31%
Willy
38%
Zion
19%

Total votes : 42

Re: Official Lore Discussion Thread

Postby Mira » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:29 am

You know Avians, who have these strict culture thing with all those Houses etc huh?
Do you think there are Punk Avians, who stand against the society? O.O

Mira

Postby Iridescesara » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:53 pm

Mira wrote:You know Avians, who have these strict culture thing with all those Houses etc huh?
Do you think there are Punk Avians, who stand against the society? O.O

I'd imagine there's outsiders and outcasts in every society in Eldemore. There's always a rogue or two in the bunch no matter what group of people you're looking at.

Postby Shinwanée » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:55 am

I'm having so much feelings for the lore, mostly hype and regret. I felt like I missed out experiencing certain "episodes" that I could not really catch up on. I could stalk the lore and cutscenes thread but it just doesn't feel the same. Then there's the discussions made by the older members that I could never truly follow. I would feel slight awkwardness if I bring up any topics that have been discussed many times.
I think I'm more like: "Don't mind me, I'm still trying to find my niche in Eldermore" - thing.

I like to speculate something ... about Azara and Fiore's breed. (I overthink thing sometimes.)
It's likely these possiblies:
  1. They are an unknown/undiscovered breed that has not been recorded in the codex yet.
  2. They are a hybrid of the known breeds of their species.
  3. They are a unique and/or extremely rare variant of their breed that has not been documented in the codex.

Fiore could be case #3 and she might be a Dolphin Sea Serval. Why not? it seems perfect that Willy would run into that kind of breed the most with his profession.
Image She could be this pygmy that went into a mutation into adulthood! Or not.

Azara could case case #2 in that she is a legacy hybrid with 2 or more rune drake breeds. This one is harder for me to decide since you could say that her parents could be like case #1, plus I can't find a clear image of that dragon drawn by Benathorn. Oh well, here are my guesses on her ancestry:
Image this Aztec Rune Dragon + Image this Nocturne Rune Dragon,
with hints of Image Mystic Rune Dragon.

Okay that's the end of my train of thought. What do you think?
[*needs to be more social*] Hopelessly addicted to virtual adopdables.

Happy New Year Eldemore!
Image Image
This calls for pancakes!
(Work in Progress as Always)

......................................................................................................................................
Shinwanée

Postby Silverhart » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:57 pm

Speculate away Shinwanée! Even if it's been discussed before, there's always some interesting new insight to be had! I think you have an interesting theory there.

Azara is Jendalie's Custom Grizbok Rune from way back on the CS thread. I don't see why it's not possible for the Grizbok Runes to be related to the others. We know they like cities (and the Aztec people were known for their cities), and we first met her near a lamppost at night, which does sound very Noturne Runish. And she hoards glass too, and the Mystic Runes are made of glass. Hmm... I don't see why it's not possible that her breed could be descended from all three, or even that Grizbok Runes are the ancestors of all three!

I don't know about Fiore though... I feel like Bena or Jen has said her breed name before, but I can't remember it (CODES get on that). But in any case she doesn't really look like a dolphin to me... And even though Willy is a pirate, and having a dolphin serval would seem to fit, Willy got Fiore from Seraphina, so it's possible that she's of a breed related to the Mystics?

I wonder also if any of those three options could also be what the brown Runes on the roofs in Silverport could be? A hybrid, or rare/unique variant of a different Rune? They kind of remind me of the Jingle Bow Runes we got last night...
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby scmarshtacky » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:54 pm

Silverhart wrote:-snip snip-

I don't know about Fiore though... I feel like Bena or Jen has said her breed name before, but I can't remember it (CODES get on that). But in any case she doesn't really look like a dolphin to me... And even though Willy is a pirate, and having a dolphin serval would seem to fit, Willy got Fiore from Seraphina, so it's possible that she's of a breed related to the Mystics?
-more snip-

I poked around a little and found this from Willy's Character sheet on Benathorn's Eld/NPC Character thread. It's not a breed name, but it's still interesting.

Given to Willy at the age of six when his father's ship docked at a port near the Oriental Isles, Fiore was bestowed to the young tyke back then by Seraphina herself in exchange for one of the child's first few glass balls that he had made.

