Eldemore Character Discussion Thread!

A place to discuss all things Eldemore.

Re: Eldemore Character Discussion Thread!

Postby Scyanatha » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:11 pm

I just ended up making yet another Eldemore character, and I already love my precious, vain, silver prince Gil. Though I think Romios is still my favourite.
And I wonder if I should now make a little starling avian or a halfborn elkrin girl. Both would be cute... I can't decide!

@Sphye
More Eld characters and personas is always good! I wonder who this "Falk" person will be, and if we'll indeed get to see the world through their eyes. Or perhaps everything goes wrong and our Sealer doesn't end up getting hidden away but ends up working together with Falk instead.
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby SkieNight » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:05 pm

@Sphye, Silverhart, and Clembot

I also have a half-born Elvian character, though I haven't really touched her much (and being as unartistic as I am I'll I can do is write which isn't nearly as interesting). Her names Ebony, her mother was a Mystic so she was actually raised by them and not by Elvians but yeah... there aren't many Elvian halfborns out there. I should really use her more though she's a bit of a grump. Scar actually made some art for her a while ago.

On another note, I'm also curious to see how this Falk character will play out and if it will be from their perspective, and if that is the case I can't help but wonder what will happen to our poor Sealer for the time being. Oh well... all questions for another day.

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby Sphye » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:41 pm

SkieNight wrote:@Sphye, Silverhart, and Clembot

I also have a half-born Elvian character, though I haven't really touched her much (and being as unartistic as I am I'll I can do is write which isn't nearly as interesting). Her names Ebony, her mother was a Mystic so she was actually raised by them and not by Elvians but yeah... there aren't many Elvian halfborns out there. I should really use her more though she's a bit of a grump. Scar actually made some art for her a while ago.

Oh, she's a cutie! I wonder how it would be to be a halfborn raised by Mystics? I have one halfborn with a Mystic mother, and her family was... less than ideal. Any support that may have come from the group who knows in their own experience what it's like to be shunned was blocked by seclusion enforced by a resentful mother and discriminatory grandmother.

What's Ebony's history like?
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Silverhart » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:40 am

She's lovely SkieNight!

I think we need more elvians in general, though they are fairly rare in Eld, especially outside of their forests. Most of the elvian characters I've seen are those who have left their forests or been banished. I guess because, knowing so little of the elvian's culture it's a bit difficult to write backstories for them in their natural setting.

Man - I am gettin' that urge. The urge to make more characters. XP I must stay strong and resist temptation!

I'm also curious about this Falk person. Curious and suspicious...
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby SkieNight » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:13 am

Sphye wrote:
Oh, she's a cutie! I wonder how it would be to be a halfborn raised by Mystics? I have one halfborn with a Mystic mother, and her family was... less than ideal. Any support that may have come from the group who knows in their own experience what it's like to be shunned was blocked by seclusion enforced by a resentful mother and discriminatory grandmother.

What's Ebony's history like?

Isn't Scar's art amazing~ Makes all my characters look absolutely wonderful!

Ahh, I could understand that. Ebony's history is different though it's not wonderful. For the most part, Ebony looks more Mystic than Elvian. She has very faint fawn spots, but they are on her neck and go down her shoulders and back, so as long as she covers them and one of her eyes she can pass as almost human. It wasn't so much that she was shunned from the Mystics, but more so that they shunned that one aspect of her. They made sure to hide any and all evidence that she was a halfborn. She never learned much about Elvians, she was never told about her father, and she was forced to cover up one of her eyes (around the Mystics, her green eye, but out around other people she covers her violet eye). They pretty much did everything in their power to pretend she wasn't halfborn, to the point where she's rather ashamed of her background and never brings it up. Her saving grace was that her mother loved her to pieces, because her mother adored her Elvian father and simply wasn't ashamed of having a halfborn daughter. I imagine that Ebony's mother felt guilty, if anything, for putting her daughter through this. However, when her mother passed away, Ebony did even up leaving the Mystics because of the toxic environment.

Of course, all of this is constantly changing slightly as I put more and more pieces together in order to explain why Ebony is the way she is. But for the most part that's her history.

Silverhart wrote:She's lovely SkieNight!

I think we need more elvians in general, though they are fairly rare in Eld, especially outside of their forests. Most of the elvian characters I've seen are those who have left their forests or been banished. I guess because, knowing so little of the elvian's culture it's a bit difficult to write backstories for them in their natural setting.

