Artist Applications (CLOSED)

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

Artist Application

Postby Hyensa » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:47 am

Eldemore Artist Application.

Name: Hyensa

Examples:
1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9

Former Experience:
    I have owned multiple species on chicken smoothie. Links located below.

Worked for: X Khuma adopts

Species I own or have owned:

X Mana Geared Hyena's (under reconstruction)
    X Docksen's (closed)
    X Canis Reptilius (sold)
    X Faeleons (an open species)
    X Spikes (an open species)
    X Croc hounds (an open species)
    X Calad - Faer (sold)
    X Gwyndors (gifted away)

Do you agree to devote a steady amount of time to being an artist for this site?
I have a ridiculous amount of free time and muse with nothing to use it on. Although I occasionally have to do things with family, take care of my reptiles and insects as well as sleep (lol), I am a very active member of the site and will have more than enough time to design, design ahead, communicate with the community and make things for events. Tuesday's and Thursdays I will be gone from 5 AM to 8 PM, but available after that from 8 PM - 10 PM. I am on an equine drill team and practice is brutal.

Do you know the Eldemore species and lore?
Yes, I know the species & lore, and I enjoy reading it more than once. I would successfully be able to work with the species and channel my muse equally into any of them. Example; not channeling more muse into a Drake because I like them more than Dire's. I would also like to say I would base some of my designs off of the history, magic and locations of the species, making them seem like they have more of a story behind them.

Why do you wish to join our team?
I feel like it would be really fun to pass the time that I have, and I'd love to make designs for people that enjoy coming here and seeing what's new every month. I also feel I would not disappoint neither the staff nor community with my designing skills. Eldemore is a very fun website and I'd love to contribute as much as I could to it and make some friends along the way. I'd also love to grow my designing skills on Eldemore. Being able to work for the site and work along some amazing artists would be very fun and it's something I would genuinely be excited about no matter how long I'm doing it. I may not be an amazing breathtaking artist like most of the applicants here, but I'll work my heart out trying to make eldemores pets look beautiful, unique and impressive.

Extra:
I use a $300 tablet with pen pressure built in, have photoshop, FireAlpaca, Photobucket, SAI, etc. I am familiar with a wide variety of keyboard commands, PSD, ZIP, and can keep my Eldemore stuff organized. I have very reliable access to the internet as well as a work space I can make designs at. Layering would not be an issue, nor would effects or line editing. I have a good amount of idea's just laying around I would love to share as well. I would take the communities critique on my art maturely and try next time to be even better. I have money to spend on any program that would make sure my designs are good enough to be presented, and my drawing styles can change when I want them to, although it'll look weird to me and will take a little longer to be happy with, haha.

Thank you for this chance & good luck to everyone else entering.
Last edited by Hyensa on Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:33 am, edited 8 times in total.
Hyensa

Re: Artist Applications (OPEN)

Postby LunaHydreigon » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:17 pm

Withdrawing due to employment to a gaming company. I'll maybe try out next year (if possible), anyways good luck everyone! ^.^
Eldemore Artist Application:

Name:
LunaHydreigon

Examples:
http://lunahydreigon.deviantart.com/gal ... ommissions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Former Experience:
I work for Terra Monsters and I am currently and slowly helping create a game called Monster Tamers. I've also sent over 80+ Successful Art Commissions on my Chickensmoothie Art Shop. :)

Do you agree to devote a steady amount of time to being an artist for this site? (Please state how many hours a day and how many days a week you visit this site on average. If you are not active or have limited time to offer please do not apply)
I am fully active every day, but have school of course. xD But I am able to manage my time wisely while keeping a straight A record.

Yes I do know about them and the lore. :)

I'd like to join because Eldemore is a great place with great people, I've enjoyed my time here and wish I could help out more by making art for everyone to enjoy. Like on my Art Shop, I don't make art for the money, I make art for the people to make them happy. As my saying goes "Customer Satisfaction! Whether payment or art!"

Extra:
I've expanded my drawing style into cars and humans also. My range of drawing is very wide and nearly unlimited to any challenge I face. C:
ImageImage
- I use the following items -
I use Paint Sai to create my drawings, rarely GIMP for effects these days.
The tablet I use is a Wacom Bamboo Tablet.
Also I can animate but I'm still learning. :)
Finished Version at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nDvPr9tG6c

Thank you for the chance and I'm sad to hear that there are some artist leaving. 3:
Last edited by LunaHydreigon on Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.

