Why do we need ally pets?

A place to discuss all things Eldemore.

Why do we need ally pets?

Postby revenant » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:41 pm

I'm going to go ahead and answer my own question here: we don't. At all. But I'm genuinely curious to hear someone try to justify this.
Is it because of the handful of "allies" who threw a hissy fit after the last batch of pride pets? The quotation marks, by the way, are there because anyone who can't see the irony in this situation is really not a real ally.
Put yourself in the shoes of someone on this site. A LGBT (for lack of a better, uncensored term) person who adopts this set of pets. Not me, this is all purely hypothetical. Imagine getting this set of pets, and searching for the one with your pride flag, only to find out it's not there. Bad luck and rng has left you not with a representation of your own orientation or identity, but with rank upon rank of garishly decorated "pride" pets. For allies. Allies don't have a "look", allies don't have a flag. Don't dress them up in our colors so that they don't feel left out. This isn't about them. So many things are already-- just let us have this. Rushing to include ally representation overrides the point completely.
revenant

Re: Why do we need ally pets?

Postby Benathorn » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:34 pm

A topic like this will only create conflict we'd like to avoid on our forums. The pet was not made to upset anyone and the whole set itself was a small gift. Let's try to keep to the positive side of it for this month, please. I'm sorry it upset you, but that was certainly no one's intention. Hopefully in the future we can create a larger set that includes more pride pets so no one is left out.
Benathorn
Administrator

Return to Eldemore Discussion