Its been a while, old friend

A place to discuss all things Eldemore.

Re: Its been a while, old friend

Postby BBkat » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:39 pm

Spectreselva wrote:I've all but given up at this point. I get that making a website takes time, that things come up. But it's been 5 years. It doesn't take 5 years to code a website. If it does, then you clearly need to get help making it. Especially, if I recall, in the last update it was indicated the site was all but ready to be relaunched. That they were finishing a last few things.

Also to me, the dead radio silence of no update for now a year and a half is very telling. Even if it's not exciting, they could at least tell us that it's still being worked on. I don't think Eldemore is ever coming back at this point.

Face it, the site's been abandoned by the developer.

Yeah :<
Especially since it was originally looking at a relaunch in 2018 (at least according to the announcement when it first went on hiatus).
And yeah, I looked at Zayin's last development update, from *last year* and it reads like the site is pretty much ready to go and be launched, at least into a testing phase.
And then, nothing. Not even on the twitter which was supposed to be for "more frequent updates"
And he hasn't been on in 2 months now. :cry:

Also the 'has no time' to update us excuse just, sounds like an excuse. As if it takes that long to log in and make a post like 'hey I'm still working on this' or 'i only need to finish up this bit' or just, confirm or deny is this site is ever coming back or not.
Image My UNGROUPED tab is not for trade!
BBkat

Postby Spectreselva » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:47 pm

BBkat wrote:
Spectreselva wrote:I've all but given up at this point. I get that making a website takes time, that things come up. But it's been 5 years. It doesn't take 5 years to code a website. If it does, then you clearly need to get help making it. Especially, if I recall, in the last update it was indicated the site was all but ready to be relaunched. That they were finishing a last few things.

Also to me, the dead radio silence of no update for now a year and a half is very telling. Even if it's not exciting, they could at least tell us that it's still being worked on. I don't think Eldemore is ever coming back at this point.

Especially since it was originally looking at a relaunch in 2018 (at least according to the announcement when it first went on hiatus).
And yeah, I looked at Zayin's last development update, from *last year* and it reads like the site is pretty much ready to go and be launched, at least into a testing phase.
And then, nothing. Not even on the twitter which was supposed to be for "more frequent updates"

Also the 'has no time' to update us excuse just, sounds like an excuse. As if it takes that long to log in and make a post like 'hey I'm still working on this' or 'i only need to finish up this bit' or just, confirm or deny is this site is ever coming back or not.

Especially when the guy, someone said, found time to start a family. And the pandemic was just an excuse too. People still worked during the pandemic, including coding websites. Just wish he would have had the courtesy to tell us loyal players, who loved the site and the set up, that he wasn't doing it anymore
Ultra collection completed 11/16/15

Hoarding:
Emerald zodiac gem rune dragon pygmys
All Carousel Slepneirs
All betta runes

Eldemore trades
Off-Site trades
Spectreselva

Postby Archer » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:25 pm

Spectreselva wrote:
BBkat wrote:

Especially when the guy, someone said, found time to start a family. And the pandemic was just an excuse too. People still worked during the pandemic, including coding websites. Just wish he would have had the courtesy to tell us loyal players, who loved the site and the set up, that he wasn't doing it anymore

"Found time to start a family." Criticize the admins all you want for their handling of this hiatus, but please show some respect towards people's personal lives. This website was and is a hobby project, not a business.

The complete absence of communication is inexcusable. Simple enough.

Hello! :)
If you have any questions
or concerns, or just
want to chat, feel free to
PM me.

Important Links and
Threads

Guides & Tutorials

To watch and protect.

Image Image Image
Archer
Global Moderator

Postby Magic Man » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:50 am

Dont disagree with everything else you said, but it sorta is a bit of a business isn't it? People paid money for Baubles (last time i did was 2017, so long ago) and plenty of other people spent way more on other things (Stone of Randomness, 20$ a spin). I just think Eldemores evolved from a simple hobby once people were dropping a fair bit of money in it.

And I would have gladly spent more on it if it was still alive and kicking ;~; I liked the unique pets/events here more than, say, the regular animals/events on CS. I wish there was a patreon or gofundme ect for the site.

Either way, I'm still gonna dip in every now and then until the sites either running or gone.
Magic Man

Postby taco » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:28 pm

I have a genuine question. What exactly was wrong with this, the original site? Why did they start working on a new one?
taco

Postby Sphye » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:53 am

taco wrote:I have a genuine question. What exactly was wrong with this, the original site? Why did they start working on a new one?

The idea was to streamline the code so that new content would be easier to implement. Things like events were extremely time-and-energy intensive.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby taco » Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:33 am

Ah okay, that makes sense. Thank you for the information :)
taco

Postby LLHBBB » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:26 pm

Magic Man wrote:Dont disagree with everything else you said, but it sorta is a bit of a business isn't it? People paid money for Baubles (last time i did was 2017, so long ago) and plenty of other people spent way more on other things (Stone of Randomness, 20$ a spin). I just think Eldemores evolved from a simple hobby once people were dropping a fair bit of money in it.

And I would have gladly spent more on it if it was still alive and kicking ;~; I liked the unique pets/events here more than, say, the regular animals/events on CS. I wish there was a patreon or gofundme ect for the site.

Either way, I'm still gonna dip in every now and then until the sites either running or gone.

I agree it becomes a business when your selling items for profit. I myself invested over $2,000 USD buying baubles. I would not have done that had I known this wasn't something they were serious about. I figured I was doing my part to keep the site up & running. So do I feel asking for some truth on whether they have given up or some word that they are stilling doing their best to get it up & running is not to much to ask.
Not trading while the site is down - Sorry.

Image 7/4/16
LLHBBB

Postby Spectreselva » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:25 pm

Magic Man wrote:Dont disagree with everything else you said, but it sorta is a bit of a business isn't it? People paid money for Baubles (last time i did was 2017, so long ago) and plenty of other people spent way more on other things (Stone of Randomness, 20$ a spin). I just think Eldemores evolved from a simple hobby once people were dropping a fair bit of money in it.

I agree. I loved the events here way more than the CS ones. Plus the pets here always felt more...unique. Like the raven in my sig, lol.
Ultra collection completed 11/16/15

Hoarding:
Emerald zodiac gem rune dragon pygmys
All Carousel Slepneirs
All betta runes

Eldemore trades
Off-Site trades
Spectreselva

Previous

Return to Eldemore Discussion