General Helper Applications

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

Postby Benathorn » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:01 pm

Hello everyone, November seems to be quite the month for submitting applications, and with a lull between our Halloween and Christmas event, we would like to accept two General Helpers onto our staff team. Our site has been growing wonderfully these past three months that we have been open, and we can't express our thanks enough for everyone's support! However, we would like to extend the opportunity for at least two users who can devote their time and help to helping others.

What's a General Helper?
For Eldemore a General Helper is someone who helps the moderators and admins around the site. (Think Tiddly Winks only a lot bigger and not as smart mouthed. XD) You will be tasked with meeting and greeting new people, providing helpful links and information, and answering any questions many may ask repeatedly on our forums. A General Helper is there to both help you and the staff as best they can and are an important addition to any team running an up and coming site that is steadily growing.

Requirements:
There are a few requirements that we are looking for in a general helper. Be sure to read below so that you may see if you fit the bill.

- Must be at least 16 years of age or older.

- Has ample time to devote to the site and others. (Please do not consider applying if you know you will not have the time to do so! We understand life and school must come first, so only apply if you believe you have the time to give towards the site.)

- Has a familiar knowledge of the site's lore and layout.

- Knows important links and information that can be useful to new members.

- And most importantly: Is kind and helpful to everyone they meet!

General Helper Applications:
As you can see, the requirements are not too difficult or extensive. We are mainly looking for at least two members that can offer both their time and support to everyone on the site. So if you believe you fit all these requirements and wish to help, please fill out the form below and post only in this thread. You will have from November 2nd till November 8th to submit your apps. We will then take the time to review and contact the two members we fill will best serve the site and its many users. Any questions you may have can be PM'd to either me or Jendalie, in the meantime, we look forward to your forms~

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b] (Please only submit your username here.)

[b]Description:[/b] (Please give a brief description of your understand of Eld lore and important info and links here. We would also like for you to tell us of how you can be of help to new users and if you've had any prior experience to moderating for other forums or sites.

[b]Extra:[/b] (Any extra info you feel is relevant to tell us may be written here.)
Benathorn
Administrator

Re: General Helper Applications

Postby Sphye » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:53 pm

Name:
Sphye

Description:
Well, I enjoy talking with other members of the site, through PM or on the forums. I find it a lot of fun to greet new members, and to answer any questions I can that somebody might need help with.
I have a fair amount of knowledge of the world of Eldemore, with such fascinating and creative creatures and lore, so I could help with most questions concerning such.
I have plenty of free time to devote to the site, generally between four and six hours a day. I like to keep most areas of the forum read, excepting on occasion some of the faster-moving areas, like the forum games. Even still, I try to keep up with as much of the forum as I can.

Extra:
My time zone is one hour behind eldemore time, so I can typically be found online around 8:30 to 12:30 EST. If there are any major changes in my scedule that would restrict the amount of time I could be online significantly, I will make sure to inform you.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby kiel » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:27 pm

Name: Silverstar (Please only submit your username here.)

Description: I am a welcoming person and I enjoy helping others out. I have a fair amount of knowledge of Eldemore's lore. I am open to help anyone out to the best of my ability. (Please give a brief description of your understand of Eld lore and important info and links here. We would also like for you to tell us of how you can be of help to new users and if you've had any prior experience to moderating for other forums or sites.

Extra: My time zone is a few hours behind Eldemore but even though i may not be on for a long time daily I am quite active and I will log on more frequent if i need to. I will be around typically at noon on most days for an hour or so, but I can be online long enough to help out. (Any extra info you feel is relevant to tell us may be written here.)
kiel

Postby kyojuro rengoku » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:02 pm

Name: Nightmare Moon (Please only submit your username here.)

Description:

I am a kind person (By what all of my friends say... :3) I have learned a good bit about Eldemore, its lore, and navigating on it. I will help new users by asking them if they need any help navigating around Eldemore by PM (I do that a lot on CS for some reason, I love helping <3) and I have been a mod on a couple of Minecraft servers (If that counts) I am creative but my art is usually terrible, and I spend a lot of time either in the Roleplaying forums or the Forum Games. I love the pets on Eldemore, they are the most beautiful graphics I have seen <3
(Please give a brief description of your understand of Eld lore and important info and links here. We would also like for you to tell us of how you can be of help to new users and if you've had any prior experience to moderating for other forums or sites.

Extra: I might not be on a lot currently because a recent event just shook my family. Other wises, I'm on regularly(Mostly on my IPod) (Any extra info you feel is relevant to tell us may be written here.)
Last edited by kyojuro rengoku on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxImage
xxxmy name is rat || she/they || nb lesbian
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxtwitter||cosplay ig||ao3
kyojuro rengoku

Postby Sarill » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:51 pm

Name: Sarill

Description: I am a friendly and helpful person, and I love Eldemore and everything that it contains. I have been around since the rune dragon thread on CS, and have a good grasp of the lore. I know the answers to many basic questions related to Eld, such as: Will there be an archive? Where do you collect candy? What is this pet? and many others. I spend large amounts of time daily on this site, and read through most forum posts purely out of curiosity, which I can easily upgrade to all, at least until the site gets much bigger. I am enthusiastic about everything to do with this site, and I would love to be able to join the Eldemore team!

