Artist Applications (CLOSED)

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

Artist Applications (CLOSED)

Postby Benathorn » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:57 pm

- Become a part of the Eldemore Artist team -
(Create official site pets, get to know the staff, and add your talent to the world of Eld!)

Hello everyone, due to one of our artists having to unfortunately step down, and another now being only to help out on occasion, I have decided to place up applications once again to find a few artists to replace the ones we've lost. Cloudstarwolf has many things to attend to in her personal life, and though we are sad to see her leave, we only wish her the best for the future she is working hard towards. Her amazing artwork and dedication will be sorely missed.

Now we are looking to add some new and passionate talent to our wonderful team! We are seeking a few new artists, and will give everyone ample time to fill out applications. Most of the same rules from the last artist job posting will apply to this one, but be sure to read through them before applying. Some things have been added or changed.

Simply fill out the form to the best of your abilities and I will review all applications that are submitted here at the end of the application period. We can't wait to have more wonderful members join and help us build the site. We look forward to all your great works of art!

Now on to the applications: We are searching for one or two new artists to be added to our team, depending on the submissions we get. Our requirements for such will be very specific and forms will be found below to give more detail on what we are looking for in both artistic ability and quality of work.

We will only be taking applications from October 18th through November 8th. This should give everyone enough time to turn in their forms and ask us questions if need be. We may also extend the time if not enough apps are sent in or meet the requirements. A few days after all applications are submitted, we shall review and inform everyone of who we have chosen. We look forward to having new additions to our artist team. Thank you all for your wonderful support of our site! <3

Requirements:

- You must have ample time to devote to both the art and the site. This is the number one requirement. Do not apply if you believe you would be unable to do this! We understand very well the pressures of life, work, and school, so we ask that you do not strain yourself if you know you will be busy. Remember, real life comes first, but also understand that you are joining a team of other artists and staff that will rely heavily on your support and art for the site.

- You must be aged 16 years or older.

- You must have been a member of Eldemore for at least a month or more, and in good standing.

- You must know the species you will be working on and a bit of the lore behind them. It will just not do to join our team and not know what a Liger, Elkrin, or any other creatures here are.

- You must have full access to an advanced art/photo editing program like Photoshop CS3 or higher, FireAlpaca, or SAI (free program).

- You should be able to open and save PSD files, as well as work skillfully with layers, styles, and effects.

- You should also have good file management skills, know how to use zip files, and know how to name and organize your art files.

- You should definitely have reliable access to the internet.

- Any sort of experience with other pet adoptable sites or art sites in general should be stated within your form. We would love to have an experienced artist join us to help with our larger event projects and the like.

- Understand that this is a volunteer position. Though we do pay you for any work you do with baubles, we are not an agency that can provide you with real world currency or benefits. Our site is a great place to gain experience for your artistic skills and add to your resume. However, please understand upfront that we are not offering any gainful employment.

- Please fill out all parts of the form to the best of your abilities, using legible English. If you have any questions please PM either me or Jendalie.

- All forms must be submitted here on this thread for review and qualification for the current position.

Code: Select all
[b]Eldemore Artist Application:[/b]

[b]Name:[/b] (Only your Eldemore site username should be placed here)

[b]Examples:[/b] (attachments and/or links to your works of art)

[b]Former Experience:[/b] (Worked as a pet artist/designer before?)

[b]Do you agree to devote a steady amount of time to being an artist for this site?[/b] (Please state how many hours a day and how many days a week you visit this site on average. If you are not active or have limited time to offer please do not apply)

[b]Do you know the Eldemore species and lore?[/b] (To be an artist here you must know what species you will be working with and have an interest in the lore and the site itself)

[b]Why do you wish to join our team?[/b] (Please state what has inspired you to join as an official Eldemore artist and why)

[b]Extra:[/b] (Any extra information that you would like to add? Any other experience or information you need to share?)
Benathorn
Administrator

Re: Artist Applications (OPEN)