--------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage
Founder of Choro-Q Universe | July 16 | Proud Artist
"To Watch & Protect"
~Necro-Plazam, God of Plasma~
--------------------------------------------------------
LunaHydreigon

Postby Mira » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:37 pm

Name: Insanity Abyss

Examples: Some examples of my drawings.
http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2 ... 83s4w3.png
http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2 ... 7xpwr8.png
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/ ... 7wnavt.jpg
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/ ... 7whifc.jpg
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/ ... 7v8k7o.png
http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2 ... 7srwq4.png
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/ ... 7jigq8.png
http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2 ... 7u2tyb.png
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/ ... 84gipp.jpg
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/ ... 84ovdf.png
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/ ... 84x449.png
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/ ... 852550.png

Former Experience:
No not really, just in private events like for a friend creating monsters and textures for his game, and promotion for a theatre. About 3 weeks ago I joined Flight Rising, there you can make custom dragon Skins. I'm on to try to color them and it's quite good to practise drawing with layers, styles and exspecally to design with an existing outline. I see that as test to proof myself in creating with basic lines. Also drawing is my hobby and I practise it all day to improve my drawings. I also write on a story with my best friend and we desing our characters by our own with own species. So may if you want to add something very new I'm up to develop something like that.

Do you agree to devote a steady amount of time to being an artist for this site?
I'm on here about 9-12 hours a day the whole week. Sometimes I'm at my grandparents house at the morning on those days I'm just 9 hors online. I very rarely meet freinds or something. All in all I guess I can stand the time to spend to be an artist and right now I don't have to go to school or somewhere else. To be an Artist would make the time a bit shorter, but in all case just the time in which I'm active, even if I'm drawing, I leave a tap oben and stay online.

Yes I know the species very well. I studied them very briefly by reading the 'Eldemore Lore and Info' Thread on here and I visit the codex everyday to check for any updates about new species and may some informations about them. To know basics like the magic marking on the rune dragons wings are some of the most importand knowleage for being an Artist. I also like it to sort them into different groups to have a good overview. But honestly sometimes I can't make the difference between Ligers and Dire Wolves, but only when the dire wolf hasn't his typical tail like the beta Dire Wolves.

To be honest, in a far future I want to make my own virtual adoption side and I want to proof myself if I can stand such a high responsibility. To get experience would be the best, and I really need such experiences. To find another webside like this is very hard and the one who is the most similar is way to large to get even a chance to become an artist or even get informations or any help advice. Also I really respect the artist for thier work and I really want to be a part of this team! I love drawing, creating and developing new species, characters and even landscapes at all.

Extra:
I'm a girl from germany and sometimes my english fails a bit because I didn't realize my mistakes till someone tell me what's wrong, so I apologize in advance if I may have some spelling mistakes in some points.
I use the wacom intous pen and touch Tablet and I draw my arts with Photoshop CS6 and/or with chibi paint on Chicken Smoothie. I'm quite familiar in working with layers, shading and light effects. My personal style is quite expanded, I don't just draw furries, manga or animals, I draw nearly everything and I always try to learn drawing more and more.

Thank you very much for giving me the chance to even try to become an artist on this side! And If you don't choose me as artist I hope I could be a guest artist once. :)
Last edited by Mira on Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Mira

Postby Fawx » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:05 pm

Name: Fawx

Examples:
Coloring only;
-✖ (Tyasi's Shop)
-✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ (Aywas PSDs)
Coloring and Edits;
-✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ (Tyasi's Shop)
-✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ (Emberwolf's Bat Eared Foxes)
-✖ ✖ ✖ (Aywas PSDs)
Full image Lined and Colored;
-✖ (Based off of one of Emberwolf’s Adoptables from Bat Eared Foxes)
-✖
-✖ ✖

Former Experience:
I was a minimod and artist on an adoptables thread called Bat Eared Foxes created by Emberwolf on Chickensmoothie; I'm Kyuubi No Kitsune there. I have also done editing and coloring on the bases created by Tyasi in her Seasonal Event Art Shop. Additionally I did color some PSDs for Aywas site members as seen in examples above.