Extra: I am an hour behind Eldemore time, and am usually on for several hours a day. All of my posts will be run through spell check, and I hope to be a part of the Eldemore team!
Deo <3
Sarill

Postby cjr09 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:05 pm

Name:
cjr09

Description:
Unfortunately, I know frustratingly little about the lore of Eldemore, more about the animals than the places- how there are very few Elkrin Riders and that Rune Bearers can become them (With any hope, bringing back the Elkrin) and that Ancient bonds are very powerful and can be very dangerous. I can direct people to links and all the important things- Like the rules and the outcomes and such- and I stalk this site so I generally have visited every thread on here. I do try and say hi to the newbies (Sphye usually beats me to them though- seriously if you're looking for a person pick Sphye-) and I try to abide by all the rules (Even if I do forget the caps lock one sometimes(I do apologize for that, by the way)). I'm on Eldemore almost 24/7- I'm quite good at managing play and work at the same time. I've never really had any real moderator jobs or anything on other websites, but I do try to be helpful on all the ones I frequent.

Extra:
Seriously through- Sphye. They're probably one of the most helpful people on this site- I know I've asked them (I don't want to say He/She because I don't know) more than a few questions. (I don't even know if I'm allowed to do this- drop a recommendation that is- but really, Sphye's the best.)
cjr09

Postby Aralas » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:55 pm

Name: Aralas

Description:
Hello!
I've been on this lovely site since September, so I've gotten to know a lot of the important stuff. I did see these creatures on CS when I was scrolling around the oekaki forum, however I never did try to obtain one of them. I did admire the artwork though! I regret the fact that I never did get one of my own. That's one of the many reasons I decided to join this fantastic site. I've done my best to learn as much as I can about Eldemore, and I'd be honored to teach my knowledge to newer players. I'm very friendly and patient, I will not get frustrated and irritated when people ask me lots of questions or ask favors.

Experience wise, I love to hang around the Introductions forum on CS and talk to some of the recently registered users, answer their questions and just get to know them. I'm not a General Helper there but I try to get some experience in those areas. :D By doing this, I've been able to have some good conversations and get to know those people very well, at least, as well as you can online, haha.

Extra: Basically, the reasons I am sending in an application are these:
I really want to give back to the community of Eldemore.
It's such a great site, you guys work so hard everyday to make this wonderful site so freaking enjoyable for us, and I really would love to help you with the newer users; answering their questions, giving them helpful information, and most of all, show them what these kinds of creatures are, and why it's so wonderful to be able to adopt such mystifying pets as these.

Thank you for the amazing opportunity to help you out with your site, good luck to all.
Staff Member from 2014 to 2017.
This site will always hold a special place in my heart. Unfortunately, I'll no longer be able to remain an active member, but I wish you all the very, very best.
Aralas

Postby Cobweb » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:05 am

Name: Cobweb

Description: As one for mythological creatures, myths and legends, I understand the lore of Eldemore quite well. I've read the codex of Eldemore many, many times and have a good understanding of each creature and place, thus I believe that I'm able to provide new players with knowledge of Eldemore. I'm quite sociable and barely loses my temper, and I enjoy making new friends and helping people - there's no comparison to the feeling you get when you know you've helped others greatly. As my finals are over now, I'm able to devote my time completely to Eldemore and I'm sure I'll still have time for the site in the years to come.
I'm able to link helpful threads such as the FAQ, the site rules and trading rules etcetera. I have also explored every bit of the forums and have made sure that I have a fair understanding of each of them.

Extra: My time is UTC +8, which means I can skulk around the forums and help out in any way I can when most of the users are sleeping. c: Thank you for the opportunity!
Last edited by Cobweb on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cobweb

Postby Chouhesi » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:49 pm

Name: Chouhesi

Description: I'm still learning about the Eld lore but I already read through the guide and if someone has a question I cannot answer directly I will be able to look it up. I already created the important link-thread as help for me and others to find the most important Threads as fast and easy as possible.
I spend a lot time on a PC and I keep stalking the forum so I would be able to check back regularly to see if there are new questions or maybe new users I can welcome. I'm used to the navigation on the whole page and I'm able to explain how it works if there would be questions from new users.
I don't have any experience as mod directly but I created a small RP site for me and some friends so I'm used to Mod tools if this would be required.

Extra: My time zone is CET so there is a quite big difference between my time and the time we follow here. I would be able to check back at times other mods and helpers might not be online as mods also need sleep c:
And I'm able to speak German so if there would be any German-English understanding issues I would be able to help there, too.

However I have to aggree with cjr09 that Spyhe would be a great General Helper.
If you have any questions about anything feel free to PM me~

Chouhesi

Postby Benathorn » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:15 am

Applications for General Helpers are now closed.
We will be reviewing the forms and will announce our two new staff members later today.
Benathorn
Administrator

Return to Announcements