My Sealer is...

A place to discuss all things Eldemore.

My Sealer is...

Postby Sphye » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:44 pm

What are some traits that your own Sealer possesses that aren't represented in the Sealer's canon in events? What about them is captured perfectly in events? Let's hear about your Sealer and what makes them special!
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Re: My Sealer is...

Postby Startedraining » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:09 pm

My sealer is just as sassy as the canon sealer.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Commander Shepard » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:28 pm

Oh, this is a fun one :D

What diverges (slightly or wildly) from canon:

-My Sealer is half-born; avian/human!
-Probably not originally as hard up for pet collecting as shown in the cutscenes, but they do love 'em |D
-Definitely not as... chipper, and definitely not anywhere as keen on hugs |D However, I imagine she would go for the ones in the last Yuletide event...
-They would've been a lot more suspicious about Numair from the start, and probably... not figured Niles out immediately, but have a weird deja vu/recognize something was off, as she lives with(/pets are tended by) a half-ancient... who, depending on things, maaaaaay somewhat sorta kinda be Numair's niece (I doubt it stands in the wider canon any more but it's a fun thought xD)
-Would've been complaining s o m u c h during the desert event, because they loathe excess heat and sun |D
-Tends to prefer waffles to pancakes. The horror....

What's right!

-Inquisitive to the point of annoying and tends to just go for it/get answers no matter what |D
-Really would take their job seriously, especially after the accidental release of Oblivion, and would feel terrible for inflicting such a curse on the world/seeming to not be able to stop it.
-Snaps up all those plushie items like nobody's buisness
-Although the attitude is a bit different (my Sealer's a little more on the dry/sarcastic side), definitely the sass/back talk is accurate |D
-And the bit I like most, thanks to the way it's written? My Sealer does in fact have a preference to they/them pronouns (can be interchanged with she/her, though that's mostly reserved for family).
-Really does love the birdfamily- their own mother is actually still alive, as well as an uncle, but they've had to stay away for some time now due to half-born nature and all, the stigma was really starting to hurt the family business. And while they're okay on their own/have Cali, having something like a real family has been desperately needed and welcome.
(They/he/she)
Call me Shepard or Paine!

...art|| trade
.Shep || -
...You can fight
...like a krogan
run like a leopard
but you'll never be better
than Commander Shepard!

...by viddi
...Image
Commander Shepard

Postby Sphye » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:42 pm

I love those responses, Star and Shep!

My Sealer curses a lot. She's mindful of the situation, but if no one was listening to her/she thought no one was listening to her, she'd be muttering all sorts of strings of curse words and euphemisms, probably simultaneously.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Commander Shepard » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:03 am

Sphye wrote:
I love those responses, Star and Shep!

My Sealer curses a lot. She's mindful of the situation, but if no one was listening to her/she thought no one was listening to her, she'd be muttering all sorts of strings of curse words and euphemisms, probably simultaneously.

Ooooh yeah xD Potty mouth sealers for life \ o /

Shepard would have some... very choice words too I imagine... probably would bug everyone on the Wicked Serval for some nice pirate curses too?
(They/he/she)
Call me Shepard or Paine!

...art|| trade
.Shep || -
...You can fight
...like a krogan
run like a leopard
but you'll never be better
than Commander Shepard!

...by viddi
...Image
Commander Shepard

Postby SkieNight » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:03 am

Ooo this is really interesting because I chose to revamp an old character to be my main Eldsona/sealer because of how much the sealer reminded me of her, so let me compare and contrast (cause I don't do that enough in history class >.<)

Similar to/Same as Canon

- My sealer is human
- Rose is definitely not as into pet collecting, though she does love them
- definitely as sassy
- totally loves the birdfamily the same
- the tone and voice of the writing is pretty much how I imagined she would sound (at least when she was younger)
- she'd be just as serious about her job and just as hard on herself (in fact she'd actually be harder on herself)
- loves learning just as much as the in-canon sealer and is just as inquisitive and pushy at times

Diverges from Canon

- is actually bonded with an Elkrin
- is probably a bit closer to Cali if only because she's super into learning about Elvians
- has a family back in the Oriental Islands and would send occasional letters to them, though she's estranged and that relationship (especially with her father) is very complicated and quite messy
- Rose would probably not be okay with leaving and would fight back on that a lot, because she ran away once and doesn't want a repeat of that history
- would take things a lot worse in terms of releasing Oblivion, would have a lot more trauma around that (especially nightmares) and would probably suffer from some anxiety over haveing so much pressure. Would generally just be a lot harder on herself about everything
- would probably actually do Sorren's reading homework...

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby Silverhart » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:19 am

Crazy for pets - yes, spot on. In fact I'd argue almost, if not all the dialogue written for the Sealer is 100% accurate to my Sealer (and also to me XP). Her responses, while in the same vein might he more... sassy and stuck up then my own though. XD But otherwise she tends to fit the standard Sealer model quite well.

Only difference is - she makes Sterling collect tokens from Azara. Once was more then enough for her, so Sterling has that job from now on.
Also only other difference is that she - like me - is an Oblivion fan. Because one - he's basically the ancient patron of all mankind, and two he gave her pets - that at least deserves some awesome points. I have a feeling she might have grown up with, or otherwise knows some really nice necromancers and just can't see their ancient as anything other then... not evil. XP She doesn't believe anyone is evil. Plus - he gave us pets, you guys! She would like to see him and Seraphina get back on good terms. I'm pretty certain my Sealer is getting shipped out not to keep her out of Oblivion's clutches, but to avoid her actually siding with Oblivion. Seriously, if he wants my Sealer so bad he just has to plop down, slap up a 'Free Pets' sign and I'll be there ready to pledge my undying loyalty. I mean... she'll be there... *cough* But yeah - my Sealer genuinely enjoys all the adventures and people she's met so far - though she was suspicious of Sorren and Seraphina at first. She's looking forward to another tea party with Numair someday - although with perhaps a bit less... family drama.

Also she enjoys teasing Sorren, and breaking into his library to borrow books without permission. Sorren probably knows this, but let's her get away with it because it's all part of her training. Or was, at least. She - like me - loves learning, but hates homework and is quick to make her opinion of it very clear to Sorren. And she and Willy like to sing pirate songs at unanciently hours of the night, because Willy is favoritedad.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Return to Eldemore Discussion