Yes I certainly do. Although, recently, I have not been able to be a steadily active member, I’ve had a greater influx of free time which I will devote to Eldemore. I try to visit the site every day, but I usually appear only 3-5 times a week for about 2-5 hours per visit. There are times when I stay on for the entirety of the day though.

Mostly. I've read up on it and I think I'd be comfortable working with any species. I used to follow the main thread back on CS and I've read most of the pet descriptions there. I was just a bit stumped to enter in the contests so I just cheered my friends on. I've read the Eldemore lore page on site from top to bottom as well, so I'm familiar with species and lore.

My friend, Tyasi, got me into this site and I always see her enjoying herself here. I thank her for introducing me to a community with a basis of amazing lore, fantastic art, and awesome people, so I’d like to help out and give my fair share. Since I like editing and coloring bases, this would be a great position for me to better grow in both personality and art, while also helping to nurture this new site into an amazing adult.

Extra:
I’m a college student so during the time of finals or midterms I might be hindered a bit but I will still perform my duties. The programs I use are Photoshop Elements 8.0 and PaintTool Sai.

Thank you for the consideration!
Last edited by Fawx on Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Yo. I'm Fawx. Pleased to meetya. I'm just a reclusive artist here on Eldemore.
Indigo Ink Caps and a Restful Snooze. +Extra and Ephraim.
Side note; I prefer hoard pets over wishlist pets.
⌠The Temporary Art Shop⌡

Fawx

Postby Mavric » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:12 am

Name:
For the month of October I am Demonic Mavric, but I am going to go back to just Mavric afterwards

Examples:
DeviantArt Account

Former Experience:
I have had a few unsuccessful adoptables, but I do know how to design things. I kinda wish I had a better way to show what I can really do, heh.

Yes. I work full time, but whenever I am not on the clock I am typically here, silently stalking, watching, waiting. (LOL)

Yes I do, I love keeping up with the lore! I love the stories behind everything, and I love how there is actually a place for humans in the lore! (If I had a choice I would be a Dire Warden XD)

I absolutely love Eldemore, everything about Eldemore is amazing from the newest users to the creators. If I could transform the world to be more like Eld I would in a heartbeat. This place is like a home to me, and to be able to be able to offer something to Eldemore would be just outstanding!

Extra:
The program that I am currently using is GIP 2.6, I can quickly learn a new program, but it would have to be a cheap/free program
News from Mavi wrote:I am doing ok, some days it feels hard but I know
I am not alone. I know there is so much more to
Learn and there is so much more to see, so hopefully
life goes better this time, hope is all we've got at
the end of the day. I am always willing to lend an
ear and an open heart to those who need it. We
are all strong in our own way.
we've got this! c:
ImageImageImage
Mavric

Postby Ticklicous » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:03 pm

Just making this reply so I can come back when I get some good examples and such.
Ticklicous

Postby Alex » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:43 pm

Name: Alex
Examples: Let's see-- I have yet to draw something with fur (I'm currently in the process of doing so, so yay!) but here are some examples. c: These were all done within 45 minutes (10 minutes for lineart, the rest for coloring), so I apologize if this is "poor quality" by your standards.

Former Experience: Almost worked as an artist for a site called Zenkai online, but that didn't work out due to my view on copyright. I was an artist on a short lived adoptable site called TeeniPets; however, as I mentioned, the site was short lived and never got into full swing.

Do you agree to devote a steady amount of time to being an artist for this site? I'm on this site at the very least two hours a day, every day-- unless I am on a band trip or with family. So, yes, of course. I'd love to do more for this site rather than buy baubles whenever I can.

Do you know the Eldemore species and lore? Well, of course. I'd hope that everyone that has been on the site as long as I have would know.

Why do you wish to join our team? To do something creative. I find myself not being able to use my abilities IRL or on here due to lack of motivation. I also love to have my art appreciated-- and maybe critiqued, if it's constructive, of course. I'd also love to improve my skills.

Extra: Let's see. I should be getting Paint Tool SAI back soon (I had the trial for a while, loved it.) but as of now, I use GIMP. I just recently bought a new laptop, so I could download the trial from there if needed. If there's any specific program I should try to use, I'd love to know. Also, I apologize if my application is really short. Also, I'd like to point out that I will be editing this post a few times, mostly to add new examples. ^^; Edit: Tried FireAlpaca and it's fantastic. I'll post my work here ASAP!
Last edited by Alex on Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fingers crossed that this site will come back!
Never mind, anything you see is up for grabs for CS. Rares for rares of the same year, VRs for URs, stores for stores etc.

