Warning to Cheating Accounts

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

Warning to Cheating Accounts

Postby Benathorn » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:49 pm

It has become increasingly apparent that many users have been joining Eldemore as of late to simply cheat for offsite pets or for Eldemore pets themselves. I want to make this very clear to everyone, having two accounts is NOT allowed on our site! (This does not include sibling accounts using the same IP addresses.) We have been seeing some who have one account for Eld and a dummy account that they use to adopt new monthly pets just to trade for offsite pets. It is very easy for us to find out who has these dummy accounts that are used to exploit the system.

Because of this we will be sitting down for the next three days to sift through all the user accounts on our site and to find those who have been abusing the rules with two accounts or more. We do not condone this sort of behavior at all and will not allow those who cheat the system to make it unfair for all the users who actually take the time to play by the rules and enjoy this site.

So now we are going to have to crack down hard this month. If we find anyone who has been doing this, not only will your second dummy account be frozen and deleted, but your main account will also be penalized as well with both a board warning and all pets obtained unfairly will be taken away.

Despite all this we are still offering those who come forward and admit to their dummy accounts or cheating, a chance to not be penalized. Though your dummy account will still be deleted and pets taken away from it, we will refrain from warning your personal account and allow you a second chance. All you have to do is send a private message to me, or one of the other administrators. There is no need to post about it in this thread; we will not make any of these cases public.

----

It is very disheartening to see so many come on here just to exploit the game while so many actually take the time to play and enjoy this site. We do not wish to punish our players who actually do play fairly and still want you all to be able to trade off-site for things you desire instead of banning offsite trading altogether just because of a few bad apples. If any of you have seen any dummy accounts or users who pertain to anything mentioned above, please report them and we will deal with it accordingly. We will do everything we can to make sure this site continues to be fun and fair to play and we thank everyone who has followed the rules thus far ~The Eld Staff
Benathorn
Administrator

Re: Warning to Cheating Accounts

Postby Silverfang » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:38 pm

There! That should seriously stop the cheating people are doing these days. Thanks for this, admins! :D
Me, for my dreams.

You, for your dreams.
Silverfang

Postby Mouse » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:59 am

I'm sure I'm not the only one who really appreciates what you're doing, especially when this site is still so young.
It was really upsetting on Chicken Smoothie when I'd see obvious duplicate accounts all the time, but there are so many members that I'm sure it's basically impossible for the mods to get it completely under control at this point. Still,
it was really frustrating to see people reaping the benefits of multiple accounts while I was working my butt off and using real money to make barely a quarter of the progress that they were. ;-; It takes all the fun out of it for the rest of us.

But anyway, it's very generous of you to allow people to step forward and for you to devote your time to seeking them out ^-^ I'll be sure to keep my own eyes peeled too.
Mouse

Postby t e a m f r e e w i l l » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:35 am

Mouse wrote:I'm sure I'm not the only one who really appreciates what you're doing, especially when this site is still so young.
It was really upsetting on Chicken Smoothie when I'd see obvious duplicate accounts all the time, but there are so many members that I'm sure it's basically impossible for the mods to get it completely under control at this point. Still,
it was really frustrating to see people reaping the benefits of multiple accounts while I was working my butt off and using real money to make barely a quarter of the progress that they were. ;-; It takes all the fun out of it for the rest of us.

But anyway, it's very generous of you to allow people to step forward and for you to devote your time to seeking them out ^-^ I'll be sure to keep my own eyes peeled too.
Great words! I play Chicken Smoothie too, and it's very disheartening to see cheaters! Good luck, admins!
Carry on my wayward son,
ImageImage Image
There'll be peace when you are done
t e a m f r e e w i l l

Postby Zick3 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:53 am

Mouse wrote:I'm sure I'm not the only one who really appreciates what you're doing, especially when this site is still so young.

I complety agree, thank you admins for trying to get control of multiple accounts ^-^
Dragons

They are beautiful creatures which are flying trough the air.
They are mysterious creatures wich are looking at the moon with their sparkling eyes.
They are mighty creatures wich are slashing stones with their sharp claws.
They are proud creatures wich would never tell their weakness to enemies.
They are protecting creatures wich fight till the end for what they love.
They are caring creatures wich will protect their eggs and hatchlings forever.

If you understand them, you will love them too...

Zick3

Postby kyojuro rengoku » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:11 pm

Oh GOD I am so grateful for this. I'm tired of the cheaters who think they can do all that and then you look at the fair-players who have one account and don't cheat on Eld. The cheaters really kind of make me sick -.-
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxImage
xxxmy name is rat || she/they || nb lesbian
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxtwitter||cosplay ig||ao3
kyojuro rengoku

Postby Aralas » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:15 pm

I find it frustrating how greedy some people can get. You shouldn't have to waste your time going through new user's accounts and making sure people aren't cheating. You have much better things that you want to do.

I'm really sorry this happened Eld Staff...
Staff Member from 2014 to 2017.
This site will always hold a special place in my heart. Unfortunately, I'll no longer be able to remain an active member, but I wish you all the very, very best.
Aralas

Postby Startedraining » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:59 am

I'm very grateful that the staff are doing this so early, I mean, look at Chickensmoothie! There are too many fakes out there, maybe one in five accounts are cheats. It's so not fair for everyone else, how many people want a leg up in situations like this.

Heavy sigh

Maybe this will help because it starts so early.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby kiel » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:36 pm

Exactly what I think, I play CS as well and I have witnessed a person that scammed someone else for an AJ item and created over THREE accounts just to keep them. I mean, it was a mistake already to scam, but then you go ahead and cheat?! Thanks, admins! This should keep the cheaters at bay!
kiel

Postby BjornTheBear » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:14 pm

This is great! I'm glad to read that cheater will be taken care of :D But at the same time, it's gotta suck having to go through ALL of the users to find the dummy accounts. I mean, yes the pets on this site are super cool and have great designs, but they are virtual, what's the point of cheating? Oh no that person has more pets than I do, TIME TO MAKE A FAKE ACCOUNT AND GIVE THE ADMINS MORE WORK!
]Hurr I'm a Burr
BjornTheBear

Return to Announcements