31%
Willy
38%
Zion
19%

Total votes : 42

Re: Official Lore Discussion Thread

Postby Scyanatha » Mon May 09, 2016 3:44 am

Lt. Dark Doom wrote:I'm not sure if someone asked that yet but my GH wife told me to ask here some time ago, so:
Avian, Elvian or Wolkin + Human = Halfborn
What about Avian + Wolkin or something...?
Is that even possible? D:

-snip-

My theory is that, even if it did happen, the magic of each race would be too different from the other, causing it to conflict (or reject) and make it impossible for any children to be born from such an union.
(Each non-human race is only able to bond to one specific species of creature, which is why I assume that their innate magic must be different too; humans don't have any magic of their own, which may be the only reason why offspring is possible.)

In a more biological approach, the races are too genetically different, and again, offspring is not possible. I'm not quite sure how humans fit in here, though; perhaps the humans' genetical make-up holds some middle ground between the three nonhuman races, making offspring possible even though said offspring is not fertile.
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby Gethoce » Mon May 09, 2016 4:03 am

Scyanatha wrote:
Lt. Dark Doom wrote:I'm not sure if someone asked that yet but my GH wife told me to ask here some time ago, so:

-snip-

My theory is that, even if it did happen, the magic of each race would be too different from the other, causing it to conflict (or reject) and make it impossible for any children to be born from such an union.
(Each non-human race is only able to bond to one specific species of creature, which is why I assume that their innate magic must be different too; humans don't have any magic of their own, which may be the only reason why offspring is possible.)

In a more biological approach, the races are too genetically different, and again, offspring is not possible. I'm not quite sure how humans fit in here, though; perhaps the humans' genetical make-up holds some middle ground between the three nonhuman races, making offspring possible even though said offspring is not fertile.

Oh well, sounds very logical, I think I can be pleased with this theory though a mix between the races could have looked really cool. ^^
Still I could ask "What if, for example, an elvian halfborn + a wolkin halfborn?" but I guess it'll probably be a normal human again. <X'D
Gethoce

Postby Scyanatha » Mon May 09, 2016 4:41 am

Lt. Dark Doom wrote:-snip-
Still I could ask "What if, for example, an elvian halfborn + a wolkin halfborn?" but I guess it'll probably be a normal human again. <X'D

Heh, that question has crossed my mind as well, but then I remembered that halfborns by default aren't able to have children of their own (they're not fertile). :<

It certainly would be cool to imagine the possibilities if the Eldemorian races were able to produce hybrids, though.
Like... Elvian + Wolfkin = slender and graceful, with either the ears or the tail (or rarely, both) from their wolfkin side, possibly dark-skinned, and with small antlers. Their skin/fur would probably be faintly dappled/spotted.
Or Elvian + Avian: just like an avian but slightly smaller, minus bird legs and long sharp talons, but with small antlers like an Elvian and the long, pointy ears.
I honestly can't imagine an Avian + Wolfkin hybrid ever existing, since I imagine the Avians would have nothing but sheer contempt for the Wolfkin. xD
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby Gethoce » Mon May 09, 2016 4:58 am

Scyanatha wrote:
Lt. Dark Doom wrote:-snip-

Heh, that question has crossed my mind as well, but then I remembered that halfborns by default aren't able to have children of their own (they're not fertile). :<

Oh man, right, how could I ever forget! D:

However some fanart of the hybrids would be amazing. :D

About Avian and Wolkin, weren't Avian in a kind of enmity with mankind too? Wasn't there something last summer event, a human killed an Avian since that day they are enemies, as I remember. O.O
Well, still there are Halfborn, rare in any case, same would count to hybrids, Avian halfborn are the rarest, I think there was something like this, very special. :)
Gethoce

Postby Scyanatha » Mon May 09, 2016 5:17 am

Lt. Dark Doom wrote:About Avian and Wolkin, weren't Avian in a kind of enmity with mankind too? Wasn't there something last summer event, a human killed an Avian since that day they are enemies, as I remember. O.O
Well, still there are Halfborn, rare in any case, same would count to hybrids, Avian halfborn are the rarest, I think there was something like this, very special. :)

I wasn't around yet then, but the enmity between humans and Avians stems from before Sullivan even got sealed. They fought against Sullivan and his army, because of which a lot of Avians were killed. Since then, the Ancient of Winds, who is pretty much the leader of the Avians, raised the land where they lived up in the sky.
Most Avians have greatly disliked humans since the entire war with Sullivan. Not that they ever trusted or liked humans in the first place. Some are curious and adventurous and seek out humans though, but this usually doesn't last long.
Of course, the Avians are none too happy now that Sullivan has escaped.