CS
Alex

Postby Ethindal » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:22 am

Name:
Kurokuma

Examples:

Older Designs:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

More Recent Designs:
1 2 3 4

Older Designs with More Edits:
1 2 3 4

I would've added examples with a pencil and paper but I didn't see it too important for a digital artist.

Former Experience:
I have worked with many, many species on CS xD I owned Simas, but sold it a few weeks ago. I designed for them for a year or more now. I did Psuedodragons as well along with Mirs, Saurons, and others I can't remember the names of. I was drawing on there since 2012, but haven't drawn anything recently sadly. My examples are all kind of old. I'm better at drawing on paper honestly, but with hard work I can draw the same on the computer.

I happen to get on my computer every single day o the week, unless of course there's some big event, gathering, etc. I get on usually when I get home from school around 4pm and could stay up to somewhere from 1am or somewhere around there. Maybe somewhere around 8 hours or so, depending on dinner and all it may change. On weekends I am on basically all day from around 10am-anywhere from 1am-3am or something like that.

I read all of it when I first joined the site back in August. Within this time I have gone back over it when I had nothing to do and have also studied the certain pets that I actually own, looking over the designs and all. I would say I do know them quite a bit. I'd never be perfect with them, but at least I'd know most of it.

I always look at the designs created here and always wonder if I'll ever do something that good. I'm always more embarrassed about my work cause I always think it's bad compared to others'. I want to get my work out there now there and design things that will actually do something other than sit in my sketchbook or personal gallery. I have always loved Eldemore and its species since I joined and even before when I was watching the species on CS. I want to work my art skills so they get better like the artists here. I want to share my skills with others to enjoy them. I want to also feel better about my own art.

Extra:
I am currently taking a type of advanced art class for the semester at my school. I work with more realistic drawings and drawing from looking from a model or picture. I always draw these weird fantasy creatures, but never have designs. Doing designs here might help me with that.
It's not often, but sometimes I have problems with my computer. I had to reset it already once and so far it's working fine. If it has problems again I'd try to fix it as well as tell so there won' be any problems. Considering there are 3 computers in my house, I might still be able to do things even if my laptop doesn't work right.
I have been on the site since August 2013. Sadly, I missed the special pet releases like a few birthday pets, but I've been on that long for sure. I get on every day and all that, and I usually either trade or just organize my pets. I chose to apply cause I really wanted to do more on the site and to actually do something for others.
I have used FireAlpaca for a bit and before that I used SAI, so I'd use either of those 2.

Horace, who had been trying to find
out the meaning of Kurokuma for some time
now, was pleased to hear the translation.
"Black bear," he repeated. "It's undoubtedly because
I'm so terrible in battle."

"I'd guess so," Will put in. "I've seen you in battle and
you're definitely terrible."
Check out the new book I'm writing! You can find The Seven Swords: Ethindal here!
Ethindal

Postby lizziecat1279 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:45 pm

Name: lizziecat1279 (I go by Lizzie)

Examples: My best examples are going to be http://katjalore-creatures.deviantart.com though I also have my main deviantart account http://lizziecat1279.deviantart.com

Baby
Image Image
Adult
Elder *resized to be smaller so that it'll fit in the post

The one of the left was based on the Blue Tree Monitor (Varanus macraei) as a custom for a contest winner. I got very busy in terms of actually being able to do art this week and so was not able to complete the example. The one on the right was a standard adopt with standard markings (meaning I reuse them with different colors and such after they've been created). It is my Xizita species from Katjalore-Creatures

Former Experience:
I haven't worked as one on a site like this but Katjalore Creatures is very similar in the way that it is coloring on a premade lineart, sometimes with lineart edits and intricate custom markings. I made Katjalore from the ground up, so all of the linearts and lineart edits and markings that you see in the gallery are all my own original work (with exception to a few individual pets that were colored by guest artist friends of mine).

Right now I feel like I average a daily visit to check what my pets grew into that day, and often once or twice throughout the day when there's not an event going on. I'd say I could probably dedicate 3-5 hours a week (obviously more if I'm making a litter of pets) on average. I do have work and other artistic obligations, but I'm certain I could juggle them fairly well!

