General Helper Applications #3 [CLOSED]

All news and changes to the Eldemore website will be posted here.

Re: General Helper Applications #3

Postby Godiva » Tue May 05, 2015 1:12 pm

Name:
Godiva

Timezone:
I am in the Eastern Time zone.

Description:

Eldemore is the main online website I play. I have devoted a lot of time here, and I feel confident that I am familiar with the functions of trading, how to operate the codex, the Bazaar, the adoptions page, the basic rules of Eldemore, the different sections of the forums, the Eldemore lore, past events, and future events. While I have had no experience being a moderator in the past, I believe that I can help very well to explain all of these functions to new users, as well as link them to other threads where they can find answers they are looking for, and meet the community. I am usually very level headed in conflict, and I feel I can resolve issues that may arise.

My understanding of Important info / links:

Requirements:

- Must be at least 16 years of age or older.
I am at least sixteen years old.

- Has ample time to devote to the site and others.
I have extensive amounts of free time in the day, because I am home-schooled, and spend most of my time working on my laptop, doing all my school online. Thanks to the way my school schedule works, I am available pretty much all day to help out.

- Has a familiar knowledge of the site's lore, pets, and layout.
I am confident that I have a good knowledge of Eldemore's lore, pets and layout. I often stalk the "Lore and Info" thread, and I believe I am up to date on everything I would need to know. Plus, I'm a member of the Codes, we know everything.

- Knows important links, site functions, and information that can be useful to new members.
I believe I have this knowledge and will be able to help new members. Based on my own previous experience, and users who have come to me with questions, I believe I know what can be confusing, and how I can explain, and help new users to get to know and understand Eld.

- Has been a member for more than two months and visits often or on a daily basis. You must also be in good standing with the site, this means no strikes against your account or previous conflicts with the staff and members as a whole.
I joined August 9th, 2014. I visit on a daily basis. I have no strikes, or conflict with staff or members.

- And most importantly: Is kind and helpful to everyone they meet!
I love the whole Eld community, the kind staff, and the amazing friends I have met here. I think the thing that sets Eldemore apart is the balance of helpfulness, and kindness. One needs to be professional and efficient, but I think it is also important that the person you are helping knows you genuinely care and want to help them. It's this sort of attitude that makes a new user, or even an old one, feel more comfortable and at home with the community. I know from many personal experiences here that is what a General Helper should be. Whenever I had a question, I always felt confident I could ask, without worrying about being brushed off, or hurried through an answer like I was a waste of time. I felt like I was asking a friend.
I like to consider myself a pretty social person. I enjoy talking to people, and I also enjoy helping them. I believe that I could continue on the cycle that brought me here, by having the same professional and caring attitude as those before me.

I enjoy greeting members in the Introductions, and while I may not always be the first person to post, I always try to give each a unique welcome. I usually get messages from the people I have welcomed, because I say that my inbox is always open for questions / chat. I do my best to help / welcome users from my inbox as well.

Extra:
As I said above, I have lots of free available time to help new members, the rest of the staff, and anyone who would need help. I love this site, and I would love to be completely dedicated to making it a better place, and helping it grow. It has been a dream of mine ever since I found this place to work here. I remember my first day here I sent a message to Ara asking them how they got their General Helper job. Based on previous experience with other sites, I didn't expect a chat, but Ara was super helpful, cheerful, and offered me tips and advice. I knew from that moment on that Eldemore was different, and that the staff really cared.
The staff really enjoys answering questions, and helping those around them. Every one of the staff I have met has been kind and welcoming, and I want to be a part of that team, I want to give back to the website that welcomed me with open arms.

Goodluck everyone! <3
Last edited by Godiva on Fri May 15, 2015 10:51 pm, edited 9 times in total.
"It's an Elkrin Thing"

╭━━━━━━━━━━┓
Hello there! I'm Godiva.
If you need any help
with anything, or just
want to chat, feel free
to send me a message!
┖━━━━━━━━━━╯
coding ;3
Site and Forum Rules
Beginner's Guide
Eldemore Lore and Info
Godiva

Postby Magic Man » Tue May 05, 2015 6:11 pm

Name: Magic Man

Timezone: Australian Central Time Zone (UTC+09:30)

Description:
I've read up on some of the lore but im not really familiar with it as a whole. I am older than 16 years. As for time, I am pretty much free from 9am-5pm and 8pm-12am every day of the week and will be able to have access to Eldemore while not at home from my phone.

