╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Re: CODES - Community of Dedicated Eldemore Stalkers

Postby Scar » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:36 am

What are your favorite memories from Eldemore?

Oh, that is an excellent question~ c;

*sips coffee and snuggles up in my poofy recliner*
Now, now everyone~ Gather around and sit while Auntie Scar tells you a little story~

For me, Eldemore has helped me in a more mental and emotional level.
If put in the simplest form of words, from the very start, it probably saved me.
When I first joined Eld, I was moving away from the home I lived in for about 15 years, most of my life really and so I had to say goodbye to my few friends as well as all the people I grew up around. Alongside that, I was very depressed at the time, and in a very bad place that often teetered to dangerous levels that would result in decisions that could never be taken back... permanent ones that could have very well resulted in me not typing this out at this very second...

At the start, due to my current state of mind, I was very reclusive and shy... scared even by experiences I had on an another site that won't be named. I would perhaps post here and there but for the most part but I never really got attached or active or open with others. Then the first Event happened and being there when Steve got his name... and then came Yuletide and that insane Rune named Azara... And then when Oblivion used us and escaped!! (which meaning no offense Oh Mighty Lord Oblivion, thank you for sparing me and gracing us with your presence~ orz )
I can't really put it to words, how it happened, how it all began to change...
It was a very gradually process, almost non-existent but as time inched on, I grew more attached and comfortable, and the more I spent on Eldemore, the less depressed I felt. Granted whenever I got off, it would come back but even that too began to lessen. I felt at home, I felt like I was amongst others of my own mindset, my own crazy mindset...
Before I knew it, I became so active and involved and I loved it. I was so happy, so much so it started to affect me outside the world of Eld. I became more responsible, less depressed, more confident, less shy-- I am doing things now that I never thought I would being doing! I've volunteer to help with teenagers, I'm a part of a choir group that sings in front of hundreds of people, and knowing me I am utterly terrified being in front of lots of people. I've excelled so much in art, I never thought I would have gotten this far.
Eldemore has inspired me to be more active, creative(both in art and writing), and inquisitive-- I've learned so many new things whether it be simple tidbits or curiosity about certain eras or culture or whatever else, and you know what they say, if it is something you love or interests you, you are going to learn it better than when you were forced to learn it in school.

And then don't get me started on the people I've met~ <3 Benathorn and Zayin are the cutest couple ever and Jendalie is amazing with her awesome support and devotion; their love for this site is so admirable and my sole gratitude goes to them for making this site because if they hadn't, well, I don't know where I'd be right now...
I've made friendships with many lovely folks, some I would never wish to let go~ Granted, I swear a few of them have made me crazier, like mere inches away of being tossed into an insane asylum, that crazy! X'D But you know what, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love them all, their sheer presence and creativity is inspiring and I always find I want to try and push myself in art and writing just so I can be placed at least under their ranks of amazing creativity~
All of the staff are my friends, whether I know them well or not, I consider them family to me and they are all special to me; I would die protecting and loving them all. And then Eld has also spawned one of my favorite friendship that I hope I never lose.( if you read this, Skie, this is to you, my friend~ <3 <3 <3 )

And the pets and lore and story~ I'm not a huge reader, I enjoy it in my spare time, I'm more of a video gamer who savors heavy stories and character development, and I got a mix of both and I love it~
All of the pets I feel tell a story, they reveal a piece of heart, soul, and mind from those that designed them, revealing their interests and passions, and there is nothing more beautiful than getting to see that passion shine bright. I love watching and listening to people talk about their interests and what they love, because I know I love telling others about mine and let me tell you, it is one of the best feelings ever to have an interested ear listen to the things you love to devote to.

