CODES - Community of Dedicated Eldemore Stalkers

A place to discuss all things Eldemore.

Re: CODES - Community of Dedicated Eldemore Stalkers

Postby cjr09 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:53 pm

Tweedie wrote:
AH! The Easter Sea Servals are just STUNNING!

Was everyone involved in the staff team involved in the designs?

You'll have to guess ;)

Like every easter, all staff are allowed to participate in the litter if they want, so you've got the entire staff to pick from!
cjr09

Postby Kiinotasha » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:17 am

So I pop over onto the glitch thread every now and then and saw this:
Zayin wrote:
Geowlett wrote:Im using chrome on my desktop. and yes i just clicked back and forth. It might be that my brothers keep downloading random stuff and the computer has a virus

but what does it mean by

The gates have opened, the glitch has awoken. Fear the null pointer...

ive never been so confused

Just a normal error code in Eldemore. Certainly no dangerous dragons on the loose...

I've made some changes, see if you keep experiencing it.

I wonder if the staff has something up their sleeves
"It has been said that 'Time heals all wounds', I do not agree. The wounds remain in time the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone." -Rose Kenady
ImageBy Skelisteri
ImageImageImage
Kiinotasha

Postby scmarshtacky » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:47 am

That whole string of comments had me laughing aloud. XD I certainly don't know anything about it, but I definitely enjoyed reading the small conversation.

Zayin wrote:
Geowlett wrote:"The gates have opened, the glitch has awoken. Fear the null pointer..."

Sounds about right.

There's just great finality in Zayin's response there. Of course the Glitch always likes to run rampant when one least expects it, but I didn't realize we now had special dialogue for the occasion. lol

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
scmarshtacky

Postby Sphye » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:45 pm

Quick contest! Each question is worth 1 point.

What is the name of Yasimi's only canonically-named mate?
Code: Select all
[b]What is the name of Yasimi's only canonically-named mate?[/b]

Where was the alluded "wedding cake incident" said to have taken place?
Code: Select all
[b]Where was the alluded "wedding cake incident" said to have taken place?[/b]

Alright go go go
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby interestingword » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:14 pm

Where was the alluded "wedding cake incident" said to have taken place?

The Oriental Isles! I think! Maybe!
still here, still here

howdy! my name is Sting
podcast fiend, dungeon master
and wildlife ecology major~
my fave pronouns are he/??

ask me about snakes!

mkairalla1 is my parabatai!
Gwen is my argent buddy!
interestingword

Postby Sphye » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:32 pm

interestingword wrote:Where was the alluded "wedding cake incident" said to have taken place?

The Oriental Isles! I think! Maybe!

Correct! The front page has been updated, and you are one point richer.
by ebriose.

♪♪♪

Postby PixelPawz » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:06 pm

What is the name of Yasimi's only canonically-named mate?
Zion! Best wolf dad!
PixelPawz

Postby Sphye » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:32 pm

PixelPawz wrote:What is the name of Yasimi's only canonically-named mate?
Zion! Best wolf dad!

Correct!~ You've been added to the front page and had one point assigned for answering correctly.
by ebriose.

♪♪♪

Postby Commander Shepard » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:45 pm

Since they're all grown & I had an inquiry about info... I feel here is a good place to reveal my thoughts/the themes behind the House Zmatok griffins :) (fun bit of info too- Zmatok isn't a bird genus, it's just a Slovakian word. Try translating it ;))

The Griffins of House Zmatok
While he travels Eldemore, Nyarlathotep has... experimented some, wanting to give the world something fun. These griffins cannot naturally be found in the wild, though a few feral colonies here and there have been established over time. Each are imbued with a personal touch and gift of magic, one that extends to whomever these griffins bond to. Due to their unusual creation, they are more open to a full bond with even non-Avians. They even seem to be rather accepting of half-borns when won through the proper means... which is to say, won from one of the games one might encounter in the Night Carnival.

Obviously, the first one had to be made in the image of Nyarlathotep himself. With glowing eyes and dimly shining bodies, these griffins always seem to have..... interesting things following them. The sigil on their left shoulders is their promise-- 'I Herald Change', and so they do. However, he was kind enough to keep it from having too much destructive potential. These griffins are often given to those who need a little change, if not straight up upheaval, in their lives... whether they know it or not. Perhaps because of this, they are reported to be the most steadfast and loyal of the bunch, sticking with their companion through any situation life might throw at them and lending their help however they can. Careful though... they also seem to have inherited the most of the Chaos Ancient's tendency towards pranks and mind games...

Possibility:
Eggs like glass and feathers full of smoke, dim threads of color flowing throughout. These griffins were given just the faintest fragment of Nyarlathotep's infinite sight into how events might play out, and their bodies are ever shifting with images of what may have been or what may be. They are often given to those who often turn their minds inwards and try to view situation from all angles; as well as those who show traces of foresight. Often those comparing notes on these griffins' growth have differing experiences regarding the wing feathers-- some stay blue until adulthood, some red or green, others cycling through... but in the end, all griffins of this kind bear all three colors, showing sometimes the same destination can have many paths. ... or that Nye really likes those colors. The sigils on their chests are simple seals and reminders of their duty-- I Show New Horizons.

Fortune Triad
Exclusively won through games of chance in the Carnival, these griffins appear almost identical even from the egg; it takes a keen eye to catch the difference. Worse still is when they're given as chicks, and trading between these griffins is a thriving (if not risky) enterprise whenever the Carnival comes around.

Fortune Griffins are works of art, gold and silver given life and warmth. Their feathers are inlaid with precious gems, their legs of rarest opalized woods, even their innards are a king's ransom of precious metals and gems; and they have a knack for finding other treasures in the world. No catch either! They are the purest show of luck and sudden windfall, that lucky break the universe throws you once in a while. The sigils on their cheeks are of opal as well; a promise to whoever they serve-- 'Fortune Be With You'. Remember though... these griffins might not have any strings attached, but the treasures they seek might...

Misfortune Griffins... are also works of art, from a certain point of view. What appear to be feathers of silver and gold invariably weathers away, revealed to be paint over cheap wood and rusted steel. These griffins remain chicks forever, and even though their wooden features are prone to... breakage, it doesn't hurt and they are easily mended. They are perhaps the sweetest and most optimistic of the Zmatok griffins, always trying to bring even the faintest of smiles to their companions. Unlike the others, they bear no sigil-- their situation is what they and their companion make of it, for good or for ill. They don't have as much of an instinct for finding precious items like their bigger cousins, but they do seem to have an uncanny ability to find old or lost things that can prove useful...

Emerald Griffins are... .... weird. A rare find, these eggs can take months-- even years-- to reach their final state, rewarding only the most patient and curious. These eggs never hatch, instead turning into solid hunks of high-quality emerald. To those who keep them, rather than trying to sell them off, they do grant a boon-- quick wit and a sly tongue, a certain sort of charm and innate knowledge of when to turn and run from a situation. The sigil on their shells reflects that, though... one has to question why it had to be phrased 'Gotta Go Fast'....
(They/he/she)
Call me Shepard or Paine!

...art|| trade
.Shep || -
...You can fight
...like a krogan
run like a leopard
but you'll never be better
than Commander Shepard!

...by viddi
...Image
Commander Shepard

Postby Coyote » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:57 am

I just wanted to say that I had a ton of fun reading all about those Zmatok Griffins. Each one feels so extra-special now that I can look at my homestead and understand the story behind them. I can't decide which one is my favorite now! I won't spoil what the translation for "Zmatok" is, but it makes total sense now that I've looked it up. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts, Commander Shepard!
x《▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃》
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
▅▄▀
▅▄▀