What is Bauble Value to you?

A place to discuss all things Eldemore.

What is Bauble Value to you?

Postby Kiinotasha » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:24 am

I have been curious for awhile now on how other people calculate the value of pet to bauble worth. As my own seem to be in a soft state of flux I thought it would be good to get an idea of what others see as the value of a pet.

Please note this is not a thread to ask about the value of a pet, but rather a place where many of us can get together to share our own views.

As this is an opinion based thread, I am going to set down a few rules to hopefully stop any problems before they crop up.

Rules
1. All of the general Eldemore rules apply to this thread
2. Please, everyone be polite and agree to disagree before going any further. This is just to see how/why people value things the way they do not to talk about how things "should" be valued.

That's all I have for now.
"It has been said that 'Time heals all wounds', I do not agree. The wounds remain in time the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone." -Rose Kenady
ImageBy Skelisteri
ImageImageImage
Kiinotasha

Re: What is Bauble Value to you?

Postby Sphye » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:09 pm

I view bauble value as a combination between what others have already had success in trading, and some soft rules pertaining to the date and rarity of a pet. I prefer for rarities to have some consistency amongst themselves, so that an uncommon from the same timeframe as a certain rare isn't considered to be worth more than the rarer pet.
I think that bazaar pets are a good frame of reference. If a recent bazaar pet cost 20 baubles when they were in the bazaar, and then becomes Ultra Rare, one can estimate that other Ultra Rares have a range somewhere around the same. If a more expensive bazaar pet also went Ultra Rare, the possible range can be expanded to reach between the numbers.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Startedraining » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:23 pm

I figure that since 1 bauble is roughly $0.05, a certain rarity should have some value. I set ranges between pets, depending on urgency or need or what have you.

It fluctuates a lot in my area because I won't buy drakes for baubles, but I will buy missed outcomes? idk.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Kiinotasha » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:58 pm

I've actually made a kind of chart that has a baseline for all pets, then depending on the rarity, time of year, the year date, and what event, I can put a price together for it. There are some exceptions to what I have but not many. I do try and factor in what other people have paid for them, and what I am willing to go to but it's easier to have that set base value that I can quickly figure out and then give a range based on that.

Sphye wrote:
I think that bazaar pets are a good frame of reference. If a recent bazaar pet cost 20 baubles when they were in the bazaar, and then becomes Ultra Rare, one can estimate that other Ultra Rares have a range somewhere around the same. If a more expensive bazaar pet also went Ultra Rare, the possible range can be expanded to reach between the numbers.

I did always like how the Bazaar's seemed to have a number that they always rose when they got out of the bazaar and by how much their rarity was, that's actually how I based a lot of what I have on. It makes things predicable and always keeps things at a bit of a constant.
"It has been said that 'Time heals all wounds', I do not agree. The wounds remain in time the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone." -Rose Kenady
ImageBy Skelisteri
ImageImageImage
Kiinotasha

Postby Livingdebgirl » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:09 pm

Kiino..is there a link to this chart you speak of?
I'm a new donator myself, and your replies and worths of creatures on the bauble as well as "Fair trade Thread" are pretty close to mine.^^
Come visit my thread for raffles, giveaways, contests and fun!

Edgecliff Estate

Coming soon to a theater near You!
New Adventure! Blakkrfolds Blight! Open!
New Adventure!

Trade me! Edgecliff Estate Trade Thread

Edgecliff Estate RP!

Stamps Courtesy of Sphye!
ImageImageImageImage
Livingdebgirl

Postby Kiinotasha » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:37 am

Livingdebgirl wrote:Kiino..is there a link to this chart you speak of?
I'm a new donator myself, and your replies and worths of creatures on the bauble as well as "Fair trade Thread" are pretty close to mine.^^

not really no, it's one that I have made myself but I can send it to you in a PM if you would like?
ImageBy Skelisteri
ImageImageImage
Kiinotasha

Postby Polly44 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:20 am

Kiinotasha wrote:
Livingdebgirl wrote:Kiino..is there a link to this chart you speak of?

not really no, it's one that I have made myself but I can send it to you in a PM if you would like?

Would be interesting if this chart could be posted as I haven't a clue on Bauble values and tend to go with what everyone else thinks, with my own opinion on it being what I would personally pay for pets. So if I like said Ultra Rare, then i'll pay more for it than an Ultra Rare I don't like.

I value your replies on those value and fair trade threads and think you've done a good job. :)
ImageImageImage

My Chicken Smoothie Account:
Polly44
My UK & International Howrse
Account:

Polly4 (UK) Polly4 (International)

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Polly44

Return to Eldemore Discussion