New Elkrin Lines

A place to discuss all things Eldemore.

New Elkrin Lines

Postby revenant » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:56 am

As an artist myself, I want to say this as respectfully as possible. I know what it's like to have something I worked hard on not go over well. But I am very disappointed with the new elkrin lines. They used to look like these beautiful, graceful creatures. Especially the stags- the lines flowed beautifully, they were posed well, and it was just very aesthetically pleasing in general. Now all of that is gone. They don't look anything like the elkrin we had before, and I already miss the old ones. What's more, I don't understand the reason for the change. I don't want to needlessly complain, but downgrades like this are part of the reason I'm not nearly so enchanted with this site as I used to be. Elkrin aren't something I can look at and admire anymore, and I want to know if anyone else feels the same way.
revenant

Re: New Elkrin Lines

Postby Mira » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:01 pm

The reason for the line change reaches way back to the beginning of the site. The lines where rushed for the sites launch, and needed an update on their body stature and stuff.

But don't worry, the old Elkrin will stay in their lines, so you can still enjoy the old designs with the old lines. ^.^

In my opinion, the new lines are awesome! They look strong and like they can carry an Elvian with a loot of stuff to travel around. I can't wait for them to be implemented for monthly releases! :)

Mira

Postby Startedraining » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:02 pm

The older elkrin lines had great poses, I agree, but the anatomy was off. While I'll miss the older poses, I'm glad to see a change. I'm really sorry to see you are disappointed with the newer lines, I'm sure though that you will learn to adore them as much as the older ones ;w;
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Edo Phoenix » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:38 pm

are the new elkrin lines going to be implemented...?? >_>

I agree with Alenko, the usual elkrins (especially the male) are aesthetically pleasing in general... I like how the males show their elegance through their pose. The first impression that came to my mind after seeing the male elkrin's pose was: majestic.

The new line may have better anatomy, yes it looks stronger, but I think that it looks less dynamic and dull...
It's like, there is nothing outstanding from it...

Well, it's just my opinion though ^^"
Afterall, I can only enjoy what Eldemore gives to their players ~
Edo Phoenix

Postby Silverhart » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:47 pm

The new lines also give more room for artists to work with. So as well as improving the overall anatomy there is a functional reason the lines were changed as well. ^^ In fact that seems to be the reason most of the line changes happen - both to update the art, and make the artists' jobs a little easier. So that's always something they have to keep in mind.

I miss the old poses too, but honestly, the new elkrin are much better from a structural point of view, and will be much easier to work with when coming up with designs. I especially think the antlers will be easier to work with - there seems to be more room, and the slight three-quarter view will really help to make the elkrin look a bit less flat.

I know change isn't always fun, but once the artists start getting out different designs on these guys, you might find you really like them! I know I already have a few fun ideas... I mean, we'll always love and cherish the old lines of course, but I think it's really neat seeing them change and evolve!
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Benathorn » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:44 pm

Locking this thread since the question has been answered. You certainly do not have to like the new lines, which is why the old lines are still there to be enjoyed in the hundreds. However, this thread might spark some conflict later on so its best to lock it now. Don't let the new lines deter you, though. There is so much more to our site for you to enjoy besides just the Elkrin.
Benathorn
Administrator

Return to Eldemore Discussion