Postby Grifforik » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:03 am

Oh no! That's unfortunate. I hope they're ok? And Good luck to everyone who applys.
Grifforik

Postby Serenity7677 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:21 pm

I agree, I would apply myself, but I haven't been on here long enough. Only a few days, but I know forums like this one well still. Though, rules are rules. Good luck everyone!
What is there to say? Hi and I love you all?
Serenity7677

Postby foxxwish » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:40 pm

I guess I'll be the first? :3 //internal nervous screaming

Eldemore Artist Application:

Name:
Right now it's foxxwitch, but I normally go by foxxwish ^u^

Examples:
My own characters: x x
Other people's characters: x x x
Lineart edited (original lines aren't by me) x (original lineart) x (uncostumed) (original lineart)
PA Approved Artist application lineart edit example (I'll explain below ^^') x

Former Experience:
I don't know if this counts, but there's this other adoptable site called PetAdoptables and they used to have this function called "Approved Artist". Basically it works the same as artist applications on any other site, except there's unlimited spots so as long as your application is approved you can join as an "Approved Artist". For their application I needed to show them I can do both colouring and lineart editing (plus shading my own lineart edits); I included my lineart edit example up there as well - the dog base is not by me but the seaweed and salmon was drawn by me, and I did cell-shading on those parts since those were their site requirements. I don't know if this counts though because they removed the "Approved Artist" feature, but I thought I'd include this. Other than that I've never been an artist on another site, but I do believe a person has to start from somewhere right? c:

Do you agree to devote a steady amount of time to being an artist for this site?
I visit Eldemore at least twice per day. Since I have school, I can't say I'm terribly active at the moment, but I do check Eld quite a lot when I'm at home after school. I'd say on average I spend about 2 hours on Eld during school days, and maybe 8+ hours during the weekends. Normally I art during the weekends as well so that's probably when I'll be away from the internet (or, well, it'll say I'm online but I'm actually idling because I'm focusing on my photoshop application and not looking at google chrome).

Do you know the Eldemore species and lore?
I'll be honest and say I'm not the expert on the site lore, but I do know what the main lore is behind each species. I'm not going to write out everything since there's a pinned post on the forum all about the lore, and if I ever do find myself in doubt about something regarding the lore I know where to check. I find Eldemore to be unique because of it's lore and so I definitely find it quite interesting.

Why do you wish to join our team?
Like I mentioned above, I do believe one has to start from somewhere. I've always found art to be an enjoyable pastime and a relaxing distraction from the stress of schoolwork, so I really do hope for the chance to be able to extend my artistic skills even further. I know I'm not the best at designing characters, but while there can be plenty of opportunities for me to practice, like going online and downloading bases, the reason I'm applying to Eldemore is because of all the unique species that can be found here, because normal species bases like regular dogs/cats/felines/canines can get a bit.. "plain" to design on sometimes, and it's hard to find good bases of uniques species online because I'm a bit picky when it comes to lineart that I want to colour in. I also find the Eldemore userbase to be quite friendly, and feel that this would be a great place to get positive feedback and improve on my designs if I do get a chance to design something for Eld.

Extra:
Since I asked Bena about this and she suggested I include this in my application, I may prefer to do a set of designs every alternate month and not each month. Not because I foresee that I'd definitely only be able to get on Eld//draw only once per two months, but because I'd rather not guarantee that I can do a set per month only to end up not being able to do so because I suddenly got busy.

Also since I do realize my drawing style is rather simplistic and cartoonish compared with most of the art on Eldemore, I probably won't be doing body line edits like the Foxfire runes litter or the Wisdom Seeker runes litter. I'm definitely willing to try, but I just thought I'd add that. I might be better at doing line edits like accessories instead of body parts like talons/beaks/ears/tails/etc. I understand completely if you'd prefer to hire someone with a more realistic style though!

