New Limited Bazaar Item- Stone of Random!

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

New Limited Bazaar Item- Stone of Random!

Postby Benathorn » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:00 am

Stone of Random Limited Release

---------------------------------------

Hello everyone,

Today marks the first day out of three that this very special item, called the Stone of Random, shall be made available to you all from December 31st through January 2nd. The stone of random is a costly item, but only because of the potential value which it holds. This post will elaborate on this rare and limited item, and how exactly this will work.

What is the Stone of Random: The stone of random is an item that will be released in the Bazaar for a very limited time once each year. It is a way to re-release past Bazaar pets to the site in order to keep the economy stable and also have these nearly unobtainable pets placed back into circulation so they do not become so ridiculously rare that it harms trading rather than helping it. The reason this happens is because we are still a young site, and have experienced massive growth in new members since the Bazaar first opened.

However, there is a catch to all of this that helps keep them limited and rare. The stone of random will only give you two random store pets which were not released in the past four months. So there won't be any of the most recent or current store pets in the random generator. It will also be extremely rare to get any of the first big four Bazaar releases, as opposed to the more common 2014 releases, but it is still one last chance to obtain one if you get super lucky.

Also, this will be the last time to get a chance at obtaining past Bazaar releases for 2013-2014. After the last day of its release, these pets will no longer be obtainable except by trading with other users. If we decide to continue the Stone of Random, it would be released in 2015, but will only hold 2015 releases and the last few releases of 2014. Basically, the next year's stone wouldn't have anything from this year's stone, and so on and so forth.

How This Affects the Site: We've run test after test for the past few weeks to see how all this will effect rarities and are pretty pleased with the results. The random generator coupled with the drop rates have been coded and tested to give out enough to where they would hardly effect the standing rarity as it is for some of these pets. After all, there are barely over a hundred Elderwinds on the site right now, and Legendaries are marked at 300 and below -- add this with the drop rate and the random generator for the stone, and only a few would probably be released during this rare opportunity.

Show Off them Pets: Our General Helper, Aralas, has set up a thread for you to post what you get from the stone of random. You can find this fun thread here~

---

This idea originally came from a thread poll a bit back, where we asked you, the community, what you would like to see in the Bazaar. Many of you voted in favor of a stone of random like this, and we have taken many of your suggestions into account while creating this exclusive Bazaar item. It is not cheap, nor will they contain the true dates of those purchased in the past, but it also makes sure that these pets are not impossible to obtain while keeping the economy flowing and strong.

As the site grows, we may change some things about how we handle the Stone of Random, like limiting the day to only two or one depending on rarities, pets, and user numbers at the end of the year in 2015. We are basically charging more than we did at the time of their original release, but it provides a chance to get some of these older Bazaar pets that will be very hard to get, and have appreciated a lot in value since their release. Hopefully you all will like this idea and take advantage of the opportunity, those who are opposed to this idea, we certainly understand your concerns as to why, but we also hope you know and understand that we are paying close attention to all of this and are making sure to monitor the outcome as well.

We hope you all enjoy the Stone of Random, regardless, and thank you for your support! ~Eldemore Staff

---------------------------------------
Benathorn
Administrator

Re: New Limited Bazaar Item- Stone of Random!

Postby Lailic » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:02 am

This is awesome!! c:

So expensive though xD but I will have to try this!! cx
Last edited by Lailic on Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commissions wrote: Currently closed till farther notice

I love you, Avril L. wrote:I like your smile
I like your vibe
I like your style
But that's not why I love you

Lailic wrote:Pronounced: Lay-Lick
Mood: Happy (:
Preferred Pronoun: She/Her

The Sane One The Interesting one The Secretive one The Sassiest One The Quiet one

Lailic

Postby Aralas » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:03 am

At long last.
Staff Member from 2014 to 2017.
This site will always hold a special place in my heart. Unfortunately, I'll no longer be able to remain an active member, but I wish you all the very, very best.
Aralas

Postby Tekla » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:06 am

This is so cool, but out of my price range. XD; Good luck to everyone who tries it!
I WILL NOT BE VERY ACTIVE HERE UNTIL THE SITE REOPENS. I will still check in occasionally for trades. If you want to trade your FR for my Eld, please message me on FR - my username is Kadaj.