But yes, Avian halfborn are extremely rare, and most humans nowadays think of Avians as a mere legend, a myth, because they're so rarely seen outside of their lands in the sky.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby Gethoce » Mon May 09, 2016 11:53 am

Lt. Dark Doom wrote:How large is a Rune Drake Egg? Can a single man even carry it around or is it just too heavy?

My wife, kind-hearted as she is, asked Bena about this, if anyone is interessted, the result is:
They are a bit larger than basketballs and you can carry one, but just one since there is usually a Drake with weight Inside. ;)
Gethoce

Postby Silverhart » Mon May 09, 2016 12:19 pm

I have tried to convince people that we need Avian/Wolfkin/Elvian/human hybrids, but no. XD Bena has said no to that. Unfortunately, it's just not possible - at least not until Eldemore discovers how to splice genetics around! *insert mad scientist laughter* XP But no, they're too different species/magic wise to interbreed. But there's nothing to stop a Wolfkin and an Avian from falling in love and adopting a kid together, odd as it would seem.

It's a shame it isn't possible simply for the fact that Wolfkin/Avian hybrids could have the slang term "bird dog" applied to them, which is both insulting and endearing at the same time. XD

Raises an interesting question though - if they can breed with humans and not the others perhaps humans are common ancestors to all the different races. Avians, Wolfkin, and Elvian evolved separately from them, or evolved (or were created from if we want to say the Ancients made them) from an ancestor that more closely resembled humans. Which doesn't make sense given the lore has said the trueborn races were here before humans. I dunno. I'm super curious as to where humans in Eldemore came from originally. I'm sure the different races have different origin myths that I would love to hear as well.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Gethoce » Tue May 10, 2016 4:02 am

Oh man, so it's certainly sure that they can never have a cute own hybrid baby, is there even a great scientist on Eldemore that could splice genetics? D:
(Well, after playing Zelda Twilight Princess HD again regarding Gorons and Zoras I started to understand better why different races can't equal a hybrid... They are just too heavily different sometimes. <X'D)
Whatever, the thought about an Avian and an Elvian adopting a cute little Wolfkin (Such an unlikely example, I know. XD) is just too adorable. <X3
Imagin them cuddeling... Watching... Protecting... This little adopted life... Just...
I could write a poem about that.

So if humans were made after the magical reaces, if one can call them like this, maybe they were kind of an mutation of one of these magical creatures, probably one that lost it's magic taken away from him by an ancient or something...
This Guy would be Eldemore's Adam somehow... Just another idea after thinking about it, this is something where we could come up with a lot of great stories.
Gethoce

Postby BlueTrillium » Tue May 10, 2016 9:53 am

Startedraining wrote:
Silverhart wrote:
Startedraining wrote:
I adore the idea that Fiore came from the Oriental Isles, considering it's an island chain and they're called Sea Servals.
I stalked Bena's deviantart and I found notning that would hint to Fiore's breed of Serval in either of Willy's references. Even in Fiore's official art there's no hints.

According to Bena's form on the Board and Broadsides roleplay Fiore is a "beautiful Sea Serval of awesomeness". I'm gonna say that's the closet to a breed name we have. XP Although I could've sworn Bena or Jen has posted the official name somewhere. Oh well. Beautiful Sea Serval of Awesomeness works just as well.

XD
I searched the forums for a breed and in Bena's and Jen's posts separately, and I still can't find any evidence of a breed. Dang Fiore :V

I know this question/post is from way back in January but since I just saw the answer posted recently (perhaps because of this very thread!) I thought maybe I should post it here, just to have it in one place?

Benathorn wrote:
Clembot wrote:^I could be wrong, but I came up with a Fiore breed prediction:
Image + X = Fiore?
She kind of looks like the Nepthys sea serval above, so maybe that's one of the parents? I don't know what the other parent would be, though.

Fiore is an Oracle Sea Serval. That is what I have her down as in my files at least, and also because Seraphina gave her to Willy. Hopefully that solves the mystery~

From http://www.eldemore.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=958&start=6070#p537022.

*apologies if this was silly ^_^ I know Startedraining already saw this in the original location, etc, so it's not really a reply to them or anything. Just figured on keeping lore together*
BlueTrillium

Postby Startedraining » Tue May 10, 2016 1:05 pm

Fiore is quite sneaky, but her particular breed name was no where to be found before now cx
Thanks though! Now we know :')
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and