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my application, and best of luck to everyone else who applies! c:
ImageFoxie | ♀ | teenager | naïve; easily exciteable
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
Most people around call me fox or foxx but feel free to call me whatever as long as I know you're talking to me c: I am 13 hours ahead of eld. My favourite species are glassworks and otterlings. I think I have way too many infinite hoards 8D Please don't feel discouraged if you don't have any pets on my wishlist as my wl mostly comprises of 2013 bazaar pets; I have mostly everything else. Bad trades and bad attitudes irritate me easily but other than that I like to think of myself as a nice, friendly, easy-going person, so feel free to talk to me, I don't bite! Unless I'm hungry ;P
foxxwish

Postby Kiinotasha » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:24 am

Name: Kiinotasha

Examples: 1(this was done on Chibi Paint) 2 3 4(done in paint) 5 6 7

Former Experience: While I do not have any formal experience on a site creating designs I have had experience making designs before. I used to be a part of an RP forum and I would make characters for people there. They would provide me a palette, song, picture, or two parent characters and ask me to makes something for them.

Do you agree to devote a steady amount of time to being an artist for this site? I have ample time to devote to Eldemore (20+ hours a week at least if needed) and generally get on at least five days a week for several hours at a time. I do work part time at the moment for a hotel and my hours vary from week to week but I generally have at least one full day off.

Do you know the Eldemore species and lore? I have read over the lore and myths of Eldemore, though I do not have them memorized by heart I do know the basics of them.

Why do you wish to join our team? Joining your team would not only me to give back to a site that has given so much to me, but I feel it would help me on the road to becoming a better artist as well and show me how far I can go.

Extra: I am currently up for a promotion for my job and if I would get it means that I would move from being part time to full time. while I don't think that this will cut back on the hours that I can devote to Eldemore I may be away more than I am currently.
"It has been said that 'Time heals all wounds', I do not agree. The wounds remain in time the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone." -Rose Kenady
ImageBy Skelisteri
ImageImageImage
Kiinotasha

Postby Falsanthin » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:24 am

Name: Falsanthin

Examples: Link to my fanart topic (link to fanart topic with work in progress sketches in signature)

Former Experience: I have no official previous experience other than hand drawing sketches for artists to make custom items for me on other sites i play and limited amounts of sprite lining for other peoples personal projects on dragon cave. All my fan art is self taught and i'm still improving on it.

Do you agree to devote a steady amount of time to being an artist for this site? I visit the site multiple times daily and i can devote a few hours to art projects on my days off from work (usually on a tuesday/wednesday and a few hours each night after work on other days)

Do you know the Eldemore species and lore? I might not know every detail about the lore since i only joined back in april but i know the basics of them and i'm very familiar with the different species that have currently been released and their outcomes.

Why do you wish to join our team? I've always enjoyed waiting for outcomes to grow and seeing how they turn out and i'd love to contribute to that and improve my skills even further. I've got so many ideas for outcomes i would love to see and would love to be able to challenge myself to make creatures people would find horde worthy XD

Extra: I mainly use Gimp V2 so not sure if that meets the requirements as an advanced art program and all my artwork is mouse drawn not tablet. Other than that thanks for considering my application and good luck to everyone else applying :3
Last edited by Falsanthin on Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Falsanthin

Postby Scar » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:05 am

Name:
Scar is my name, and I have no intentions on changing it. ^^

Examples:
Eld-Fanart w/Tablet:: X X
My creations w/Tablet:: x x x x x
Pet Designs:: (with permission and all credit going to Grifforik for the pet lines)
First Stage Final Stage
First Stage 1st Outcome 2nd Outcome 3rd Outcome 4th Outcome

(( These next few weren't done with a tablet/laptop but they're digital, and they follow my same art-style as if they were done with a tablet ))
Eld-fanart:: X
My creations:: x x x

Former Experience:
To be honest, no. The only other pet site I've been on before joining Eldemore was Chickensmoothie, and to be honest, I wouldn't want to apply as an Artist there. Nothing against CS, I just feel they have their own good amount of members in their team. And well, personally, it just feels too crowded.
Now, that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to, I'd love to be an artist for a site and help with what I can. With Eldemore, it is still new and growing. I'd feel more comfortable and acceptable with making art here, as I proceed to grow and get better with my art.
And if this downgrades my application, so be it-- but for one to get a taste of the world of being apart of a site team, they have to try somewhere.