Which is rather fascinating at several points. First and foremost, I find it interesting that Willy had such an interaction with Seraphina long before he actually jumped in with the mystics after his and Sorren's pirating days. Wonder if Seraphina knew Willy and Sorren would eventually end up with her for a short period of time before getting in with the Watch Crows? I would take a guess that she did, being the Ancient of Fate and all.

And even back then, at the age of six, Willy seems to have been very skilled at working with glass. I wonder when and where he picked that up.

But in regards to Fiore, maybe she's from the Oriental Isles? Or maybe Seraphina picked her up in some other odd and exotic location. Or maybe she did just originate with the mystics. I'll keep on poking around for a breed name though.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
scmarshtacky

Postby Startedraining » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:45 am

I adore the idea that Fiore came from the Oriental Isles, considering it's an island chain and they're called Sea Servals.
I stalked Bena's deviantart and I found notning that would hint to Fiore's breed of Serval in either of Willy's references. Even in Fiore's official art there's no hints.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Silverhart » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:46 pm

Startedraining wrote:
I adore the idea that Fiore came from the Oriental Isles, considering it's an island chain and they're called Sea Servals.
I stalked Bena's deviantart and I found notning that would hint to Fiore's breed of Serval in either of Willy's references. Even in Fiore's official art there's no hints.

According to Bena's form on the Board and Broadsides roleplay Fiore is a "beautiful Sea Serval of awesomeness". I'm gonna say that's the closet to a breed name we have. XP Although I could've sworn Bena or Jen has posted the official name somewhere. Oh well. Beautiful Sea Serval of Awesomeness works just as well.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Startedraining » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:20 pm

Silverhart wrote:
Startedraining wrote:

According to Bena's form on the Board and Broadsides roleplay Fiore is a "beautiful Sea Serval of awesomeness". I'm gonna say that's the closet to a breed name we have. XP Although I could've sworn Bena or Jen has posted the official name somewhere. Oh well. Beautiful Sea Serval of Awesomeness works just as well.

XD
I searched the forums for a breed and in Bena's and Jen's posts separately, and I still can't find any evidence of a breed. Dang Fiore :V
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby ErulasseAranel » Sat May 07, 2016 8:04 pm

Sphye wrote:Edit:
Okay, so I had a fun thought. Imagine a character bound to a Silk Moth Rune egg. They consider said egg to be kind of like a cool magic rock, and it has a name and everything. They can vaguely tell via their bond when the egg is uncomfortable, like when it doesn't want to be in their backpack or whatnot.
Imagine a bunch of kids who are bonded to eggs making a club. The "mom wouldn't let me have anything else" club. Silk rune person has an egg because they're allergic to pretty much everything else. Li'l Jimmy has a griffin egg because he is not to be trusted with anything that needs more careful care. Marie has a drake egg because her family just really doesn't want to deal with pet-related messes.
I'm really contemplating making the moth rune egg person an actual character.[/color][/center]

This... this is an amazing idea. I love it. (Probably mostly because I've just never considered normal things like, I don't know, kids making clubs and such, in the world of Eldemore.)

Shinwanée wrote:I felt like I missed out experiencing certain "episodes" that I could not really catch up on. I could stalk the lore and cutscenes thread but it just doesn't feel the same. Then there's the discussions made by the older members that I could never truly follow. I would feel slight awkwardness if I bring up any topics that have been discussed many times.
I think I'm more like: "Don't mind me, I'm still trying to find my niche in Eldermore" - thing.

Likewise. (I feel like I shouldn't just say "same" so I've come up with a more formal version XD)
I have quit Eldemore because I'm a Baptist and the lore of it, and the creatures, have to do with magic and I'd like to stay on the safe side. I have loved this community while I've been here!
ErulasseAranel

Postby Gethoce » Mon May 09, 2016 3:05 am

I'm not sure if someone asked that yet but my GH wife told me to ask here some time ago, so:
Avian, Elvian or Wolkin + Human = Halfborn
What about Avian + Wolkin or something...?
Is that even possible? D:

Also:
How large is a Rune Drake Egg? Can a single man even carry it around or is it just too heavy?
Gethoce

PreviousNext

Return to Eldemore Discussion