parabatai!
Gwen is my argent buddy!
interestingword

Postby Scar » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:23 pm

I didn't even know there was an exploited glitch at play here, but its really disheartening to hear. =(
Especially hearing that out of the many that knew, only one informed y'all of this.
That is very sad and disappointing.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE
ɪᴛ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ ❞

ImageImage
text text text text text text t
Have questions?
Feel free to drop a PM! c;
Have an great day!

"Scar- the Ancient of Destroying Evidence"
"I like big men and I cannot lie~"

text text text text text text t
✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby Donut » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:59 pm

So that is why someone offered me them... I had been wondering. Thanks for catching this so quickly and shame on those who exploited it.
Donut

Postby Novadragon » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:21 pm

This is sad to hear about :/ thank you for the update and hope this deters people from doing something like this again in the future.
Novadragon

Postby Distortionist » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:45 pm

How very disappointing. Thank you for taking action so quickly.
***Offering FR treasure/stuff, artwork, or older trades for this month's outcomes, token, and event pets***
Birthday Nov. 30

Watch Me Grow! wrote:ImageImage
Trading Guidelines wrote:
Some things you should know before you hit trade C:
- Mass accumulating ligers is my ultimate goal -
- Nothing I only have one of is for trade unless overpay -
- Baubles are appreciated, but not needed -
Distortionist

Postby Silverhart » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:47 pm

I'm so sorry this happened at all, especially for you admins; having to do all this work because of some users' thoughtless and selfish actions. It's really disheartening to see, but I feel the community at large is wonderful and you have our support. It's just a shame that we had some bad apples, and that they've cause such a problem. :(

I'm happy you guys caught it, and are fixing it. Thank you for everything you do for the community!
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby SkieNight » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:45 pm

This is very sad and rather disappointing. I'm very sorry for the admins of this site for having to go through and spend their day trying to reverse something that could have been stopped ahead of time. I'm happy it was caught soon though and thank you all so much for fixing it as soon as you could and taking time out of your day to do this. Really though, thank you and I'm so sorry something like this had to happen.

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby KisaWolfz » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:45 pm

Wow. That is very disappointing news.
Truly a shame.

I hope everything is worked out, and you guys get everything taken care of.
How disheartening.
KisaWolfz

Next

Return to Announcements