Do you agree to devote a steady amount of time to being an artist for this site?
I'm on pretty much everyday, can't confidently say 25/7 as I have to sleep, go out places(sometimes travel) but aside from that, I am free. I'm out of highschool, I don't attend college nor do I have a job(this may change down the road) so I have plenty of time and a nice, reliable internet. If I could give a rough time estimate... probably ranging from between fourteen to seventeen hours in one day, though for a lot of that time I'm probably idle and doing other things. But that's about a rough estimate on how much time I can possibly be on.
Nowadays though, I find that I'll log on and off periodically throughout the day, perhaps six or seven times- maybe more- as having so many tabs open at a time can slow my laptop down.

I'm very knowledgeable of the animal species up to this date and their outcomes, though lore-wise, I'll probably have to periodically read up on the pinned board as my memory is honestly not good, and I often doubt and forget details-- but I'm a fast learner, so sooner or later my lazy brain will have them mesmerized. Which for me isn't an issue as I enjoy the lore and imagination behind Eldemore, so reading up frequently over the same thing is fun and enjoyable to me.

Well, firstly, I've had a love for art since kindergarten, drawing specifically, and without lessons to guide me, I've learned through trail and error(which probably shows), and I've improved through my own pacing. With this in hand, I find that it's a great stress reliever and often helps me during times of depression. Also, I love seeing how excited everyone gets when the pets age up, and I just want to surprise them with my own twists, and drive myself to make outcomes that they'll love and cherish because the community is simply amazing, and I feel inspired to make them happy.
Secondly, I feel that joining this team would help me both improve in my art, as well as help me grow more confidence in myself; if you know me, you'd know I have very low self-confidence and I belittle this talent of mine to the point I don't think it much a talent at all. Not only this, I feel it would help me get over my fear of failing, and get a feel of what it's like to have to get things done by a certain time. I'll be straight-forward as you need to know if you do have intentions of choosing me, I'm horrible when it comes to procrastinating, but I wish to break myself of this.
And lastly, I wish to join and give as my way of saying thank you. To keep this short, Eldemore has bettered me in more ways then one(I have significantly improved in my digital art since being here), and has helped me through some very tough times. Even now it helps me as I suffer through depression and loneliness. Not just the community but the admins as well, y'all are just too amazing and I feel so undeserving. There's not a day that passes that I wish to give my thanks in some form or fashion, and while a simple 'thank you' would be suffice to y'all, it doesn't feel like enough for me.

Extra:
Ever since the first Artist Application, I've wanted to apply but I didn't feel quite ready, at least not until now.
I feel more aware of how FireAlpaca works as well as handling a tablet. I do also have Photoshop Elements 7 as well, and if its accepted, I may use some of the effects on there as I'm more keen on them and how to use them(if its not alright, just say so, it's totally fine).
I should also state while I do have an abundance of free time, this allows for unexpected events to pop up but most of the time this lasts only a couple of days unless by the chance we're out of town for a week or two. Though in these cases I normally always bring my laptop and if internet is unavailable, it'll allow me time to focus on drawing.
Now, I'm open to doing pet designs every month, as I'm not familiar with it and the set time limit that comes with it. I'm very sketchy on this as I don't know how I'd react in these circumstances, but what I'm trying to say is this; I'll try to deliver each month but by chance I can't do it every single month, don't get upset. I have no experience in this(aside from drawing coloring sheets out for my dad for Wednesday nights at church, and I normally only have 1 to 2 days to get it done; but this is traditional drawing and not digital) and so I don't know what my limits will be, but taking my free time, my availability to the internet and owning a tablet that I'm fairly accustom to-- I feel confident that I can try for every month.
This brings up something else, I can't guarantee major line edits-- I'm fairly decent at changing minor things here and there, adding jewelry or markings but I'm hesitant in my skill of editing lines. If line editing isn't a mandatory thing all the time, then I have no qualms whatsoever. I may push myself to trying to, and in these cases, I hope you can bear with me as I'm constantly learning, and so I can't guarantee they'll look the best in the world, but I'll give it my all. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to drawing, if something looks off, I'll look up tutorials or pictures to try and get them to look proper.
One last thing, if you consider choosing me, I may need some educating on matters of zipping files. I have no problems with using PSD files, and I have ideas on matters of naming files(though if given an example of what you're wanting in naming the files, it would help too) and keeping organization but I'm kind of uncertain on that one thing. I do have a program that allows for unzipping and zipping files but I've never used the zipping part of it, and I'd feel more confident if given a little helping hand. I feel its a very simple thing to learn, but I do better hearing it(reading it?) from someone else. As said, I'm a fast learner.