I know the layout of the site pretty well and can find what I'm looking for. Admittedly, I haven't read all the lore and don't know it like the back of my hand but i understand the basics.
I can explain easily enough to a newbie how to trade, create groups, adopts and how to use the codex properly. I'd help them out with how to do events and collecting tokens (i wasn't used to it myself when I started). There are many forums I know that i could direct them too if i fail to explain well enough.

I have been a member once Thursday Apr 17, 2014. I've mainly just been collecting pets and indulging in a few forum games. I always drop in to check the news and some forums. I am very active during events.
I feel I am a nice player and easy to talk too. I'm not the kind of person to message a random user out of nowhere but I happily accept PMs from users if they need help and am willing to help others.

Extra: Thanks for looking, good luck to all!
Magic Man

Postby Tekla » Tue May 05, 2015 8:57 pm

Name: Tekla

Timezone: MST/MDT

Description:

I know the lore and its significance in our events (especially the last one), pets, and the whole of the site. I've been playing since November 2013 and know very well the rules, important information and important links. My understanding of the rules overall is to be a nice player. I can easily explain how important site functions work, including explaining trading and the codex, and am well equipped to answer questions and give assistance to new players. Anything I can't explain myself, I know where to find a better explanation.

I have four years' experience as a help moderator on the dragon cave forums, where my whole purpose is to help players.

Extra: I'm online quite a lot, usually all afternoon, evening, and part of the night. Thanks for considering this!
Last edited by Tekla on Sat May 16, 2015 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I WILL NOT BE VERY ACTIVE HERE UNTIL THE SITE REOPENS. I will still check in occasionally for trades. If you want to trade your FR for my Eld, please message me on FR - my username is Kadaj.

Eld Trades | Offsite Trades

Art shop [closed]

Tekla

Postby Mouse » Wed May 06, 2015 2:19 am

Name: Mouse.

Timezone: I live in the Pacific Time Zone. I can be online anytime I need to be though. I’m often up late into the night doing homework and whatnot, and I can be awake early for whatever reason if I’m needed. The only time I’m unable to be online is during school and work, but both of which only last a few hours a few days a week.

Description: I’ve been on Eldemore since 2013, so I’ve kept up with the lore as it comes along and I’ve participated in every event (creatures, races, halfborns, professions, locations, and characters - I’ve read everything on the “Eldemore Lore and Info” thread more than once and I’m always checking for updates). I intend to be around for a long time, too.
When it comes to links on Eldemore, I can guide users, old and new alike, basically anywhere they need to go. For instance, Lore and Info, Announcements Page, Site Q & A, Glitches and Errors, Outcomes Thread (for this month), Trading Post (for this month), Art Shops, Introductions, just to name a few. There are obviously plenty of other important links, but I won’t clutter up this application too much. I’ve grown very familiar with this site as I’m on it constantly. I often devote several hours a day to this site, seeing as it’s the only one I frequent excluding school sites. At the very least, I have it open in the background and check in between real-life tasks. Aside from just directing users to links, I’d be able to answer questions, make introductions, and diffuse any arguments that may arise. I can efficiently explain how the different parts of Eldemore function and I don’t mind users approaching me personally with their questions. C:

Extra: My goal in any social interaction, be it at work, at school, or online, is to keep things light and fun, helping out wherever I can and where I’m needed. I know what it means to be professional and friendly at the same time. While I haven’t moderated before, I’d love for this to be my first (and probably only) moderation position. I know I don’t post quite as much as some other members, but I’d like to assure you that it’s not because I'm inactive or antisocial, it’s just that others beat me to the punch! I remember an announcement saying everyone rushing to greet every member with essentially the same posts as Aralas and Scmarshtacky left them at a bit of a loss, but now that they’ve been promoted, that could be my job. The thought is very exciting, I must admit! It could give me an excuse to be even more social on the only site I’ve grown to adore and visit daily. :3

Thanks for the opportunity! I look forward to watching Eldemore expand whether I succeed in this or not.
Mouse

Postby Lailic » Wed May 06, 2015 6:50 pm

Name: Lailic

Timezone: PST

Description:
I've been on Eldemore for just over a year now. The one thing I love most about Eldemore is the Lore and creatures. The plot line for the events is amazing. I'm always reading and rereading the lore, constantly checking for new information. I do think I know the lore fairly well.

I absolutely love people, and I do tend to go out of my way to make people smile, or their day just a bit better if I can. My schooling is online, and I have Eldemore open in a new tab and check it every 15 minutes or so. I know where all of the important links are, and am very familiar with the layout of the site and it's forums. Because of the way my days are I am very available from 7am to 10pm PST. So any questions a new user might have I'd be able to answer in a timely manor. I firmly believe that I will be able to make new users feel welcome and be able to fully answer any questions they have.

I have run adoption agencies in the past, but I haven't really moderated any real sites before. I am very enthusiastic about Eldemore and I'm always talking about it in real life. I truly love the site and the community. Eldemore is an absolutely wonderful place.

Extra: Thank you for your consideration.
Commissions wrote: Currently closed till farther notice

I love you, Avril L. wrote:I like your smile
I like your vibe
I like your style
But that's not why I love you

Lailic wrote:Pronounced: Lay-Lick
Mood: Happy (:
Preferred Pronoun: She/Her

The Sane One The Interesting one The Secretive one The Sassiest One The Quiet one

Lailic

Postby kiel » Thu May 07, 2015 8:36 pm

Name: Skye~
Timezone: I live by Pacific Standard time, and I am usually online and active anywhere from 4-8 hours a day. I’ve been a little less active for the past month, but I’m stepping back up to the site again which means I’ll be on Eldemore again with a wide range of online hours.

Description: I've been active an contributing bit by bit starting a week after the site was launched, and I've seen it get better and better over the years. Although I haven’t had a lot of experience with moderating sites, I do like to explore around the forums a lot and if I find people to help along the way that’s even better =) I try to do as much as I can to help as long as I’m needed and think up a lot of ideas to make communities cozier. I know a lot about Eldemore lore, (a great side effect for organizing a specific thread for events xD) and I can help out when users need help during pretty much any site situation. I usually pick up lots of colorful and interesting things while scanning the forums, especially art and roleplay sections. Over the years I've seen a lot of growth in the site, in the storyline and in the people that are here! Getting a chance to know everyone really well doesn't come around very often, and I'd like to help out so I'm submitting an application for General Helper.

Extra: I usually don’t log on for a long period of time, but I am online more frequently. Some times I can log on (in PST) are at around 3-4 AM (morning for EST), and 3-10 PM. Best of luck to everyone that applies and may the ancients choose the worthy ones to watch over the land of Eldemore! =D
kiel

Postby cathahaha » Thu May 14, 2015 10:18 pm

Name: cathahaha
Timezone: Pacific time zone and it does not matter what time it is I can still be online.
Description: I can help new users by telling them how to post, adopt, what to do when a event comes, how to get baubles, How to trade, all about Lore and species of eldemore, in fact I have the lore page bookmarked! I do not have a prior experience to moderating. Extra: I am really good at coding: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/36675062/ Thank you and good luck to all! :mrgreen:
cathahaha

Postby Starrywish » Sat May 16, 2015 8:31 am

Name: Starrywish

Timezone: JST(UTC+9)

Description:
I have been on this site for about 5 months or so. It hasn't been long since I joined, yet I am very into this site.
I read a lot about Eldemore lore and information. I caught up with the lore here and read the Eldemore lore and info. I have knowledge about the basic lore and the species, along with the different races and professions with places marked on the Explore map.
There are several important topics bookmarked on my account. I visit the Trade aid rarity list often to help my understanding of the rarities and preferences on this site. Also I know the rarities and pets on this site, though I am not totally fond of all of the pets on the codex since I can't remember some. I know what a fair trade is most of the time, which depends on date, rarity, preference(overall quality). Also I know the official bauble ratings, help from here. I keep up with the rarity updates too. (+codex guide)
As I mentioned earlier, it has been only 5 months since I joined, relatively a newbie. Which is why I read the newbie guide here and the helpful links listed here. I still read from time to time to excel information.
I also visit the Site Q&A so I know certain information related to various parts of the site.
But most of all, I know the site rules. The privacy policy is mandatory knowledge, and the Site and Forum rules are important. I always keep it in mind and I am able to summarize it. And I know the rules of other forums such as the Trading rules, Giveaway rules, Auction rules, and Roleplaying rules.