Eld Trades | Offsite Trades

Art shop [closed]

Tekla

Postby Fable » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:08 am

An awesome opportunity, but definitely a bit steep here too. :c
Looking for all missed outcomes & eldemore pets!
Have CS & Baubles!
Especially seeking a Silverleaf.
Fable

Postby Patch » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:09 am

Ooh, I'm happy! ^u^

Image Image
Wanna keep in touch with me? You can find me writing and derping around on Advanced Scribes:
[ Click here to view profile. ]
(If you like role playing or just writing overall, I recommend checking it out. ♥)
Patch

Postby SkieNight » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:11 am

Its good to see this idea be put to action, and I wish the best of luck to everyone who uses it. Though I have to say the price is a bit high, though it understandable.

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby Lestat de Lioncourt » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:14 am

Its a once a year thing so i think it should be available for a little longer than one or two days maybe like 2 to 3 weeks so that it allows some people who can afford to spend the money for it to get paid. I hope i can get paid in time on the second to try my hand at this again before it goes.
Last edited by Lestat de Lioncourt on Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lestat de Lioncourt

Postby Mouse » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:17 am

Ooo, it looks like a lot of fun, and what an opportunity.

Any chance that the price will be lowered though? I'd love to participate, and I understand that you could be getting very valuable pets, but that seems like too much money, especially for just two... :/ Maybe there would be a way to spend $10 for one next year instead of $20 for two? Just an idea! c:
Last edited by Mouse on Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mouse

Postby Yonaka Kyoki Prince » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:19 am

I regret. TwT

Could've easily traded my baubles for some other sort of pet...
ImageImage
I may have gotten my dreamie, but honestly speaking, trading 100 B is still worth more than paying 400B for a pair of '13 pets. I feel that if the price was 300B, it would be much better...
My dreamie on Eldemore is the 'Faded Galaxy Ancient' and a few others
:.Important.: All named pets are off limits- Not For Trade
Status:.: Lost at sea with Niles- currently hitching a ride upon the Ancient Leviathan
Trade Status:.: Looking for the Faded Galaxy Ancient.
Only trading baubles and Bazaar pets for other Bazaar and wishlist pets.
A̢͞h, sweet ̢c̵̕͢hi̕l̴d o̢̧f̨͡͠ ͜K̵͢o̸s͜͝,
returned to the o͝cę̶͢a̵͜҉n̵̡.̡.͜.҉̴͞.
A b̮͜o̷͕͎̼͚͎t̹̦̻̬͖̰t̮om̮͢l̡͉͓͖̦̬e̘̪͉̩̞͟s̸͇̭ͅs̡̲͇̣̣ ̺̼̮̫̙͟c̡̦̳̳̹͕u҉̹̺̦̘̼r̟s̟̦̣̟e̘͓̯̠̻,̲
͙̲̙̥̀ͅA b̤̟̦̺͙̜͔̜o͓͕̺̞t͍̝̻͕̙̗t͚͍̪̱̞͓o͉͙̦͔̝̻̗̱̫̟̖͈m̫̹͈̠͓̭͈̥͔l̦̭̳̭̙̱͚͎͈̤̻e͈̳̬͕̘͍̝͇̣͉s͍̯̼ͅs͔̩͎͉̙͇̫̘̥͙̲̞ ̤̜͈̹̼͚̖̜͔̫̥̘̪sea
Accepting of all that there is and can be.

Samhain, All Hallow's Eve Event
Yonaka Kyoki Prince

Next

Return to Announcements