New Limited Bazaar Item- Stone of Random!

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

Re: New Limited Bazaar Item- Stone of Random!

Postby Secret » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:49 am

Angel Archer. wrote:Woah, people here are so rich o: I bought 400 baubles to get the store pet set, and thought it would be enough for the New Year's release... Eheh, if Steam would just stop with the sales, all my money would be spent here ^^"

I'm not focusing on the Bazaar and birthday pets yet anyway, just the monthlies and events for now. Congrats to all the lucky people though c:

Yeah I spent a lot of money on Steam as well...

Awesome idea Bena :D

AND THANK YOU
I have died several times over... I GOT AN ELDERWIND
ImageImage
Secret

Postby DaDwarf » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:45 am

Kinda disappointed with the price ono p i thought this was going to be a thing everybody can participate in, but now only the rich can. I suppose its a good way to get funds for the site but if you can't afford it you get kinda left out.

Maybe a tip for next year/next time you do this - create a limit so that people can only buy this 5 times, or 8 times, or whatever, so that rich people won't get a super advantage over people who simply cant afford?
Trading this and more for cs! Quitting major part of eldemore, dont want all these pets anymore!
DaDwarf

Postby CrescentMoon » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:11 pm

so tired of people winning like seriously! first people whine that they'll never have a chance to get the older pets, now its too expensive for a chance to get them, and now its 'oh i wanted new pets'. just be grateful at least! im sure the admins worked really hard to think this up and you know what, its a GREAT chance! so please dont be sad, im sure you will miss a pet in the future and will be able to trade the 'bad ones' you got from this(not that any of these are bad lmao) and you will be able to trade him for something else! they are already all worth more than future bazaar pets so shush! *angry rant done*
~Wonder in Ashes~
ImagePandora
CrescentMoon

Postby Duskfall » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:40 pm

I guess I should be happy:

ImageImage

I did get a legendary {the egg} and I got another one that I haven't seen before. I was hoping to get some WL, but the legendary sure helps me out.
Mainly on CS, link on profile page
Duskfall

Postby LunaHydreigon » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:58 pm

We hope you all enjoy the Stone of Random, regardless, and thank you for your support! ~Edemore Staff

Erm Bena, you forgot the L in Eldemore. ^^ Just wanted to point our your mistake.

Hm, maybe some day I will get the chance to grab a Elderwind, Flame Elkrins and the Phoenix one day after these next three days. :)

--------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage
Founder of Choro-Q Universe | July 16 | Proud Artist
"To Watch & Protect"
~Necro-Plazam, God of Plasma~
--------------------------------------------------------
LunaHydreigon

Postby Bassnectar » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:50 pm

Overall I have spent 2400 baubles for 6 packs, I only bought 200 of those and traded cs pets for the rest. I don't feel like the pets I got were worth $100, but I only spent ten of my own money and I don't care about the cs stuff so overall it was a good investment. I feel like little warning we got helped me a lot in the end because I would have probably bought a lot of baubles xD

I definitely think the price is unrealistic to a lot of the younger kids on here who don't have their own source of income, but I guess having it after Christmas is a smart idea because they'll all have Christmas money to blow :b Still pretty pricey when your chances for getting the super rare pets are honestly pretty low. I understand wanting to preserve the rarity of the pet, though, so it's just really conflicting.

In the end, it's a huge gamble, but you are supporting the site immensely with each pack you buy. It's worth it if you can afford it because you'll be getting valuable trade fodder either way, but I can see a bunch of people getting jealous or upset that they can't participate. Perhaps including a chance for two or three very lucky people win a free stone, by participating in the forums or hitting the token limit during events to enter yourself in a drawing. Just a suggestion ^^

I got a Phoenix drake, blue flame elkrin, clover glasswork, and many more good pets that will make excellent trade fodder. I've traded for an amore, and two stained glassworks (I hoard them all), as well as two glitches for my ancient hoard. I really want to trade my blue flame for an elderwind, and I have tons of fodder to add to my side, but they're so scarce D:
Paracosm
A paracosm is a detailed imaginary world. Paracosms are thought
generally to originate in childhood and to have one or numerous creators.
The creator of a paracosm has a complex and deeply felt relationship
with this subjective universe, which may incorporate real-world or imaginary
characters and conventions. Commonly having its own geography, history,
and language, it is an experience that is often developed during childhood and
continues over a long period of time, months or even years, as a sophisticated
reality that can last into adulthood
Bassnectar

Postby TurtlezSoup » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:58 pm

I think this is a good idea, while I don't think I'd be able to afford it until I get a job (so I'll miss out on this one), it'll definitely help out the economy (if not now, then in the future). I'm just grateful we have the re release at all, a I don't think many sites actually do this, leaving a lot of pets/items hard to get and pretty much unattainable. So while I can't afford it now, I'll be sure to try and save up some pocket money of something so I can try it again next time! I'm glad as well that it'll help the site grow and continue to run.

However, I do have a question: will there be a re-release for free pets (at least the adoptable ones), or if there is one already, when is it? I hope I don't sound rude/greedy or anything, I'm just curious as eventually even the free pet's will become almost unattainable (similar for what would've happened to Bazaar pets if it wasn't for the stone of random).
TurtlezSoup

Postby scmarshtacky » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:03 pm

TurtlezSoup wrote:However, I do have a question: will there be a re-release for free pets (at least the adoptable ones), or if there is one already, when is it? I hope I don't sound rude/greedy or anything, I'm just curious as eventually even the free pet's will become almost unattainable (similar for what would've happened to Bazaar pets if it wasn't for the stone of random).

Bastion's Heart is a feature that Eldemore is working to implement now. This will allow you go get older monthly releases and such. The full blurb about it is here. ^^

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
scmarshtacky

Postby kiel » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:38 pm

ASDFGHJKL
*runs to baazar*
And for the most epicest falil ever: I'm short 30 baubles. WHYYYYYYY
Ugh now I have to borrow the ones I need...and figure out a way to live through the poverty after xD
But it's worth it if I can get those last store WL owo
kiel

Postby cjr09 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:54 pm

I'm actually really excited! I'm gonna have to buy some more Baubles, so it's time to throw all of my Christmas money at Eld~

I've got all of the pets so far (minus one elusive Beta Glasswork) but I'd really like another Phoenix Drake (For an Eldsona character bond) or a Glitch Ancient for my hoards~ I'd always regretted not buying more, and here's my chance!

To be honest, I was really against the idea in the beginning- as someone who bought extra Bazzar pets to be sold at a later date- but this is really cool! It's putting more of them in circulation and not hurting their value~

Now if only there were a rerelease for the Beta

So basically, I'm throwing all of my money at Random and trusting myself to his whims. Wish me luck!
cjr09

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements