General Helper Applications #3 [CLOSED]

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

General Helper Applications #3 [CLOSED]

Postby Benathorn » Mon May 04, 2015 7:24 pm

General Helper Applications

Hey guys, we have decided to place up our General Helper Applications again since both Aralas and scmarshtacky have agreed to become moderators for our site! We can't thank them enough for all their hard work they did during their time of both greeting and helping our members throughout the many busy months, so it was about time they got promoted to widen their helping abilities for those who require them.

Eldemore has grown quite a bit since our last few events and now seems like a great time to welcome more dedicated members onto our team to help around the site. Our previous GH's were invaluable in keeping the site's new members well informed and welcomed to the site. Hopefully we will find 2-3 more as equally awesome members to join our team. We wish you all luck in your applications!

What is a General Helper?
For Eldemore a General Helper is someone who helps the moderators and admins around the site as well as its many users in need of assistance. You will be tasked with meeting and greeting new people, providing helpful links and information, and answering any questions many may ask repeatedly on our forums. A General Helper is there to both aid you and the staff as best they can and are an important addition to any team running an increasingly growing site like our own.

Requirements:
There are a few requirements that we are looking for in a general helper. Be sure to read below so that you may see if you fit the bill and are permitted to post an application.

- Must be at least 16 years of age or older.

- Has ample time to devote to the site and others. (Please do not consider applying if you know you will not have the time to do so! We understand life and school must come first, so only apply if you believe you have the hours to give towards the site and its many members.)

- Has a familiar knowledge of the site's lore, pets, and layout. (This is very important. You will be required to know our site's lore since Eldemore is greatly centered around it for both our pets and events.)

- Knows important links, site functions, and information that can be useful to new members. (Such as how to trade, create pet groups, explain how the Explore and Codex functions, ect.)

- Has been a member for more than two months and visits often or on a daily basis. You must also be in good standing with the site, this means no strikes against your account or previous conflicts with the staff and members as a whole.

- And most importantly: Is kind and helpful to everyone they meet!

General Helper Applications:
As you can see, the requirements are not too difficult or extensive. We are mainly looking for at least 2-3 members that can offer both their time and support to everyone on the site. So if you believe you fit all these requirements and wish to help, please take the time to fill out the form below and post only in this thread.

You will have from May 4th till May 17th to submit your apps.

We will then take the time to review and contact the members we feel will best serve the site and its many users. Any questions you may have can be PM'd to either me or Jendalie, in the meantime, we look forward to your forms~

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b] (Please only submit your username here.)

[b]Timezone:[/b] (Please tell us which timezone you live in. We wish to have various team members who live in different time zones so that our staff can moderate around the clock.)

[b]Description:[/b] (Give a brief description of your understanding of Eld lore and important info/links here. We would also like for you to tell us of how you can be of help to new users and if you've had any prior experience to moderating for other forums or sites.)

[b]Extra:[/b] (Any extra info you feel is relevant to tell us may be written here.)
Benathorn
Administrator

Re: General Helper Applications #3

Postby cjr09 » Mon May 04, 2015 8:19 pm

Name: cjr09

Timezone: I live in the Central Time Zone (UTC-06:00).

Description: I have a very thorough understanding of the Eldemore Lore and understand what it means and how that affects characters and their bonds. I always greet the new users if I can, and I do my best to make them feel welcome by offering advice and helping with anything they ask of me, whether is it questions over the lore or past events or trading. I have no prior experience moderating for any other website, but I have been an active member on Eldemore for just under two years and know the community and most of the current moderators well. I know most of the main issues that a user can run into and how to fix them, and can offer advice to get the problem solved quickly.

Extra: I am fairly fluent in Spanish- I can write well enough to hold a decent conversation and communicate with someone who prefers to speak in that language. I am usually on fairly early in the morning, of not very late a night, and stay on for most of the day, checking back sporadically, and will soon be finishing my last AP tests and have much more time to devote to Eldemore. I also have taken three years of Computer Science in my high school, and am going to college for that as my chosen major. I mainly use Java, Javascript and C#, but I can understand and use HTML fluently enough and know bits and pieces of Python, as well as knowing how to code in Android Studio and Adobe Flash.
Last edited by cjr09 on Fri May 15, 2015 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
cjr09

Postby Hyensa » Mon May 04, 2015 9:02 pm

Name:
    Hyensa

Timezone:
    Current time in Eastern Time Zone (EDT)
    this does not effect times I will be able to help.

Description: (Give a brief description of your understanding of Elde lore and important info/links here. We would also like for you to tell us of how you can be of help to new users and if you've had any prior experience to moderating for other forums or sites.)