Man - I am gettin' that urge. The urge to make more characters. XP I must stay strong and resist temptation!

I'm also curious about this Falk person. Curious and suspicious...

Thank's Silverhart! It's seriously all Scar.

I've also really wanted to make an Elvian character, but not one that's run away. I don't know... I've just had an idea for a very traditional Elvian, who's maybe a daughter in a more powerful Elvian family as is facing an arranged marriage, and is okay with it because she serves her people and it's her place and yada yada yada. I don't know... just... ideas.... I agree though, it's hard making an Elvian character when we know so little about them.

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby Taryn123 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:59 am

Well.. In the half born lore post, i think it states that
'Elvian keep there half borns indoors and locked up the in their community.'

Its not a direct quote, because i can't remember exactly what was typed. I think that's why they are rare, because, you wont be able to see someone if there in a secret forest community, locked up in the family home.
That being said, I love @SkieNight's half born Elvian character and how she grew up in a human, mystic community. As, from what i've read and what i imagine, Elvian are very very beautiful, and for a guy to fall for a human girl, well... Yeah
So Ebony's situation is unique on its own!

Mines are three universal human characters, that i use for many rp sites and so on. Been thinking of making two character who are unique to Eldemore. An Avian and Elvian half born. - However, unlike Ebony, i've already got plans for him to be locked up in his family home, with a very unstable bond with one of the family's Elkrin.. Or.. Creature... Working on that.
The only thing that's stopping me form making him, is the lack of community information surrounding the Elvian.

Another thing, i do agree with you guys, why are there so many Avain half born's?
Yeah, there meant to be rare, but at the current stage Elvian half born's will be rarer. XD

... Sorry for the bad grammar. D:
May the little fire starter, light the way in the dark
ImageLi' Firestarter
Taryn123

Postby Silverhart » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:42 pm

I think mostly because 1) they're really fun, what with getting to be "demon birds" and all that; plus lots of different bird species means people have a lot of varieties of avians running around. I mean you can have colorful humming bird avians, noble eagles, hot penguins, drab peahens, fancy pigeons, killer cassowaries, pirate seagulls etc. Most of my avians exist only because I thought the bird would make a cool avian. XP So I think avians in general are popular - especially among humans it would seem.

And 2) The only halfborn we've met in the story is an avian halfborn. We're the most familiar with that particular type of halfborn. And as you pointed out elvian halfborns don't get out much.

Also yes SkieNight! Scar's art is fantastic! And I love Ebony's story.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Silverhart

Postby Commander Shepard » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:11 am

Tbh I'm feeling a bit bad having Shep be an Avian half-born... |D My reasoning is more just... it's the one that felt most right? Plus I've got a heavy association to birds/griffins and such, it just seemed like the natural thing to have gone with x3

I do have a pure human at least though, she's in charge of like all my glasswork collection so there's that at least? xD
(They/he/she)
Call me Shepard or Paine!

...art|| trade
.Shep || -
...You can fight
...like a krogan
run like a leopard
but you'll never be better
than Commander Shepard!

...by viddi
...Image
Commander Shepard

Postby Silverhart » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:21 am

Commander Shepard wrote:
Tbh I'm feeling a bit bad having Shep be an Avian half-born... |D My reasoning is more just... it's the one that felt most right? Plus I've got a heavy association to birds/griffins and such, it just seemed like the natural thing to have gone with x3

I do have a pure human at least though, she's in charge of like all my glasswork collection so there's that at least? xD

Why would you feel bad? XD Nothing to feel bad about making your characters the way you want to make them. Avians and halfborn lore exists for us to make characters out of. XD
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby valiant-quest » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:11 am

Last night, a teenage(?) halfborn elvian appeared in my dream! He had one brown and one green eye, silver hair, and stubby gray antlers. I decided to make him into a character.
I think that he was tired of all the muffled whispers and pitiful glances and disgusted looks, so he fled from his elvian kingdom to a human village, where he became an apothecary's apprentice.
He probably keeps his antlers trimmed and wears a hood as well as an eyepatch over his green eye when he goes in public.
Whether he covers his elvian features or not, others think he is unusually handsome, as is common among halfborn elvians.
Idk
valiant-quest

PreviousNext

Return to Eldemore Discussion