New Limited Bazaar Item- Stone of Random!

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

Re: New Limited Bazaar Item- Stone of Random!

Postby OwnedByCats » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:53 pm

I planned on getting a few stones but I had to wait til the last day as that is when payday is. To suddenly change the end day seems quite unfair to many of us. If you need to change the rarities of the pets given out do that, give out fewer rare ones but this is sooo unfair to many of your players.
ImageImageImage
If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?” ~ Stephen Wright
OwnedByCats

Postby Deathbringer » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:00 pm

now I just need to wait 3 years and the pets I've gotten are finally worth more than I paid ;D

though I have no clue what an gemstone rune would be worth now?
don't even remember their original bazaar price >.<
Image[/center]
Deathbringer

Postby Benathorn » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:56 pm

OwnedByCats wrote:I planned on getting a few stones but I had to wait til the last day as that is when payday is. To suddenly change the end day seems quite unfair to many of us. If you need to change the rarities of the pets given out do that, give out fewer rare ones but this is sooo unfair to many of your players.

This has been quite the experience with many saying that a lot of things are unfair while others enjoy it. The point about this stone was to give users who wished to participate a random chance at getting a store pet from the past year. We thought that would be a great chance for many, but instead we got numerous complaints no matter what we said or suggested to try for the future. The reason we took it down early is due to a lot of things, not just the rarity of the pets. This was all a great learning experience and we felt it best to remove the stone early for the benefit of everyone, as well as the site as a whole.

Yet, despite how hard we tried to actually make this whole ordeal fair, not every user is going to be pleased nor will I try to satisfy everyone. It's just not going to work, and honestly we may not do this at all next year due to these sorts of responses and the amount of stress it placed on both the users and the admins.

If this does become a thing for the site then many of you will have a whole year to prepare for the next stone of random. But do note that we always try to make everything on this site as fair as possible. We put countless hours into this place and to hear that we are being unfair to so many of you is upsetting to say the least with everything we do.

For now this thread will be locked. If you have something to discuss you can take it to the discussion thread for this topic in the forums. Remember to keep things civil~
Benathorn
Administrator

Previous

Return to Announcements