If all I've given makes me sound too much of a handful at this given time, then I understand. ^^
I can wait for another time. You never know until you try if you're worth or not, I at least now feel I am at a comfortable place where I can do this unlike past ones, but if I don't yet seem ready for this in your eyes, then so be it. Better be positive then uncertain. ^_^

Thank you for reading, and possibly even considering, and for giving this chance-- I wish everyone the best of luck, for y'all are all awesome. ;3 Much Eldemorian love~ -- scar

Last edited by Scar on Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE
ɪᴛ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ ❞

ImageImage
text text text text text text t
Have questions?
Feel free to drop a PM! c;
Have an great day!

"Scar- the Ancient of Destroying Evidence"
"I like big men and I cannot lie~"

text text text text text text t
✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby Magic Man » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:50 am

Um, little question, could I do something along the lines of designing?
Like, if an artist is stuck for a theme, I could doodle something up and they could use/go off that?
Kinda like, i 'd doodle this and that and they could draw it?
Came out more awkward than I wanted..anywho
Though I'm not entirely sure how themes are chosen, by artist or whatever, just thought i'd ask, sorry for bothering ^^'
Magic Man

Postby -Cole Stargazer- » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:21 am

Name:
-Cole Stargazer-

Examples:
My DA with examples and CS Oekaki with Examples
[Sorry that so many are cover pages, I use SAI more than Oekaki but have to post it on CS]

Former Experience:
I run the species Makoatls on CS as both the owner, and an artist, and pretty much all the jobs. That's about it other than just designing for fun ;v;"

Yes. I visit every day. I haven't been active lately but for a good period I would spend at least 5 hours on a day. I can do that again as well if hired, as I work at home as a free lance artist.

Yes, I do. I really think the lore is fun to learn and read about.
It gives background to this whole site which I love a lot.

I really think it could give me experience as a designer and help me out with my art carrier.
I joined this site in October 2013 but didn't really get active until January of this year. But I would really love to help out and contribute more to the site while gaining skills that I could use personally.

Extra:
[size=90] have a lot of free time every day as I really only work an hour or so per day outside of my house. So I have lots of time to dedicate to drawing, designing, and all that. Usually I have internet wherever I go, but if for some reason I don't I can just work on designing [say for a long vacation on the east coast or something]. But still, I think I have more than enough time to dedicate to designing, and I'd really love to help design and work on this site with you guys. The lore and everything that was put into this is fantastic and I'd love to just be a part of it.

Thank you for this chance to join the team.
☆Status: Gone☆
Contact me on one of the sites below!
Chickensmoothie ll Toyhou.se ll Flightrising

Thanks! Have a wonderful day! (•ᴗ•)
-Cole Stargazer-

Postby samo7777 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:44 am

Oooooooo! I wish I could apply but i'm just under the age limit. Oh well! i'm sure you guys will be hiring again! this just gives me the chance to get better!

samo7777

Next

Return to Announcements