Extra:
    N/A

Qualifications;

- Must be at least 16 years of age or older.
    I can confirm I am 16+ years of age, actually older.

- Has ample time to devote to the site and others.
    I have free-time for many hours throughout the day and am even able to get on Eldemore when I'm not home from a mobile and apple devices. My free-time hours consist from 2:05 PM to 12:00 AM on the weekdays and unlimited on the weekends. I can take the time to write posts that can help newer players and reply to PM's in a timely fashion with quality work that's neat, understandable & helpful.

- Has a familiar knowledge of the site's lore, pets, and layout.
    I have a lot of knowledge about the lore and read it quite often, it's an amazing piece of work and no matter how many times you read it, it stays interesting. I am familiar with the eldemore species and the races, and what species best go with what races, the race history, locations and personalities, and the pet species history and general personalities. I mentioned before in the beginning that I can navigate the site easily and efficiently.

- Knows important links, site functions, and information that can be useful to new members. (Such as how to trade, create pet groups, explain how the Explore and Codex functions, ect.)
    I know what forum specific posts that would be needed to help newer/confused players are and could link them successfully as well as explain them on my own. I wouldn't have an issue guiding someone through how to trade, use the codex, send a pm, how to adopt/make groups, etc.

- Has been a member for more than two months and visits often or on a daily basis.
    I have been a member since Thursday, Oct 31, 2013 and spend 6+ hours a day on ELDE playing forum games, posting around the site, refreshing violently for tokens or talking to other players. There's an absolute zero chance that I don't get on Eldemore daily.

-You must also be in good standing with the site, this means no strikes against your account or previous conflicts with the staff and members as a whole.
    I have no history of standing strikes or conflicts with staff or other members, and from what I perceive I am on everyone's good side.

- And most importantly: Is kind and helpful to everyone they meet!
    I believe I am very kind to players and have been greeting them on the site since Tuesday, Aug 05, 2014. I have many friends on here as well. Players and I have tons of fun in CODES (especially with our puns), the forum games and I am well enough known across the site that people know who I am immediately. Off-site I am very liked by my teachers, superiors, employers and employees at the barn, and students. They describe me as helpful, kind, tolerant and patient of people who misunderstand things or are having a hard time.

I often educate people about reptiles, amphibians + insects and what I do with them, so I can say I have a lot of experience answering questions, being helpful and informative. I often educate on toxicology of venomous snakes, the basic/advanced care certain species need, what they need for housing, what their diet consists of, about the certain species, how venom/poison works, etc. I also have this same experience educating the public with horses. I have also worked in nursing homes keeping the elderly company, worked at a barn and was trusted with their animals for weeks at a time, and I always thrive to please and do my absolute best as a workaholic haha, as well as much more, so I really feel that I have the experience and know-how for this position on Eldemore.

Thank you for your time and I hope very much I am considerable~!
    Also, my apologies for editing my forum.

Last edited by Hyensa on Sun May 10, 2015 10:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
Hyensa

Postby ElijahWilkes » Mon May 04, 2015 9:05 pm

Name:
ElijahWilkes

Timezone:
Central Time

Description:
I will admit, the lore is not my strong suit. However, I do know where to find it and I do remember what happened in all of the events that I have participated in thus far. I also feel like I have a good knowledge of each creature and how they would behave. Even though I feel like this is my weakness, I have managed to win some lore related contests on CODES, usually because of stalking threads but I'm usually able to find it, even if it's not already within my knowledge. :3

As far as important info/links go, I can say with complete confidence that I know my way around the site and could find anything anyone asked if me. I'm huge with helping people out to begin with and when someone asks it of me, I tend to put my mind to it until I finish the task. Like I said before, I know where to find the lore, which I feel is a pretty important thread to know, especially for those looking to make Eldemore characters. I feel one of the most important links, especially for new members, is the Important Links and Threads topic. While I know where to find every single link or thread indicated in that post, new members will not and it serves the purpose of providing all of those them in an organized manner with one link instead of posting all of them in a greeting post with less organization and possibly confusing the user. However, it is not always updated, so I do know where to find the current month outcomes threads and current month trading threads. Also, it may be offsite, but it gives a different layout of things and some other important knowledge, so I feel Insanity Abyss' Eldemore Wiki is just important as some of these others. Different people prefer things in different ways and I know people who do prefer using wiki pages for sites that are new to them.

