Eldemore Headcanons

A place to discuss all things Eldemore.

Eldemore Headcanons

Postby Sphye » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:25 pm

Do you have any personal theories about Eldemore, its' location or creatures? Feel free to post them here!

Rules
Obviously keep everything appropriate, and otherwise follow all of the site rules.
Please don't insult anyone's ideas. If their headcanon doesn't match yours, it's not necessary to butt heads over it.
This is just for fun, and unless otherwise stated, these headcanons and theories won't actually become part of the lore.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Re: Eldemore Headcanons

Postby Distortionist » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:41 pm

That old stump in flickering vales that gives us candy is actually named Steve and is the god and holy protector of the village.

(BAHAHAHAHA)
***Offering FR treasure/stuff, artwork, or older trades for this month's outcomes, token, and event pets***
Birthday Nov. 30

Watch Me Grow! wrote:ImageImage
Trading Guidelines wrote:
Some things you should know before you hit trade C:
- Mass accumulating ligers is my ultimate goal -
- Nothing I only have one of is for trade unless overpay -
- Baubles are appreciated, but not needed -
Distortionist

Postby cjr09 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:06 pm

Clockworks are really Glasswork dragons underappreciated cousins and they're also shyer despite being bigger.

(DON'T JUDGE ME)
cjr09

Postby Sphye » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:10 am

Glassworks mostly just fly around stealing gemstones and metal from eachother, and then framing eachother and blaming everyone for it.

With the same noises as the hummingbird from Pocahontas.
by ebriose.

♪♪♪

Postby Vlad » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:20 am

Distortionist wrote:That old stump in flickering vales that gives us candy is actually named Steve and is the god and holy protector of the village.

(BAHAHAHAHA)

Yes. We both have the same opinion.

HAIL THE ALMIGHTY STEVE

Looks cute, doesn't she? Well, she isn't. She has no blood, instead darkness runs through her veins. She has a black heart, and no soul. She uses her cuteness to attract people and creatures, and then she devours their souls.. She's building up an army of zombies to do her bidding.
he/him
signatures are for people that have motivation

Vlad

Postby Fairy Farrago » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:49 pm

i've got this vision of huge packs of these black dire wolves running through forests and towns in the dead of night before and on the day of hallow's eve, barking and howling at the top of their lungs and bringing in the ominous setting for the day to come ouo
Fairy Farrago

Postby soulace-shard » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:41 am

I don't know if Eldemore's creatures typically live wild, but this is what I've come up with (for wild groups):

Direwolves are sorted into packs with an alpha pair and beta pair. There are Watchers who serve as guards, messengers and sentries, sorted by the time of day they Watch for; Songweavers who are responsible for training younger pups and recording or relating history; Hunters and Huntresses who fight offensively, scout, and assist the lead pairs if necessary.
Dires are usually monogamous and faithful; however, if one of a pair is departed for whatever reason (banishment, death, otherwise leaving the pack), it is acceptable for the remaining direwolf to take a new mate.
Names given at birth are 'pet names', as simple nicknames so others don't have to call 'Hey, you'. Usually around adolescence, a direwolf will choose a name for itself. Families may have a similar prefix or suffix. Direwolves are not required to change their name; some choose to keep it the same as the pet name and make it official.
After becoming a Songweaver, direwolves are required to add 'song' to their names. They may only use their new name for formal purposes, but it must be there to use.
Alphas are chosen on a basis of strength and leadership proficiency. A chosen alpha's mate choice is usually scrutinized, for they will have a lot of power, and must not misuse it.
~
Ligers live in prides with strict hierarchies. Lone males are, by default, mid-ranking hunters; lone females are mid-ranking scouts.
Leaders are chosen based on strength and leadership proficiency, as are direwolves' alphas, but liger leaders must also be capable of defending the pride near single-handedly. Therefore, it is common for challenging ligers to invite the current leader out for a duel. These duels are never fatal, as the pride must have a leader, but there is a great amount of shame attached to the leader's loss.
Ranks are assigned based on general proficiency and cannot be changed after a year of adulthood. There may be up to six ligers in a rank per pride, except for the Kaephen and Duesste, which may only consist of a single mated pair each. (This limits the size of a pride to 16, as Loners do not actually identify with the pride. Young ligers may stay with the pride until the transition to adolescence; afterwards, if there is a place in the pride, they may stay with it. Otherwise, they must take a mate (or not) and leave.
Mates are taken at the transition to adolescence and confirmed at the transition to adult. Mates cannot be changed after the confirmation.
(Which allows for forbidden romance stories.)
• Kaephen • Duesste • Hewlyaen • Lewkaen • Rashyrr
Leaders, Secondary, High-ranking, Low-ranking, Loners
Hewlyaen are generally hunters, fighters, scouts, the like. Lewkaen are more responsible for the artistic side of liger life, preserving traditions and legends. Although they are called 'low-ranking', this is based purely on strength, as Lewkaen ligers tend to be physically weaker than other ligers (although this is still quite strong). Lewkaen ligers are the ones who choose Keepers and live on Mount Bastion.
~
Otters live in rafts of general confusion; there is no strict high or low classification. There is a leader and a second; these are the only distinct ranks. Younger otters and their mothers are treated with more care than usual, although this is the norm among most groups of sentient animals. Scouts are held in somewhat higher regard. The raft does look out for its members and most otters in a raft are extremely loyal to it.
Territories' boundaries are not strictly placed, for how does an otter mark a border over the infinite sea? There are rough restrictions, though.
Otters mate for life, and usually do not take another mate after the death of the first.
soulace-shard

Postby Sphye » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:53 am

That looks very well thought out, Siakeruu Arrisorra! I like it.
by ebriose.

♪♪♪

Postby soulace-shard » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:53 pm

Ah, thank you ^-^ I'm not sure if it seems to belong here, because everyone else's headcanons are less 'serious' than mine is... I wish I had a good sense of humor >_<
soulace-shard

Postby Werewolf » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:26 pm

@ Siakeruu - I'm sure serious headcanons are fine. Here's one from me.

Sea Servals originated in the desert, from the Silver Sands to the coastline (they are rather fond of fish). Some of the first companion Servals were shanghaied by pirates or sold to travelers by Darak'i merchants. Their popularity soon spread all over the world. Despite their rough past, they have grown far stronger than they once were, and holding one captive for more than a day would be an impressive feat. They have developed stealth magic to easily escape such situations. Because of their history, the bond of a Serval to its partner is not as strong as other creatures' bonds, and can change over time. But, far removed from the early days, they have grown accustomed to humans and will seek them out as "pets", preferring the fittest, craftiest, and stealthiest of the lot.
I was Zhen.

I keep changing my username, because of reasons. Sorry for any ??? that results.
Werewolf

Next

Return to Eldemore Discussion