And then all the love and comical moments~ There are so many nice people on Eld, it is almost mindblowing how many. And then all the fun moments ranging from the Eld Times to World War Eld to just the wonderful, lighthearted fun we all have and the craziness that ensues-- Especially when dealing with Azara. I swear if we could all band together somehow, we could maybe best her. "Maybe!" Don't hold my word to it because I doubt any Ancient would want to deal with her. x'D

And just... I can't put it to words the feelings I feel for this site, for no words I think of seem to comprehend my feelings. I am so honored to be here, I'm so honored to be on Staff and to help give back in what little ways I can, just like Bena owns my soul from the moment I was brought into Staff, I owe my very life to them.
Many thank yous to all my Staff friends and user friends, even those that don't know me well, I owe my life to this site so everyone on it deserves my thanks. Thank you for reading my long-winded tale and have a blessed day~ <3
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE
ɪᴛ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ ❞

ImageImage
text text text text text text t
Have questions?
Feel free to drop a PM! c;
Have an great day!

"Scar- the Ancient of Destroying Evidence"
"I like big men and I cannot lie~"

text text text text text text t
✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby SkieNight » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:11 am

So a lot of you probably don't know who I am, and those of you who do and are probably surprised to see me posting. Anyways I'm Skie if you don't know me. I don't post on here a lot due to being extremely shy, but I've been stalking this thread since the beginning. I think that last time I posted on here was over a year a half ago... maybe two...

But... I'm getting off topic.

My favorite memories from Eld are without a doubt, the people. I don't post a lot, frankly I never rarely ever post because I'm extremely shy and anxiety rules my life, or it did. Four years ago, right about when Eld started, my anxiety got worse. A lot worse. Eldemore became a place I could turn to and hide in because no one knew me, and the people there were so bright and big in my eyes, and more than that, everyone and everything made me feel safe, and that will always be my first memory of this site.

Over the years this site became a safe space for me. I got to meet Steve the Stump, who will always live in my heart as a Stump. I got to talk with some amazing people, watching new creatures be created and spread. And through all of this, I got to watch people grow and explore and just have fun. My safe space was other people's safe space, and I think that's amazing. On top of the people, I created characters and met characters who opened my eyes and entertained me. And I got to follow an amazing and engaging storyline, and as an avid writer I can't tell you how excited that made me. Or I can, but I'd be writing a novel... And by far my fondest memory in all of this is the day when another person who called themselves Scar PMed me about a little rp we were in together. We got to talking and never stopped. Through this site, I found a friend I look up to and trust in more ways than I can put into words and I just adore the characters we've created and the bond we've formed over the last three years. I won't change a thing. ^^ <3

I still don't post a lot
I'm no longer constrained by time but I certainly am by irrational fear, but I know that if need be I have a safe place I can turn to and people I can turn to I have that. This really turned into a what am I thankful or not what do I remember best but I suppose those two go hand in hand, at least for me (:

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby Sany » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:02 am

I'm glad you posted, Skie! We're always here for chats if you need us! :)

Where to start? I sadly only joined at the end of 2014, so I missed like 1,5 years of Eldemore goodiness. But I'm so glad I found this site, because, as cliche as is, it has definitely changed my life.
I never expected to connect this well with people I didn't really know (and well, still can't put a face on, but that's the beauty of it, I don't need all that to connect to you lovely lot). I've made so many friends here that I know I can turn to if I'm going through a rough patch. I never really had friends irl I could turn to because they didn't understand, or decided our friendship would take too much time. But over here on Eldemore, people will always reply and always help you out if you're feeling down. I think it's really what helped me to stay sane and not slip back into depression.

Of course this site has made me laugh countless times as well. All the derpy moments (remember the Great Derp!) and fun speculations during events. I also love pet guessing games, like Sphye said, I would love to see that revived.
Oh, I also completely forgot to mention the Chatzy! I'm sad it disappeared, because I've had some amazing moments in that chat. I've legit had laughing to tears moments in that chat.

And just the general magic of this website. Like with events, I totally get carried away with the story (and if I doze off at work/lunch, I'll think of event scenes haha). The whole community goes into this happy buzz during every event, I absolutely love that. And of course, I love the admins for making this website epic every single day. And for keeping secrety on everything during events and such haha.

I love you all, users and staff, this community is just absolutely wonderful and I'm glad to be a part of it!

F O L L O W lalaY O U R lala D R E A M S

My Hoards
♥ Jackalopes
♥ Stage 1 Otterlings
♥ Cuttlefish
♥ Stage 1 Foo Dogs
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
lalalalalala
Haiia, I'm your average Eldemore addict!
I love all sorts of art, such as music,
crochet, photography and painting!
In real life, I'm a busy PhD student
and teaching assistent in medical sciences.
Oh, did I mention I'm a total Eld addict? ♥

lalalalalalalalalaT H E Y lala K N O W lala T H E lala W A Y
Sany

Postby Commander Shepard » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:51 am

(disclaimer: it's 5:30 am and i've been kinda potato-brained all day but I wanna get something down |D This is probably going to be horribly disjointed but eh)

Maaaan where do I even begin?? At this point, it's almost five years I've been involved to some degree with Eldemore... counting back before Eldemore was even a thing and it was just cute little Rune dragons! I'm a massive sucker for worldbuilding, so probably my favorite memory(/ies?) would just be... seeing everything evolve. Being able to help with the rp that really helped bring the world of these cute lil Runes and their owners to life for everyone for the first time. The bits of lore in every new Rune's writeup, that first Drake egg, and the excitement when Elkrin came about and we got our first mention of the Celtlands, the desert lands... I remember the big Lore post on the Elkrin thread talking about Dire Wolves and Leones (or as we know them now, Ligers! :D) and seeing a cover thread for 'Clockwork Dragons' right around the time the Elkrin and Rune threads closed down, only for them to be site-exclusive as our Glasswork Dragons.

I guess at this point...

ok for one it's sinking in that wow it's almost five years since the very beginning I've been with this longer than I've lived at my current home |D And in a way Runes are? Kind of like that. Just... kind of a homey place. Even if I go through periods of lessened activity, it always draws me back with an amazing community, some really fun story (and I love!!! I love how interactive it is! I've never been part of any adoptable site that really gets you involved in such a plot, and with cutscenes and all to boot), the Eldsona feature is a delight and I love seeing everyone's characters. The artwork is beyond stunning, too; and again falls into just... it's been amazing to see the artists, especially Bena and Jen, in how they've evolved. The original Ancients were lovely, but as time's gone on (and probably helps they're no longer restrained by oekaki |D), it's just phenomenal; and then seeing some of the artists who were always so active back on the CS threads, their skill and improvement in creating the gorgeous designs we get every month! Everyone's just gotten so good!!!

And again, the interaction between staff and community is just... it's great. I honestly had a slight worry back in the day of things getting a little distant, but look at all the memes that get referenced in the events, or the special releases for member milestones, good ol Great Derp, things like that \o/ Even as we're nearing 15,000 people, there's just a real close feeling around the forums, it feels like a... I'd say an inn, but really more of a huge hotel and the lobby is always full and just a really chill vibe with everyone.

So yeah, it's... I can't pin down a specific 'favorite memory', because even when I've been quieter on it, Eldemore is at this point just... a part of the fabric of my life, it's a little funny recalling a time without it, and I hope it stays a good part of my life for many years yet \o/
(They/he/she)
Call me Shepard or Paine!

...art|| trade
.Shep || -
...You can fight
...like a krogan
run like a leopard
but you'll never be better
than Commander Shepard!

...by viddi
...Image
Commander Shepard

Postby Spectreselva » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:29 pm

The people of Eldemore.

I came to Eldemore from Chicken Smoothie, where I'd played for years and was my first collector game. But CS was always like competing for everything and unless you got a ton of RL money to blow or something, good luck getting all the creatures.