I'm often told by many people that I'm a kind, generous person. I pretty much take their word for granted, as it's hard to see things like that from the inside without bias. But I do feel that kindness and generosity are important for a position like this, because you have to be kind enough to help out all sorts of different personalities as well as be generous enough to give them your time. I know how to help with a majority of trades and, if I don't know the answer, I know where to go to find it or get help of my own. I also feel like I know the rarity of pets extremely well, as I have managed to get to a complete collection, albeit with a lot of help. In fact, I've been helped out so much on this site that I feel it's my duty to help out in return. Because of that, I ended up creating my Monthly Bazaar Extravaganza giveaway thread as my own, personal, unique way of giving back, since I know it can be hard for some users to get baubles for Bazaar pets. I've also honestly been waiting for an opportunity like this for quite some time to put me in a position to try and be even more help to the site.

I don't really have too much experience moderating other sites. The only real experience I can let you know about is an anime site I once helped out with, helping make sure all the videos worked and making sure no one got out of control. Unfortunately, I don't have a link to it or even a name to give you, as it was years ago and the site no longer exists. I guess I also helped mod a small RP forum some old friends and I started up but it has also been deleted and never really had a name to begin with.

Another thing about me is that I currently work in customer service, helping people with certain things when they call in. I've been in my current position since October and got promoted to the next step up in January. I found out recently that I happen to be the top person on my team in both what they call ACE, which is how I speak to/treat the callers, and first call resolution, as well as just top overall. I feel like this type of work experience has given me a lot of the skills that are required to be a good General Helper. :3

Extra:
I am definitely over the age required. xD I also spend a ton of time on Eldemore. Pretty much, whenever I'm not at work and not sleeping, I am on Eldemore, both morning before work and evening after work, as well as all of the weekend. Aside from the few times I actually end up having something to do outside of work, of course. To give you an idea, I'm usually on Eldemore at least 8-9 hours per weekday and at least 12 hours per weekend day, usually averaging about 60 hours or more per week. (Wow that came out to more than I expected, honestly. xD)

(I edited my application to show my current job/work experience in customer service since I feel it's relevant.)
Last edited by ElijahWilkes on Thu May 07, 2015 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ElijahWilkes

Postby KisaWolfz » Mon May 04, 2015 9:16 pm

Name:
KisaWolfz

Timezone:
Pacific Time Zone (UTC-08:00)

Description:
I've been around for a while, and have gotten to know practically every forum section. I read the lore all the time when the users on CODES bring it up, or share their characters, so I feel I have a grasp on the lore pretty well.
In ways that I try to help is keeping up with the 'Bauble Worth Thread' and work with current values and such. I also occasionaly help with 'Is This Fair?' thread. Although I do try and stay in the Neutral Zone with these threads, and encourage them to get other help, or use the search function and look around themselves. I could also give the basic information needed with anything in general, it being with Events, how to post images/links, the Codex, Explore tab, or even on the Eldemore Wiki that Insanity Abyss made. I have not had any experience as being a Moderator, but occasionally when asked on forum or if a user happened to PM me, I help in that way. I have always kept the small link section in my signature, and plan on leaving it there, as I never have much to fill my signature with. I update the links periodically when needed.

Extra: I am 'Pacific Time Zone' and I do have a real life job, but I am on Eldemore usually between 4pm-1am on weekdays, and while the weekends I don't work, various throughout the entire day. I generally am on my mobile, but most of the time on my desktop. Finally yes, I am very much above the age qualification.
Last edited by KisaWolfz on Wed May 13, 2015 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KisaWolfz

Postby Startedraining » Mon May 04, 2015 9:39 pm

Name: Startedraining

Timezone: PST/PDT

Description:
I have been around for a very long time on this site, two months after it was released for public registration, I know the site rules and can explain them to any one who needs help with anything.
I currently have at least four hours of time to dedicate to Eldemore every day, up to eight hours on weekends. Most days I can stay up a lot longer than this though.

I am very familiar with Eldemore lore, and even have several characters pertaining to the different humanoid inhabitants of Elde. I have written part of a fan fiction of one of my characters and his adventures in Elde, and because of this I read Elde lore a lot over again, just to remind myself of things that I could forget and would like not to.
I am a contest creator for the CODES thread, and I am an active and friendly member of the community on the forums!
The two general helpers Aralas and Scmarshtacky, and I also did our own Eldemore Advent for the community to join in on.

I have been told I am a kind and generous person, by people both on Elde and in year life. I am an understanding person, but I know the rules are in place for a reason and I do onto the gave a problem explaining why something needs to be corrected or done differently.
I love to welcome new members and I always try to greet as much as I can! I always try to make their introduction as unique as possible, if only to give them the same advice later on, because it is necessary to know. I've even made a few friends by doing that. I always try to keep all the following forums read: Announcements, Site Suggestions, Glitches and Errors, Introductions, and Mature Discussion, and keep most forum threads read in other places.

