Artist Applications (CLOSED)

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

Re: Artist Applications (OPEN)

Postby Pear » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:30 pm

Eldemore Artist Application:

Name: Pear

Examples: [x]-[x]-[x]-[x]-[x]-[x]-[x]-[x]

Former Experience: I am currently an admin and artist on my site Capi Forest, so I definitely know how adoptable sites work and I am improving monthly.

Do you agree to devote a steady amount of time to being an artist for this site? Yes, I do agree to spend time on this site.
I do not visit for more than an hour a day because I am not active on the forums. But I do try to get on and adopt pets on the first and I come back every day to check up on things. I will definitely try to get online more often as time permits.

Do you know the Eldemore species and lore?
Yes, I do.

Why do you wish to join our team?
I love making adopts and working with colors. Joining the Eldemore team would be a good learning experience for myself. Plus it would be fun making pets for another site on the web besides my own.

Extra:
I own a Wacom Bamboo Create tablet and I have PS7, PS Elements 10, Autodesk SBE, & Gimp. I mostly draw on gimp, and I am really familiar with working with layers, organizing files, and zipping files. It will be extremely easy for me to use the .psd's if I were chosen as an artist.
Thank you for this opportunity. Good luck to anyone applying!
Last edited by Pear on Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pear

Postby scree53 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:22 pm

I would apply but I can't download any of those art programs at the moment. D: But good luck to everyone who enters, and I'm sure whoever wins will provide Eldemore with stunning art. c:

✚ ✚╰☆╮✚ ✚
â•­ ...................................â•®
Something happened to my signature. WIP.
╰ ................................... ╯
✚ ✚╰☆╮✚ ✚

First Friend Ever on Here <3 ♚ Coding
scree53

Postby Dreissea » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:10 pm

Name: SoubisSacrifice

Examples: Pet created specifically for this application:
Lineart edits and color for Pet Adoptables
Linearts and bases I've done from scratch for a developing website
My Deviantart (not too much on there, but some non-adoptables art. Some mature content, but tagged mature, so should not be viewable to non-adults)

Former Experience: I created some pets for Pet Adoptables which are in circulation, and I have developed all the lineart and bases for an upcoming website. I taught myself Photoshop through tutorialized.com, and I am learning something new pretty much on a daily. I can do lineart, shading, and coloring (example created purely for this application shown above took me around 3 hours to complete.) I am very flexible, and I am very good at delivering renditions based on verbal or written descriptions. I have done art commissions for people in the past, and have never had someone who disliked the work I did for them.

Do you agree to devote a steady amount of time to being an artist for this site? I am on the site at least once a day, multiple times throughout the day. I would obviously spend more time on here as a staff member than I do as a regular member due to the responsibility factor. I mostly lurk in the forums, but as a staff member, I'd make more of an effort to post. I am working with Photoshop every day on many different projects which helps keep me from getting burnt out on just one project, so I would have no problem getting pets done in time. I do not work right now, but I do go to college full-time. My assignments never take me an entire day; however, and I usually devote at least 4 hours a day to working with Photoshop.

Do you know the Eldemore species and lore? I can't boast that I know all the lore word for word, but I do know that I like the Dire Wolf lore the best, and being a Dire Warden would be awesome. I suppose the important thing is that I know where to find the lore should I forget something and need a reminder.

Why do you wish to join our team? I just love to do art and to share art even more. Being an artist for an adoptables site is pretty much the ultimate way to share your art because people are actually adopting your designs and trying to collect them all.

Extra: I use Photoshop CS6 and a Bamboo Tablet to do my art. I am proficient with zip files...I use winrar to do the unzipping and to create new zip files. I am very well organized, so I'll never lose my work. I own a computer that has been custom built for graphic design. I am a full-grown (between the age of 25-30) woman with a live-in boyfriend and 2 children. I am also an Army veteran, so I know all about responsibility and keeping timelines. I am used to keeping a busy schedule, and I have very reliable internet. Also just wanted to note that the bases made for the developing website are rough on purpose right now. I am working on getting them all approved before I go back and fill in gaps in the base or shading, and erasing any base that has leaked through the lineart.
Last edited by Dreissea on Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dreissea

Postby kiel » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:03 am

Name: Skye~

Examples: Entry art for a CS character adoption
Fun pixel thing~
Quick effect example: Add+Overlay+Multiply
CS adopt: Add+Overlay
Simple drawing by mouse with a ref
-adding more when I find them-

Former Experience: Yes, I've mostly done adopts on CS before, but I have done some others for other sites too. The only thing that I'm concerned about is that I can't draw full-body line edits that match the Eld linearts. I can do edits here and there, for about half the creature, but I can't re-draw the detailed lineart and hope for it to look the same xD

Do you agree to devote a steady amount of time to being an artist for this site? Yes I've become dangerously active here; aside from school, when I can only be on for certain times, I'm usually here at least 4-6 hours a day, and just looking around the forums and chatting with the community. I've taken to this site more than CS now because their user population is making it claustrophobic, as in way too many users. It's a good thing, but it gets confusing when you get so many trades at a time. Putting it plainly, I'm a lot more interested in prehistoric creatures, or mythical creatures, rather than real ones. The CS butterfly wolf was a nice spin, but add a touch of uniqueness and your cat becomes a serval, your dog a dire wolf. I've already quitted CS pet collecting for the most part and am only there now for the Oekaki and my friends. Otherwise, I spend all my time here.

Do you know the Eldemore species and lore? Although I love all the creatures here on Eld, my favorite has to be the dire wolf. The intricate lore is just very interesting in itself and you'll never look at your pickpocket serval the same way again, nor the dire wolf as a loyal and determined companion. It adds a bit of spirit into everything here. A dog will be a dog--until you give it a backstory. This is exactly what's happening here and every month's pets are very look-forward to. Then there are the events--well thought-out, and surprising! The storyline and art are just jaw-dropping for me, and especially this year's halloween event--it was just so creative, it leaves you hanging off the cliff. Who is Muzu looking at? It all fits together in a piece at the end and is just amazing work.

Why do you wish to join our team? I've sent in applications hesitantly for the 2-3 previous artist searches when I knew I didn't have the skill to help out as an artist, so I've been working on art over the summer, and yay there's been improvement. When I'm artist for realistic linearts like the ones here I am always better at creating natural but unique designs rather than changing the lineart drastically but then not doing a good job on the coloring. I know how to use the different effects on different paint tools like FireAlpaca, which I use mainly and am most familiar with. I always think that it's not just the practice that makes a person better at something, it's also the people they work with to make things go smoothly. Being in an area where everyone else has different designing styles is good for the entire team where everyone learns from each other. While I won't be as professional as some people I know the basics and a little more into creating different realistic effects, and when I draw realistically I usually have several references by which I learn from. And with every new prompt you have you get better and better at it.

Extra: I've got all the requirements down, can compress into .zip files, and everything down that list. Although I have the ability to make a litter every month without question they will have to start slightly smaller and gradually grow bigger (about 2 months) and I have lots of time to donate to help out Eldemore. Also, next year I will be getting a new laptop (that's thankfully not inherited) and also a drawing tablet that will make my life so much easier qvq Thanks for reading my(fourth, I think? xD) artist application form, and good luck to everyone! Good luck to everyone and may the most artistic Eldemorians step up to help the site! x3
kiel

Postby DemonAsh » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:48 pm

Name:
DemonAsh

Examples:
X I colored this for a different game for my custom colored pet. This was a PSD file
X I made this skin for Flight Rising although, I never decided to put it up on FR because I didn't think anyone would like it. This was a PSD file
X X X X These are some things I colored on CS with other users line arts.

Former Experience:
No. I was never brave enough to apply.

Do you agree to devote a steady amount of time to being an artist for this site?
I'm not on much right now, simply because I really only adopt the monthly pets and come on to see what they grow up to look like, but if I were to become an artist, I have a lot of free time, and I could probably be on 3+ hours a day all week.

Yes I do.

I like doing art things, though, I'm only really good at coloring, so being an artist for a site has been something I wanted to do. I also really love the line art for the species on here. I'm not sure what inspired me, maybe its just always been my wish to be an artist on an adoptable site.

Extra:
I can not do line art edits. I use SAI for art.
I know how to color PSD files.
I am over the age of 16
I have good file management skills.
Zip files is not my strong suite, but my brother is excellent with them and has already offered to help me if I become an artist.
I can't think of anything else to say, so I will just leave it at this, thank you for the chance.
Last edited by DemonAsh on Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Demons have dreams to...
This demon dreams of...
DemonAsh

Postby Liirarwen » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:08 am

Name: Liirarwen

Examples:
My adopts thread (Chinchillas of Llafar) - lines + shading, designs, thread layout was all done by me
I was also an artist for Mwittens, Morphers, and Shiba Inus (I only did designs for these adopts; none of the lines or shading were done by me)
Easter shop - while most of my works here are commissions of other people's designs, the linework/shading etc. is all mine and I do have some example designs that I threw together.
Oekaki gallery - two oldest pictures were drawn with a mouse; last one was with my tablet
My first art shop - this was a graphics shop rather than adoptable designs but I thought I would throw it on here anyway

Former Experience: I have worked as an artist on multiple species. Some were of my own making or own art shops, but most were others' art shops who hired me. I have experience in many forms of art, including traditional, digital, pixel, and graphic design.

Do you agree to devote a steady amount of time to being an artist for this site? Yes, I agree to devote whatever it takes to be a good contribution to the site. I haven't had as much time in the past few months to be on Eldemore as much as I'd have liked, but things are starting to settle down and I feel that I am ready to potentially add something more to my plate. I cannot say precisely how many hours a day I am on here because over the past few weeks it's been extremely varied but I am on, if not every day, at least 6 days a week.

Do you know the Eldemore species and lore? The different species are all so unique and interesting to me (Ligers and glassworks are my personal favorites!) and I have really enjoyed reading all about the lore of Eldemore! I am knowledgeable about each species and am itching to make designs on those beautiful lines.

Why do you wish to join our team? Eldemore is an amazing new site and I am really excited to have become a member as (relatively) early as I did. I think this site has potential to be a huge hit and I want to help it on its way by contributing to the effort of making creatures for the monthly users. I've been on CS for several years now and have really enjoyed interacting with artists there and seeing the dedication of their time for the members, and I'd love to have an opportunity here to become more involved in this great community and give back to the members of Eldemore.

Extra:
I use a Bamboo Wacom Tablet and PSE10 and have been doing so for over three years now. I love working with eye-pleasing colors and experimenting with different designs, both intricate and basic. I have had lots of experience designing little creatures all over CS, and am excited at a chance to draw designs for Eldemore!
Liirarwen

Postby Secret » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:10 pm

I'd apply, however I honestly don't think I have the time at the moment. Good luck to all the artists applying :)
ImageImage
Secret

Postby Bast-et » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:55 pm

Name: Bast-et

Examples:
This species, lines, shading, and coloring was all done by me for this form =)
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

DeviantArt Examples: X x X x

Former Experience:
I've worked as an artist for several pet adopts on CS including Cyber Bunnies. I was also an admin and artist for the Nordanner breed on DeviantArt.

Do you agree to devote a steady amount of time to being an artist for this site?
I will devote the time needed to be a productive artist for Eldemore. Already I visit everyday, usually throughout the day to check on the threads I keep up with.

I do indeed! I've been a Eldemore member since the CS adopts and followed the runies here when they got their own site. I also keep up with the lore because what makes Eldemore so special and fun to spend time on is the history and magic Thorn and Jen have created.

I had the honor of being a guest artist for the CS adopt thread and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd love to repeat the experience, and become even more a part of the Eldemore community.

Extra:
I'm proficient in Photoshop, GIMP, and Sai, and I have all three loaded on my laptop. I also have access to Cintiq Wacom tablet that you can draw directly on. I've been improving greatly in the time since Eldemore has been its own site, and hope to be able to show you. Thanks for the chance!
-Bast
ImageShivali
Bast-et

Postby Sentoki » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:39 pm

Name: Sentoki

Examples:
Custom art
(art is done by me, designs may not be owned or done by me)
Link because of size, Image Image Image Image Image
Designs
(art may not be mine, but designs are wholly done by me)
x, x, x, x (only the two in the column to the far left), x
Art and characters belong to their rightful owners.

Former Experience: Unfortunately not, although I was a guest artist for a few weeks for an adoptable species on CS (which is now dead due to the owner disappearing).

Do you agree to devote a steady amount of time to being an artist for this site? Yes, I do agree. On average, I spend about 2-3 hours on eldemore a day, 7 days a week. Sometimes 5 or 6 days a week instead of 7, depending on RL situations (outings and gatherings with family and friends, study groups, project work, etc.)

Do you know the Eldemore species and lore? Yep, I do! In fact, reading about the many species of eldemore and its lore was what I did first upon joining, even before I adopted my first batch of pets.

Why do you wish to join our team? Eldemore is an amazing site with absolutely beautiful art and pet designs. The community is wonderful and friendly, and I would honestly love to be able to help out the site and the community is any way that I possibly can. I would have applied for the artist applications earlier this year, but I was still a new player then, and hadn't yet qualified for all the requirements for posting an application form. I do believe that I have satisfied are the requirements now, and thus, iI'm applying for the position.

Extra: I work with a Wacom Intuos Manga tablet, and the main programme I use is Paint Tool SAI. Due to an eye condition which has made my eyes overly sensitive to brightness, I cannot look at bright colours for too long without getting tired, and cannot look at neon colours at all (I'll be blinded for a few moments if I do). I also cannot differentiate between two similar colour shades (though this doesn't affect me most of the time). I don't have much experience with .zip files (havne't needed to use them much) but I can use them quite adequately. Also, as I'm a student, I do tend to have studies and projectworks which make me unable to come online all the time, but I am and will be able to stick to the amount of time stated above.
Last edited by Sentoki on Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Art by Zizan-Chan on deviantart

Art by Zizan-Chan on deviantart
Sentoki

Postby Diddlebug » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:27 pm

Name:
Diddlebug

Examples:
X - X - X - X - X - X
For more examples please refer to My DeviantArt

Former Experience:
I have not been an artist for a site, but I have worked as an artist with many adoptables that run on CS such as Boba Tea Pups, Feather Tail Foxes, and Paradise Dogs. I ran my own art shop and an art shop with a friend.

I have been inactive for a small period of time recently, but I try my best to at least get on once everyday to at least check in. It did take me some time whether to apply, but I would have not applied if time was a conflict of issue. I typically spend two to three hours on weekdays, and on Weekends I could be on from two to six hours a day depending on what I have going on.

The species and lore of Eldemore is one of the things that excites me about this site. I have read over the site lore several times, either to refresh my memory or to entice my curiosity. I remember being so excited to see the new lore that was added when the site was developing. I was even weird enough to look back at old runes that were created before I joined the Eldemore community and I would read about each of them and what makes them unique.

I would rewrite this section, but the feelings I have will never change about why I want to join the team. This community was so welcoming when I first joined, and many who welcomed me then are on this site now. I want to give back for all the kindness that not only Bena and Jen showed me, but many of the team members that work on this site now that welcomed me when I first joined on CS. Even on the fanclub the people were fun and creative. I have enjoyed adding my thoughts to this world of creativity. I would and still spend days looking at all the forums on this site and all the chit chat. It truly puts a smile on my face to see them relishing in all the team has created, and it would be amazing to be able to contribute to those smiles. I have many days where I find myself sitting around with nothing to do, and this would be a fun and exciting way to fill up my time. I love looking at all the pets and creatures already made and it inspires me and so many ideas start to form, and this would give me a chance to share that. Everything about the Eldemore team to the users who make up the community is warming and fun, and I would like to give thanks and show my appreciation towards this.

Extra:
I am still using SAI and have only grown more experienced in using it. I own an intuos pen and touch tablet, and I use it for most of my work. I know these are only works, but I hope to prove that when I devote to something I will give it my best shot and nothing less. When i first joined the eld community I was just starting with my art and being influenced by such great art pushed me to become better and I have Eldemore to thank for me being a better artist. I am quite awe-inspired by the site and all the work that has been put into and I thank you for the great opportunity to apply.
Links wrote:—‹ My Deviantart
—‹ My Chickensmoothie
—‹ Characters
Diddlebug

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements