Eldemore Headcanons

A place to discuss all things Eldemore.

Re: Eldemore Headcanons

Postby Human » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:09 pm

Sphye wrote:
That adorable!!

Imagine if a Glasswork decided to challenge something multiple times its size to win some fancy metal, gem, or glass. A glasswork trying to fight a Sea Serval who happens to be trying their hardest to take a nap at that particular moment, or chasing some crows off of a nest because they had some pretty shinies in there.

Thank you!! <3

ohmygosh like a teeny glasswork battling, say, a Dire Wolf or Basilisk? Okay... maybe not a basilisk... But!
Like an Otterling, maybe! Since they can sometimes hold pearls and glass between their twin tails, perhaps Glassworks try to steal those! :o
I know it causes bad luck, but would a glasswork care too much? Well, it might. Bad luck could effect their craftsmanship, and how well their products turn out...
Human

Postby soulace-shard » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:00 pm

ORIENTAL ISLES headcanon. ok so assuming there are multiple islands (bc it says... isles...) what if they all have slightly different cultures / specialties? like there isn't really a grouped-together oriental islands culture. the same way you can kinda say there is a European culture but also not. like one island specializes in raising Jaders, and another has lots of Foo Dogs, and another has Otterlings that are good at fishing or something! and then the species spread and people spread with them so the islands aren't wholly disjointed. basically, each island has its own culture and species focus.

also, I like to think that the Emperor of the Isles has a very varied amount of power depending on the island! like in one place you might have to say his name and then the whole "may-he-live-forever", or some other kind of respect. and in another place he just gets annual tributes and no real other power.

mmhm. i love the isles ok
soulace-shard

Postby Sphye » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:17 pm

sanderidge wrote:ORIENTAL ISLES headcanon. ok so assuming there are multiple islands (bc it says... isles...) what if they all have slightly different cultures / specialties? like there isn't really a grouped-together oriental islands culture. the same way you can kinda say there is a European culture but also not. like one island specializes in raising Jaders, and another has lots of Foo Dogs, and another has Otterlings that are good at fishing or something! and then the species spread and people spread with them so the islands aren't wholly disjointed. basically, each island has its own culture and species focus.

also, I like to think that the Emperor of the Isles has a very varied amount of power depending on the island! like in one place you might have to say his name and then the whole "may-he-live-forever", or some other kind of respect. and in another place he just gets annual tributes and no real other power.

mmhm. i love the isles ok

I like these thoughts!

Do you suppose that there may be Elvians from the Oriental Isles? I feel like the culture exchange combining "traditional"(??) Elvian culture with the cultures of the humans of the area (however rare such exchanges might be) would make for an amazing setting! It seems that it would be harder to hide a secret kingdom on a set of islands, but that's not to say it's impossible, right?

With how powerful the Emperor of the Oriental Isles must be at any given time, their collection of rare and spectacular creatures must rival the Sealer's...
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Tyasi » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:50 pm

yes
in my mind every jader is a bean that got too big for the ground and its leaf fell off an it grew
asher is a farmer

ouo-b
*DAMN YOU YAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Tyasi

Postby valiant-quest » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:08 pm

I have a headcanon that chicken griffins are smaller than normal griffins and used by humans as farm animals for their eggs!

I kinda hope they grow up to have stubby chicken wings
valiant-quest

Postby Sphye » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:39 am

Consider the following:
In Eldemore, Plague Doctors are based on the concept that Oblivion is afraid of Phoenixes, or that they are immune to him. A Phoenix Mask is considered an extra help in treating those affected by Oblivion's Curse.
by ebriose.

♪♪♪

Postby Silverhart » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:31 am

Image Image

Puck and Dolos are bitter rivals ever since one of them played a rather nasty trick on the other. They've traded pranks for years, pitting their champion followers against one another. Tensions come to a head on All Hallow's, when on numerous occasions toilet paper and egg fights have broken out between the two groups.

After the great prank war, the GraveKeeper Ancient steps out to gather the casualties - the casualties being the spilled lollipops and candies, strewn across the landscape and riddled with candy corn bullets. He gathers them into his arms and he screams at the sky: "when will the fighting end!?" Then he eats all the candy while everyone is still passed out from their sugar over-doses.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Commander Shepard » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:53 am

Silverhart wrote:
Image Image

Puck and Dolos are bitter rivals ever since one of them played a rather nasty trick on the other. They've traded pranks for years, pitting their champion followers against one another. Tensions come to a head on All Hallow's, when on numerous occasions toilet paper and egg fights have broken out between the two groups.

After the great prank war, the GraveKeeper Ancient steps out to gather the casualties - the casualties being the spilled lollipops and candies, strewn across the landscape and riddled with candy corn bullets. He gathers them into his arms and he screams at the sky: "when will the fighting end!?" Then he eats all the candy while everyone is still passed out from their sugar over-doses.

Clearly, the true Great War/debate among eld folk isn’t following Oblivion or not, it’s if you side with Puck or Dolos...

(Team Puck ftw)
(They/he/she)
Call me Shepard or Paine!

...art|| trade
.Shep || -
...You can fight
...like a krogan
run like a leopard
but you'll never be better
than Commander Shepard!

...by viddi
...Image
Commander Shepard

Postby Commander Shepard » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:15 am

Ancient legends speak of black shadows with eyes of molten gold, ragged figures whose mournful cries drown out all other sound. They were only ever sighted near places of great tragedy and despair— battlefields, over the Ash Moors, perched on city roofs during outbreak of sickness, or even simply lingering among the trees, just... watching. All beings of eldemore fear them, refuse even to properly name them for fear of summoning their unfortunate presence.

But it’s a funny thing, digging into the annals of history and finding more direct records. An old soldier’s diary speaks of days spent lost, wounded and delirious away from their company. Certainly they would have died, if not for the strange bird and it’s eerie song... eerie, but comforting, a thing to rejoice in for it meant the bird returning with a morsel of food to help survive another day; and later, a guide to follow til their unit was at last found. A plague ravaged girl’s drawings of a strange shade, perched outside her window; further drawings giving the impression she was near death but held on so she wouldn’t sadden her new friend. Travelers swap stories of the shadows in the woods, in the mountains and deserts and plains, a wild song that while... unsettling, helped give them the drive to keep going, just s little bit longer.

Get close enough to one to look into its eyes, and it’s like looking to the sunrise after a night too dark and too full of terrors. Fears that seemed insurmountable, overwhelming, are thrown into the light and made smaller, more... manageable. It will never be easy, but it can be done, which is all this Phoenix wishes to share with the world. Things may be dark, may seem hopeless... but there is always a light, and we will always endure.

(This May be my favorite Phoenix release on site so far :D I also like to imagine like. Charms made from their feathers that instill great courage...)
(They/he/she)
Call me Shepard or Paine!

...art|| trade
.Shep || -
...You can fight
...like a krogan
run like a leopard
but you'll never be better
than Commander Shepard!

...by viddi
...Image
Commander Shepard

Postby Sphye » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:18 am

Commander Shepard wrote:Image

Ancient legends speak of black shadows with eyes of molten gold, ragged figures whose mournful cries drown out all other sound. They were only ever sighted near places of great tragedy and despair— battlefields, over the Ash Moors, perched on city roofs during outbreak of sickness, or even simply lingering among the trees, just... watching. All beings of eldemore fear them, refuse even to properly name them for fear of summoning their unfortunate presence.

But it’s a funny thing, digging into the annals of history and finding more direct records. An old soldier’s diary speaks of days spent lost, wounded and delirious away from their company. Certainly they would have died, if not for the strange bird and it’s eerie song... eerie, but comforting, a thing to rejoice in for it meant the bird returning with a morsel of food to help survive another day; and later, a guide to follow til their unit was at last found. A plague ravaged girl’s drawings of a strange shade, perched outside her window; further drawings giving the impression she was near death but held on so she wouldn’t sadden her new friend. Travelers swap stories of the shadows in the woods, in the mountains and deserts and plains, a wild song that while... unsettling, helped give them the drive to keep going, just s little bit longer.

Get close enough to one to look into its eyes, and it’s like looking to the sunrise after a night too dark and too full of terrors. Fears that seemed insurmountable, overwhelming, are thrown into the light and made smaller, more... manageable. It will never be easy, but it can be done, which is all this Phoenix wishes to share with the world. Things may be dark, may seem hopeless... but there is always a light, and we will always endure.

(This May be my favorite Phoenix release on site so far :D I also like to imagine like. Charms made from their feathers that instill great courage...)

[color=#404080]Fantastically written, Shep![/color]
by ebriose.

♪♪♪

Previous

Return to Eldemore Discussion