Eldemore Character Discussion Thread!

A place to discuss all things Eldemore.

Re: Eldemore Character Discussion Thread!

Postby valiant-quest » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:03 pm

Yeah, that would be interesting! :0
valiant-quest

Postby soulace-shard » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:37 am

aaaa how did I not know there was a thread for this kind of thing. I have been living off my own little dreams and far too little fanfiction for so long.

I don't post very much hehe so I dunno if I should actually introduce myself or not - but what I really want to ask about is the oriental isles! because it seems like so much can be crammed into those little islands. My Eldsona, Sanne, is from the Oriental Isles and I kinda don't know what I can do with that idea. (I really want to think about slightly different cultures on different islands or history of wars and such before unification under the ruler of the Jade Palace and surely not only the emperor has foo dogs, surely jaders aren't the only canines on the isles...) bleagh this place is just my favorite place next to Darak'i and I want to know more about it. It seems like you can draw so much for a character from locations, and Elde has so many good ones!

is anyone else's character from there? is there more information on the isles somewhere that I have yet to find?

(also is anyone else really really nervous about breaking canon? sometimes I just. freak out about that kind of thing.)
soulace-shard

Postby Sphye » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:55 am

sanderidge wrote:aaaa how did I not know there was a thread for this kind of thing. I have been living off my own little dreams and far too little fanfiction for so long.

I don't post very much hehe so I dunno if I should actually introduce myself or not - but what I really want to ask about is the oriental isles! because it seems like so much can be crammed into those little islands. My Eldsona, Sanne, is from the Oriental Isles and I kinda don't know what I can do with that idea. (I really want to think about slightly different cultures on different islands or history of wars and such before unification under the ruler of the Jade Palace and surely not only the emperor has foo dogs, surely jaders aren't the only canines on the isles...) bleagh this place is just my favorite place next to Darak'i and I want to know more about it. It seems like you can draw so much for a character from locations, and Elde has so many good ones!

is anyone else's character from there? is there more information on the isles somewhere that I have yet to find?

(also is anyone else really really nervous about breaking canon? sometimes I just. freak out about that kind of thing.)

I have a couple of characters from the Oriental Isles. One is a cartographer and surveyor who travels all across Elde for her work. Another, one of my newest, is a halfborn wolfkin who travels with her two mothers (her biological mother and her adoptive mother, both wolfkin) through the Oriental Isles. I intend for her to acquire cough cough steal an Oriental Jader, to have fun with the parallels between Jaders' lost/hidden magic from selective breeding and halfborns' conflicting, unstable magic from mixed lineage.

It would be really interesting to learn more about the canon of the Oriental Isles. Until we have that, though, headcanon to your heart's content! It's definitely understandable to be nervous about breaking canon, since changes may make your headcanon feel ostracized, but filling in the gaps is one of the most fun things about enjoying fiction.
When I started creating penguin avians, I was aware that flightless avians weren't supposed to be canon. I made them anyway, and my characters are regarded the same way as any other fancharacters! While we haven't seen any flightless avians in canon, my ridiculous penguins still exist.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Silverhart » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:57 am

Welcome sanderidge! ^^ Can't wait to hear more about your characters! Alas, I don't have any characters from the Oriental Isles yet - at least, no official ones. XP And I can't say I know if more information on the place exists. I sincerely hope we can revisit them someday.

sanderidge wrote:(also is anyone else really really nervous about breaking canon? sometimes I just. freak out about that kind of thing.)

Nope. Not at all. Will gladly and proudly break canon unless and until Captain Willy asks me to stop. XP Break away I say! Many great things have come from breaking canon. Like Sphye's penguins - which I forgot were non-canon until just now. Are they really? Wow. They seem so... canon, at this point. XD
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Startedraining » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:13 pm

Silverhart wrote:Welcome sanderidge! ^^ Can't wait to hear more about your characters! Alas, I don't have any characters from the Oriental Isles yet - at least, no official ones. XP And I can't say I know if more information on the place exists. I sincerely hope we can revisit them someday.

sanderidge wrote:(also is anyone else really really nervous about breaking canon? sometimes I just. freak out about that kind of thing.)

Nope. Not at all. Will gladly and proudly break canon unless and until Captain Willy asks me to stop. XP Break away I say! Many great things have come from breaking canon. Like Sphye's penguins - which I forgot were non-canon until just now. Are they really? Wow. They seem so... canon, at this point. XD

I break canon for breakfast xD
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Shin-Ah » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:02 pm

I feel like I should bring this topic back up to life.

As for Oriental Isle Characters I have one main one, Kazuki, a samurai.