So that is what I know. To summarize, I am able to explain site lore(still learning a few parts of it) in a summarized way, and the site rules, rarities, things related to trading. To add, I can link important threads such as the threads above which were very useful for me.
I have always enjoyed helping others out with something. I had been an administrator of a forum(currently non-existent) and helped users out with the site. Plus I am a staff member of a site under construction. Though it is under construction, I keep things going on the site overall and gather members plus inform users. Also I helped newer users on another site(CS) though I wasn't officially a General Helper there. I actually wanted to help users out with Eldemore, but the fact was that I was a newbie. But I want to help newer users since it brings me happiness. Which is why I run a pound myself, called the Starry Pound. I often put rare or current month pets. And users find pets that they want and ask for them. There are new users among them too. Helping them find pets that they want makes them happy which makes me happy. I actually help people in real life, and gift them often. I also engage in various activities concerned with social services.

To answer the requirements, I am at an appropriate age.(at least 16) I am on Eldemore on a daily basis, and I spend hours browsing on weekends. (Depends a little on school days, yet I am on frequently) So yes, I have ample time to devote to the site and others. I know important links and functions along with information. I can explain it to newer members. Though my English isn't fluent, and my grammar needs some correction, I can help newer people out. I have no strikes, nor conflicts.
And I am kind to everyone I meet! My English can seem a bit direct because I'm not from an english speaking country, but I will try my best.
I am capable of advising users in a good manner, and will try to explain in an easy way. Which is also why I want to be a General Helper.
I promise I will be dilligent and hard-working on the site, and make things easier for Eldemorians and make them happy.

Extra: I am a South Korean so I am fluent in Korean. (Though there are few koreans on Eldemore) Also I can type in English with a bit of ease, along with a little Japanese. I am on Eldemore in the afternoon and night on weekdays, evening and night on weekends. The thing is afternoon and night in our standard time. Which is probably early in the morning according to Eldemore standard time. I can help out at various times of day, because I am usually on at mornings (JST) for about 30 minutes too. Which would be night time on Eldemore.
I Admire the staff members of this site. They are always hard working, I see them create threads, moderate, and help out with the site. They are always around just in time to manage Eldemore. They are always hard working and helpful, which is very kind of them. If it weren't for the staff, I would have had more difficulty with dealing with the site lore. Not only the staff, but also the kind, warm hearted users of Eldemore. When I had questions, they never hesitated to answer. I am always thankful of the users on Eldemore, because their help is unforgettable.
And to add, I might be a new-ish user on Eldemore for less than half an year, but my will to help out as a member of the community is as strong as any other. I will do my best!

Thank you for the opportunity and Good luck everyone!
Last edited by Starrywish on Sat May 16, 2015 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Starrywish

Postby Spectreselva » Sat May 16, 2015 12:32 pm

Name: Spectreselva

Timezone: I'm in the EST/EDT timezone. ^^

Description: I admit the lore is my weak point, and that I need to read it more often. But the lore fascinates the heck out of me. I've been on this site for just under a year, 9 months or so, and know my way around the site pretty darn well and know all the important links and how to find them. I can help others navigate how to adopt, how to find their way through the code and bazaar. I'm familiarizing myself with the rarities to better help with trading. I also know a lot about the creatures of the site, their lore and the personalities that go with them. I don't have much experience moderating a site like Eldemore, but I have moderated in other places, and I'm more than willing to learn the ways of how things are done here. As far as I know I've had no conflicts with other players, or had any flags placed on my account. I always try my hardest to be kind, nice and considerate to others when interacting with them.

Major links I know of:

Eldemore Lore and Info
Trade aid rarity list
A pet's worth in baubles
Is this a fair trade
Is this a fair cross site trade

Extra: I am well over 16 years of age. I have a ton of free time I can and do dedicate to being on Eldemore, and would love to be able to just help more around Eldemore. I am online a ton, and visit the site pretty often every day and spend at least a an hour at a time on it.

Lastly, thank you for the opportunity to possibly be on this great site's staff, and good luck to all.
Ultra collection completed 11/16/15

Hoarding:
Emerald zodiac gem rune dragon pygmys
All Carousel Slepneirs
All betta runes

Eldemore trades
Off-Site trades
Spectreselva

Postby Benathorn » Sun May 17, 2015 12:01 am

Applications are now closed. We will be taking the next few days to read over all forms and come to a decision, so be sure to check back later for an announcement concerning our new General Helpers~
Benathorn
Administrator

Previous

Return to Announcements