I have not had any previous "official" experience moderating other sites, however I am an active and helpful member of the pre-Alpha game Clanheart.

In my time irl I spend a lot of it with community service, so I can work well with a team and give good instructions and information to someone who doesn't know what to do, step by step.

I also speak a bit of several languages (enough to translate to and from each): Arabic, Gaelic, Spanish, and French, as well as English!

Extra: GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ^u^~~

Edit: I fixed MORE typos :C
Last edited by Startedraining on Thu May 14, 2015 11:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Scar » Mon May 04, 2015 11:13 pm

Name: Scar

Timezone: Central Time Zone

Description: I am well acquainted with Eldemore's lore, the races, the available locations, and the magical creatures within its borders. Having created quite a few (work-in-progress) characters surrounding information given about the realm of Eldemore. Even then I find myself frequently returning to read up on the lore, freshening up my memory, or confirming something I may have forgotten.
I've been an active member for approximately 1 and a half years, I've mesmerized the overall site layout, and have delved into the different sections of the forum, whether it be to stalk or chat, if I can't find something then I'm more than familiar with the Search function, and can quickly access important links in a cinch.
I love helping in whatever ways I can, be it on the Internet or real life, it's just my nature to want to help and lighten the work load of others; it doesn't matter if you're a newcomer or veteran, I wish to be helpful and express my gratitude for such amazing players.
I enjoy seeing new players join and experience this amazing community alongside the unique world of Eldemore in a whole. I can't say I have any past experience moderating on other sites, but if asked or if I see anyone in need of help, I try to answer/help resolve the question asked to the best of my ability.
I've been apart of the insaneness of CODES, if not putting my crazy two cents in there, and feel so strongly attached to the site itself.

Extra: I am certainly over the age of 16, and of all the sites I usually invest my time, Eldemore is at the top of my list. It is the first thing I jump to once I get onto my laptop, and it's normally one of the few sites I keep open in a tab from the moment I get on, to the time I go to bed. Even if it's just idling or shadow stalking while I work on finishing up other things. It's the most I can offer, investing a lot of my time, as Eldemore has helped me through hard times and has helped me improve myself as a person, in more ways than one.
I know where to find specific boards/posts for new/questioning members, and if I myself is unsure, I am not afraid to seek aid from fellow members. We're all practically one, big team of a nutty family~
Once more, I've been a member since Oct. 10, 2013 and can spend about 9+ hours a day, though Wednesday/Saturdays/Sundays may be a tad less. Knowing myself, I'm afraid of disappointing and never wish to cause trouble or mishap; I have no account of strikes nor conflicts with staff or members, I'm actually quite acquainted with a few staff members. I'm very willing, and personally love it when informed that I've done something wrong as it allows me to learn and correct my mistakes.
I get enjoyment and happiness out of helping others, doesn't matter what the job may be or even if I've never done it before, I keep myself available and willing to aid in whatever I can. I'm liked by the teens in the Youth group at my church, and often asked to help with projects, whether it be nursery or making props for skits or programs, or help being a team leader or just to keep an eye out when we go on teen activity trips. There's no job big or small that I'm not reluctant to try... saving cleaning bathrooms. xD

Thank you for reading, and possibly even considering, and for giving this chance-- I wish everyone the best of luck, for y'all are all awesome. ;3 Much Eldemorian love~ -- scar
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE
ɪᴛ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ ❞

ImageImage
text text text text text text t
Have questions?
Feel free to drop a PM! c;
Have an great day!

"Scar- the Ancient of Destroying Evidence"
"I like big men and I cannot lie~"

text text text text text text t
✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby Erythro » Tue May 05, 2015 12:13 am

Name: Cresta

Timezone: CST (-6:00)

Description:
    I would say I have a very understanding of Eldemore lore as I did a lot of reviewing for the avatar project I had planned on doing. Most links, such as trade question threads and other threads that are valuable, are bookmarked for easy access. I can offer assistance with questions regarding nearly any aspect of the site from the Bazaar, adoptions and forum issues. If I can not answer the question myself or easily, I can always link to a thread that better explains the issue at hand. I am a friendly person that really loves meeting new people and making new experiences positive ones.

I was a moderator for a Minecraft Server called Cobaltium for a little over a year before the admins decided to shut down the server after it's 4 year run. I never had any issues with players and was constantly teaching new players about Minecraft and how the semi-vanilla server worked.

Extra:
    I am a few years older than 16, and I am a lurker on Eld, but I try to post a couple of times a day in order to stay active and stay in the community. I have been on Eld for 9 months and don't plan on leaving any time soon. Unfortunately, I have one mark against my account for a mistake on my part that I did not know of at the time and ceased the activity immediately when I found out. With that said, I do believe I am still in good standing with the staff of Eldemore.

I am a server/waitress in real life so my objective is to please the guest as well as I am capable of. I am a very friendly and outgoing person in real life which gives the knack for good customer service and I have a niche as the always smiling, nerdy waitress. My main objective with any task is to inform, review and most importantly have fun!
Last edited by Erythro on Wed May 13, 2015 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Always trading for VG Graphic Rune Drakes and Windigo Rune Drakes!

Send me a PM and we'll work something out!

Eldemore Account - ChickenSmoothie Account - FlightRising Account
Erythro

Postby Polly44 » Tue May 05, 2015 6:25 am

Name: Polly44

Timezone: GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)

Description:
The lore is probably not the stongest part of my knowledge of this site, as i don't remember it all, but i read it often and i know where to find it. I know most of the important parts of the forums (Announcements, Rules, Site Help....etc) and could find any i don't know of quite easily. I currently don't visit the new players forum much, but that could be changed very easily and would certainly give me something additional to do, to add to what i do currently do in the forums. I used to visit the help section on Howrse and Dogzer very frequently and i helped out a lot on those sites, but i became inactive (mostly) on both sites eventually. I might have almost become a MOD (or something similar on Dogzer) but wasn't picked in favour of others, for whatever reason, though if i tried again, i might have been picked.
My brother signed up a couple of months ago and i've been helping him out and telling him almost everything he needs to know. Bar the lore, as he isn't much interested in that.

Extra: I am definately over 16 years of age. I have an obscene amount of time to spend on here. I am mostly active during the evening when i am on my laptop. But i can (and do) get on whenever i am at home on my tablet, like writing this now. My job has terrible internet though, so i am not lucky enough to be able to use my phone to get on. xD I have been a member since July last year i believe and i have no strikes or conflicts with the staff, so it's all good. :)

Thanks for considering me and good luck to all who apply. ;)
ImageImageImage

My Chicken Smoothie Account:
Polly44
My UK & International Howrse
Account:

Polly4 (UK) Polly4 (International)

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby Mira » Tue May 05, 2015 7:47 am

Name:
Insanity Abyss

Timezone:
I'm at the UTC +1 time.

Description:

Eldemore Wiki wrote:General Helpers are in charge of showing new members their way around Eldemore, as well as helping out with questions and clearing up confusion.

I have a pretty expanded knowledge about Eldemore and it's lore. I do work on the official Eldemore Wiki page for about 7 months now. I build the complete wiki from the first single page to about 152 pages all about and around Eldemore. I code the whole wiki by myself till our moderator Sphye joined my little wiki admin team to help me fixing all kind of stuff around.
I'm very proud how the Eldemore Wiki turned out a helpful and informative place for old and new member.

I put the link to the wiki into my signature for everyone good visible and also gave it to our previous General Helper which provide it to any new user who post on the Introductions board.
Also I shared the link around by myself and helped some user by referring to the Tutorial List on the wiki. For this Tutorial List I took brief research for php coding and stuff. I explained how to trade, how to adopt a pet, how to enter an event (Link to this tutorial can be found on the front page of the event threads for example the Spring event.), how the homestead and groups work and many more stuff with screen shots and easy to understand texts. Featured on those tutorial pages are threads which are related to the topic or can be usefull in a whole.

Since I'm around always and being online several times a day(About 5 hours a day). I have pretty much time to devote to this position. I do know what a General Helper has to do and I am aware of what it means to be a General Helper.
I'm an easy and patient person which comes along good with other user and the Staff as well, people around Eldemore know me, do ask me questions which I can safety answer due my good knowledge.

My mother language is german but I'm also confident in english and spanish and could help user which are not that fluent in english.

Also one of my "in-official" tasks is to greet the new staff members and send them the staff questionnaire, which I worked out together with our Admin Jendalie, to get the information I will put into the wiki.

I already did some kind of General Helper work with my wiki stuff and would love to be a serious and official member of the Eldemore Staff.
Also I would like to include a list of helpful links to the wiki:

Extra:
Benathorn wrote:Thank you for always working so hard on the site Wiki as always~

Thank you for always encouraging me Bena! I'm glad that I can help you out! These words always cheer me up. <3

Mira

Next

Return to Announcements