I also feel nervous, yet not for breaking canon. I love making AUS but I'm terrified of making anyone out of character at all or making a ship for it not to happen, or getting a character's sexuality wrong even. (hence why I practically stalk Bena's DA and why I used to look at her charahub daily when I found it, as it was a vast pool of information)

I started talking to Sphye about it already actually, does anyone have any ideas for their Falks yet in anticipation for the next event?
Image A ᴛʜᴏᴜsᴀɴᴅ ʙʟᴀᴅᴇs ᴜɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ
Rᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪɴᴋ ᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅs, ʏᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴍɪɴᴇ
Lᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴅᴇ ʀᴜsʜ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜAɴᴅ ᴏɴᴇ ᴅᴀʏ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ
ᴡᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
-Aᴍᴀʟᴇᴇ
Sʜᴇ/ʜᴇʀ, Gᴇɴᴅᴇʀᴘᴜɴᴋ
Sʜɪɴ-Aʜ ᴏʀ Jᴀyɴᴀ
Mᴇɴᴛᴀʟʟʏ Mᴀʀʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ Iᴋᴇ Fʀᴏᴍ Fɪʀᴇ Eᴍʙʟᴇᴍ
Sᴏᴄɪᴀʟʟʏ Aɴxɪᴏᴜs
Cʜᴀᴏᴛɪᴄ Gᴏᴏᴅ, INFP
Trade DA CS
Felis Fire Lioden
Fan fics Avatar Source
Charahub Pokefarm
ImageImageImageImageImage
Shin-Ah

Postby Silverhart » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:39 pm

I think as long you're respectful to the creator and fellow shippers, it's fine to ship characters whichever way you want. It's all about having fun, even if it would never happen in canon. I think the point of a lot of ships is to break canon and explore other possibilities within the world, and there's nothing wrong with that. Plus it's one of things where people are gonna ship regardless of canon so if you think it's fun then you might as well join in.

As for my Falk... I have my ideas... *strokes chin*

My Falk is almost definitely going to be male. That's still sort of up for debate, but as I do lean toward male characters, he'll likely be male.

He'll be obsessed with pets, like my Sealer, but in a different way... I won't say what way. That's a secret. XP

He'll definitely have a Chillawing companion and/or bonded, and possibly my Jader, Willow will join him on some adventures.

I wonder... since "Falk" is a last name, if all of our Falks will be related somehow - like they'll all be cousins in a great big Eld family. XD I really like that idea. It probably wouldn't work for the story, since I believe it's been established that all of our Sealers are in different worlds by Numair, right? But if you were roleplaying and had two or more Falks they could be like: "Oh yeah, you're my second cousin, twice removed." And maybe they both just happened to run into the same people. Or maybe it's just like the "Smith" of Eldemore. I just like the idea of a whole lot of Falks running around. XP
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Shin-Ah » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:44 pm

So sorry I haven't responded any sooner >n<

I think as long you're respectful to the creator and fellow shippers, it's fine to ship characters whichever way you want. It's all about having fun, even if it would never happen in canon. I think the point of a lot of ships is to break canon and explore other possibilities within the world, and there's nothing wrong with that. Plus it's one of things where people are gonna ship regardless of canon so if you think it's fun then you might as well join in.

You are right with that... because I mean I guess I wouldn't ever stop shipping Seramora.... but I really needed that as I kinda felt.... odd about it honestly seeing how small this site/fandom is, and how personal each character to our god Bena is.

At first I was thinking mine were to be male, especially seeing how masculine the last name Falk sounds, however I do have the tendency to self-insert more, so mine's going to be a female.

It'd be a bit simpler for RPs that somewhat follow the plots as well.

I may make a male one in addition however. As I'm not sure how to handle the whole pet thing, to be honest.

I'm thinking for my female falk to be half-born wolfkin, so I may make Bjorn, Makoto or any other Jader I get as a companion, I'm unsure of any magical companions yet so far.

The idea of all our falks being related and Falk being like the "Smith, Jones and etc." of Eldemore as kinda humorous as everyone in the watch-crows are like "Alright, but which bloody one?"

That could be very convient for RPs though :3

I also just imagined an army of falks all working together to accomplish goals, yet somewhat compete to get pets.
Image A ᴛʜᴏᴜsᴀɴᴅ ʙʟᴀᴅᴇs ᴜɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ
Rᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪɴᴋ ᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅs, ʏᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴍɪɴᴇ
Lᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴅᴇ ʀᴜsʜ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜAɴᴅ ᴏɴᴇ ᴅᴀʏ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ
ᴡᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
-Aᴍᴀʟᴇᴇ
Sʜᴇ/ʜᴇʀ, Gᴇɴᴅᴇʀᴘᴜɴᴋ
Sʜɪɴ-Aʜ ᴏʀ Jᴀyɴᴀ
Mᴇɴᴛᴀʟʟʏ Mᴀʀʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ Iᴋᴇ Fʀᴏᴍ Fɪʀᴇ Eᴍʙʟᴇᴍ
Sᴏᴄɪᴀʟʟʏ Aɴxɪᴏᴜs
Cʜᴀᴏᴛɪᴄ Gᴏᴏᴅ, INFP
Trade DA CS
Felis Fire Lioden
Fan fics Avatar Source
Charahub Pokefarm
ImageImageImageImageImage
Shin-Ah

Postby Sphye » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:42 am

Shin-Ah wrote:
The idea of all our falks being related and Falk being like the "Smith, Jones and etc." of Eldemore as kinda humorous as everyone in the watch-crows are like "Alright, but which bloody one?"

I love it. Felix rubbing his temple, not even bothering to ask who supplied that particular information as he thinks of how unhelpful that will be. If that's the case, there are probably dozens of Falks within the Crows already.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Previous

Return to Eldemore Discussion