But Eldemore was completely different. Everyone was so friendly, and genuine. I could tell right away this was a completely different community(even if it took a bit for the CS influence to wear off of me). So many helpful people, helping others find missed outcomes or older pets. I came to Eldemore in 2014, so I'd already missed over a year of stuff. But it didn't take me long to get older pets, either gifted or traded for.

I think my all time favorite memory will forever be Godiva gifting me my Elderwind. She had auctioned another one that I had been trying for too, but she took anther trade for it. She could've just said sorry, and that would've been it. But she offered me her second one in a gift trade. I remember I literally cried over it(and i know it's kinda silly to cry over a pixel pet), and initially rejected the trade, because it was the most generous thing anyone had ever given me on either site. She had to convince me to accept the trade, which I eventually did.

I'll also always remember my first full Eldemore event(since I arrived during the anniversary event), the All Hollows Event. And loving how much easier and laid back that the event was. How easy it was to get tokens and stuff. How it wasn't just an event. That there was a whole story behind it, and what was going on, NPC involvement and everything. I loved it. And also reading up on, and getting into the lore of this site, and the ideas behind each and every creature. So much thought goes into this site, that it boggles my mind.

I love the designs of the creatures, you can tell a lot goes into them. My favs will always be the runes and the drakes(I love dragons okay), but I also love all the other creatures.
Ultra collection completed 11/16/15

Hoarding:
Emerald zodiac gem rune dragon pygmys
All Carousel Slepneirs
All betta runes

Eldemore trades
Off-Site trades
Spectreselva

Postby PixelPawz » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:25 pm

Well, most of you probably don't know me. I think I joined this wonderful site in 2014??? I post every now and ten but I've yet to make any solid friendships or memories. But, I do have a few smaller ones. I remember it was during a halloween event when I joined and I was so confused, I had no idea what was going on and me being my have-to-know-everything self, I went straight to the forums and stayed up all night researching and reading all of the lore and even every event log. I eventually got into the loop of things and now I excitedly look forward to each new event. I LOVE each and every character and love even more getting to know them and their stories. Rue is just adorable and I just love the warm feeling of being apart of the bird family pack. I'm not sure who does the writer but thank you so much for creating such wonderful experiences!

I've heard a lot about Steve the Stump and wish I could have been there to see him but I also love to hear the older members and their stories and their memories of the early Eld days. This is just an over all wonderful site and I'm so glad I joined it and got to meet all of you lovely people! Everyone here is just so friendly and I hope one day I'll get to make a lasting friendship here!
PixelPawz

Postby Sphye » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:05 pm

All of these memories and stories are so touching! I'm glad that so many have enjoyed Eldemore and the beautiful community. ^v^

Since I finally have time to stay home and be online today, I've set up a "guess the pet" style contest! A correct answer is worth two points, with a limit of one correct answer per person.

Each of these thumbnails are a pet from a different year. Can you figure out what's what based on a 20x32 up-close image?

Guessed by Spectreselva!

Guessed by cjr09!

Guessed by Crestalia!

Guessed by Mira!

Guessed by Sany!
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Sany » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:19 pm

Sphye wrote:

Woo I'm online for a game here for once! :D
I'm going to go for the easy one XD

I tried the 2013 one first and gave up haha. Well, I think I know but the colors got me confused.

F O L L O W lalaY O U R lala D R E A M S

My Hoards
♥ Jackalopes
♥ Stage 1 Otterlings
♥ Cuttlefish
♥ Stage 1 Foo Dogs
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
lalalalalala
Haiia, I'm your average Eldemore addict!
I love all sorts of art, such as music,
crochet, photography and painting!
In real life, I'm a busy PhD student
and teaching assistent in medical sciences.
Oh, did I mention I'm a total Eld addict? ♥

lalalalalalalalalaT H E Y lala K N O W lala T H E lala W A Y
Sany

Postby Mira » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:23 pm

Sphye wrote:2016.

Easy!

Mira

PreviousNext

Return to Eldemore Discussion