It's a lot to absorb but I love refreshing myself on the lore and rereading everything because it is so fascinating. If I didn't know a piece of lore or a bit of species info I would dig for it, like I have done at dA adoptable agencies for something as relatively simple as a personality.
However, what I lack in knowledge about the lore itself I make up for in my encyclopedic knowledge of the names of all of the pets on the site (especially if each member in a litter has an official name that's different from the others of the litter, like how the Wisdom Seekers rune dragon owls has Snowy, Barn, and Great Horned or how the darker zombie deer from the latest event is the Cyanotic Undead rather than just the Undead Stag number 2). I've gone through the codex so many times tweaking my wishlist and hoard lists...and it's the same thing with all of the locations in the explore tab. I just love going through them all and admiring how pretty they all are.

I keep seeing how much fun the other artists like Grifforik have with people guessing what they have put together and I want to have a piece of that experience. I want to be the only person who knows what my litter is going to grow into until it actually happens. I can also imagine that this could help buffer a resume for concept design art (which is my dream field that I need to start pursuing more intensely). I would be considering this in the same light as an unpaid internship where you get a few rewards in return for your services (but it's still mostly used as a stepping stone).

Extra:
I would hope that I would be able to do this long term (as I'm certain you would as well, looking over these applications), but I need to make it known that I do plan on going to college soon (within the next two years) so that may interfere with computer time along with work currently. I don't think it'll be a problem for a while, and I'll bring it up if I know far enough in advance that I would need to sit out for a month or just do a smaller litter or something like that.
As you can see from my main deviantart gallery and Katjalore Creatures, I am proficient in a wide variety of styles, and the weaknesses that I have (such as backgrounds and creatures that I don't have their anatomy memorized) really wouldn't show up here. I would be able to do complex lineart edits (and would actually really enjoy doing that {x} {x} {x}) and can think of many designs that would fit the body shapes and flavor of the actual species themselves (so you don't have something that's completely inaccurate to the lore, at least nothing more out of lore than the spotted cat Dire Wolves!). I am talented at taking a basic idea and turning it into something fantastic, as you can see with my hybrid and design seeds adoptables in my main account. I feel like I would be a great asset to the team, and would love to have my name on something like this :D

Grifforik suggested I link these http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&b ... id=1028250 to show my skills with adding things to a preexisting lineart, recoloring it, etc. If you are uninterested in seeing all of the random details (such as my pricing and the like) then you can scroll down to the pickup/faves box or head to the spreadsheet to look at the archives https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 7Uin2sr1E/

Good luck to all the other applicants! And thank you Benathorn, Jendalie, Sphye, or whoever else may be looking over these for your time!

Have a great day!
Last edited by lizziecat1279 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
If you want to trade with me then go for it! I'll always prefer wishlist/hoard pets but I'll also accept pets that I don't have the monthlies of.

Art is my drug

Find my tumblr at heckacentipede and lizziecats-art
On flightrising as well! lizziecat1279 #10943
Also on CS lizziecat1279

I regularly participate in gifting people, so I apologize if I don't have doubles to trade!
lizziecat1279

Postby Abrota » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:12 pm

Name: Abrota

Examples:
Original: http://sta.sh/0lriougl5qs
http://sta.sh/026qy5kvr1qo
Colouring only: http://sta.sh/01fflx3pep8y
Additions and colouring: http://beastkeeper.com/resources/pets/c ... r_2995.png
http://beastkeeper.com/resources/pets/u ... r_2436.png

Former Experience: I have made skins for beastkeeper.com, some of which have been used by other players.

Do you agree to devote a steady amount of time to being an artist for this site? I agree to commit time to the site. I’m available every day though I do have other projects to work on. I don’t spend a lot of time on the site except during events, mainly due to the lack of things to do :)

Do you know the Eldemore species and lore? I have read the lore and I love the fact that each species has its own personality. I can’t wait to learn more about the story of Eldemore.

Why do you wish to join our team? When I first found the site I fell in love with the art here, especially the more unusual creatures, which I find to be inspiring. I hope to learn from the team to expand my creativity and knowledge of art.

Extra: Many of the examples are on beastkeeper.com, feel free to contact me on that site (same username) if you wish.
Last edited by Abrota on Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageMint Swirl Prong Fox
Abrota

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements