Artist Applications (CLOSED)

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

Re: Artist Applications (OPEN)

Postby Lunarsnow » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:58 pm

Eldemore Artist Application:

Name: Lunarsnow

Examples:
[x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
More realistic style: [x] [x] [x]
Sketchy linework: [x] [x] [x]

Flight Rising skins (colored in lineart): [x] [x]

Former Experience:
I have no experience as a pet artist or designer for a site like this. The closest thing to pet artist/designer type things I've done is skins on Flight Rising. Everyone's gotta start somewhere right?

Do you agree to devote a steady amount of time to being an artist for this site?
Yes I agree. I visit the site usually once a day for about an hour and am on for shorter periods throughout the day trading or reading up on/participating in the monthly pet discussions. I'm most often on in the evening around rollover time to see the new growths and such. I'm not extremely active forum-wise but I can definitely be more active if required.

As of right now I have a part time job and am not in college which leaves me ample time to devote to Eldemore as an artist.

Do you know the Eldemore species and lore?
Yes I know the names of all the species and the general lore behind them. I also know where to look if I need to read up on Eldemore lore related things. The lore is super interesting and I'm excited to see the world of Eldemore continue to grow and develop.

Why do you wish to join our team?
I think it'd be good experience working in an artistic environment so to speak. It would provide me with a chance to get my art out there a little more and and possibly helpful critique from the userbase or the other artists. The community here seems wonderful and I'd love to get to contribute to it's growth as an artist. And in turn it would also most likely help me grow as an artist as well! I'd like to push myself to see what I can do.

Extra:
Animals and creatures are definitely my strong suit, with human faces and clothing being a weakness. I'm open to doing line edits, but would probably not do any major ones until I felt comfortable with drawing in the style of the existing lineart. Admittedly my preferred drawing style is rather cartoony compared to some of the official art here on site, but I don't see that being too much an issue in designing monthly pets and the like. I am definitely capable of doing more realistic and detailed things if given the time.

In addition I am over 16 and meet the other requirements as well. (capable art program, can work with layers, can open/save PSD files, good file management, etc.)

Thank you for reading and good luck to everyone else! ^^
Lunarsnow

Postby Roonie-Roe » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:09 am

Eldemore Artist Application:

Name:
Roonie-Roe

Examples:
Full/finished:
[x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

Sketches/Unfinished:
[x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

Color-ins/designs:
[x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

I also made the avatar that I'm currently wearing... :P

Former Experience:
I've been an artist/designer for various adoptables on CS over the years, including the following:
Cheetah Eggs
Pixel Dogs
Cyber-bunnies
Nyreidans
Gigaton Behemoths
Serenity Shelter

I'm also currently a moderator and icon/backup pet artist for a small pet site called Ichumon.com. (backup artist meaning if one of our usual pet artists is unable to draw a pet I'll either sketch it out and pass it along to our item artist to be lined and colored, or end up making it myself. It doesn't happen too often though, lol.)

I was also co-owner/admin/artist for a couple of other adoptable/pet sites such as Arcadia Isle and Rainy River. They're sadly no longer running however.

Do you agree to devote a steady amount of time to being an artist for this site?
I do. I try to get on everyday, at least once or twice a day, and usually spend about 3+ hours on the site each visit if I can. I'm currently unemployed and not attending school so have quite a bit of time on my hands to dedicate to the position and work on art when needed.

Do you know the Eldemore species and lore?
While I'm still quite new to the site I am familiar with all of the species and I have read up on the lore a few times since joining. I find it very unique and interesting (I think I'd fit right at home with the Liger Keepers, being the solitary, knowledge loving sort, lol) and I'm very much interested in learning more as time goes on.

Why do you wish to join our team?
To be honest I've been a little hesitant to try for the position... If only because I'm not the most confident of artists and sometimes second guess my abilities (and can be a little bit slow as a result because I'm never satisfied and constantly nitpicking my own work, lol). But I'm always willing to grow and learn new skills and I feel that I could possibly have enough to give to help this site grow and prosper, if given the chance. I feel it would be a great experience to collaborate with other artists and would help me gain more confidence and skill in my work. ^-^

Extra:
Well, I use a laptop and I draw using a Bamboo Fun Pen and Touch tablet. I use mostly Paint Tool SAI, but I also have and use Photoshop CS, albeit a super old version, but it still works for most things (text, transparency, effects, etc.). I use CS's Oekaki a lot too, but that obviously doesn't count too much for the work I'd be doing here, lol.

I'm very much familiar with using layers and I also know how to use .zip files and organize files and such so I don't believe that should be an issue. :)
Ö

Ö

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Rest in peace, Daddy...
~ May 26, 1936 - May 20, 2016 ~

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Image Image
[My Hoard List] [Chicken Smoothie]
[Flight Rising] [Dragon Cave] [Furry Paws (join?)]
Roonie-Roe

Postby Benathorn » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:13 pm

Artist Applications are now closed!

Thank you to everyone who participated and submitted a form, we shall be reviewing the applicants for the next few days and will announce our decision in a separate thread when we have decided on our new artists~
Benathorn
Administrator

Previous

Return to Announcements